44 Brattle Street (on the walkway)
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harvestcambridge.com/
- Phone: 6178682255
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mary Dumont
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harvest offers the Fireplace Room for Private Events for 20 to 30 people. Our Semi-Private Alcove area is available for parties of 15 to 25. Our Back Dining Room accomadates parties of 40 to 60. Please contact Chelsea at email@example.com for more details.
- Special Events: Every night we offer the $44 Brattle Street Menu; 3 Courses paired with wine that changes weekly. Our Business Lunch is offered Monday thru Saturday with 2 courses and $22 or 3 courses at $29. Each month join us for Harvest Reviews; A Special dinner of 4 Courses with Wine for $39. Please call Harvest for our special events reservations.
- Cross Street: On the walkway between Mt. Auburn and Brattle
- Public Transit: Red Line, Harvard Square T Stop
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet offered on Friday and Saturday evenings only. Partially validated parking at University Place Garage on University Avenue. Metered Street parking available.
A word from Harvest
Located in the heart of Harvard Square, Harvest celebrates the modern American table. Harvest presents inspired American cuisine showcasing the region's freshest ingredients and seasonal product. Serving Lunch, Dinner and Sunday Brunch as well as our Bar Menu in the lounge. Enjoy our seasonal outdoor Garden Terrace (Terrace is seated on a first come, first serve basis). Harvest offers Private Dining from 15 to 60 people. Sit Down lunches, dinners and receptions are just some of the Private Functions Harvest can provide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Harvest - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Harvest reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (159)great for outdoor dining (152)special occasion (131)neighborhood gem (97)romantic (85)notable wine list (70)great for lunch (47)good for groups (39)great for brunch (38)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- A neighborhood gemDavidVIPDined on 10/22/2014Harvest has been in Harvard Square for decades. I recall going there for lunch in the 1960s and enjoying the atmosphere as well as the food. When in Cambridge we enjoy the ambiance, professional service, and high quality of the cuisine. It is certainly among the best restaurants in the area. There is also an outdoor plaza for dining in the summer.Special Features:
- BOUNTIFUL!NJoyDined on 10/19/2014Harvest Restaurant is at the top of my list of favorites! The menu is full of wonderful flavor combinations with a good raw food base-- the atmosphere is warm and romantic and the staff, extremely attentive! It was a perfect evening-- and do NOT pass on dessert as the chef is known for his sweet creations!Special Features:
- Harvest DelightRadcliffemomDined on 10/19/2014Offering a menu full of seasonal delights, we began with a selection from the raw bar. Everything was fresh and delicious. The halibut was perfectly cooked, the pork was delicious, and one of our guests commented that the pumpkin ravioli was like having dessert for dinner! We have never been disappointed at this restaurant.Special Features:
- wonderful eveningJackDined on 10/17/2014it was a cool evening in mid October but with the overhead heaters we were able to be outside which was what we wanted. We both had the different options on the tasting menu and thoroughly enjoyed both the food and the wine pairings. A great way to end a race day at the HDOC. I'll be back the next time I'm in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner for 2rowergirlDined on 10/17/2014My daughter and I dined together at Harvest during the Head of the Charles Regatta weekend. We've made it a tradition because of the wonderful food and atmosphere. Our meal on October 17th was absolutely wonderful. The weather was great, and we ate outside. Service was as always efficient and unobtrusive. Food was delicious, particularly the root vegetable accompaniments. I had Halibut, she had the pork loin. YAYSpecial Features:
- Fantastic evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/15/2014All 4 in our party thought the food was fantastic and would recommend to friends!Special Features:
- Elegant diningGalsGroupDined on 10/9/2014Our dinner group of five, who dine out together every few months, chose The Harvest in Harvard Square to celebrate the birthday of one of the members. It turned out to be the perfect choice for us. The place was busy but the noise remained subdued, allowing easy conversation-this is so rare in restaurants that we all remarked on it. The tables are not crowded -diners have plenty of room to navigate. The food was elegantly presented and absolutely delicious, with unusual combinations of taste and texture. You can savor each bite. A fire was roaring in the outdoor dining section, and all the diners inside enjoyed it as well through banks of windows. Wait staff were A+, observant, friendly. Dining here is expensive but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They should get rid of that table!BunnythecarnivoreDined on 10/7/2014I'd put together a lunch for 7 women to celebrate our friend's 85th birthday, and all off us, aside from one person, was in our 80 s so when one of the women tipped over a glass, we joked about old age. The waitress then told us that there was a problem with the table and there was a deep crevice that went around the table that caused accidents It happened 3 more times. Perhaps it was hard to talk and pay attention to the table problem, but we didn't go there to "pay attention" to a poorly thought-out piece of furniture. We had a great time despite the embarrassment and distraction of the table problem. We'd hesitate to plan a lunch there again for this group. I'd never reserve for 7 or 8 of us again!