44 Brattle Street (on the walkway)
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harvestcambridge.com/
- Phone: (617) 868-2255
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mary Dumont
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harvest offers the Fireplace Room for Private Events for 20 to 30 people. Our Semi-Private Alcove area is available for parties of 15 to 25. Our Back Dining Room accomadates parties of 40 to 60. Please contact Chelsea at email@example.com for more details.
- Special Events: Every night we offer the $44 Brattle Street Menu; 3 Courses paired with wine that changes weekly. Our Business Lunch is offered Monday thru Saturday with 2 courses and $22 or 3 courses at $29. Each month join us for Harvest Reviews; A Special dinner of 4 Courses with Wine for $39. Please call Harvest for our special events reservations.
- Cross Street: On the walkway between Mt. Auburn and Brattle
- Public Transit: Red Line, Harvard Square T Stop
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet offered on Friday and Saturday evenings only. Partially validated parking at University Place Garage on University Avenue. Metered Street parking available.
A word from Harvest
Located in the heart of Harvard Square, Harvest celebrates the modern American table. Harvest presents inspired American cuisine showcasing the region's freshest ingredients and seasonal product. Serving Lunch, Dinner and Sunday Brunch as well as our Bar Menu in the lounge. Enjoy our seasonal outdoor Garden Terrace (Terrace is seated on a first come, first serve basis). Harvest offers Private Dining from 15 to 60 people. Sit Down lunches, dinners and receptions are just some of the Private Functions Harvest can provide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Harvest - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Harvest reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (188)special occasion (154)great for outdoor dining (152)neighborhood gem (114)romantic (96)notable wine list (81)great for lunch (57)good for groups (52)great for brunch (40)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (18)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)Show More
- Delicious imaginative food with superb serviceWinerDinerDined on 11/17/2014We chose the prix fixe menu - three courses - but picked our own wine choices. The salmon was exquisite, the desserts sublime, the salad imaginative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureValissaVIPDined on 11/15/2014We have been to Harvest many times and it never disappoints. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mainstay of Harvard Square and for good reasonScottyVIPDined on 11/14/2014Lovely ambiance with views to open courtyard with fireplace .Two separate eating areas, one with another fireplace. Beautiful lighting and a perfect, cozy restaurant for winter lunches and dinners. Chef is always trying new entrees and appetizers, but always with good results. We go here often for location and atmosphere. We often take out of town guests here. Harvest is a mainstay of Harvard Sq for excellent reasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-theatertallredVIPDined on 11/11/2014Perfect timing for 3 small courses before we needed to leave for a performance. Our server "got it"--prompt without being rushed, and even time to split a dessert. The only suggestion is to up the interest in the grilled octopus appetizer-- it looked great, the texture was fine, but it was rather bland and small.Special Features:
- harvestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014not so great. food overpriced! I've had better at humbler restaurants. Waiter a little stiff. I went with my children and didn't feel comfortable there. wont return.Special Features:
- DoriDined on 11/8/2014A dinner to be remembered...........Thanks to everybody !Special Features:
- Lucky to get a last minute Harvest reservationIntheneighborhoodDined on 11/8/2014Everything was superb. Halibut dish on menu and pork loin special were fantastic. Ambiance was perfect - soft lighting and muted background noise. Great service - there when needed, but not at all rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poppysgirlDined on 11/8/2014The food is excellent and the service is without equal. We were a large group and they arranged a wonderful table for us on a very busy weekend night in Harvard Square. Excellent wait-service and great attention to detail. All smooth as silk, and a great place for a special event and to bring out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointALPTDined on 11/8/2014This was the third time my husband and i have eaten at Harvest. I had oysters and the charcuterie platter; he had beet salad and halibut. For desert we shared the artisanal cheese plate, which was particularly outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great gemMapdDined on 11/8/2014Wonderful use of seasonal ingredients. Highly recommend for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be going backTommyDined on 11/8/2014The service was impeccable, the food was delicious (and the chef was flexible as we asked for several variations), and we could hear each other speak. a real pleasure.Special Features:
- RediscoveredOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/7/2014I have been there before but I think I rediscovered it. I had very good Maine Halibut, very tasty, not just plain taste of ocean water. Before that soup was intersting, The appetizer was here and there not much interesting. Service was friendly and good. If they continue with this that will be good for the square for my experience with similar level places lately was going down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They phoned it inpbillDined on 11/5/2014Usually the service is impeccable - friendly and attentive and engaging - and the food is superb. Wish I could say the same of this visit. Service was perfectly adequate and courteous but perfunctory. My friend and I had the tasting menu and we both had the pasta with roast pork, which was so salty no other flavors could come through. The butternut squash soup was bland, unremarkable. (Don't chefs taste their food before they send it out?) The hummingbird cake was the only thing that rose to the standard of excellence I was expecting. At $44 a plate this was disappointing. A pity. I have reservations for Thanksgiving so maybe they will turn it around. I hope so. Ambiance amazing as always, wine did perfectly well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dining ExperienceMatthiasDined on 11/4/2014Nice restaurant with a small yet excellent choice of food and good service.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsCJPEatsDined on 11/4/2014I get to Boston once or twice per year and I always make a point of eating at Harvest. This was my 4th stop here and the food was, as always, amazing. This year it was the Half Banks to start and the duck. Our table shared the charcuterie as well and the pate was superb. We topped it off with a Kim Crawford SB and the Flowers Pinot.Special Features:
- good food and servicesiggiemomDined on 10/31/2014very enjoyable lunch experience - though I suggest getting there on the early side, as those who arrived around 1pm had a noisier, more frenetic experienceSpecial Features:
- One of the finest are restaurantsJakeDined on 10/30/2014Harvest might be a bit overpriced, but the food is wonderful. Service was great. It's a small place so make a reservation. There's a "front room" which has garish bright light - make sure you specify you don't want that area.Special Features:
- Laid back but elegantRichMDined on 10/28/2014We enjoy Harvest for its food, mixture of clients (academics and business types), and it's bustling but relaxed atmosphere. We always leave pleased with the experience.Special Features:
- nice to have three coursesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/26/2014Harvest's brunch was great for what we were seeking - a leisurely and delicious brunch that was not a buffet, in a pleasant, quiet atmosphere. Having three courses included in the price assures it will be a fairly leisurely meal. Although encouraged by the waiter, we opted not to order our desserts when we order the first two courses. This allowed a little more time and a pacing that worked better for us after the very ample portions of the main dishes. The choices range from classic to unusual, and all of the plates were beautiful to look at. An apple soup was velvety and yummy; mains were ample and reliable; great sorbet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemDavidVIPDined on 10/22/2014Harvest has been in Harvard Square for decades. I recall going there for lunch in the 1960s and enjoying the atmosphere as well as the food. When in Cambridge we enjoy the ambiance, professional service, and high quality of the cuisine. It is certainly among the best restaurants in the area. There is also an outdoor plaza for dining in the summer.Special Features:
- Harvest is specialharvestformeDined on 10/22/2014We took New York City guests there for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed the imaginative set of choices on the menu. I think three had the falafel sandwich special. I want to find an excuse to go there again soon.Special Features:
- BOUNTIFUL!NJoyDined on 10/19/2014Harvest Restaurant is at the top of my list of favorites! The menu is full of wonderful flavor combinations with a good raw food base-- the atmosphere is warm and romantic and the staff, extremely attentive! It was a perfect evening-- and do NOT pass on dessert as the chef is known for his sweet creations!Special Features:
- Harvest DelightRadcliffemomDined on 10/19/2014Offering a menu full of seasonal delights, we began with a selection from the raw bar. Everything was fresh and delicious. The halibut was perfectly cooked, the pork was delicious, and one of our guests commented that the pumpkin ravioli was like having dessert for dinner! We have never been disappointed at this restaurant.Special Features:
- wonderful eveningJackDined on 10/17/2014it was a cool evening in mid October but with the overhead heaters we were able to be outside which was what we wanted. We both had the different options on the tasting menu and thoroughly enjoyed both the food and the wine pairings. A great way to end a race day at the HDOC. I'll be back the next time I'm in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner for 2rowergirlDined on 10/17/2014My daughter and I dined together at Harvest during the Head of the Charles Regatta weekend. We've made it a tradition because of the wonderful food and atmosphere. Our meal on October 17th was absolutely wonderful. The weather was great, and we ate outside. Service was as always efficient and unobtrusive. Food was delicious, particularly the root vegetable accompaniments. I had Halibut, she had the pork loin. YAYSpecial Features:
- Fantastic evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/15/2014All 4 in our party thought the food was fantastic and would recommend to friends!Special Features:
- Elegant diningGalsGroupDined on 10/9/2014Our dinner group of five, who dine out together every few months, chose The Harvest in Harvard Square to celebrate the birthday of one of the members. It turned out to be the perfect choice for us. The place was busy but the noise remained subdued, allowing easy conversation-this is so rare in restaurants that we all remarked on it. The tables are not crowded -diners have plenty of room to navigate. The food was elegantly presented and absolutely delicious, with unusual combinations of taste and texture. You can savor each bite. A fire was roaring in the outdoor dining section, and all the diners inside enjoyed it as well through banks of windows. Wait staff were A+, observant, friendly. Dining here is expensive but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with a group from workCADKDined on 10/8/2014Beautiful Restaurant, Delicious Food, Wonderful Service. Took a coworker to celebrate her promotion, sat in a room with a cozy fireplace, everyone enjoyed themselves. Would be perfect for a date night. Outdoor patio is lovely.Special Features:
- They should get rid of that table!BunnythecarnivoreDined on 10/7/2014I'd put together a lunch for 7 women to celebrate our friend's 85th birthday, and all off us, aside from one person, was in our 80 s so when one of the women tipped over a glass, we joked about old age. The waitress then told us that there was a problem with the table and there was a deep crevice that went around the table that caused accidents It happened 3 more times. Perhaps it was hard to talk and pay attention to the table problem, but we didn't go there to "pay attention" to a poorly thought-out piece of furniture. We had a great time despite the embarrassment and distraction of the table problem. We'd hesitate to plan a lunch there again for this group. I'd never reserve for 7 or 8 of us again!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Fresh, delicious and creative cuisine! The fireplaces add that extra warmth as wellSpecial Features:
- Excellent DiningDebbifromBostonVIPDined on 10/4/2014Celebrated my birthday and had a delicious dinner. We were a party of four and everyone enjoyed their meal. Service and presentation were excellent. I had the duck and it was delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is that all there is?PugsRuleDined on 10/2/2014Quite nice, but I left feeling hungry. Not much food for the money. Ordered the agnolotti which arrived with just four little pieces of pasta and small handful of mushrooms. Tasty, but more a snack than an entree.Special Features:
- Really excellent foodGordieDined on 10/1/2014My wife and I grade restaurants. Had not been to Harvest for years. We were celebrating her 60th birthday. Moved Harvest up to our A list. Superb meal.Special Features:
- Very ComfortableWickDined on 9/30/2014We enjoyed our 'business' dinner as everything from reservation to check moved smoothly - unhurried but sure. The food was better than anticipated, the wine list interesting and varied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst meal at Harvest in 20 yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/28/2014I have been dining at Harvest for 20 years. The Sunday Brunch was horrible this week. The patio was glorious but the food - so disappointing and very expensive.Special Features:
- Reunion of friendsDutchtreatDined on 9/26/2014Service was excellent. We were with a large group and they met our every request and wish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Evening at HarvestBrandersonDined on 9/25/2014After anticipating a visit to Harvest for a long time, I finally made a trip to celebrate my birthday with some friends. Loved the setting of the restaurant and the ambience even if it was ever so slightly difficult to find. After much debating the members of my party and I elected to try the tasting menu. Prior to the appetizer course of the tasting menu we shared tuna crudo their charcuterie board. Tuna wasn't very impressive, minimalist in presentation which is fine but could have been a little bit more giving for the cost. Enjoyed the charcuterie board thoroughly especially the pate. However I would just have preferred the jam not on top of the pate. Tasting menu was outstanding. The beet soup and tortellini dish were very savory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-soPaul2Dined on 9/24/2014Although the service was excellent, the food quality has slipped here. Beans in fishtacos ? Fish so overcooked as to be hard to eat? Eggs Benedict with eggs barely warm. Crab toast was beautiful. They will always have a clientele because of location but their high Zagat rating for food needs to be revisited.Special Features:
- Harvest still shinesElizabethVIPDined on 9/23/2014We rarely get to the Harvest so it was good to know when we recently went that the same high quality of food and service is there. Not to say the restaurant is stagnant. The food has definitely progressed with the times. We both had the fig and arugula salad and then duck and chicken for entrees. Both were superb. As a breadie, also the bread served was great - there was an olive bread that was just the right -- not to heavy and with a hint of salt (I am a salty as well.) We would have stayed for dessert but needed to make a show opening at A.R.T. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Harvard Square RestaurantmikbergDined on 9/21/2014Restaurant is right in Harvard Square. Nice menu, good service, delicious food well prepared. Not inexpensive, but 15% discount for A.R.T. patrons. If you are coming for A.R.T., a nice addition to the day.Special Features: