Haru Sushi - Gramercy Park
220 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Haru Sushi - Gramercy Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://harusushi.com/
- Phone: (646) 428-0989
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Saturday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Nori Aratake
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering and events services for both social and corporate entertaining. For more information, contact Craig: firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-596-0603.
- Private Party Facilities: Haru Gramercy Park's private mezzanine and bar can accommodate up to 60 guests for a private event.
- Private Party Contact: Craig Saslow 646-596-0603x
A word from Haru Sushi - Gramercy Park
Haru Gramercy Park is a modern Japanese restaurant serving a wide variety of traditional sushi and sashimi as well as our signature specialty rolls such as the "Gramercy Park", "Park Avenue", and the "Super Dynamite". We offer inventive dishes like ceviches, tartares, and creative salads. These combined with savory hot dishes such as Filet Mignon, Grilled Spicy Shrimp, Chilean Sea Bass, and our Salmon and Chicken Teriyaki allow our menu to please everyone’s tastes. Haru Gramercy Park features two-story windows an interior water fall and mezzanine dining. Haru has two full bars and lounges that offer a carefully crafted list of artisanal sake, international beer and wine and our famous Haru Signature Cocktails. This array of libations, together with Haru's sleek modern decor and innovative menu present a unique an memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Haru Sushi - Gramercy Park reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (18)great for lunch (17)romantic (17)fit for foodies (16)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Very fun atmospherefoodie4lifeDined on 11/7/2014Haru sushi is perfect for 20-somethings. Fun food and bar scene. Best to go on pay day because their specialty items can run a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Love this placeJashimDined on 10/29/2014I eat here a lot for happy hour. The food is consistently good. Staff is courteous and atmosphere is very casual and relaxed. I missed my reservations by 1 hour and they were still able to accommodate me. One of my favorite Sushi spots in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- October 16, 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014I absolutely have nothing bad to say about the place everything was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 10/11/2014Didn't like it. The service was good, the food not so much. Did not feel like the fish was of great quality, was not tasty, the king salmon pc that I had had lots of ligaments, I never had that with salmon. Drinks: nothing to write home about. Decor ? What decor? And it's kinda dreary.
- Great sushinicknameDined on 10/10/2014Took my gf out for a nice romantic dinner. Drinks were very well made. Only issue was the amount of salt on the edamame which was a little over powering. Other than that, the freshness of the fish was incredible and the rolls were delicious. Overall, I'd give my experience a 9.5/10 (took off 0.5 for the over-abundance of salt).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, delicious sushiNYDinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014Very fresh, delicious sushi and sashi. Generous portions and reasonable prices. Flexible about menu choices -- I wanted to try an appetizer with a different sauce and they were willing to accommodate me.Special Features:
- LDNYCVIPDined on 9/30/2014I went to Haru for a solo lunch on a Saturday and dinner with friends during the week; both experiences were very pleasant. At lunch I sat at the bar and was attentively taken care of by the bartender who made great recommendations. The duck salad is an awesome deal - delicious pulled dark duck meat and a pile of greens with a light ginger dressing; also had the kamikaze roll. At dinner we shared edamame, steamed shiitake and shrimp shumai, and lobster gyoza. The lobster was dried out but the shumai was great. I ordered a specialty roll with tuna, strawberry and a kick of heat - creative and very good. A friend ordered a roll w a touch of jalapeno and hers was a highlight as well. Great find: affordable, quality sushi shop in a prime area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gramercy is our fav Haru locationAnneDined on 8/29/2014Lunch was so much better than the dinners we have had at haru. Good experience overall. Successful business lunch meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre sushiRaiderDined on 8/28/2014Went for lunch sushi. Lobster appetizer was overpriced and really bad. The sushi was not fresh -- felt like it had been sitting on the counter for way too long, and arrived room temperature. Couldn't finish it.
- BeanDined on 8/26/2014The hostess was incredibly rude and the service was slow and uninviting. I would not go back.
- Amazing Fish TacosOmyraDined on 8/15/2014I cannot say enough about the fish tacos!!! I wanted to have them for my entree too! Very good food and friendly staff. Definitely going again.Special Features:
- Mediocre and loud.VJC8VIPDined on 8/14/2014Not worth the money for the food. It is an attractive space for parties, etc.Special Features:
- yuckOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014worst sushi i've ever had. period. legit grocery store quality.
- Solid SushiDodgersWillVIPDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful menu featuring superb selections. Very attentive service and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Great Fresh Sushi ...hungryforgoodfoodDined on 8/14/2014Went there during Restaurant Week on 8/14/2014. My order of fish taco's, and sushi plate had large pieces of fresh fish which was excellent. My companion had tempura. The quantity of tempura will satisfy the hungry but the tempura batter was heavy and not crispy as found in typical tempura restaurants. Had a view of their order system and found that our food was ready, but not served in timely manner. Hence, the tempura was cold. Server was very busy and refills of our tea was not done periodically.Special Features:
- sushi in the citygr8experienceDined on 8/8/2014Restaurant week was my first time at the restaurant. Everything was amazing. I made a reservation and was seated promptly. The soft lighting created great ambiance. The food was very tasty and you were never waiting long for the course which followed. The waitress was very friendly, she was able to make light conversation, smile and recommend the best dishes and cocktails from the menu. I will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy but SlowMrsNachosDined on 8/7/2014This place has good quality of food, but our lunch took over an hour to finish. If you're on a tight schedule for lunch, I would not recommend this restaurant. It took us 10 minutes just to get someone to ask us for our drink order. It took us about 15-20 minutes between getting seated and getting our first course of food. The Asian chicken salad we ordered off of the restaurant week menu was very delicious and had a great medley of different tastes and textures, and a nice crunch to it. The fish tacos weren't bad either. I would consider going back here, but definitely wouldn't come if I were very hungry or pressed for time as expediency is not a forte of this place.Special Features:
- Great food; poor serviceLisaVIPDined on 8/6/2014The quality of food - outstanding w/ large portions. Waitress was never around to replenish drink orders.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum Yum YummiszdeDined on 8/5/2014We came here for restaurant week after reading some great reviews and it did not disappoint. The RW menu was aptly priced and well worth it. The sushi and sashimi were fresh and on point. The only thing was the prices felt a bit high for what we're used to, but at least the portions were big enough. Service was great, we were checked on continuously and water filled through the night (big pet peeve of mine). Highlight of the night? Cheesecake tempura - who knew that fried cheesecake would taste so good?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was less than averagealittlebitpickyDined on 8/5/2014The sushi was tough, and not very inventive. The dessert was frozen middle ( cheesecake) and the chocolate sauce was canned. It was very disappointing as we were visiting new York for the first time and had saved up this as our big dinner out. Expensive too- we had much bbetter meals in ny for much less.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014For restaurant week, this place wasn't anything special. I have had much better sushi other places.
- Great restaurant week menuevynycDined on 7/29/2014We were very happy with the selection and portions of the restaurant week menu. And the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 307 reviews are from the Haru Sushi - Gramercy Park reviews archive.
- Spectacular SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/24/2014Quality sushi, great service and absolutely delicious cocktails!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I really enjoyed the food here. The waiter I had a nice, and helpful when asked questions. I will be back here again!Special Features:
- Bad ServiceyummyATLfoodsVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food was good, service was not. Took forever to take our order and the waitress was rude and inattentive
- Could Have Been BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/8/2014Terrible wait service. Manager was the one bright light. Food order came out wrong. Waiter was argumentative.Right order came out over cooked and cold. Ended up having no lunch at all. I was surprised as I have eaten at this place many times.
- AwesomesussVIPDined on 7/5/2014It had awesome specialty rools and great sushi. Service was attentive and sincere. HOWEVER... Tempura was a disappointment. There are two types of tempura dough. One-to be eaten as tempura or used in nabeyaki. These a light flaky easy to crack and crisp. Then there is the one used for rolls which are less crispy and more doughy. TOP Japanese restaurants should make a different batter depending on the use.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid NYC chainMattVIPDined on 6/30/2014You always know what you're going to get with Haru - and that's a good thing. A consistent, if not exciting, business lunch or quality sushi dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!luv2dineDined on 6/25/2014Consistent! Food always fresh and delicious. Service is excellent - staff attentive, especially at the table! This Haru is definitely a neighborhood gem...overall best in comparison to your other locations. Have dined here for 2 consecutive weeks. Will only return to this one - no matter where I am in the city - in the future.Special Features:
- Haru Birthday DinnerEmilyFrankieDined on 6/21/2014Always incredibly fresh and inventive, Haru has the most incredible sushi and truly delightful cocktails. Every bite of sushi is astounding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but expensivefoodforfunDined on 6/21/2014Good sushi, but a little expensive for what you get. Sat outside, enjoyed a warm evening, and still had good service. Looks like there could be some not-so-desirable seats inside, but cool atmosphere in the front of the restaurant.
- KateSVIPDined on 6/11/2014One of my favorite places in the city.Good drinks,cool ambiance,nice happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrmarkDined on 6/6/2014Some unique dishes. Seafood soup delicious. Seared tuna excellent and enough for two. Ichiban whisky smash a great cocktail.Special Features:
- Creative Rollsbeachgirl305Dined on 5/31/2014I have been coming here for years and always enjoy my meals here. They have creative rolls, the bar is always happening and I enjoy the wait staff here as well.Special Features:
- traditional meets amazing twists!robbyrobDined on 5/18/2014Love the fact that they have traditional rolls but when you incorporate it with their own signature style of sushi, i.e spicy titanic roll along with spicy crab caviar roll, unlike no other. Hands down my absolute favorite. Definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to take a bit on a the wild side of amazing sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumyummyDined on 5/14/2014Absolutely delicious and never fails. I have been here many times and keep coming back.Special Features:
- good solid asian foodlmsnycVIPDined on 5/8/2014the variety is great, the sushi is just okay, i tend to go for the other choices. wine and saki selections are good.Special Features:
- Great cucumber rollsSusanDined on 5/6/2014I always have a good meal. Love the cucumber rolls-that is what brings back every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food, worst serviceCHBinNYCDined on 4/22/2014Meal was so slow. Never saw the waiter. Forgot our dessert and he was very blasé about it, kind said he was sorry, didn't promise to rush it. I was disappointed because I wanted it and would have let myself be convinced. Really, if the food was not so good I would never bother. Go when you have the luxury of being there forever.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014Spicy garlic shrimp and sea bass were delcious. Filet mignon app was overcooked. We asked for med & it came out well. The soy dipping sauce w king crab dumplings needs wasabi. Otherwise it was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.