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Fresh, delicious and creative cuisine! The fireplaces add that extra warmth as wellSpecial Features:
- Excellent DiningDebbifromBostonVIPDined on 10/4/2014Celebrated my birthday and had a delicious dinner. We were a party of four and everyone enjoyed their meal. Service and presentation were excellent. I had the duck and it was delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is that all there is?PugsRuleDined on 10/2/2014Quite nice, but I left feeling hungry. Not much food for the money. Ordered the agnolotti which arrived with just four little pieces of pasta and small handful of mushrooms. Tasty, but more a snack than an entree.Special Features:
- Really excellent foodGordieDined on 10/1/2014My wife and I grade restaurants. Had not been to Harvest for years. We were celebrating her 60th birthday. Moved Harvest up to our A list. Superb meal.Special Features:
- Very ComfortableWickDined on 9/30/2014We enjoyed our 'business' dinner as everything from reservation to check moved smoothly - unhurried but sure. The food was better than anticipated, the wine list interesting and varied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst meal at Harvest in 20 yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/28/2014I have been dining at Harvest for 20 years. The Sunday Brunch was horrible this week. The patio was glorious but the food - so disappointing and very expensive.Special Features:
- Reunion of friendsDutchtreatDined on 9/26/2014Service was excellent. We were with a large group and they met our every request and wish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Evening at HarvestBrandersonDined on 9/25/2014After anticipating a visit to Harvest for a long time, I finally made a trip to celebrate my birthday with some friends. Loved the setting of the restaurant and the ambience even if it was ever so slightly difficult to find. After much debating the members of my party and I elected to try the tasting menu. Prior to the appetizer course of the tasting menu we shared tuna crudo their charcuterie board. Tuna wasn't very impressive, minimalist in presentation which is fine but could have been a little bit more giving for the cost. Enjoyed the charcuterie board thoroughly especially the pate. However I would just have preferred the jam not on top of the pate. Tasting menu was outstanding. The beet soup and tortellini dish were very savory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-soPaul2Dined on 9/24/2014Although the service was excellent, the food quality has slipped here. Beans in fishtacos ? Fish so overcooked as to be hard to eat? Eggs Benedict with eggs barely warm. Crab toast was beautiful. They will always have a clientele because of location but their high Zagat rating for food needs to be revisited.Special Features:
- Harvest still shinesElizabethVIPDined on 9/23/2014We rarely get to the Harvest so it was good to know when we recently went that the same high quality of food and service is there. Not to say the restaurant is stagnant. The food has definitely progressed with the times. We both had the fig and arugula salad and then duck and chicken for entrees. Both were superb. As a breadie, also the bread served was great - there was an olive bread that was just the right -- not to heavy and with a hint of salt (I am a salty as well.) We would have stayed for dessert but needed to make a show opening at A.R.T. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Harvard Square RestaurantmikbergDined on 9/21/2014Restaurant is right in Harvard Square. Nice menu, good service, delicious food well prepared. Not inexpensive, but 15% discount for A.R.T. patrons. If you are coming for A.R.T., a nice addition to the day.Special Features:
- AmazingGregVIPDined on 9/21/2014I loved every aspect of my dining experience at Harvest. The Sunday brunch service was spectacular from start to finish - the service, the food quality, the atmosphere, the drinks - nothing could have made my birthday any better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B- experienceOthylDined on 9/20/2014Gave this establishment yet another chance at changing my opinion regarding its cuisine. The restaurant is good meeting point for people with interest in staying around Harvard. It has excellent waiting staff and a notable wine list. This does not change that the food is Harvest is very disappointing. If you must go, stay away from the rotisserie.Special Features:
- wowsinanVIPDined on 9/20/2014I love restaurants like this. Great food, great service, great ambiance, it is impossible not to have a good time.Special Features:
- WorldTravelerDined on 9/20/2014A perfect evening outside on the patio. The ambiance and service were great. We had the tasting menu and everything was delicious--though not sure we needed that last glass of wine!Special Features:
- Nice setting for brunch/lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014We ate outside on a Saturday at lunch time. Beautiful setting, just OK service as we did not see our waiter often and it took a while to get the check. Food was pretty good. One diner got the chicken and another got fish tacos -- both enjoyed their meals. Two of us ordered medium-rare hamburgers which were both over cooked, though the fries were good.Special Features:
- ExcellentGut5130Dined on 9/18/2014Excellent Wine List, and very great service. Food was also on par with the top tier restaraunts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor DiningKathyGDined on 9/18/2014Good food, though small portions, which is fine with me (light eater), but suggest they drop the price a tad. Service was very good - we were engaged in conversation and no one interrupted us to ask how are dinner was - thank you! Out door seating is a delight and since we were on the perimeter could hear each other. Thanks Harvest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice /DanielDined on 9/17/2014Been there with 12 people that all loved the quality of the food and its neat presentations !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still amazing after all these yearsmacklDined on 9/12/2014Harvest stays fresh and fabulous with informed caring professional service, enough room, a lovely patio for al fresco, and beautiful, locavorish presentations. The menu choices are balanced and varied, highly interesting, creative but always on key. Marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible and not worth the money!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014We had gone years ago and we could not have been more disappointed! It was loud, the service was horrible and the food portions were ridiculously small! The prices are do not warrant the experience. If I were you, I would pass on this one!!!Special Features:
- a disappointmenthungryscholarDined on 9/9/2014Very very slow service. Food expensive and of mediocre quality. Will not go again.Special Features:
- overall + experiencemikioddyDined on 9/9/2014our waiter missed part of our order, but quickly recovered. The food was excellent, especially the Ceviche and the smoked ricotta ravioli. Every dish was beautifully presented and very interesting flavor combos. dining in the outdoor courtyard was perfectly charming, and the background noise level was reasonable. Desserts did not look interesting enough to try. I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineDE1VIPDined on 9/7/2014Great restaurant in Cambridge! Did Sunday dining a the bar and got great service...but there is something to table side. Outdoor seating looks great while the weather cooperates! Had pan roasted halibut that was excellent! Will return next time in Boston!Special Features:
- Cambridge ClassicFrannyVIPDined on 9/7/2014What could be better than dinner outside on a summer night in a Ben Thompson designed garden. Great raw bar and ceviche.Special Features:
- Service not up to usual excellenceFrankVIPDined on 9/6/2014As always the food was outstanding. There were six of us ordering several different entree's and everyone was impressed with the inventiveness and quality of their choice. Unfortunately the service, while adequate, was not up to what we usually experience at Harvest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentkgeiseDined on 9/6/2014The food was good - the burrata appetizer was plain mozzarella cheese, not buratta (and two VERY small slices of it at that) If I'm shelling out $16, I'd better get some buratta, or at least a healthy portion of mozzarella. Love the farm to table concept, but Harvest was way overpriced for what they offer.Special Features:
- tonyVIPDined on 9/6/2014small portions and large prices, but the food is creativeSpecial Features:
- great neighbourhood findCanadianDined on 9/6/2014The night was stormy but inside was cozy. I chose multiple appetizers and they were creative and tasty. The deserts were wonderful. It was not noisy and that is becoming increasingly hard to find. Service was friendly and they paid attention to our need to be at the theater after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SheckySheckyDined on 9/5/2014Classic, timeless restaurant. Had dinner there 9/5/14 - party of six. Food was delicious, service impeccable, atmosphere pleasant and quiet, even though the place was full. Wonderful dining experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchgracieDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful way to start a Sunday in Cambridge. Lovely setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingArthurPendragonDined on 8/30/2014Harvest was not what I had expected. It is expensive and serves small unappetizing entrees.