Haru Sushi - Boston
55 Huntington Ave
Boston, MA 02199Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Haru Sushi - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harusushi.com/
- Phone: 6175360770x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday & Monday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Alex Aratake
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer full catering and events services for both social and corporate entertaining. For more information, contact Craig: firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-596-0603.
- Private Party Facilities: Beautiful private dining room with flatscreen TV. Events@harusushi.com to inquire.
- Private Party Contact: Craig Saslow 646-596-0603x
A word from Haru Sushi - Boston
There’s never a dull moment at Haru if you love food, fun, and atmosphere. In a stylish and vibrant setting, Haru Sushi Bar/Restaurant/Bar serves freshly prepared Japanese dishes with a focus of making the customer feel special. Haru’s menu is based on quality, creativity, and generous portions of sushi and sashimi. While the fare is very important to Haru’s customer, this is not their only reason for dining here. Many return frequently simply because they enjoy the whole experience Haru provides. It’s no wonder they say, “it’s the next progression in Japanese Fusion.” Check out our website at www.harusushi.com and see why it’s one of today’s most popular names in Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Haru Sushi - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)special occasion (18)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (12)romantic (10)great for lunch (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Service is ok....EuropeanCitizenDined on 8/26/2014We were rushed... Server cleaned the plates when not all of us finished eating, and asked to take my plate when I was chewing food. The bill was dropped off a second aftet we finished food... I felt that we were not welcomed there... Don't want to be back :(Special Features:
- Great sushirichandlauraDined on 8/22/2014Ate here as part of the dine out Boston promotion. The food was excellent and portions larger than expected. Happy hour appetizers deals were very good. Their specialty rolls were both tasty and beautiful in appearance. Cheesecake dessert was one of the best I ever had and not too big for comfortable eating. Service was very prompt and attentive.Special Features:
- Great all-aroundsushi2Dined on 8/21/2014The food at Haru is creative and delicious! There are many different rolls to try, all at reasonable prices for how fantastic they are. The drink menu is also noteworthy and very creative (I recommend the elderberry cocktail). The service was great and overall it was a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YenniegreatdiningDined on 8/20/2014The waitress, Yennie, was one of the best I've ever experienced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findAnacabDined on 8/13/2014We loved it! Food was delicious And the staff was very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Paradise!BackbaydinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014Always the best choice in Boston for sushi; great atmosphere and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday night outNightoutDined on 8/4/2014My girlfriends and I came there to celebrate a friends birthday, the overall experience was good just probably the slowest wait ever to her our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jessicamDined on 7/29/2014The spicy titanic roll was fantastic! I was also a huge fan of the special lychee drink (not the lycheetini) and would definitely get that again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2014The front desk hostess service and manager is quite horrible during reservation and check in. The food takes a long time to come out and it is not very tasty. I do not recommend this restaurant at all.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2014Cocktails and Happy Hour menu during the week, a nice surprise. We've been several times. The food and service are always excellent. The restaurant is beautiful also.
- Great food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014At first service was attentive but when the room started filling up with just a few diners our server was unable to tend to us. We ordered the sushi and that came out fairly quickly and we had already finished our drinks when the food came. We asked for another round. Our server never came back! We had finished our sushi and still she had walked by us as if she didn't know us. We finally flagged her down and we asked for the check. She came back with our drinks. We figured since they were already made we might as well drink them. My second 13 dollar drink had been made without garnish( like the previous one had, it was a sangria) and no alcohol. Liked the food but the service was pretty bad. Don't think I'll be trying this place againSpecial Features:
- DeliciousCML88Dined on 6/18/2014I go to Haru a few times a year, and it is always a great time. Delicious sushi. Definitely take advantage of the happy hour menu, since there some cheaper appetizers listed.Special Features:
- Great service and foodcbismeDined on 6/18/2014Lots of options for vegetarians and waitress was very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Not what I was hopingFoodgroupieDined on 6/14/2014We went on a Saturday evening and the place was almost empty. The quality of the fish was not as good as I was hoping and definitely not worth the price. The server didn't seem to know the menu well and was not very attentive. After our last dish was served he didn't come back to check on us and we had to flag him down for the check.
- Skip this and Go to Douzo…..MyReviewerNicknameDined on 6/8/2014Restaurant not busy for a dinner with reservation for out of town friends on Sunday night. Seated in the bar, not the restaurant, in an area with no server. Bartender, who did not know the menu, was semi-server. Appetizers and main arrived together. No checking if we needed anything. Staff standing around and chatting. Very poor showing. Not worth the aggravation or cost. If there was manager there it is obvious that no managing was going on. Go to Douzo or Snappy's. Better food and a more enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Food could have been betterFeistyfoodieDined on 6/6/2014Extremely slow service even though restaurant was empty. Everything we ordered took a really long time to come out and was overlooked. Price point is too high to have slow service and overlooked food. Had the food not been overlooked it would have been delicious. Waitress was nice and friendly but we were there for 3 hours.
- robrookDined on 6/5/2014Came here for lunch late in the week on a dreary rainy day..hostess and waitstaff were welcoming... salmon teriyaki with miso soup, sushi, shrimp tempura & vegetables did not disappoint. Portions were generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2014Service was slow, no one came to refill our water and drinks. Not a good experience.
- Solid ExperienceJK5787VIPDined on 5/16/2014A friend picked out this spot. He wanted to try sushi for the first time. He left liking it and wants to try sushi again. It was a solid experience - food was good, service was good, prices were good. A great location, right under the Prudential Center shops. However, it was mostly unmemorable experience (nothing particularly good or bad sticks out), so I have a tough time giving it more than three stars. Would I return? Perhaps if I was already in the area shopping at the Prudential Center and had a friend who wanted decent sushi at a decent price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 536 reviews are from the Haru Sushi - Boston reviews archive.
- Only a moderate placeLuv2dineDined on 5/4/2014Spring roll was dripping with oil..meat tasted old, meaning it was probably a frozen filet quickly thawed. My wife had chicken which was dry. Probably had also been frozen, maybe for a while. Neither of us could finish it. Also had a loud customer behind us talking.
- Excellent sushiCeliciaSDined on 5/2/2014As always I had an excellent meal at Haru Sushi. Everything we ordered was delectable. I will always return to this favourite restaurant.Special Features:
- Very bad serviceggromoVIPDined on 4/27/2014Is the third time I go to that restaurant and the three times employees where crude and they ask you for tip as if they deserve it. TERRIBLE SERVICE!
- For very special occasionsVAM100Dined on 4/18/2014The food was very good and service was outstanding. On the expensive side. Reserve for very special occasions.Special Features:
- Good Japanese food, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/18/2014Haru's ambience made it the most enjoyable. The menu is full of tasty options and it is certainly hard to pick, however, the couple plates I did order did not live up to expectations. The main issue was the sauces and dips that did not pair well with any of my dishes. Also, the food took a WHILE to come out and I mean a while. The kitchen was backed up. This would have been fine but our waitress did not communicate that to us or offer us something while we were waiting. A 40 minute wait for two appetizers deserves some recognition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place for a mealjapanfanDined on 4/14/2014I usually go by myself and its a nice place for a quiet meal of Japanese type - enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014I discovered Haru about 6 years ago. It has been my favorite restaurant ever since. The service has always been excellent. The sushi is some of the best I've ever had. The king crab dumplings melt in your mouth. My only regret is that I live 2 hours away and I don't get to go there nearly as often as I would like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi rolls were amazing.SamalaDined on 4/11/2014Sushi rolls were amazing. Steamed dumplings less than mediocre. Will go back to try other rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiTiamahtDined on 4/5/2014Everything was terrific--food, service, ambiance, proximity to Symphony--a lovely dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch.Love the Salmon DonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2014I have had lunch here three times in the last two months, each time with a friend. The raw fish dishes are inventive, scrumptuous, and plentiful. The Salmon Don has six large pieces of raw salmon served on top of rice and shredded daikon. The fish was very fresh and, considering the price of sushi and sashimi, the value ($22) is excellent. My friend loved the teriyaki and, another time, a shrimp dish with noodles. The music can be a little loud, so too the fan for the heating system. However, on all three occasions when I requested that the (rock) music and heating fan be turned down, my request was honored without further ado. Had this courtesy not been shown, I would have been much less inclined to return a second and third time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haru Sushi - BostonHaruSushiReviewer1Dined on 3/28/2014We didn't think that the food was too great. Also, I found an eyelash on my food. The waitress took it back and discounted our bill, but I would not go back to Haru. Unfortunately, I would not recommend to friends or family. There are a lot of options for sushi around Boston that are much better.
