Harvest at Pheasant Run Resort
4051 East Main Street
St. Charles, IL 60174Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Harvest at Pheasant Run Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pheasantrun.com/dining
- Phone: (630) 524-5080
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday : 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Closed Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Josef Yurisich
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Harvest Restaurant offers private group dining events for 20 to 50 guests. Special menus apply.
- Private Party Contact: Maggie Cross 6305846300x7628
A word from Harvest at Pheasant Run Resort
Located in Pheasant Run Resort’s Historic Dairy Barn, Harvest provides a unique venue for memorable dining. The furnishings of Harvest have been designed to create an atmosphere of warmth and comfort. Fitting to this unique venue, Harvest combines the best Midwest ingredients with innovative cuisine. We specialize in seasonal dishes inspired by a farm to fork theme. We offer the finest grade of aged Midwest beef and market fresh seafood selections. Our bread is baked fresh daily and our wine list includes outstanding selections from Napa and Sonoma as well as selections from renowned wineries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Harvest at Pheasant Run Resort - Best Restaurants in St. Charles ›
Harvest at Pheasant Run Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)romantic (17)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (6)fit for foodies (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- SLOOOOW ServiceMikeVIPDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I have been to the Harvest because of its convenience as we are season ticket holders for the theater. Unfortunately, the speed of service is dependent on who you get as a server. While Dre was very nice, he always seemed hurried and would disappear for 5-10 mins at a time. It was interesting to see that the servers tables were scattered instead of being in one area to make it easier for them to take care of the customers. Fortunately, I made 6:00 reservations for an 8:00 show as it took over 40 mins for our food to be delivered to our table (other people who came in after us were served and left before we got our food). If you think you're going to stop in for a quick meal before the show, you'll need to consider somewhere else On a positive note, the food was excellent, well prepared and presented and was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to brag aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014We had the restaurant to ourselves, other than 1-2 other tables the place was empty. We dined as a couple and both had the prime rib with double-baked potato. The prime rib was covered in a brown sauce, that did not add any unique flavor to the meat itself. The double-baked potato was small and dried out, nothing to brag about. We started with a caesar salad for 2 and it came with 2 bruschetta breads and toppings also with sardine stuffed olives, a little salty, but expected with both green olives and sardines. We skipped dessert as dinner was less than impressive.
- Could have been very very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great place, good food but get there really early if you plan to eat Food was great but we missed the first 10 minutes of the Concert due to how long my food took. Went there because we had Concert Tickets for an 8 o'clock show there. We were seated by 6:40 with Reservations. I ordered Oyster's Rockefeller as my appetizer and they took almost 20 mins. The waiter kept us updated, explained it was taking long etc., etc. I also ordered the bone in Veal Milanese which again took forever. The Waiter again kept us updated, explained, after I had ordered it, that it takes a long time etc. etc. The problem is that we had told him we had Tickets for the 8 PM show.Why he did not warn me of this in the first place of cooking times is my problem.Special Features:
- Oldie but GoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014We have never eaten here before but were surprised of the high food quality! Everything was outstanding, delicious, and could've been shared. We ordered two appetizers and two dinners and that was enough for at least four people! The wine selection are OK but quite pricey as I paid the store bottle price for a single glass of wine. The service wasreally very slow but it is the fault of their "system." They apparently schedule just about every table for 6 PM so you could make it to their 8 PM performances and this really swamped the dining room. Otherwise, the place is fairly dated. New owners took over in January and will likely have to sink some remodeling money in but it is all just cosmetic. Tremendous value!
- luvNitelifeVIPDined on 10/24/2014Beautiful resort with a (5 star+) rating. This is one of our favorites....food is excellent...love the beet salad and everything else we've tried over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ELEGANT BIRTHDAY DINNER AT HARVESTLuv2dineDined on 10/18/2014We took our best friends out for dinner Saturday evening and had the most wonderful experience in your restaurant!! Our Server Jeanette was very friendly and knowledgeable and went out of her way to make sure our evening was enjoyed by all. The food was FANTASTIC!! The steak was cooked to perfection. We would recommend your establishment to anyone and will visit again soon!! Thank you for a wonderful evening with our friends!!Special Features:
- mehwright5Dined on 10/11/2014it was nice...nothing extraordinary, but nice. Food was very good...again, nothing extraordinary, but very good. Prices were not terribly high, gratefully. Out meal was close to $100 for two people - each of us had a salad and 1 adult beverage. They kindly comp'd us a dessert as we were celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dinner Spot!shadowjackDined on 10/11/2014Harvest is an outstanding restaurant, I can't recommend it highly enough. The food was fantastic, and after 25 years of cooking and trying over 3,000 recipes, I can honestly say the food at harvest is some of the best I have ever had the joy and honor of eating. The staff were fantastic and helpful. For a very special occasion or just a night out I would encourage you to experience Harvest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was average at best.TonySDined on 10/4/2014Overpriced food which I could live with if it was at least a good quality. The prime rib was not prime at all (I've had better cuts at Chiles). Very outdated restaurant as is the hotel here, not sure how this place stays in business.
- Good food and very good serviceanniversary43dinDined on 10/4/2014Dinner prices on the high side for portions. Bread was great!Special Features:
- Pleasant dining experiencefoodieDined on 9/20/2014We dined at Harvest for the second time last weekend. The service is phenomenal. The food is delicious. Would recommend this restaurant for a great evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencelovetoeatDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary. We were treated very nicely, seated right away even though we were 15 min. late for our reservation. Our server Nicole is very friendly, knowledgeable and knows what she's doing. The food is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Won't Be Disappointed!luvNitelifeVIPDined on 9/19/2014Pheasant Run Resort has something for everyone.....but, dining at the HARVEST REST. is always special. This has become one of our regular fine dining restaurants, and the Jambalaya Lounge at 10 p.m. is great for dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodAwesomeEatsDined on 9/19/2014Two of our party of four had the filet mignon and both said it was delicious! Another had the stuffed salmon and said it was the Best Salmon he ever had. I enjoyed the Ahi Tuna very much! Nice "roomy" booths with High Backs gives you an excellent amount of privacy. We'll definitely be going back again!Special Features:
- Dining & Dancing ...... 5 Stars +luvNitelifeVIPDined on 8/30/2014Whatever the special occasion or just a nice dinner for two.......this is the place. The restaurant itself is simply wonderful. The hostess, Michelle and our favorite waitress, Nichole always make our evening dining (5 Stars +). Tonight we dined on prime rib for the first time....it was simply the best. Of course, if you decided to make it a weekend .... the golf course is a real treasure....we love playing 18 holes. Late night....go over to Jambalaya for dancing to DJ or on occasion live music. The resort has much to offer......theatre, comedy club, shops, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and consistentMikeVIPDined on 8/30/2014We usually eat here before the going to the Pheasant Run Theater and typically have good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at HarvestgreatpreshowmealDined on 8/23/2014Cozy setting in the booths. Waitresses are very friendly and helpful. Food is delicious.Special Features:
- The Harvest was closed!VisitorFromChicagoDined on 8/17/2014I'm not sure how they did this, but they managed to allow me to make reservation on a day they were closed. According to the Pheasant Run, they don't keep consistent hours during the summer, it depends on how booked the hotel is whether they open the restaurant. Great info to know AFTER I booked the reservation and arrive at a closed restaurant!
- Star WaitressTamboDined on 8/9/2014The food was good, and the presentation was nice! Our waitress was always on top of everything! I requested that the waitress say something to my sister in law because it was their 50th anniversary and she greeted us at the table with that message! I will return.Also, our waitress even gave one of the desserts on the house for our celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge portions but old styleHungryCoupleVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food needs to be updated a bit. Texture of our bisque was odd. The main entree meat was delicious, but the side pairings were off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Wasn't Open!!BolligDined on 8/7/2014I wish I could review this restaurant, but after taking my reservation via OpenTable, it ended up not being open that day! And not due to an emergency closure, it appears to just not be open on Thursdays. This is not what it says on their website, and wasn't what I was told by the Pheasant Run representative when I called because the doors were still locked when we got there (a bit early). This was a complete disappointment as it was my aunt's birthday and we were seeing a show at the comedy club next door that same night. Because we didn't realize until so late what had happened, we couldn't leave the resort for dinner and had to eat at the only restaurant open at the resort. It was good, but not exactly what we were looking for.
- Beautiful but pricey for qualityTastingTravelerDined on 8/3/2014I thought that the atmosphere was sophisticated and classy. The food was good - not great, but good. If you decide to dine there I'd recommend the beet salad and the baked Brie. The tuna I had was cooked well but overran with spices and sauces. It was like having barbecued ahi tuna. Risotto was good but had been prepped for awhile - so it tasted a little warmed over. Overall I'd say it's a decent experience. The prices are well on the high side - so be prepared.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth out time..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014The food was waaaay overpriced. Not many things to choose from. The hostess was super rude. I ate my soup and the bread they served. My steak tasted old. The rest of the food wasn't worth eating either. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- The following 260 reviews are from the Harvest at Pheasant Run Resort reviews archive.
- Highly recommend!LarryDined on 7/25/2014From the greeting at the door and inquiry as to our time frame needs, the staff was superb! As a 4 yr anniversary dinner i could not have been more pleased. The Salmon and Filet of Beef were done perfectly and the portions were larger than I expected. At no time did I feel rushed and the waiter was charming and polite. Next time I am in the area, I will definitely eat here.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant.TwigstickDined on 7/19/2014Pheasant Run is a great spot to spend an evening - have wonderful food, take in a show, and evening spend the night if those two required drinks at the Comedy Club are too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD AND SERVICESTCRealtorDined on 6/20/2014We often eat at Harvest when we take in a play at the Fox Valley Rep. It's a quiet restaurant with very good food. The citrus/miso salmon was very nicely prepared and presented. My husband had the shrimp special in an asiago broth and said it was also very good. Service was attentive, but not intrusive. Good wine list and ambiance. We are repeat customers and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing AnniversaryNWburbsDined on 5/30/2014Went here for an anniversary dinner, and it was an amazing experience. Called ahead to have the bottle of wine on ice, and they were very knowledgeable of the menu, and what wines would go well with our tastes. Completely made her night to have a bottle chilled for us on our arrival! Food was amazing, the lobster and shrimp bisque was unbelievable, and they even gave us a dessert on the house for our special evening! Definitely would come back again as this night out was one to remember.Special Features:
- Five star +luvNitelifeVIPDined on 5/23/2014Pheasant Run is a resort. The Harvest is a wonderful dining restaurant in the resort featuring excellent food options from appetizers right through the delicious main course options. Tonight we dined on the Beet Salad and the Salmon which were excellently prepared. Many of the staff have been working at the "Harvest" for well over 25 yrs. They are the best and we tell them so each time we come in. We love dining here....try it....I'm willing to bet you'll love it also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No hesitationsYummyDined on 5/17/2014The food here was fantastic, the portions were more than generous, and I simply have nothing to complain about. Everything was truly just perfect. Have been here before, and will be coming back again.Special Features:
- Great for a CelebrationPatLinDined on 5/17/2014My sister and I celebrated our birthdays at the Harvest. The food was mouthwatering. First, we had the beet salad, which the restaurant thoughtfully split in two, so we both could enjoy it. We had the prime rib, and the ravioli w/sea scallops. The prime rib was cooked to perfection, and melted in your mouth. The ravioli and sea scallops were luscious and flavorful. For dessert our waiter brought dessert for our birthdays, and with coffee was a perfect ending to our meal. We will definitely be back the the Harvest and not just for a special occasion!Special Features:
- ehh -nothing specialfinny47Dined on 4/20/2014Was there for Easter brunch. Extrememly limited menu and they were even out of those items. One server was basically handling all the tables. Won't be repeating this experience.
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014We were very disappointed with the service, took forever to get our food and it was also very expensive. tWe would have preferred to eat at the other restaraunt in Pheasant run. We would not recommend this place.
- Parking was horribledugdDined on 3/1/2014No spots available to self park. Waited 10 minutes for valet parking. Had to walk to the car to leave. Valet brushed off car and put snow brush on passenger seat when he started the car and it was covered with snow that we had to brush off before my wife could sit down. The beginning and end seat the mood for a bad evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- longtimeopentabledinerlongtimeopentabledinerDined on 3/1/2014Don't go and waster your money. Any good part was the martini
- Wonderful evening of dining.luvNitelifeVIPDined on 2/28/2014Wonderful evening of dining. In addition to the restaurant itself (great food and service) the resort has so much going on. After dinner Jambalaya Bar is a lot of fun (DJ and live band on occasion) for dancing or just one more cocktail. Highly recommend the resort for fine dining at the Harvest Rest. and a night out of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality of foodsusanDined on 2/22/2014Harvest Restaurant food quality was fair to poor. I ordered Halibut When it came it really smelled fishy. Our wonderful server, Jeanette, readily took it back & brought me prime rib. It smelled delicious but was not chewable. The next night, I ordered pasta, which was edible but not special. Also, the Caesar salad dressing had barely any taste. Maybe new recipies or a new chef!!!! The rooms in the tower were clean & comfortable but the maid didn't replace towels or make the bed nicely or replace used coffee including not cleaning the pot after use. We won't be back :(
- Great PickJAM2001Dined on 2/22/2014This was my first visit to the Harvest. We were celebrating a Birthday. Very pleased, no complaints, food was great, beautiful presentation and flavor service was very good. Server was friendly and polite. Do not recommend for children, An adult hot spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and inviting dining area.tasteeoneDined on 2/15/2014Warm and inviting dining area. Tables nicely spaced. Waitress was friendly and knowledgeable. She helped us out knowing we were going next door to the comedy show. Food was hot and tasty. Would recommend for an intimate dinner. Decent wine selections. Good for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Food & Service were GREAT!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Long time kitchen and serving staff make this a solid hit time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service started out greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/1/2014The service started out great but due to a 25 private party that ordered off the menu we had a forty min wait for our dinner from soup. To meal. We had to say we need to cancel as we had tickets to a musical. Need less to say we have to rush eating. Took off 2 drinks for our wait. My husband asked if he coukd switch out the potatoes for mushroom risotto said no problem. Well it was unbelievable what they served him. It was not mushroom risotto. This was to be a birthday celebration no time as would be late for the musical. We don't get out often as we have a special needs son. 2 drinks on the house that we really didn't want isn't compensation. Disappointing. Manager was aware.Special Features: