Haru Sushi - Gramercy Park
220 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Haru Sushi - Gramercy Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://harusushi.com/
- Phone: 6464280989x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Saturday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Nori Aratake
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering and events services for both social and corporate entertaining. For more information, contact Craig: email@example.com or 646-596-0603.
- Private Party Facilities: Haru Gramercy Park's private mezzanine and bar can accommodate up to 60 guests for a private event.
- Private Party Contact: Craig Saslow 646-596-0603x
A word from Haru Sushi - Gramercy Park
Haru Gramercy Park is a modern Japanese restaurant serving a wide variety of traditional sushi and sashimi as well as our signature specialty rolls such as the "Gramercy Park", "Park Avenue", and the "Super Dynamite". We offer inventive dishes like ceviches, tartares, and creative salads. These combined with savory hot dishes such as Filet Mignon, Grilled Spicy Shrimp, Chilean Sea Bass, and our Salmon and Chicken Teriyaki allow our menu to please everyone’s tastes. Haru Gramercy Park features two-story windows an interior water fall and mezzanine dining. Haru has two full bars and lounges that offer a carefully crafted list of artisanal sake, international beer and wine and our famous Haru Signature Cocktails. This array of libations, together with Haru's sleek modern decor and innovative menu present a unique an memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Haru Sushi - Gramercy Park reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (30)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (18)special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Gramercy is our fav Haru locationAnneDined on 8/29/2014Lunch was so much better than the dinners we have had at haru. Good experience overall. Successful business lunch meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre sushiRaiderDined on 8/28/2014Went for lunch sushi. Lobster appetizer was overpriced and really bad. The sushi was not fresh -- felt like it had been sitting on the counter for way too long, and arrived room temperature. Couldn't finish it.
- BeanDined on 8/26/2014The hostess was incredibly rude and the service was slow and uninviting. I would not go back.
- Amazing Fish TacosOmyraDined on 8/15/2014I cannot say enough about the fish tacos!!! I wanted to have them for my entree too! Very good food and friendly staff. Definitely going again.Special Features:
- Mediocre and loud.VJC8VIPDined on 8/14/2014Not worth the money for the food. It is an attractive space for parties, etc.Special Features:
- yuckOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014worst sushi i've ever had. period. legit grocery store quality.
- Solid SushiDodgersWillVIPDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful menu featuring superb selections. Very attentive service and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Great Fresh Sushi ...hungryforgoodfoodDined on 8/14/2014Went there during Restaurant Week on 8/14/2014. My order of fish taco's, and sushi plate had large pieces of fresh fish which was excellent. My companion had tempura. The quantity of tempura will satisfy the hungry but the tempura batter was heavy and not crispy as found in typical tempura restaurants. Had a view of their order system and found that our food was ready, but not served in timely manner. Hence, the tempura was cold. Server was very busy and refills of our tea was not done periodically.Special Features:
- sushi in the citygr8experienceDined on 8/8/2014Restaurant week was my first time at the restaurant. Everything was amazing. I made a reservation and was seated promptly. The soft lighting created great ambiance. The food was very tasty and you were never waiting long for the course which followed. The waitress was very friendly, she was able to make light conversation, smile and recommend the best dishes and cocktails from the menu. I will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy but SlowMrsNachosDined on 8/7/2014This place has good quality of food, but our lunch took over an hour to finish. If you're on a tight schedule for lunch, I would not recommend this restaurant. It took us 10 minutes just to get someone to ask us for our drink order. It took us about 15-20 minutes between getting seated and getting our first course of food. The Asian chicken salad we ordered off of the restaurant week menu was very delicious and had a great medley of different tastes and textures, and a nice crunch to it. The fish tacos weren't bad either. I would consider going back here, but definitely wouldn't come if I were very hungry or pressed for time as expediency is not a forte of this place.Special Features:
- Great food; poor serviceLisaVIPDined on 8/6/2014The quality of food - outstanding w/ large portions. Waitress was never around to replenish drink orders.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum Yum YummiszdeDined on 8/5/2014We came here for restaurant week after reading some great reviews and it did not disappoint. The RW menu was aptly priced and well worth it. The sushi and sashimi were fresh and on point. The only thing was the prices felt a bit high for what we're used to, but at least the portions were big enough. Service was great, we were checked on continuously and water filled through the night (big pet peeve of mine). Highlight of the night? Cheesecake tempura - who knew that fried cheesecake would taste so good?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was less than averagealittlebitpickyDined on 8/5/2014The sushi was tough, and not very inventive. The dessert was frozen middle ( cheesecake) and the chocolate sauce was canned. It was very disappointing as we were visiting new York for the first time and had saved up this as our big dinner out. Expensive too- we had much bbetter meals in ny for much less.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014For restaurant week, this place wasn't anything special. I have had much better sushi other places.
- Great restaurant week menuevynycDined on 7/29/2014We were very happy with the selection and portions of the restaurant week menu. And the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/24/2014Quality sushi, great service and absolutely delicious cocktails!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I really enjoyed the food here. The waiter I had a nice, and helpful when asked questions. I will be back here again!Special Features:
- Bad ServiceyummyATLfoodsVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food was good, service was not. Took forever to take our order and the waitress was rude and inattentive
- Could Have Been BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/8/2014Terrible wait service. Manager was the one bright light. Food order came out wrong. Waiter was argumentative.Right order came out over cooked and cold. Ended up having no lunch at all. I was surprised as I have eaten at this place many times.
- AwesomesussVIPDined on 7/5/2014It had awesome specialty rools and great sushi. Service was attentive and sincere. HOWEVER... Tempura was a disappointment. There are two types of tempura dough. One-to be eaten as tempura or used in nabeyaki. These a light flaky easy to crack and crisp. Then there is the one used for rolls which are less crispy and more doughy. TOP Japanese restaurants should make a different batter depending on the use.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid NYC chainMattDined on 6/30/2014You always know what you're going to get with Haru - and that's a good thing. A consistent, if not exciting, business lunch or quality sushi dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!luv2dineDined on 6/25/2014Consistent! Food always fresh and delicious. Service is excellent - staff attentive, especially at the table! This Haru is definitely a neighborhood gem...overall best in comparison to your other locations. Have dined here for 2 consecutive weeks. Will only return to this one - no matter where I am in the city - in the future.Special Features:
- Haru Birthday DinnerEmilyFrankieDined on 6/21/2014Always incredibly fresh and inventive, Haru has the most incredible sushi and truly delightful cocktails. Every bite of sushi is astounding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but expensivefoodforfunDined on 6/21/2014Good sushi, but a little expensive for what you get. Sat outside, enjoyed a warm evening, and still had good service. Looks like there could be some not-so-desirable seats inside, but cool atmosphere in the front of the restaurant.
- KateSVIPDined on 6/11/2014One of my favorite places in the city.Good drinks,cool ambiance,nice happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrmarkDined on 6/6/2014Some unique dishes. Seafood soup delicious. Seared tuna excellent and enough for two. Ichiban whisky smash a great cocktail.Special Features:
- Creative Rollsbeachgirl305Dined on 5/31/2014I have been coming here for years and always enjoy my meals here. They have creative rolls, the bar is always happening and I enjoy the wait staff here as well.Special Features:
- The following 295 reviews are from the Haru Sushi - Gramercy Park reviews archive.
- traditional meets amazing twists!robbyrobDined on 5/18/2014Love the fact that they have traditional rolls but when you incorporate it with their own signature style of sushi, i.e spicy titanic roll along with spicy crab caviar roll, unlike no other. Hands down my absolute favorite. Definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to take a bit on a the wild side of amazing sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumyummyDined on 5/14/2014Absolutely delicious and never fails. I have been here many times and keep coming back.Special Features:
- good solid asian foodlmsnycVIPDined on 5/8/2014the variety is great, the sushi is just okay, i tend to go for the other choices. wine and saki selections are good.Special Features:
- Great cucumber rollsSusanDined on 5/6/2014I always have a good meal. Love the cucumber rolls-that is what brings back every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food, worst serviceCHBinNYCDined on 4/22/2014Meal was so slow. Never saw the waiter. Forgot our dessert and he was very blasé about it, kind said he was sorry, didn't promise to rush it. I was disappointed because I wanted it and would have let myself be convinced. Really, if the food was not so good I would never bother. Go when you have the luxury of being there forever.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014Spicy garlic shrimp and sea bass were delcious. Filet mignon app was overcooked. We asked for med & it came out well. The soy dipping sauce w king crab dumplings needs wasabi. Otherwise it was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok for pricesCDG1020VIPDined on 4/15/2014Had a $15 lobster roll for lunch which was not impressive at all; it was dry and bland. Two of the 8 pieces were pretty much just filled with lettuce. My friends had the Roll Combo, which had a tuna roll, california roll and salmon avocado roll and they enjoyed it. Those looked way more appetizing.
- Haru has good, but not outstanding,RosieVIPDined on 3/28/2014Haru has good, but not outstanding, food. Location is nice. I think it is a bit overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi5starsVIPDined on 3/27/2014Haru is great, Sushi is fresh and carefully crafted. I go here all the time and it never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gas ProblemWilsonDined on 3/25/2014This restaurant has had no hot entrees for almost a month. We were told on several occasions that this is because of a gas problem, but with no indication when it will be fixed. I have seen no Con Ed trucks in the vicinity. Seems very odd. This restaurant is off my recommended list until it straightens out its problems.
- Consistently Hit and MisstexinthecityDined on 3/25/2014fantastic seafood spicy soup, always great....often have to order what you want and explain it because not everything possible is on the menu. example, i wanted a crunchy spicy tuna roll but it's only on menu for some stupid reason as spicy crunchy SALMON roll....glad i asked. the regular spicy tuna roll is awful mushy texture. everything is fresh. always. quality isn't an issue so if they could just work out the consistently irritating misses, then the ways they are a hit would bring me back more often. pretty waterfall cascading flat on the entry glasspane is soothing. it's LOUD, though, so don't bring business clients here if you want to actually talk, god forbid. the hostess staff is everchanging, too, but usually nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Despite no hot entees...DeaneVIPDined on 3/20/2014...Haru delivered a great meal. They've been having problems with the gas lines, so could only serve cold and room temperature food. Not a big problem for a sushi restaurant, though, and my latest meal was as divine as my many previous meals at Haru.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Neighborhood SpotMollyDined on 3/17/2014As part of Haru's "Access" membership, I received a voucher for $40 dinner for two including a bottle of wine, appetizer, two entrees and dessert. This was such a great deal! The food was delicious and our waitress was great. Unfortunately that night the gas was not working so we could not order anything that needed grilling, but there were still many great options. The King Crab dumplings were delicious, and the sushi entrees were pretty generous in size considering the great price deal. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.