- Delicious Sushi and SashimiRenRenDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I visit Haru once a year when we make our annual visit to Anime Boston because it is a consistently enjoyable experience. The food is exceptionally fresh and flavorful. We tried the seasonal "Summer Spring Rolls" as an appetizer this time and we were not disappointed: an amazing blend of fresh, crisp ingredients. Definitely a must try! And you can't ask for fresher sushi and sashimi. Truly melt-in-your-mouth quality fish! If you're looking for outstanding food in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, give Haru a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid sushisandwichlegendDined on 3/22/2014Haru is overall a really solid sushi restaurant in Boston's energetic Back Bay area. The sushi is definitely some of the best in Greater Boston, with some excellent and creative custom rolls. Although there appear to be other places that slightly outdo them in terms of quality, the ambience is hard to beat though and that's why I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnCommon Good in Boston!CorinnaDined on 3/21/2014I was pleasantly surprised by the delightful find that is Haru Sushi in Boston. After a long day of work, we needed somewhere that was going to accommodate us well, and every single thing we tried on the menu was impeccable. We tried: * Chicken Yakitori Skewers * Agadashi Tofu * Spicy Filet Mignon Starter * Boston UnCommon Roll * Rainbow Roll * Chicken Udon There was nothing on the menu that wasn't spectacular--however, the Chicken Udon wasn't on the menu. My wife requested it, and was told that they could make it, "But it will be three dollars more." We never found out "more than what?" If time hadn't been a factor, we would have eaten here all four nights of our stay. As it is, we're bringing friends back tonight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Disappointment This TimePookieVIPDined on 3/21/2014I know its Restaurant Week, but still, I was very disappointed in my last visit to Haru. We arrived a few minutes early for a 1:15 p.m. lunch reservation, and were promptly seated. However, it took forever to get served -- even water. My friend and I both ordered miso soup -- and it took at least one-half to be served the soup! Its only soup, folks -- it really isn't cooked to order. We were on our lunch break, and when our entrees were served, we asked for the check then, and still, it took some time to get the check paid and to send us on our way. Service has never been Haru's strong suit, but this time, it was atrocious. Usually, the food is wonderful, but the chicken in my chicken teriyaki lunch box was totally tasteless. Sad,
- Ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2014Food was ok. I liked the restaurant week menu. Waitress was overwhelmed it seemed and service could have been better. We had to wait a while before she took our order. Overall, ok...I've had better Sushi and Haru will not be on my revisit list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh SushiJessicaDVIPDined on 3/18/2014Great service and delicious food. the sushi was incredibly fresh. They were able to handle my food allergy no problem. GF soy sauce is available
- Good Sushi, not Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2014The food was good. We went for restaurant week/dine out Boston so we had the popcorn shrimp (which was basically the size of an entree), sushi special (my friend said the samurai one was also good and I tried the teriyaki salmon and it was yummy) and then green tea mochi ice cream. The waitress was nice but not very attentive to water glasses. I think the tuna could have been a little bit fresher but the salmon and yellowtail sashimi were delicious.
- The food was excellent, butjimelDined on 3/15/2014The food was excellent, but the service did not live up to it. It was slow and disinterested from the moment we walked in before 6 pm. The greeter was on the phone but never gave us a glance. Another woman came over but got on the computer and never looked up. Finally my husband went over to a table and then someone came and led us to that very table. It was 5 mins before anyone appeared with water and another 5 mins before drinks were ordered. The drinks were slow coming, the ordering was slow, one appetizer was late, and the service was inattentive throughout. The waitress was pleasant but was not trained for the task. So on a not so busy night, and early, we were always looking around for service, for another glass of wine or whatever.Special Features:
- good sushi, rather new agegibson1978Dined on 3/14/2014Good sushi here, though it is not very traditional at all. new age versions so to speak. still rather good and not terribly pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi is great, but service...JonDDined on 3/12/2014Wow, the sushi is terrific, but only worth it if you have a couple hours to spend waiting on the terrible service. I have never waited over an hour to get four rolls. Plus it initially took the server 45 minutes just to take our order. Once the food was there, it was awesome. I'd definitely do take out, but probably wouldn't go back. The hostess was incredibly nice, though, and it's a really convenient spot.Special Features: