Haru Sushi - Boston
55 Huntington Ave
Boston, MA 02199Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Haru Sushi - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harusushi.com/
- Phone: (617) 536-0770
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday & Monday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Alex Aratake
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer full catering and events services for both social and corporate entertaining. For more information, contact Craig: email@example.com or 646-596-0603.
- Private Party Facilities: Beautiful private dining room with flatscreen TV. Events@harusushi.com to inquire.
- Private Party Contact: Craig Saslow 646-596-0603x
A word from Haru Sushi - Boston
There’s never a dull moment at Haru if you love food, fun, and atmosphere. In a stylish and vibrant setting, Haru Sushi Bar/Restaurant/Bar serves freshly prepared Japanese dishes with a focus of making the customer feel special. Haru’s menu is based on quality, creativity, and generous portions of sushi and sashimi. While the fare is very important to Haru’s customer, this is not their only reason for dining here. Many return frequently simply because they enjoy the whole experience Haru provides. It’s no wonder they say, “it’s the next progression in Japanese Fusion.” Check out our website at www.harusushi.com and see why it’s one of today’s most popular names in Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Haru Sushi - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (16)good for groups (16)romantic (12)great for lunch (10)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Horrible serviceFoodLoverDined on 11/14/2014I was extremely disappointed with the service and food here. I waited about 20 minutes to have my drink delivered, and once I ordered my sushi, it took them 45 minutes to bring it out!!! I have never in my life had to to wait that long for sushi!!!! I had the Gramarcy Roll and it was soooo sour. I couldn't taste anything but SOUR. I'm not sure if it was the lemon topping or pickled jalepeños, but it was gross. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
- Ok foodPhilDined on 11/8/2014Ordering drinks took 20 minutes for each and the place wasn't that busy. Food was ok, but not worth what they charge
- Greasy tempuraAvgjoeDined on 10/24/2014The tempura at Haru seemed greasier than any tempura I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5starsGmaandGpahDined on 10/24/2014Excellent.My husband,grandson(a NEU)freshman and I.enjoyed really wonderful food and service.Would highly recommend Harrumph.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/16/2014The sushi/sashimi platter for two had a nice selection, but I was aghast that they served the sashimi on lettuce and Daikon radish shreds instead of shiso! When I ask for shiso, the traditional accompaniment, they had the audacity to charge me $0.50 for two leaves! This and the server disappeared after delivering our entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double Daton Columbus DayjeffVIPDined on 10/13/2014We had a double date on Columbus day at Haru. We were pleasantly surprised by happy hour menu amd the special drinks were so great. We enjoyed our time at HARU and would recommend anyone to come here. We will be back real soon.Special Features:
- Sushi, Sake and More to EnjoyWhiteyVIPDined on 9/30/2014I work nearby and dine at Haru frequently...I like the bar, the sushi is great and they have some other items I really enjoy. I love the Lemongrass hot and sour soup, enjoy the field greens salad and the vegetable tempura. I do not eat meat so there are plenty of great options on the menu for me, and lots of great options for those I dine with (filet mignon, chicken teriyaki, etc.). I am never disappointed by Haru and I really like the atmosphere that is why I go so frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Puréed spicy tuna :(NellyDined on 9/27/2014Spicy Tuna is the standard role most people will have at a sushi place. Getting it right is table stakes. Unfortunately Haru got it terribly wrong. As opposed to having fresh tuna they puréed their tuna turning it into mush. We actually had to scrape it off of one of their roles to make it edible. The other roles were okay but nothing special. Very disappointing considering its not a cheap sushi place.
- roxthefoxVIPDined on 9/21/2014We visit Haru frequently. This time we were waiting for about an hour before our appetizers arrived, was way too slow. I will continue to visit but if the service is like this again I will be forced to re-think visiting again! The food is still awesome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit as good as the firstportsmouthreviewerDined on 9/19/2014The sushi and calamari salad was wonderful! The service was very good as well - our waitress was friendly, knowledgeable of the items on the menu and told us up front the sushi might take longer than cooked dishes. We had come in for sushi and had no problem waiting ("possibly 30 minutes") for our various orders. We were pleasantly surprised when the salad and then 2 rounds of sushi all came out much faster than expected (no more than 15 minutes). Multiple people besides our waitress stopped by the table throughout our meal to make sure that everything was good and check if we needed anything. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Good. but Omakase (Oh my gosh!)da4diningVIPDined on 9/18/2014Fine sushi but in my view overpriced-- perhaps not unreasonable given the location, but somehow my Omakase dinner seemed wildly out of proportion to even the general menu pricing: 8 pieces of sushi for $45? And it was good, but not overly imaginative. Add to that I expressed a strong preference for sashimi over sushi, and was served sushi exclusively. Not sure whether this was a server issue or a sushi chef issue, but a restaurant offering omakase should be better at it...
- Boston beats NYCRBNYCVIPDined on 9/18/2014We first went to Haru Sushi in NYC. Our experience was great but even better in Boston. The service and food were great. I think the ambiance in Boston may be better? Great place for a pre-theatre dinner.Special Features:
- Don't go thereMerchadDined on 9/13/2014We checked in to the Westin hotel and asked for the BEST sushi in the area. Price was not an object. The person at the check-in desk recommended Haru. We quickly made a reservation and headed down the street....WHAT A MISTAKE. The place was empty except for 3 tables. The hostess decided to sit us RIGHT in between 2 of them. I quickly asked to move our seat since the rest of the place was empty. When the waiter finally decided to head over he was awful. He appeared uncomfortable and out of his element. It took forever to get our appetizers which included FAKE calamari, which you would not expect from the "best" sushi place in the area. The sushi was mediocre at best and was WAY OVERPRICED. Would have given a "0" if it was an option. AVOID!!
- Took ForeverSushiGirl22Dined on 9/12/2014Arrived for a 8:30pm reservation for my birthday. Upon sitting we were informed that the sushi bar was running 45 minutes behind. Took about 2 hours before we got our food and we didn't leave until 11:30pm. Our waiter left before we did. Great sushi, but for the expensive price it is not worth the extreme wait. Used to be a favorite spot of mine, will not return again.
- Service is ok....EuropeanCitizenDined on 8/26/2014We were rushed... Server cleaned the plates when not all of us finished eating, and asked to take my plate when I was chewing food. The bill was dropped off a second aftet we finished food... I felt that we were not welcomed there... Don't want to be back :(Special Features:
- Great sushirichandlauraDined on 8/22/2014Ate here as part of the dine out Boston promotion. The food was excellent and portions larger than expected. Happy hour appetizers deals were very good. Their specialty rolls were both tasty and beautiful in appearance. Cheesecake dessert was one of the best I ever had and not too big for comfortable eating. Service was very prompt and attentive.Special Features:
- Great all-aroundsushi2Dined on 8/21/2014The food at Haru is creative and delicious! There are many different rolls to try, all at reasonable prices for how fantastic they are. The drink menu is also noteworthy and very creative (I recommend the elderberry cocktail). The service was great and overall it was a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YenniegreatdiningDined on 8/20/2014The waitress, Yennie, was one of the best I've ever experienced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findAnacabDined on 8/13/2014We loved it! Food was delicious And the staff was very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Paradise!BackbaydinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014Always the best choice in Boston for sushi; great atmosphere and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday night outNightoutDined on 8/4/2014My girlfriends and I came there to celebrate a friends birthday, the overall experience was good just probably the slowest wait ever to her our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jessicamDined on 7/29/2014The spicy titanic roll was fantastic! I was also a huge fan of the special lychee drink (not the lycheetini) and would definitely get that again!Special Features:
- The following 547 reviews are from the Haru Sushi - Boston reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2014The front desk hostess service and manager is quite horrible during reservation and check in. The food takes a long time to come out and it is not very tasty. I do not recommend this restaurant at all.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2014Cocktails and Happy Hour menu during the week, a nice surprise. We've been several times. The food and service are always excellent. The restaurant is beautiful also.
- Great food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014At first service was attentive but when the room started filling up with just a few diners our server was unable to tend to us. We ordered the sushi and that came out fairly quickly and we had already finished our drinks when the food came. We asked for another round. Our server never came back! We had finished our sushi and still she had walked by us as if she didn't know us. We finally flagged her down and we asked for the check. She came back with our drinks. We figured since they were already made we might as well drink them. My second 13 dollar drink had been made without garnish( like the previous one had, it was a sangria) and no alcohol. Liked the food but the service was pretty bad. Don't think I'll be trying this place againSpecial Features:
- DeliciousCML88Dined on 6/18/2014I go to Haru a few times a year, and it is always a great time. Delicious sushi. Definitely take advantage of the happy hour menu, since there some cheaper appetizers listed.Special Features:
- Great service and foodcbismeDined on 6/18/2014Lots of options for vegetarians and waitress was very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Not what I was hopingFoodgroupieDined on 6/14/2014We went on a Saturday evening and the place was almost empty. The quality of the fish was not as good as I was hoping and definitely not worth the price. The server didn't seem to know the menu well and was not very attentive. After our last dish was served he didn't come back to check on us and we had to flag him down for the check.
- Skip this and Go to Douzo…..MyReviewerNicknameDined on 6/8/2014Restaurant not busy for a dinner with reservation for out of town friends on Sunday night. Seated in the bar, not the restaurant, in an area with no server. Bartender, who did not know the menu, was semi-server. Appetizers and main arrived together. No checking if we needed anything. Staff standing around and chatting. Very poor showing. Not worth the aggravation or cost. If there was manager there it is obvious that no managing was going on. Go to Douzo or Snappy's. Better food and a more enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Food could have been betterFeistyfoodieDined on 6/6/2014Extremely slow service even though restaurant was empty. Everything we ordered took a really long time to come out and was overlooked. Price point is too high to have slow service and overlooked food. Had the food not been overlooked it would have been delicious. Waitress was nice and friendly but we were there for 3 hours.
- robrookVIPDined on 6/5/2014Came here for lunch late in the week on a dreary rainy day..hostess and waitstaff were welcoming... salmon teriyaki with miso soup, sushi, shrimp tempura & vegetables did not disappoint. Portions were generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/28/2014Service was slow, no one came to refill our water and drinks. Not a good experience.
- Solid ExperienceJK5787VIPDined on 5/16/2014A friend picked out this spot. He wanted to try sushi for the first time. He left liking it and wants to try sushi again. It was a solid experience - food was good, service was good, prices were good. A great location, right under the Prudential Center shops. However, it was mostly unmemorable experience (nothing particularly good or bad sticks out), so I have a tough time giving it more than three stars. Would I return? Perhaps if I was already in the area shopping at the Prudential Center and had a friend who wanted decent sushi at a decent price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only a moderate placeLuv2dineDined on 5/4/2014Spring roll was dripping with oil..meat tasted old, meaning it was probably a frozen filet quickly thawed. My wife had chicken which was dry. Probably had also been frozen, maybe for a while. Neither of us could finish it. Also had a loud customer behind us talking.
- Excellent sushiCeliciaSDined on 5/2/2014As always I had an excellent meal at Haru Sushi. Everything we ordered was delectable. I will always return to this favourite restaurant.Special Features:
- Very bad serviceggromoVIPDined on 4/27/2014Is the third time I go to that restaurant and the three times employees where crude and they ask you for tip as if they deserve it. TERRIBLE SERVICE!
- For very special occasionsVAM100Dined on 4/18/2014The food was very good and service was outstanding. On the expensive side. Reserve for very special occasions.Special Features:
- Good Japanese food, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/18/2014Haru's ambience made it the most enjoyable. The menu is full of tasty options and it is certainly hard to pick, however, the couple plates I did order did not live up to expectations. The main issue was the sauces and dips that did not pair well with any of my dishes. Also, the food took a WHILE to come out and I mean a while. The kitchen was backed up. This would have been fine but our waitress did not communicate that to us or offer us something while we were waiting. A 40 minute wait for two appetizers deserves some recognition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place for a mealjapanfanDined on 4/14/2014I usually go by myself and its a nice place for a quiet meal of Japanese type - enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014I discovered Haru about 6 years ago. It has been my favorite restaurant ever since. The service has always been excellent. The sushi is some of the best I've ever had. The king crab dumplings melt in your mouth. My only regret is that I live 2 hours away and I don't get to go there nearly as often as I would like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.