Harvest at Pheasant Run Resort
4051 East Main Street
St. Charles, IL 60174Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Harvest at Pheasant Run Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pheasantrun.com/dining
- Phone: 6305245080
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday : 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Closed Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Josef Yurisich
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Harvest Restaurant offers private group dining events for 20 to 50 guests. Special menus apply.
- Private Party Contact: Maggie Cross 6305846300x7628
A word from Harvest at Pheasant Run Resort
Located in Pheasant Run Resort’s Historic Dairy Barn, Harvest provides a unique venue for memorable dining. The furnishings of Harvest have been designed to create an atmosphere of warmth and comfort. Fitting to this unique venue, Harvest combines the best Midwest ingredients with innovative cuisine. We specialize in seasonal dishes inspired by a farm to fork theme. We offer the finest grade of aged Midwest beef and market fresh seafood selections. Our bread is baked fresh daily and our wine list includes outstanding selections from Napa and Sonoma as well as selections from renowned wineries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harvest at Pheasant Run Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (16)romantic (14)fit for foodies (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (5)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Dining & Dancing ...... 5 Stars +luvNitelifeVIPDined on 8/30/2014Whatever the special occasion or just a nice dinner for two.......this is the place. The restaurant itself is simply wonderful. The hostess, Michelle and our favorite waitress, Nichole always make our evening dining (5 Stars +). Tonight we dined on prime rib for the first time....it was simply the best. Of course, if you decided to make it a weekend .... the golf course is a real treasure....we love playing 18 holes. Late night....go over to Jambalaya for dancing to DJ or on occasion live music. The resort has much to offer......theatre, comedy club, shops, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at HarvestgreatpreshowmealDined on 8/23/2014Cozy setting in the booths. Waitresses are very friendly and helpful. Food is delicious.Special Features:
- The Harvest was closed!VisitorFromChicagoDined on 8/17/2014I'm not sure how they did this, but they managed to allow me to make reservation on a day they were closed. According to the Pheasant Run, they don't keep consistent hours during the summer, it depends on how booked the hotel is whether they open the restaurant. Great info to know AFTER I booked the reservation and arrive at a closed restaurant!
- Star WaitressTamboDined on 8/9/2014The food was good, and the presentation was nice! Our waitress was always on top of everything! I requested that the waitress say something to my sister in law because it was their 50th anniversary and she greeted us at the table with that message! I will return.Also, our waitress even gave one of the desserts on the house for our celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge portions but old styleHungryCoupleDined on 8/8/2014The food needs to be updated a bit. Texture of our bisque was odd. The main entree meat was delicious, but the side pairings were off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Wasn't Open!!BolligDined on 8/7/2014I wish I could review this restaurant, but after taking my reservation via OpenTable, it ended up not being open that day! And not due to an emergency closure, it appears to just not be open on Thursdays. This is not what it says on their website, and wasn't what I was told by the Pheasant Run representative when I called because the doors were still locked when we got there (a bit early). This was a complete disappointment as it was my aunt's birthday and we were seeing a show at the comedy club next door that same night. Because we didn't realize until so late what had happened, we couldn't leave the resort for dinner and had to eat at the only restaurant open at the resort. It was good, but not exactly what we were looking for.
- Beautiful but pricey for qualityTastingTravelerDined on 8/3/2014I thought that the atmosphere was sophisticated and classy. The food was good - not great, but good. If you decide to dine there I'd recommend the beet salad and the baked Brie. The tuna I had was cooked well but overran with spices and sauces. It was like having barbecued ahi tuna. Risotto was good but had been prepped for awhile - so it tasted a little warmed over. Overall I'd say it's a decent experience. The prices are well on the high side - so be prepared.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth out time..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014The food was waaaay overpriced. Not many things to choose from. The hostess was super rude. I ate my soup and the bread they served. My steak tasted old. The rest of the food wasn't worth eating either. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Highly recommend!LarryDined on 7/25/2014From the greeting at the door and inquiry as to our time frame needs, the staff was superb! As a 4 yr anniversary dinner i could not have been more pleased. The Salmon and Filet of Beef were done perfectly and the portions were larger than I expected. At no time did I feel rushed and the waiter was charming and polite. Next time I am in the area, I will definitely eat here.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant.TwigstickDined on 7/19/2014Pheasant Run is a great spot to spend an evening - have wonderful food, take in a show, and evening spend the night if those two required drinks at the Comedy Club are too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD AND SERVICESTCRealtorDined on 6/20/2014We often eat at Harvest when we take in a play at the Fox Valley Rep. It's a quiet restaurant with very good food. The citrus/miso salmon was very nicely prepared and presented. My husband had the shrimp special in an asiago broth and said it was also very good. Service was attentive, but not intrusive. Good wine list and ambiance. We are repeat customers and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing AnniversaryNWburbsDined on 5/30/2014Went here for an anniversary dinner, and it was an amazing experience. Called ahead to have the bottle of wine on ice, and they were very knowledgeable of the menu, and what wines would go well with our tastes. Completely made her night to have a bottle chilled for us on our arrival! Food was amazing, the lobster and shrimp bisque was unbelievable, and they even gave us a dessert on the house for our special evening! Definitely would come back again as this night out was one to remember.Special Features:
- Five star +luvNitelifeVIPDined on 5/23/2014Pheasant Run is a resort. The Harvest is a wonderful dining restaurant in the resort featuring excellent food options from appetizers right through the delicious main course options. Tonight we dined on the Beet Salad and the Salmon which were excellently prepared. Many of the staff have been working at the "Harvest" for well over 25 yrs. They are the best and we tell them so each time we come in. We love dining here....try it....I'm willing to bet you'll love it also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No hesitationsYummyDined on 5/17/2014The food here was fantastic, the portions were more than generous, and I simply have nothing to complain about. Everything was truly just perfect. Have been here before, and will be coming back again.Special Features:
- Great for a CelebrationPatLinDined on 5/17/2014My sister and I celebrated our birthdays at the Harvest. The food was mouthwatering. First, we had the beet salad, which the restaurant thoughtfully split in two, so we both could enjoy it. We had the prime rib, and the ravioli w/sea scallops. The prime rib was cooked to perfection, and melted in your mouth. The ravioli and sea scallops were luscious and flavorful. For dessert our waiter brought dessert for our birthdays, and with coffee was a perfect ending to our meal. We will definitely be back the the Harvest and not just for a special occasion!Special Features:
- The following 252 reviews are from the Harvest at Pheasant Run Resort reviews archive.
- ehh -nothing specialfinny47Dined on 4/20/2014Was there for Easter brunch. Extrememly limited menu and they were even out of those items. One server was basically handling all the tables. Won't be repeating this experience.
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014We were very disappointed with the service, took forever to get our food and it was also very expensive. tWe would have preferred to eat at the other restaraunt in Pheasant run. We would not recommend this place.
- Parking was horribledugdDined on 3/1/2014No spots available to self park. Waited 10 minutes for valet parking. Had to walk to the car to leave. Valet brushed off car and put snow brush on passenger seat when he started the car and it was covered with snow that we had to brush off before my wife could sit down. The beginning and end seat the mood for a bad evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening of dining.luvNitelifeVIPDined on 2/28/2014Wonderful evening of dining. In addition to the restaurant itself (great food and service) the resort has so much going on. After dinner Jambalaya Bar is a lot of fun (DJ and live band on occasion) for dancing or just one more cocktail. Highly recommend the resort for fine dining at the Harvest Rest. and a night out of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality of foodsusanDined on 2/22/2014Harvest Restaurant food quality was fair to poor. I ordered Halibut When it came it really smelled fishy. Our wonderful server, Jeanette, readily took it back & brought me prime rib. It smelled delicious but was not chewable. The next night, I ordered pasta, which was edible but not special. Also, the Caesar salad dressing had barely any taste. Maybe new recipies or a new chef!!!! The rooms in the tower were clean & comfortable but the maid didn't replace towels or make the bed nicely or replace used coffee including not cleaning the pot after use. We won't be back :(
- Great PickJAM2001Dined on 2/22/2014This was my first visit to the Harvest. We were celebrating a Birthday. Very pleased, no complaints, food was great, beautiful presentation and flavor service was very good. Server was friendly and polite. Do not recommend for children, An adult hot spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and inviting dining area.tasteeoneDined on 2/15/2014Warm and inviting dining area. Tables nicely spaced. Waitress was friendly and knowledgeable. She helped us out knowing we were going next door to the comedy show. Food was hot and tasty. Would recommend for an intimate dinner. Decent wine selections. Good for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Food & Service were GREAT!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Long time kitchen and serving staff make this a solid hit time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service started out greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/1/2014The service started out great but due to a 25 private party that ordered off the menu we had a forty min wait for our dinner from soup. To meal. We had to say we need to cancel as we had tickets to a musical. Need less to say we have to rush eating. Took off 2 drinks for our wait. My husband asked if he coukd switch out the potatoes for mushroom risotto said no problem. Well it was unbelievable what they served him. It was not mushroom risotto. This was to be a birthday celebration no time as would be late for the musical. We don't get out often as we have a special needs son. 2 drinks on the house that we really didn't want isn't compensation. Disappointing. Manager was aware.Special Features:
- dont waste your time bc they willyoungbutnotdumbDined on 1/18/2014The service at this establishment was horrific. We are a young couple but usually always tip well even if the service is mediocre. Server only came by to give us our food. Never checked backed, never asked if we needed anything else. Just rude. Food was ok but portions seem under par. Will not go back nor will I recommend to anyone staying or around Phesant Run.
