Haru Sushi - Broadway
205 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Haru Sushi - Broadway
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://harusushi.com/
- Phone: 2123989810x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Aratake Norihiko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer full catering and events services for both social and corporate entertaining. For more information, contact Craig: firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-596-0603.
- Private Party Facilities: Full or partial buy-out packages are available. Please contact the restaurant for details or email email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Craig Saslow 646-596-0603x
- Entertainment: Great music and vibe. (Music not live.)
A word from Haru Sushi - Broadway
A Theater District standout. Haru Broadway is a modern Japanese restaurant with ample portions and striking design, located a block from Time Square's 42nd Street. Its elegant interior, featuring a striking birch ‘wall’ that separates the main dining space from the full bar and sushi bar, is matched by a creative and smartly-priced menu for Japanese cuisine connoisseurs and first time diners alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Haru Sushi - Broadway reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- New Location Leaves A Lot BehindTraveln2CVIPDined on 7/18/2014I have eaten at Haru Sushi several times when visiting New York as it is not only convenient to the theaters but also serves late enough that you can go for dinner after seeing a show. This, however, was my first visit to their new location and I must say that while the food is still very good, they have lost the ambience that they had and tables are on top of each other. Hopefully, they will redecorate to bring back the better atmosphere and give up a few tables to give diners more room to move.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2014The only complaint was they made the reservation for the wrong time. I made it for 12;00 and they had 12:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best rollsNewyorkerVIPDined on 6/14/2014Haru has the formula for always serving delicious rolls - cucumber, california, spicy tuna, salmon & avocado.... The Happy Hours are the best. The place is packed, full of energy and offers a nice assortment of happy hour appetizers and drinks. It's a great place to meet friends from the neighborhood or for the family to have an early dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Seating by the exit and window took away from the ambiance of the restuarant.
- Good restaurantDCBrazilDined on 6/6/2014We had a good experience there. It was not a exceptional restaurant but a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food disappointing happy hourLovetodineDined on 6/4/2014The food, ambiance and service were great. Unfortunately, the happy hour was not. On their website and menu it states that the happy hour is until 7pm but you get to the bar and find out it ended at 6pm starting this week. I wish they had updated their site before implementing this change. It was very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing every single time!MV80Dined on 6/4/2014Every time I visit NYC, Haru is a must! Once again I was not disappointed! Such fresh tasting sushi and fantastic cocktails! Can't wait to visit again and see the new Times Square location. As much as I hate the craziness of Times Square, Haru makes it worth it!Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent SushiRandyDined on 6/4/2014Every visit to Haru has provided superb Japanese dining. Sushi is fresh, varied, and the preparations are varied, creative, and flavorful. One of the best Japanese restaurants in NYC, if not the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1013 reviews are from the Haru Sushi - Broadway reviews archive.
- Great serviceOlyaDined on 5/30/2014Always like to go back to HARU. Perfect location, delicious food and superb service!!! Thank you!
- great sushi special lunch!!JanePDined on 5/30/2014we had a sushi special lunch box and a chicken terriyaki lunch box which serves with soup or salad. It was affordable lunch at times square. Actually sushi was better than chicken terriyaki.Special Features:
- First visit to haruMichael89Dined on 5/24/2014This was my fist time at haru; the staff and food were exceptional and reasonable priced. The ambience was amazing and it worked in my favor for I was on a date. I had sake for the first time, absolutely loved it as we'll as the wine. This is a really intimate spot at night with your significant other and a great way to get a romantic feel if you're new to this kind of stuff. Overall I enjoyed the experience and so did my date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GoodMarkDined on 5/24/2014The fish was good certainly not great. Very expensive for what it is. Haru Broadway is more about their location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeluv2dineDined on 5/24/2014Haru is a wonderful restaurant. Fantastic, fresh, beautiful sushi, great service and a fun, high energy environment. Great for a pre-Broadway show light dinner.Special Features:
- Really good sushi plus restaurantkktaylorVIPDined on 5/23/2014Food and service was excellent. Plenty of options for those who don't eat sushi. Very noisy though. Don't go if you want to have a conversation. In the Time Square area, so good place to go before/after theatre. Hard to find because of the scaffolding on the building. Around the corner behind Hard Rock Cafe.Special Features:
- Haru sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/21/2014I was expecting a full menu of sushi and only 30% was raw foods and didn't appeal to me. Tuna tataki was so good! Scallops were perfectly seared but lobster gyoza was a failSpecial Features:
- Great prices and locationKhennDined on 5/17/2014The restaurant is right in the heart of Times Square and the theatre district, which makes the fact that the prices are so reasonable and unexpected surprise. We enjoyed the Philadelphia, California and Rock Shrimp and Avocado Rolls. The California Rolls were some of the best we've ever had (fresh chunks of crab, not shredded crab) so we ordered a second of those. I had a mixed drink called the Komodo Dragon that was very good. Our waiter was very nice and the service was quick. It was a fantastic dining experience and we would go back for sure if ever in NY again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experienceDr123Dined on 5/16/2014the service was good and fast. The food was tasty, and menu offers a wide choice. The drawback (for me at least) is too noisy.Special Features:
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2014We come to NY about once every month or two... for work, and we cannot miss coming to Haru, sometimes on a trip we come more than once... you have to try the symphony appetizer... amazing!
- Consistently very goodJMCMDined on 5/13/2014My wife and I usually frequent the Wall St. location for lunch so there were no surprises as to the quality of food and service at the Haru Broadway location. The atmosphere is different though. It was loud in the main space. Loud enough that we asked to be moved so we could hear each other. Once we were in a quieter part of the restaurant it made for a very nice experience. They are consistently very good and we will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls nite outNorthlakepeopleVIPDined on 5/13/2014Food fresh and delicious.............a little too noisy saw they are moving up the block...maybe that will be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushilalo17Dined on 5/13/2014Haru is always a great choice. The sushi is always fresh and I always leave satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Sushi, a bit noisyBusyBankerDined on 5/13/2014One can always count on Haru for great sushi. WHile the Broadway location is a bit crowded and noisy, but this makes for a good setting for confidential business lunches where nosey neighbors can be hazardous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Haru for after theaterMamieDined on 5/11/2014Always consistent and reliable. Food is fresh. Portions are perfect.Special Features:
- Great sushi in Mid-town for priceFromLosAngelestoNewYorkDined on 5/10/2014We loved our dining experience. Great sushi and rolls for the price. Great drinks and the Nigori sake was delicious. Will go to againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushi, nice ambiancesuttonDined on 5/3/2014Came here for dinner with a group of 4 before a show. The drinks were delicious, our server was friendly (though very busy), and the sushi was fresh. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Always GoodRonKDined on 5/2/2014Nice sushi and roll selection. A little noisy in the early evening as Broadway patrons eat before curtains rise, but quiets after. Nice ambiance.Special Features:
- sodapoDined on 4/29/2014Très bonne nourriture, dans une ambiance dynamique à Times Square, même si un peu bruyant (difficile de se faire comprendre). Un bon accueil est également à relever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haru broadwayEportfoodDined on 4/26/2014Excellent experience at Haru broadway. Food is always exceptional and presentation is beautiful. Have dined here several times and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi in great athmosphereHeidi65chDined on 4/23/2014We loved it - service was excellent, food just great and the atmosphere very good - hope to come back soon - so sad, it's so far away from Switzerland :-)Special Features:
- Haru ReviewCharlottenyDined on 4/22/2014We went to Haru Sushi on Tuesday Night. The food was very good and sushi was amazing. We had California Rolls, Spicy Tuna, Shrimp Tempura and salads. I would definetly go there again in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Sushi RiceMJW2Dined on 4/20/2014A friend in Wisconsin recommended it. He was right. We had sushi, tempura, sushi rice, wine,MJ and more - all terrific. And the location is perfect for after a theatre matinee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haru Sushi was funBarbaraLDined on 4/19/2014We all enjoyed our meal at Haru Sushi before going to the theatre. Our friends were late due to traffic and the wait staff were very accommodating and patient. They allowed our partial party to be seated before the others arrived. We were able to enjoy our meal and make it in time for the theatre. Prices are reasonable. The ambiance is noisy but we had a cozy table for 5 in a quieter corner of the restaurant. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now a sushi fanallaboutthefoodDined on 4/16/2014We reserved a table for dinner on out vacation because my son specifically wanted sushi and I wasn't going to someplace that wasn't reputable. I am very pleased I chose Haru Sushi. The atmosphere was energetic and the food was great! I've only had sushi a few times, but my son and his fiancee are fans of it. Well, I am now a fan also. Very well done and at a price that is reasonable(for NYC). Make reservations because it fills up quickly, but it is easy to see why.Special Features:
- Get past the ugly door and enjoyKatblueDined on 4/15/2014I've been pre theatre dining for years and never saw Haru. I know their delicious food from downtown. Food is still fab However- waiter didn't listen well - had to ask several times for many things And the tables are too close and loud. Great sushi - great pricing but not a laid back relaxing place
- Not what I anticipated.3boys1girlDined on 4/13/2014The pictures and description led me to believe this restaurant was somewhat chic. It was not. The wine selection is better at my grocery store and the people's attire was something I would expect to see at the ballpark. I never made it to the food. We left.
- Family of five. Great bookingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Family of five. Great booking service. Great location just off Times Sq. Good sashimi even the kids liked it! Large entrees which kids didn't manage to finish Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014Had a great time celebrating my daughter's birthday! Service was wonderful and food was great. First time visited and have already recommended to friends. Was disappointed only that I was not able to use birthday coupon but we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Hail to Haru!FoodwitchDined on 4/5/2014We were visiting from Chicago and this was the second time we had eaten there in 3 days! My daughter and I enjoyed an early dinner before a show on Thursday. Haru was highly recommended by our hotel concierge. The creativity as well as the presentation of our dishes was exceptional. When my husband got into town, we had to share this dining experience with him on Saturday. Says a lot about a restaurant when tourists to the Big Apple pick their establishment again when such variety is available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't forget to make a reservation!CynthiaDined on 4/4/2014This was our dinner stop on the way to see "The Realistic Joneses." We wanted to find a sushi place in the city comparable to our local gem. This is a place we will come back to again and again. Our waitress Diana was on the ball. Other staff were attentive. Rolls were delish to say the least.Special Features:
- Very rude hostessCotsenVIPDined on 4/3/2014The person that was receiving the persons was very rude. I was tempted to go and have lunch in another place because the way she treated me.