7920 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://harthrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037615131x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday-Friday, 6:30am - 11am (Breakfast Buffet until 10:30am);
BREAKFAST BUFFET: Saturday-Sunday, 7am - 1pm
BREAKFAST: Monday-Friday 6:30am-10:30am
LUNCH: Monday-Friday, 11:30am-2pm
DINNER: Monday-Saturday, 5pm-10pm
härth Lounge: Daily 3pm - 12am
From November 26 - December 1, harth will be closed for lunch and dinner, serving dinner in the bar. Harth will be serving a breakfast buffet only from 7am - 1pm on these dates.
From December 21 - January 4, harth will be closed for lunch and dinner, serving dinner in the bar. Harth will be serving a breakfast buffet only from 7am - 1pm on these dates.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Luc Dendievel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Daily specials on beverages and food in both harth restaurant and harth lounge.
A word from Härth
An abundance of fresh, locally grown and farm raised food is featured at Tysons Corner's newest and exciting restaurant, härth. Celebrating modern American food that brings a fresh and contemporary approach to dining. Chef Luc at harth restaurant orchestrates a menu of locally sourced ingredients from farms scattered throughout northern Virginia’s countryside. härth also has a terrace level garden and one of the best apairies in Northern Virginia, with 4 bee hives producing our own honey. The menu features wood fired flatbreads, comfort food favorites and our signature bacon jam. Enjoy our wine list and some of our new signature honey cocktails! härth also has a great semi-private dining space perfect for business or social events. Come meet our new chef and see what the "buzz" is all about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Härth reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (29)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (24)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Wonderful AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014Been here three times and every time the food is wonderful. Not a large menu but good selection and I've never had anybody dislike their meal. The draw is the modern fireplaces around the restaurant and nice décor that make this place a unique ambience. Nice outdoor patio for cool evenings with a fireplace. Highly recommend for a group or just two..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Tyson's/McLeanOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/17/2014This is a true gem of a restaurant in the beautifully renovated McLean Hilton. Stunning, great service, good drinks and always reliably fine food. The menu is small but choice and everything is fresh and prepared with premium ingredients.Special Features:
- Great food & atmosphere.eathealthy1Dined on 10/11/2014The atmosphere is soothing. Food was great. Service was friendly. A variety of menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014I was reluctant to make a reservation at a "hotel" restaurant, but since my friend was having her conference there it was a convenient place for our group of 6 ladies to meet for dinner. This decor at this place really sets the tone - beautifully modern with lots of natural stone but at the same time cozy. We had very attentive service but not intrusive. We stayed for over 4 hours catching up with each other and weren't rushed out the door. The food was delicious. We were rather tame - most of us ordered the flat bread pizzas. I'd say the prices and a bit high for the serving size, but not unexpected. I loved that we didn't have a hard time hearing each other. I will definitely be back - I feel like a discovered a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedniftyoasisDined on 10/7/2014The bread/sea salt butter/bacon jam is AMAZING, I would go back for that alone. The heirloom salad (heirloom tomato's were from the chef's personal garden!)was VERY good and the hearts of romaine salad was very tasty, not as garlic-y as I would want. I ordered the roasted celeriac soup and the chicken, and boy oh boy were both of those delish!I was hesitant about the soup but it wasn't heavy like other cream soups I have had. The chicken was even better the next day for lunch! For dessert we got the short cake and apple tart. You can clearly taste everything is made fresh and in house and it makes a difference. I can't wait for my next meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryDined on 10/4/2014The ambiance was very nice for an anniversary dinner. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful with meal choices and portions. The beat salad was excellent, the halibut was great, the fire roasted chicken was okay. The spinach garnishments on both main course were tasty and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014I was visiting the Hilton for a conference, and went to the resturant for a quite dinner alone. What a pleasant surprise, the reccomendations by the server were wonderful, and the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Don't like the bruch on SundayGreatfoodVIPDined on 9/21/2014Didn't like the first time Sunday brunch there, like the regular menu much better than brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mellieinvaDined on 9/20/2014I had dined at Harth a couple of years ago for lunch and remember it being very good. That is why I returned. The staff very nice and helpful. They had a large party that did compromise the service and the food. We waited a long time to order and for our food. It was a bit disappointing. I doubt we will go back
- What a Surprise across the RiverAuntieBeeVIPDined on 9/18/2014Now that the construction is completed in Tysons, three Marylanders decided to cross the river to try a HOTEL restaurant. Well, what a surprise! the food was amazing, the decor is too cool, love the high back chairs, the bacon jam with the bread is out of this world! What restaurant has its own beehives! This one and the honey vanilla ice cream is to die for! The waitress, Maria, could not have been nicer or more helpful. It was fun looking outside at the outdoor tables and indoors at the many gas fireplaces. This is a hidden gem worth the trip~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feast for the sensesEatcleanfoodDined on 9/11/2014We love Harth for its design, decor, food, creative chef, and attentive staff. The chef grows produce and produces honey on the rooftop and buys his meat from the same farm we patron at our local farmer's market. Food allergies are no issue here as many of the ingredients are fresh whole food and can be tailored to suit. The chef has managed this during many of our visits and the meal is flavorful and surprising every time. This staff is one of the best I have ever seen at remembering repeat customers and small details about your last visit. Dining at Harth has a contemporary spa-like feel - as many marble and glass fireplaces line the walls featuring translucent onyx, set against glass, birch wood and cherry. Best enjoyed after dark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food; great service!FoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014you must ask for Khadija. She is amazing. She knew her food and wine so well and helped steer us. She was so friendly, that she made our night. There were a few shining moments among decent food. Summary: noting was bad, a few dishes were fantastic and the serve was amazing! Only complaint was our butterscotch pudding came out tepid and we had to send it back and it was just lukewarm. (it was late and we guessed the kitchen had shut down?) We have had it before so it is normally great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the eveningmccunetsDined on 9/6/2014Took some friends to Harth for a birthday dinner, everything was wonderful, particularly the beet salad and scallops. Desserts were also great.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchSunnyDined on 8/31/2014We wanted a quiet place where we could talk for Sunday Brunch. Harth provides an elegant setting, and it is quiet. Sunday Brunch turned out to be a buffet breakfast rather than brunch. We were happy with the food, but expected a bit more variety as it is billed as brunch. The menu lists a Continental and Complete We were automatically billed for Complete even though one of us had Continental. It was quickly corrected. One warning - the bar does not open until 11:30. So, if yo want a Bloody Mary or Mimosa go elsewhere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- tritomTriTomDined on 8/30/2014Food very uneven. Scallops excellent; halibut fresh but bland; steak not cooked to order; homemade spread for bread fabulous!
- great lunch spot in TysonsnitsirKDined on 8/28/2014Take a client, or your coworkers. You can talk without yelling. Food is fresh, not filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overpricedFoodster2000Dined on 8/24/2014We paid $24 for a brunch if pre-made scrambled eggs, lots of breads, cereal, etc. At that price, I expect a carving station, eggs Benedict, etc. Supreme ripoff.
- Perfect for LunchPowerCoupleDined on 8/21/2014The food was great, service was quick...great for busy professionalsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, a fabulous experienceBobbieDined on 8/15/2014Dinner this week at Harth was amazing. We sat outside and the weather was perfect. The restaurant featured special menus for restaurant week and we chose this as our option. From the first spoon of gazpacho to the flat iron steak, perfectly seasoned and cooked to the chocolate cupcake, it proved again why this restaurant is such a gem. Bravo, bravo!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food.JbrandcwrDined on 8/9/2014It was a great evening with wonderful food, good wine and fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WEEKEND BREAKFAST BUFFET OVERPRICEDDEBBIEVIPDined on 8/9/2014I have been a Hilton Honors member for many years and have visited HARTH before. Lovely design and ambience. I returned last Saturday morning to treat my family to a "special" breakfast and found that the previous breakfast menu is not served on the weekends.The breakfast buffet was $24!!! This was pretty much the only option. One could order some breads or fruit or perhaps cereal a la carte. We all opted for the buffet. Potatoes were barely warm and dried out. Scrambled eggs were in one LUMP in the Le Creuset pan. Bacon had some residue or edge that was like glass..strange. For that price, one would expect an omlette or waffle station (AT LEAST!) I did not want to make a complaint in front of my family,but I will surely never return.
- Amazing place tucked in a HiltonNawlinsDined on 8/6/2014First thing you notice - the contemporary beautiful space. Very appealing, classy, great place to meet for lunch. The food overall was top notch - but really pricey. The menu is limited if you don't want a flatbread. I had a chicken breast over chard....perfectly cooked and seasoned. But I was still hungry after this $19 small lunch. My friend ordered the butterscotch pudding for dessert. Wow! It comes warm in a little sauce pan with a side of pound cake cubes and also whipped cream. Plenty for two. Great presentation and creamy richness. There is also a nice patio for outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great SpotRaymondDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant was one that I am sure to return to. I loved the ambiance and the service and was impressed to see the menu have such a diverse selection of foods to eat. The staff was very professional and the food was tasty! I wish the serving was a bit larger, because for the cost of the meal, I didn't feel there was enough food served. Overall, it was a great restaurant and earned my return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodwaltVIPDined on 8/2/2014Been to Harth a few times and have never really been disappointed with the food. It's consistently very good. The decor is very beautiful and even in the summer, I enjoy seeing the fireplaces lit. We unfortunately sat next to two unsupervised tweens, one of whom thought it was perfectly okay to begin Facetiming with someone as if she wasn't in a quiet restaurant! We asked to move and the staff happily did. The menu changes a bit seasonally which is great for frequent visitors like myself. And of course the bacon jam and black salted butter are not to be missed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful experienceamiesVIPDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant does not serve lunch on Saturday. The restaurant stops serving at 1 pm. The only option is a breakfast brunch which does not include omelettes-not available a la carte or with the buffet which is very basic and certainly not worth $25 per person. This experience was an outrage and to make matters worse the waiter who can barely speak English was cleaning the floor with a broom while we were eating. My advice: Stay away!
- Tasteful!JananBVIPDined on 7/21/2014Modern and vey classy decor, easy free parking, and a decent menu. I had a chilled zucchini soup, with a surprise of popcorn in it! Excellent for lunch...Special Features:
- EXCELLENTLadwickDined on 7/20/2014Excellent for brunch! The ambiance was great and the food and service was exceptional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Lunch was very good. Service also. Continue to enjoy this restarurantSpecial Features:
- Wonderful...a great find in Tysons!CobraADined on 7/14/2014A lovely evening indeed. Superior Service, delicious dishes, and marvelous ambience were well worth the effort required to find this gem in Tyson's. The applewood bacon jam and breads will being me back but the service was the biggest highlight. Our server was friendly, extremely knowledgeable, and catered to our every need...and we were a challenging (and irreverent) group of 6 with (not one but) 2 birthdays!! The hearths were an extra bonus--even in summer. Our server, Khadijah, figured us out from the beginning and was exceptionally helpful in answering questions and suggestion options. We'll be back because of her professional and attentive approach....the food & ambiance were a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Step UpLeftHungryVIPDined on 7/3/2014The service here can be uneven, but tonight was great. Bacon jam never ceases to amaze and the flatbreads are great. I have a general compalint about potato in any dish--it is a flavorless starch which can be made tasty with great technique (e.g. a teice fried french fry, or hash browns cooked long enough with onions). But when it is thrown into any main dish, it is just filler no flavor. This restaurant throws it into too many dishes as in my scallops with potato, corn and mushrooms. Bump up the corn cream, make a hash of corn and mushhroom without the potato and this dish would have been killer. But this plating skimps on the corn and mushrooms (they are an accent) and features the tasteless potato. It detracted from the scallops.Special Features:
- The following 554 reviews are from the Härth reviews archive.
- Lunch TimeDannyVIPDined on 7/2/2014Met a friend for lunch here and what a great lunch it was. I ordered a flatbread for lunch with mushrooms.... so so good. Setting was great. Service was not as attentive as other occasion where I have dined here. Still a must go. Thanks Harth!Special Features:
- Perfect BirthdayPleasedBoyfriendDined on 6/28/2014Wow. Very impressed. Quite surprised at how empty it was for a Saturday night! I wanted to take my GF somewhere amazing for her birthday. One of her friends recommended Harth. I made the reservation on "Opentable" which was pretty easy. When I realized we would not make our 6:45 reservation, it was very easy to update the res. for 7:15. Our server, Amy, was wonderful! My girlfriend's Love Language is Quality Time, so we asked if we could linger. Amy brought us Hilton's home-made Honey (they have their own bee-hive on the roof) mixed drink and cucumber cooler. The cooler was a bit salty for my taste, but my girlfriend loved it. We mostly enjoyed beautiful and exquisite food and fabulous ambience. The Duck melted in my mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedluvorganicfoodDined on 6/28/2014I really don't want you to post this. But I did not realize that you don't serve lunch on Saturday, and I planned a birthday lunch for 3 ladies. We ended up going to another restaurant, once we arrived and found out that you weren't serving lunch. I typically don't eat pizza, but would have even ordered the flatbread if that had been available. Otherwise, I love the food at Harth when I have been there for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything great but the prices....BobtVIPDined on 6/27/2014Sat outside on a beautiful Friday evening. Server was friendly & helpful, gave us time when we wanted to enjoy our cocktail. Food was very good, however the prices are high and the portions small. Examples - Ketel one martini was $16 but glasses were only about 2/3 full. If I am going to pay that much for 1 drink, just fill the glass! Other example - grilled diver scallops were excellent, but 3 scallops for $32 seems unreasonable - a 4th scallop would have been great. Our wives seemed ok with portions (they are both petite), but when 2 normal sized husbands are looking for bread after apps & main course, that should tell you something. Have been here numerous times, but not sure when we will return.
- Harth: A beautiful, Delicious findFoodsnob007Dined on 6/25/2014My family and I have been eating at Harth for a year now and I have brought my girlfriends to dine there for lunches and they have enjoyed the experience. I've lived in Los Angeles for many years and this restaurant would fit right in there. First off, it looks like a west coast restaurant and the food has excellent presentation ( which is important to me) and is delicious. The desserts are equally delicious. The staff is attentive and very knowledgeable. I look forward to my next meal at Harth.....:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurant!LuciaDined on 6/15/2014Food is good, service is excellent, interior is modern and unusual! Good place for every occasion!Special Features:
- Ambiance and good foodEatOutRarelyVIPDined on 5/30/2014Harth is a beautifully modern restaurant. I loved sitting next to the warmth of one of their many gas fireplaces. The barbecue shrimp appetizer was spectacular. Huge shrimp sitting atop a fantastic corn and black bean salsa. My main course was the scallop risotto. Finally, a risotto cooked well and the scallops were perfectly seasoned and cooked. Loved it. Our server Maria was very helpful, she actually recommended my cocktail and main course. Both good recommendations. I would definitely go back to Harth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new experienceDrKitchenDined on 5/17/2014Eating at the Hyatt was a new experience for me. I did not expect the fabulous service and food. Would definitely go back againSpecial Features:
- Great food but overpriced/expensiveLydia73VIPDined on 5/15/2014Great options for gluten free. The meal from start to finish was beautifully presented and delicious. Our waitress (Lidia) was amazing. But $18.50 for a lunch salad is ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!lainDined on 5/14/2014Great place for a professional lunch or dinner....or quiet evening with a friend/spouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.