44 Brattle Street (on the walkway)
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harvestcambridge.com/
- Phone: 6178682255
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mary Dumont
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harvest offers the Fireplace Room for Private Events for 20 to 30 people. Our Semi-Private Alcove area is available for parties of 15 to 25. Our Back Dining Room accomadates parties of 40 to 60. Please contact Chelsea at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Special Events: Every night we offer the $44 Brattle Street Menu; 3 Courses paired with wine that changes weekly. Our Business Lunch is offered Monday thru Saturday with 2 courses and $22 or 3 courses at $29. Each month join us for Harvest Reviews; A Special dinner of 4 Courses with Wine for $39. Please call Harvest for our special events reservations.
- Cross Street: On the walkway between Mt. Auburn and Brattle
- Public Transit: Red Line, Harvard Square T Stop
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet offered on Friday and Saturday evenings only. Partially validated parking at University Place Garage on University Avenue. Metered Street parking available.
A word from Harvest
Located in the heart of Harvard Square, Harvest celebrates the modern American table. Harvest presents inspired American cuisine showcasing the region's freshest ingredients and seasonal product. Serving Lunch, Dinner and Sunday Brunch as well as our Bar Menu in the lounge. Enjoy our seasonal outdoor Garden Terrace (Terrace is seated on a first come, first serve basis). Harvest offers Private Dining from 15 to 60 people. Sit Down lunches, dinners and receptions are just some of the Private Functions Harvest can provide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Harvest - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Harvest reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (152)fit for foodies (147)special occasion (143)romantic (92)neighborhood gem (88)notable wine list (63)great for lunch (42)great for brunch (39)good for groups (24)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (6)Show More
- Still amazing after all these yearsmacklDined on 9/12/2014Harvest stays fresh and fabulous with informed caring professional service, enough room, a lovely patio for al fresco, and beautiful, locavorish presentations. The menu choices are balanced and varied, highly interesting, creative but always on key. Marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible and not worth the money!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014We had gone years ago and we could not have been more disappointed! It was loud, the service was horrible and the food portions were ridiculously small! The prices are do not warrant the experience. If I were you, I would pass on this one!!!Special Features:
- a disappointmenthungryscholarDined on 9/9/2014Very very slow service. Food expensive and of mediocre quality. Will not go again.Special Features:
- overall + experiencemikioddyDined on 9/9/2014our waiter missed part of our order, but quickly recovered. The food was excellent, especially the Ceviche and the smoked ricotta ravioli. Every dish was beautifully presented and very interesting flavor combos. dining in the outdoor courtyard was perfectly charming, and the background noise level was reasonable. Desserts did not look interesting enough to try. I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineDE1VIPDined on 9/7/2014Great restaurant in Cambridge! Did Sunday dining a the bar and got great service...but there is something to table side. Outdoor seating looks great while the weather cooperates! Had pan roasted halibut that was excellent! Will return next time in Boston!Special Features:
- Cambridge ClassicFrannyDined on 9/7/2014What could be better than dinner outside on a summer night in a Ben Thompson designed garden. Great raw bar and ceviche.Special Features:
- Service not up to usual excellenceFrankVIPDined on 9/6/2014As always the food was outstanding. There were six of us ordering several different entree's and everyone was impressed with the inventiveness and quality of their choice. Unfortunately the service, while adequate, was not up to what we usually experience at Harvest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentkgeiseDined on 9/6/2014The food was good - the burrata appetizer was plain mozzarella cheese, not buratta (and two VERY small slices of it at that) If I'm shelling out $16, I'd better get some buratta, or at least a healthy portion of mozzarella. Love the farm to table concept, but Harvest was way overpriced for what they offer.Special Features:
- tonyVIPDined on 9/6/2014small portions and large prices, but the food is creativeSpecial Features:
- great neighbourhood findCanadianDined on 9/6/2014The night was stormy but inside was cozy. I chose multiple appetizers and they were creative and tasty. The deserts were wonderful. It was not noisy and that is becoming increasingly hard to find. Service was friendly and they paid attention to our need to be at the theater after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SheckySheckyDined on 9/5/2014Classic, timeless restaurant. Had dinner there 9/5/14 - party of six. Food was delicious, service impeccable, atmosphere pleasant and quiet, even though the place was full. Wonderful dining experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchgracieDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful way to start a Sunday in Cambridge. Lovely setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingArthurPendragonDined on 8/30/2014Harvest was not what I had expected. It is expensive and serves small unappetizing entrees.
- Consistently fineOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014Well prepared food, a competent and attentive staff, a pleasant surroundings are a constant at Harvest.Special Features:
- A very hidden, but nice spotAnna14Dined on 8/29/2014Food and service were very good. Patio does not get much sunlight so can be cold even on a warm day. The grass fed burger is great and all parties enjoyed their meals. Feels like an elegant dining experience and the prices are affordable, especially for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good if you're richBostonDinerDined on 8/28/2014When I booked the reservation I had asked for a table outside, which we were not given. My date did not mind so I didn't say anything, but was already not impressed from the get go. A group of 4 sat down at the table next to is who were clearly well off, and got their food before us even though we had been there first and had ordered first. We were participating in restaurant week because we don't have $40 to blow just on the entree, and yet the wait for our main course was fairly long. That said, our waitress was spectacular and very considerate; this review is more a reflection on the place overall. The food was delicious and well proportioned, I just wish they would treat everyone the same.Special Features:
- Very good food slow serviceWinerDinerDined on 8/28/2014The food is imaginative and delicious. We waited a very long time for entrees but nonetheless had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Excellent!BostonSeanDined on 8/28/2014Right from the initial presentation of the three delicious types of bread, I knew I was in good hands. They even offered me a free dessert in honor of my recently passed birthday!Special Features:
- Harvard Square GemPeterVIPDined on 8/28/2014Harvest is always good and their specials during restaurant week are great to try new offerings.Special Features:
- business lunchbarkley27Dined on 8/28/2014Had to hold an impromptu small business meeting / lunch - Harvest was perfect - they got us a table in a very quiet / secluded area of the restaurant - service was impeccable - food was great - it was as if it was an catered eventSpecial Features:
- Yet another endorsementCantabrigian10Dined on 8/28/2014I am glad to see the food at the Harvest remains uniformly good/excellent, is properly prepared and presented (I took a photo of it). My swordfish was outstanding; cooked just right (not easy to achieve). However, the waiter, while he did his job, was humorless and standoffish. The backup waitstaff who refill water are amazing, unobtrusive and smooth.Special Features:
- worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The food, and presentation is wonderful. although pricy, you will not feel ripped off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cambridge gemdiner3Dined on 8/25/2014This farm to table restaurant served us beautifully presented and delicious dinners (pork tenderloin and homemade pasta) during Boston's restaurant week. Great wine selection. Wonderful desserts. Fantastic service. Will have to return to try out the rest of the enticing regular menu.Special Features:
- Good food Good AtmosphereCanuckDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the meal. It was well presented and tasty. I had the seared tuna, which was delicious. My desert was too chocolaty and didn't have enough depth of flavour for my liking, but overall the savory dishes were good (my boyfriend and I each had a starter and a main).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Night on the TerracemellenVIPDined on 8/23/2014The outside dining area turns an always good experience into a wonderful evening. We went pre-theater and enjoyed oysters, caesar salad, blue fish and striped bass. All were uniformly excellent. The waiter kept things moving so we could make it to the show without rushing. Great option for fine dining in Harvard SquareSpecial Features:
- The Harvard Resto in Harvard SquareFoodProfDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is a real find (both because it is tucked off the beaten path a bit and because the food/service were great). Service is exemplary - on a busy night things moved quickly. The wine list was great and the servers knew the dishes and wines well. The outdoor fireplace added great ambiance and the supplementary heaters helped with the crisp night air. Our party of 4 loved the experience and it will be a must do the next time we are at Harvard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014Harvest is one of the most consistently excellent restaurants in the area. As always, food was interesting and delicious (Big Yellow Taxi Tomato Soup with grilled cheese/lobster sandwich, striped bass, seered with wonderful flavorings and vegetables), service was great, wine recommendation was perfect, and dining in the courtyard is always lovely. Waitstaff was also very conscious of our need to be out for a show, yet we never felt rushed.....a lovely evening...as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening on the townBenSahnDined on 8/22/2014Terrific food and wine, spot-on service, and dining on the outdoor patio made for a wonderful late August evening out. We appreciate that there were vegetarian choices too.Special Features:
- Always greatCraigDined on 8/21/2014Yet again a great meal, wonderful service, lovely space, and an all round fun night out. A standby that continues to stand out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a grown-up option in Harvard squarepbillDined on 8/19/2014Out of sight but not out of the way. Sheer romance of surroundings. Dedicated, ptofessional waitstaff and creative and thoughtful work from the chef and sous chefs. Low volume music is pleasant. Lighting and acoustics easy on the eyes and ears. Classy and friendly. Fresh local produce. Great wine cellar. There's nothing not to like about this place. Pricey but with good reason, and worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurePamRDined on 8/19/2014To fine at The Harvest. Dinner was very nice. We were there early before the theatre and were the only ones on the patio. By the time we left , after yummy ceviche , tenderloin and lobster Mac n cheese, the patio was full! A lovely way to spend a late summer evening!Special Features:
- murphymurphyVIPDined on 8/19/2014We have had good experience whenever "Dining out" is upon us. The lunch at Harvest was great with the food being the reason. We each chose one of the two offerings for first course and entree. The presentation was perfect as was the quantity. MY tuna was the best I have had, and I order it out quite often. Been to Harvest before and it has always been a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Great againHieronymusDined on 8/18/2014The food and service were excellent, as is usually the case at Harvest. The outdoor patio is a special place to have a fine meal. If I had one complaint, it would be that the beautifully appointed and tasty dishes were somewhat minimalist, i.e., skimpy, considering the price. Nonetheless, if the three courses did not make us feel stuffed, they did not leave us hungry either. All in all, Harvest consistently delivers a satisfying dining experience.Special Features:
- adventurousdinersVIPDined on 8/17/2014Harvest is lovely. We were particularly impressed by the warm welcome at the hostess stand. The same nice people wished us a warm goodbye. We had great drinks at the bar while our table was being set up. Our food was served beautifully and it was tasty. The halibut was especially nice. Our server was nice, but a little hurried. We would definitely return. The courtyard alone is worth it. Very pleasant and calming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014It is a great restaurant. It deserves very high marks on food, and atmosphere. I have always enjoyed food and so have my guestsSpecial Features:
- urielmeshoulamVIPDined on 8/16/2014Usually the food is superb. This time, it was just "good." Will not deter me from returning!Special Features:
- Fruit FliesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014My overall experience was extremely positive. However, the only negative comment I have is the number of fruit flies buzzing around our table the entire night. We were indoors and the waitress offered to move us but the tables around us were also plagued. I will probably go back, but only sit outside.Special Features:
- A Memorable 50th Birthday!Grimaces50thBDayDined on 8/16/2014In celebration of my husbands 50th birthday I purchased tickets to Finding Neverland at the A.R.T. I was pleased to see on their website the recommendation to several restaurants in the area. I viewed the menu for Harvest on-line then called to be sure there would be gluten free options for him. Dinner was excellent and his allergy was not a problem! Even served a special dessert (on the house) with "Happy Birthday", written in chocolate, on the plate. Very impressive! Only negative comment I have was I found the service to be a little slow. Worried we would be late. Wait staff was very attentive and loved the open concept where the food was being prepared. Overall, a wonderful dining experience for a very special occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealsfitzpDined on 8/15/2014Super patio, very surprising after walking up the alley to get to the rear entrance. Super food, great wine list. Outstanding experience!Special Features:
- not badEricDined on 8/13/2014Nice place, decent food, though for this price I would have expected more...