- Not what expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014This place was definitely not what we expected. We were out for a romantic evening with good food, good wine and great company. Upon arriving we were one of 5 tables of people. Found this very odd for a Saturday night. The atmosphere made for a very uncomfortable evening between me and my date. For the amount we paid for our dinner we were less than satisfied. Needless to say we will not be going back.
- We had an early reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/20/2013We had an early reservation time so we were seated immediately. Our server, Nicole, was very attentive, informed us about the specials for that night, and asked us if we had any questions about the selections. As we had tickets for the play, Nicole paced our drinks, salad, and entrees so we could enjoy our dinner and have time to pick up our tickets and get to the theater without rushing. My husband's steak was "grilled to perfection"--no pink and not burned to a crisp! I chose the mahi, salmon and shrimp special. It was delicious. I enjoyed every different taste the chef chose to complement each fish. Thoroughly enjoyable time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewgrazerDined on 10/18/2013The dining experience was great. We had very tasty food and a very attentive wait staff. I especially enjoyed the beet salad and glazed salmon with stir fry vegetables. It was a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serverhomecomingcoupleDined on 9/28/2013Gail if i don't remember wrong, did nothing less than amazing, that sums it all up she took care of everything real well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Resort - A FavoriteluvNitelifeVIPDined on 8/10/2013Always excellent.....one of our favorites. Wonderful food, service, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningluvNitelifeVIPDined on 7/27/2013Pheasant Run Resort has something for everyone. Living locally we love dining at the Harvest Restaurant .... we've been dining here for over 40 yrs. Many changes have taken place at the resort, but the food has always been excellent and all the updating to the resort has made it more beautiful and accommodating to all ages.Special Features:
- 1, 2, 3.......... Surprise!!MsWolfDined on 7/27/2013What a find! Nothing more enjoyable than a quiet dinner. The food and service was outstanding!! I had the prime rib and it was even better than I'd expected. I can't over-state the professionalism of the wait staff & hostess. Thank you for providing excellent adult restaurant experience. We will be back.......oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceDLSwannerDined on 7/13/2013Same as title, cannot say more. The place is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Anniversary DinnerKeithDined on 6/29/2013Very good experience. Food was very good and large portions. Scallops appetizer and Salmon entree were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PotentialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2013Our server was excellent and the food was ok but would not go here to taste the subtlties of the seasonal harvest.Special Features:
- DeliciousRaymondDined on 6/22/2013We really enjoyed everything, the food was exceptional and the service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful PleasuresCBWRDined on 6/20/2013Met another couple and picked Harvest at Pheasant Run because it was halfway for both couples. Food selection is ample, although not especially creative. Meat dishes a bit overcooked; fish dish was good.. Service was very good and no difficulty carrying on a conversation. Because, here's the thing: we were the only four customers from 6:30 to 8:00 on a Thursday night. Yes, food is a bit overpriced; and Harvest is inside a hotel/resort/convention facility. But something is wrong with the way this restaurant is being marketed. The food is good enough to please many more people than are showing up. It's unfortunate and one must wonder how long Harvest can survive without patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not typical "resort" fooddiner2Dined on 6/16/2013Was pleasantly surprised. Haven't been here in years. My wife took me for Father's Day. Nice menu choices. Food was very good with generous portions. The steak tar tar was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pat's Birthdayborn2eatDined on 6/15/2013We won a raffle and had 2 gift certificates to the Harvest. We used the certificates to celebrate a friends birthday, which was mentioned to the server at the beginning of our dinner. We had an amazing appetizer of brie cheese and arugala. The french onion soup was excellent with a rich beefy broth and plenty of gooey cheese on top - delish!!! If your favorites are beef - mushrooms-asparagus, then you hit the mark with the Wild Mushroom Crusted Twin Petite Filets with seared spinach risotto, roasted asparagus. The dish was excellent, my friend had to stop me from licking the plate clean!!! A very nice wine selection - not too pricey, and not overwhelming. I was surprised that we were charged for the birthday dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gteat date placetinkgalDined on 6/9/2013The food is outstsnding. You can have a nice romantic booth. Great for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.