Haru Sushi - W 43rd
229 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Haru Sushi - W 43rd
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harusushi.com/
- Phone: 2123989810x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Haru Times Square offers catering and events options for both social and corporate entertaining:
- Cocktail and holiday parties
- Off-premise sushi and sake bars with chef(s) and bar staff
- Sushi platters for home or office
- Private dining room
- Restaurant buyout
A word from Haru Sushi - W 43rd
Haru, a premier name in modern Japanese cuisine, has opened its NEW flagship restaurant: Haru Times Square. Located just steps up the street from our original home in the Theater District, the new Haru Times Square will offer lunch and dinner service, a cocktail bar and sushi bar, private dining, group seating, catering, delivery and happy hour. Welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Haru Sushi - W 43rd reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (73)fit for foodies (61)good for groups (45)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (28)hot spot (27)romantic (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Pre-Theater Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent pre - theater experience. Great food, service, & ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, lacking service.djs511VIPDined on 9/13/2014during my most recent visit to haru, the food was good as always. the agedashi tofu appetizer was especially well prepared. the service, however, seriously detracted from the experience. the waiter took our order, and asked about our preferred sequence for dish arrival; 20 minutes later, he returned to tell us that the appetizer we ordered was no longer available. by this point, we were both starving, and lacked the energy to come up with an alternate choice. shortly thereafter, most of the food arrived, in the opposite order that had been agreed upon. our soup was missing - which was supposed to arrive first - and came out after several reminders. overall, the food remains high quality, but the poor service definitely made a mark.
- Nice Placedaisy26Dined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is really nice including the restrooms. We ordered the king crab dumplings and they were good but didn't taste fresh (tasted liked they had been pre-steamed). The sushi roll I ordered (Grammercy Park) was also good, although the description I read on the menu didn't seem to fit how it tasted. Overall, this place is nice because it's located on a side street off of TS so you get a little quiet from the hustle and bustle and the ambience is nice. I would try this place again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality sushiFrannydDined on 9/11/2014The sushi, sashimi and special rolls at Haru are fresh, creative and just delicious. Portions sizes are good. Very attentive service, we had plenty of time to make it to our show. The only complaint is the noise level- as with most restaurants these days the background music has a thumping beat and it is hard to have quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!WAHVetteVIPDined on 9/10/2014The service was perfect and the food spectacular. We had one item that we were not pleased with and they promptly took it off the bill. That one action will bring us back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful appetizers + great sushirdrdDined on 9/10/2014Since we'd never eaten here before, we were pleased to find a place with outstanding and creative appetizers (we shared four different ones) coupled with high quality sushi. We definitely will be back to try other menu items in the future. It is an excellent choice for anyone with theater plans near Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HaruOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Very cool place. I've been for lunch once and I took a first date there recently and it was perfect. Not extremely romantic, but good enough for us to just chill out, talk, and have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Shushi Relatively High PriceCSLynnDined on 9/5/2014Been to Haru on UES several times. They have wonderful sashimi with large portions but it doesn't include anything. Waiter had bit of attitude but service good.Special Features:
- Oasis in heart of Times SquareSherylVIPDined on 9/4/2014Steps away from the bustle of Times Square, Haru is pretty and welcoming. Plenty of great lunch and light lunch options. Also found some of the specials especially good: cod with sesame sauce, scallops with a delicious tofu mixed in. Rolls, hand rolls, all good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/3/2014As always, the food at Haru was very good and is the perfect dinner after theater.Special Features:
- Excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/2/2014We were so late for our reservation due to traffic getting into the city and the reataurant accommodated us with holding our table and serving us quickly so we could make our 7:00 show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OptionsAWinDined on 8/31/2014Recently my husband and I visited Haru Sushi with another couple. We were all happy with all of the menu options and my husband and I were especially happy with the special rolls they had. We loved the dipping sauce that came with the calamari and our friends really enjoyed the scallops they had as an appetizer. Our visit was on a Sunday night and the restaurant wasn't crowded at all. We did notice a few times that it took the server a while to get food that was ready out to the tables, not great being a sushi restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Haruamy3Dined on 8/29/2014The new quarters, right next door to where they were, are very different. The ambiance is brighter and updated but the food and service are the same -- excellent!!! This is our favorite place to eat before the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New decor is upscaleLCLurleneDined on 8/29/2014They moved a few doors closer to mid-block. Lovely upscale decor (nothing wrong with the old one and it reflected Japanese ambiance better). Food was very good. They've always been reliable. Tried hot entrees this time. Best Sea Bass ice ever had. We took teens. They loved it. It felt special. Service a tad disorganized for a slow night. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality control issues in new spaceweezeDined on 8/27/2014I have been here twice recently. The greeter was very nice both times but the wait staff is sub-par- on my second visit, the waitress threw food down on the table and ran away before we could get a word out. I wanted more water so had to stand up and run after her, and when there was a problem with my order, same. Luckily we were seated near the back so she was easy to find. The music is too loud during lunch hour. The food remains very good. The bathroom stall I used was completely out of toilet paper and the first time I went last week, the chair was dirty. They are slipping since their move to this new space but the food remains excellent. I hope the rest of the employees can improve to the level that these sushi chefs deserve.
- Excellent sushi at a good priceLamjVIPDined on 8/25/2014Haru is one of the few high quality affordable restaurants in the Times square area. The sushi is always very good and the prices are reasonable. The new location is very pretty and was well deon.
- Best Time Square sushi!DK4RockvilleDined on 8/22/2014Sushi was freshest ever. Staff was fast and helpful and accommodating. We will return any time in this part of mid-town.Special Features:
- Fresh & delish!2hungryDined on 8/21/2014We got a platter of assorted rolls, sushi & sashimi to share. All agreed that it was tasty, fresh and well presented. Service was great as we had a 7pm show to catch and got there in plenty of time. Decor is a sleek open bright space. Would definitely go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love HaruXNYCGirlVIPDined on 8/20/2014We love Haru and used to eat there 2-3 times a week when we lived in the city. Now that we no longer live in the city, we make sure it is on our dining list when traveling to the city. It is one of our favorites. Because we went there so often, one of our favorite waitresses already knows our order - love that! Great food, great Happy Hour specials. Recommend!Special Features:
- Haru Times SquareMsFoodieDined on 8/19/2014Excellent food, nice new location, great place for lunch or dinner. A little more expensive than I had initially thought but worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a solid performerMBUWSDined on 8/19/2014A welcome peaceful escape from the awful scene in Times Square.Special Features:
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014disappointed :( sushi is not too fresh, need improvement. i have stomachache afterward.Special Features:
- Pre TheaterLiveLifeDined on 8/13/2014This is one of my favorite pre theater places (Midtown location) You can get in and out on time for the show and know you're going to have some terrific sushi.
- Sushi before or after theatreTederfDined on 8/13/2014Times Square area is always a challenge for a decent meal before or after the theatre. Thought we would try some sushi. Haru Sushi was a good choice. Very nicely decorated, fairly quiet and excellent service. The sushi was good -- not the greatest I have had -- but for the price and location was a decent value. It was fresh and nicely presented. Good drink menu was also helpful after walking around Times Square for a while. The best part of the experience is the quiet ambiance. Tables are far enough apart to be peaceful and the decor is sort of zen.Special Features:
- Haru EwwBloomierVIPDined on 8/13/2014The space was renovated and looks much better. Tables are not on top of one another. I love my sushi however I had 2 pieces that were not edible and I was gagging and had to pot out in a napkin. One pice was caught in my tooth it miSpecial Features:
- Always reliable sushiDanielleP143VIPDined on 8/12/2014Always good-and they just moved down the street, and the ambiance in the new spot is nice. Brighter and also less noisySpecial Features:
- Quiet Ambiance in Times SquareLynnGuiniDined on 8/10/2014My mother and I were looking for a sushi place for dinner after our Broadway Matinee. The moment you walked into the room, it was like you were no longer in the middle of the hustle and bustle of time square, but rather a posh Japanese restaurant with a quiet and tranquil atmosphere. We ordered edamame and steamed veggie dumplings. The dumplings were fresh, with a light dipping sauce and the edamame was a good portion for 2 diners. My mother was pleased to find a vegetarian sushi entrée which appeased to her non-fish eating ways. I got the traditional sushi entrée. We loved the beautiful presentation and the attention to detail. The sushi was fresh and delicious, the portions were perfect, and we both left happy and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Perfect spot for after theatre dining Service pleasant food very good fish very fresh. Would definitely recommendI would recommend this to a friend.
- New spot, same great foodMsStushDined on 8/6/2014Visited the relocated Times Square branch. Great layout and very spacious. New cocktails went down a treat as did additions to the menu. A firm favorite as always :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuckyDuck71Dined on 8/5/2014We arrived to be told they were closing in 30 mins due to "water problem" so they couldn't seat us. We were very annoyed that no one called us to let us know as it was a long walk then the hostess recommended Red Lobster or Olive Garden?
- Such good sushiErnieDined on 8/5/2014Best sushi nearby by far. The entrance is funky under scaffolding and the prices are high other than lunch specials, but overall this place is great.Special Features:
- good lunch placejeannieVIPDined on 8/4/2014I like the quick service and the noise level is not to loud making it easy to speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely come again!frostyw98Dined on 8/3/2014I was seated promptly upon arrival.It took a few minutes for a server to come over to me, but after he realized I wasn't being helped, he took it upon himself to be my server. Eduardo was very attentive without being in the way at all. He brought me various tasty sakes and sushi, and even offered me dessert at the end of my meal. The sakes were all top-notch, and the fish was very fresh, tasty and well presented. I would return to this place again on my next trip to New York.Special Features:
- Great pre - broad way experience.Natasha646Dined on 8/2/2014My granddaughter made reservations from Amtrak train on the way into Manhattan. We were seated immediately and very happy this service was available. Our server was prompt and very helpful. We ate every bite and loved the sushi. Next visit to NYC will include a visit to your restaurant.!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good middle of the road sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014No wow factor to be found here but acceptable sushi at marginally high prices. Service was efficient and quick and portions are adequate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Its a bit too noisy but its expected during lunch hour. Other than the noise the food was fresh the service was spectaluar and the atmosphere was very energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis in midst of Time SquareSherylVIPDined on 7/28/2014New location is lovely, and just steps away from the old one. Inside is restful and pretty, and the menu is predictably good. Lunchtime options include boxes and light options. Grilled chicken salad was good, and chicken teriyaki box included an assortment of goodies.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceteneilkwDined on 7/26/2014Haru has the best sushi, great ambiance, and very attentive waiters! I love going to Haru every time I go to the city! It is definitely my favorite place to eat - both alone and with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceSteakmanVIPDined on 7/24/2014The restaurant had excellent service and food to match. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always goodTillienyDined on 7/23/2014I've been going to Haru for years. The food is consistently great. I love the new space, too! Much brighter than the old space.Special Features: