Harry's Seafood Grill
101 South Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Harry's Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrysseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 3027771500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Lee Banks, CEC, AAC
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry's Fish Market + Grill, adjacent to Harry's Seafood Grill, is available to cater your office or personal breakfast and lunch. Contact our Management Team for more information.
Entertainment We offer live acoustic entertainment from 6-8PM every Wednesday night during the summer. Come join us on our patio!
A word from Harry's Seafood Grill
Harry's Seafood Grill is a causal, upscale seafood eatery & a hot spot on the river. Adjacent to the Riverwalk, Harry's Seafood Grill has become THE place for lunch, dinner, cocktails, and late night in the City of Wilmington. The chic atmosphere, fresh raw bar, award-winning crab cakes, outstanding lobsters, and other imaginatively prepared seafood, great martinis, and 50 wines by the glass are some of the keys to an exciting experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harry's Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Harry's Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (115)scenic view (96)special occasion (88)fit for foodies (72)vibrant bar scene (43)romantic (41)great for lunch (35)notable wine list (34)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (33)hot spot (26)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)Show More
- Great restaurantTzippiBenSDined on 10/12/2014Incredibly fresh seafood. Great service. Going prices for fresh seafood. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cubabrunchfan24Dined on 10/11/2014This was a lovely restaurant and the ceviche was devine. My only food not Stella was the Sirachi Mashed Potatos SEAFOOD perfection. I will definately be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SeafoodBradVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great variety of fresh seafood in a nice location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/11/2014Lunch was terrific and Bruce, our server, was attentive and helpful. Very nice atmosphere and a great view! The menu changes every day and there is a great variety. The seafood is really fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great river viewDEdinerVIPDined on 10/10/2014It was rainy, therefore not a great time for eating outdoors. We enjoyed the food and the view from a nice little booth near the bar and the window outside. It is always a treat to take visitors to this place. We both had lobster--me the salad and my friend the roll. We were both pleased with the food and the service. It was 12:30, but quiet for a Friday lunch.Special Features:
- JBroVIPDined on 10/8/2014Great location for local business people to host dinner or lunch!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014The meal started with a light, tasty spinach salad. The dressing was light and very delicious. The salmon and rainbow trout on a bed of wild rice were done just right and the portions were ample for the 2 of us. the background music was a light loud, but not sure if this is the normal sound level for the bar. The main dining area may have been quieter and more scenic.Special Features:
- Overall very goodKCCoupleDined on 10/5/2014The food was very good, although I thought it was strange that I had to ask for melted butter and lemon for the grilled shrimp I had with my filet. My firiend had the choppino and said it was delicious. The broth was excellent! Ther server was good but could have been a little more attentive. The place was quite noisy.Special Features:
- luvuguysDined on 10/4/2014I ordered flowers & I was the hit of the night with having my Wife's birthday dinner with your establishment. It could not have been any better in any way but you should try to couple in a bakery for birthday cakes so I would have nothing to do but push buttons. Just kidding it was fantastic. Thanks to everyone there. Jim MarshSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryCodypecoDined on 10/4/2014Service was mediocre at these prices, I should not have to wait more than 5 minutes for a glass of wine! My meal was well prepared and very tasty however again at top dollar I felt stunted on my filet that looked like the half of a butterflied filet and the surf in turf in turf were a measly 3 shrimp! The final jab was getting a happy birthday written in caramel on our dessert plate when in fact it was our anniversary. I noted that on the open table reservation! So much for upscale!Special Features:
- A great choice!DianeVIPDined on 10/3/2014The four of us immensely enjoyed our various seafood dinners, and the white wine flight was a hit, as it gave each of us a chance to try different ones with different parts of our meal. Our server was very attentive and we couldn't of asked for more, except for a little more cooperation from the weather which made it a better choice to sit inside. Harry's outdoor dining space is lovely and we had hoped to enjoy that for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodGoodfoodDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed our dinner. A bit pricey for the amount of food. But everything was pepared weel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightLeftyDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I went Harry's before the theater. Timing was perfect service and food were very good!!Special Features:
- Seafood At Its BestwindyDined on 10/2/2014Pricey but if you can say that any high-priced eatery is worth it, this may be it. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- request forgottenMarciaDined on 9/27/2014They came to the table and asked if we wanted more bread, we said yes and more water please. They never came. We did mention it when they came back to check how our meal was. They gave us free dessert and we did receive several appoligizes.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodQualityEnablerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Always reliable, Harry's came through again with a fabulous dinner for the four of us.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent!RudyDeDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner outside on Saturday evening. We were going to the theatre and our waiter was watching the clock for us so we could relax and enjoy a delicious meal. He timed it so well we had time for delicious deserts too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SeafoodSnoopyDined on 9/26/2014we had the lobster rolls and they are usia;;y a lunch time item but they were happy to accommodate us at an early dinner. The rolls and chock full of big lumps of lobster and really delicious . My companion and I are lobster fans and really enjoyed them. They come with crisp potato chips which are not good for you but sure taste good. We had an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Marvelous Pre-Matinee LunchMaryLDined on 9/24/2014We were warmly welcomed back for the lunch prior to our first Wednesday matinee of the 2014-15 season at Delaware Theater Co, seated immediately, James our server remembered our names from other times that he served us, reviewed changes since our last visit, offered recommendations based on previous times, anticipated and answered questions for the 7 of us all with the warmest smile coupled with a gentle demeanor. The food was wonderful, every dish was as promised, all served at the right temperature at the same time. The sautéed croaker and the blackened scallop cobb salad were excellent. Each dessert was delectable especially fond of the very berry martini with the freshest of berries and homemade whipped cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealsrrauschDined on 9/23/2014We continue to dine at Harry's Seafood Grill for special occasions. Again we were not disappointed with an excellent meal for my daughter's birthday. All the food items were well prepared and tasty, the waiter's skill added to the meal by offering good advice and being there when we needed him but not interfering with the birthday celebration. We'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dining experienceJuleDined on 9/23/2014We all enjoyed our dinners. All fish dishes were well prepared! Our server was excellent, very personable and accommodating! I would have liked to sit outside,but it was too chilly. The noise inside made hearing across the table a little difficult. I would recommend candles or lower table lighting to make the ambiance more romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMimiDined on 9/22/2014Harry's Seafood Grill has always been a favorite, however we were disappointed this last visit. Although the restaurant was not crowded, service was slow. My fish was over done and dry and came without the poblano crema and pickled jalopenos as described on the menu. My husband's crabcake dinner was bland and lacking the usual accompaniments. We hope that it was just an off night. It would be sad to lose one of our tried and true favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotFromDEDined on 9/20/2014We went to your restaurant because the advertisements were so enticing. We invited my daughter & her husband to join us. Had a great booth in the corner, so we were able to drown out the noise and it was as if we had our own little corner of the "world." Service was great & very friendly. Enjoyed the food very much. BIG problem was directions were horrible & drove around & around until my daughter saw our car. We managed to find their car so followed them. Hostess on the telephone was trying to be helpful but could not get us there. Extremely frustrating!!!! You need to somehow put definite directions on line. So, I don't know if we would go back because it was so difficult to find Harry's Seafood Grill. We did enjoy our dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's Seafood GrillwwxbeeDined on 9/17/2014Live downstate, so I don't make it there near enough. Six of us for dinner. Great time and a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Anniversary DinnerR1cksterDined on 9/17/2014Arrived to be welcomed to a pleasant outdoor table on the patio with a nice view of the river. I felt the table was per my request - something intimate. The service was prompt asking if we cared for drinks, menus, etc. Initially service was overbearing and then fell off just before food came. I had wanted to order a bottle of wine to go with dinner but wasn't asked, and server was MIA. I finally flagged down another server for the wine but by the time the wine came the food had been there for a while. Later things got a little better because I think the server I flagged down understood I wasn't thrilled. Food was great and drinks too. Dessert was good as well. Definitely a great place and love it, just a bit of a hiccup on the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish LoversJohnDined on 9/13/2014If you want creatively prepared fresh fish, Harry's is your place. Menu has mostly original options with a few traditional standbys.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantSeafoodloverDined on 9/13/2014Harry's has long been my favorite restaurant. Due to a life situation, I had not been there for a few months. I found the experience was not what I remembered it to be. The clams were outstanding for a starter, but both of our main dishes were almost greasy. Desert was very good. We were just slightly disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just good tonightFinedinerDined on 9/12/2014Visited here for restaurant week and have been here before. Usually excellent food. Not so impressed with the restaurant week food. We checked out the menu online before going and one of the two offered dinner choices was changed to a different fish. I'm sure there was a good reason, just not as impressed with drum fish, it's very tough. The shrimp dish served three shrimp, one was undercooked. We were there on a Friday and the bar was jumping and fun. We just wished they had put a little more into the restaurant week menu dishes. We brought someone along who had never been there before and it was a bit disappointing. The past couple of times we visited before this visit, the servers are attentive but not very friendly.Special Features:
- Unexpected delightAKM77Dined on 9/11/2014We'd never been to Harry' Seafood, but we had a gift card, so we thought we'd give it a shot. Over many years we'd b en to Harry's Savoy on Naaman Road, quite close to where we live, and found it unremarkable. So we were quite surprised and delighted to find that Harry's Seafood had much better ambiance, delicious, well-prepared food, and really excellent service. And what a nice setting, to boot.Special Features:
- Pricey but just OK foodlive2eatDined on 9/10/2014Looks like a fun place, but the food was just OK, definitely not on par for the price. Did not try the drinks, but it looks like they would be good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Food, particularly the crabcakes and seafood nachos, were disappointing for the price point. Crabcake was overcooked on the outside (black charred) and had more tasteless filling than crab meat. Have had much better experiences at this restaurant than we had during this most recent visit. I hope this was just an off night because this restaurant has been a favorite-- but the food was so off that I would no longer consider this restaurant at the top of my list for future dinners.
- djs1972ScubaDaveDined on 9/5/2014This was our first visit and though it was a little bit hard to find we certainly enjoyed it once we got there. We ate on the patio overlooking the river and it was quite nice to see all the activity going on around us. our server, Daniel couldn't have been more fun and certainly good at his job. We had a good time and will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Foodsnob51Dined on 9/4/2014We dined with a friend who has numerous food allergies. The waiter and chef were extremely accommodating to her request for specific preparation of her meal. The service was wonderful and the food delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience As Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/1/2014We have always had a great dining experience at Harry's Seafood. The seafood is wonderful (fresh and well prepared), our server was pleasant, professional and attentive and the ambiance is top notch (great decor and a view of the Riverfront if dining outside). We will return soon!Special Features:
- Best seafood in DelawareLindaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great crab cakes and rock fish dinners. Highly recommend. Will return if in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedDined on 8/30/2014This was our second visit and everything was great till dessert. My warm apple crisp w/ vanilla gelato came out refrigerator cold and then when it was returned it was so hot that I couldn't eat it and the gelato was melting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItDiningDianaDined on 8/29/2014The food and the service were great and the ambiance was fun and energetic. I particularly liked being able to order half portions of two separate entrees at about half price each so I didn't have to choose between two great options.Special Features:
- wonderful findsnipsVIPDined on 8/29/2014We were visiting the area and found Harry's on Open Table. Great spot - although it was a little hard to find using Google Maps on phone. We were promptly seated at a very nice table overlooking the river and river walk. We both enjoyed our meal of crab cakes and the crab and artichoke appetizer. If we lived in the area we would want to visit regular. We highly recommend Harry's Seafood and Grill to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMelindaDined on 8/28/2014Good atmosphere, good food. The Seafood nachos are a great appetizer! The half-off oysters are amazing, if you can find the seating at the bar to get them.Special Features:
- Great DinnerCliffDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful meal and the service was great. Harry's was a very welcoming place.Special Features: