Harry's Seafood Grill
101 South Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Harry's Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrysseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 3027771500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Lee Banks, CEC, AAC
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry's Fish Market + Grill, adjacent to Harry's Seafood Grill, is available to cater your office or personal breakfast and lunch. Contact our Management Team for more information.
Entertainment We offer live acoustic entertainment from 6-8PM every Wednesday night during the summer. Come join us on our patio!
A word from Harry's Seafood Grill
Harry's Seafood Grill is a causal, upscale seafood eatery & a hot spot on the river. Adjacent to the Riverwalk, Harry's Seafood Grill has become THE place for lunch, dinner, cocktails, and late night in the City of Wilmington. The chic atmosphere, fresh raw bar, award-winning crab cakes, outstanding lobsters, and other imaginatively prepared seafood, great martinis, and 50 wines by the glass are some of the keys to an exciting experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Harry's Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Harry's Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (111)scenic view (107)special occasion (88)fit for foodies (73)vibrant bar scene (40)notable wine list (36)romantic (35)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (26)hot spot (20)great for brunch (19)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Fish LoversJohnDined on 9/13/2014If you want creatively prepared fresh fish, Harry's is your place. Menu has mostly original options with a few traditional standbys.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/13/2014Harry's has long been my favorite restaurant. Due to a life situation, I had not been there for a few months. I found the experience was not what I remembered it to be. The clams were outstanding for a starter, but both of our main dishes were almost greasy. Desert was very good. We were just slightly disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but just OK foodlive2eatDined on 9/10/2014Looks like a fun place, but the food was just OK, definitely not on par for the price. Did not try the drinks, but it looks like they would be good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Food, particularly the crabcakes and seafood nachos, were disappointing for the price point. Crabcake was overcooked on the outside (black charred) and had more tasteless filling than crab meat. Have had much better experiences at this restaurant than we had during this most recent visit. I hope this was just an off night because this restaurant has been a favorite-- but the food was so off that I would no longer consider this restaurant at the top of my list for future dinners.
- djs1972ScubaDaveDined on 9/5/2014This was our first visit and though it was a little bit hard to find we certainly enjoyed it once we got there. We ate on the patio overlooking the river and it was quite nice to see all the activity going on around us. our server, Daniel couldn't have been more fun and certainly good at his job. We had a good time and will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Foodsnob51Dined on 9/4/2014We dined with a friend who has numerous food allergies. The waiter and chef were extremely accommodating to her request for specific preparation of her meal. The service was wonderful and the food delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience As Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/1/2014We have always had a great dining experience at Harry's Seafood. The seafood is wonderful (fresh and well prepared), our server was pleasant, professional and attentive and the ambiance is top notch (great decor and a view of the Riverfront if dining outside). We will return soon!Special Features:
- Best seafood in DelawareLindaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great crab cakes and rock fish dinners. Highly recommend. Will return if in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedDined on 8/30/2014This was our second visit and everything was great till dessert. My warm apple crisp w/ vanilla gelato came out refrigerator cold and then when it was returned it was so hot that I couldn't eat it and the gelato was melting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItDiningDianaDined on 8/29/2014The food and the service were great and the ambiance was fun and energetic. I particularly liked being able to order half portions of two separate entrees at about half price each so I didn't have to choose between two great options.Special Features:
- wonderful findsnipsVIPDined on 8/29/2014We were visiting the area and found Harry's on Open Table. Great spot - although it was a little hard to find using Google Maps on phone. We were promptly seated at a very nice table overlooking the river and river walk. We both enjoyed our meal of crab cakes and the crab and artichoke appetizer. If we lived in the area we would want to visit regular. We highly recommend Harry's Seafood and Grill to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMelindaDined on 8/28/2014Good atmosphere, good food. The Seafood nachos are a great appetizer! The half-off oysters are amazing, if you can find the seating at the bar to get them.Special Features:
- Great DinnerCliffDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful meal and the service was great. Harry's was a very welcoming place.Special Features:
- Wonderful DiningtingoldVIPDined on 8/18/2014People in the Wilmington area know about the wonders of Harry's but those traveling along I-95 should know that it's only a five-minute detour to have a great lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We were seated ahead of time, service and food were great.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went for our wedding anniversary and we had a wonderful time! The food was delicious and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough choices!2vivaciousduffersDined on 8/15/2014Great to take non-residents for a seafood experience using only the freshest available. As usual, difficult to choose from a menu loaded with choices. Took us extra long just to decide what to order! Ceviche sampler is a repeated favorite and never fails to please. Same with Thai crab salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood date nightSkippy9842Dined on 8/14/2014Best softshell crabs we've found all summer. Oysters and sushi were of exceptional quality. Wish they had docking so we could boat in.Special Features:
- Exceptional Experience!DEReneDined on 8/13/2014We went to Harry's Seafood Grill to celebrate my birthday. Everything was perfect. We sat outside on a lovely night and had a wonderful view of the water way. We went mid-week and it was easier to get an outside table. The service was spectacular. Our waiter was attentive, seemed to always know if we needed anything, and was very professional. The food was prepared beautifully with great attention to detail. All of our food looked beautiful (I am always impressed with presentation) and tasted even better. Fresh, seasoned well, and at the right temperature. The timing was impeccable. I really hate when you are still enjoying the appetizer and the entree arrives. Not here, perfect timing, no rushing through a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Had lunch and it was just ok. Calamari app was great! Mixed grill entre was blah. Service was great and the restaurant is in a great location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb settingWalterHardingDined on 8/11/2014We had a great table on the river and out side. The service was seamless and the food superb!Special Features:
- Harry's Seafood Grill2heartsasoneDined on 8/9/2014The meal was delicous fromthe artichoke & crab dip appetizers, our salads, I had wonderful surf and turf meal: steak was perfect, and the shrimp were large and cooked perfectly. My husband the scallop entree which he truly enjoyed. We complimented our meal with lovely sweet wine. We sat outside and we're treated to opening of drawbridge so tourist ship could pass by. We will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RetireeWillbebackDined on 8/9/2014Excellent crab cakes. We were a party of four. All enjoyed their dinner selection. Will certainly schedule a return engagement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eventSheldonDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed everything we ordered from cocktails to desserts. The outdoor seating was very comfortable and scenic but we look forward to returning to dine indoors as well. Our entres, scallops, lobster and surf and turf, were delicious. Our waiter, James , was patient and accommodating with our group of 5. We would recommend Harry's Seafood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very mediocreWilmDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food is mediocre and overpriced. We will not return. Food at Harry's Savoy is much better.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor DinefoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Four of us enjoyed dinner here last Saturday. My 4 scallops were excellent. Two of us had the crab cakes, which had outstanding flavor with little to no filler. I'll get them next time! The sangria was very weak in flavor and I won't get it again, but my husband and I enjoyed the wine sampler.Special Features:
- Not Quite Very GoodKiddoDined on 8/8/2014The food was very tasty -- we had the Brazilian catfish and the grilled Salmon. Go if you are celebrating a special occasion, or want to impress a date. You'll find very high prices and small portions; eat something before you go. The greeting and service were indifferent and the focus seemed to be on the busy bar and outdoor deck instead of our lonely inside table. We had to wait over 20 minutes for a cheese plate for dessert. This was an OK meal but not particularly good value and I expected more food and better service. I will let Harry's survive without our sedate family visits as it further evolves into a hot nightspot for the growing young urban Riverfront crowd.Special Features:
- Never disappointsKDNov12Dined on 8/3/2014My husband and I have dined here on a few special occasions and have never had a bad meal or service. This most recent visit was on a Sunday evening so the restaurant was less crowded than the other times we went, so a little quieter, which was nice. Scallop & poblano ceviche was great as always and my husband said his oysters were "melt-in your mouth" delicious. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. Definitely a place we will visit again for a special occasion, prices do not lead for a every week visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetsmoDined on 8/2/2014Harrys has a great bar and the outdoor seating is scenic. Our waitress was nice and friendly, and answered all our questions about the different fish on the menu. Our food was good, although my steamed shrimp was fresh and tasty, it was seasoned with way too much old bay and saltSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!ChooseyOneDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant has been a favorite of ours for years but this latest visit was a curve ball. Dishes we have had before were not prepared quite as well & our waitress seemed better suited to diner than an upscale establishment. There were far too many empty tables for a Friday night and the atmosphere was morose. My husband said the restroom was dirty. It was really a bummer and I'm hoping it was just an off night and not the new norm.
- LUCKY FINDdisappointedVIPDined on 7/30/2014Thanks to our friends on the internet we found Harry's and enjoyed a lovely, delicious and hearty seafood dinner. Generous portion of softshell crabs, perfectly prepared and presented. Fresh oysters and good martini. I'm in hog heaven or should I say, angelfish heaven???? Why should I be disappointed????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealRunningSapDined on 7/29/2014Excellent food. Got a table outside on a perfect night. Stayed with the Ahi Tuna. Always excellent. Gelato for dessert. Dessert menu lacking, but I come here for the seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findBmoredinerVIPDined on 7/27/2014Picked this restaurant off of Open Table after visiting Winterthur, what a great find. Perfect cocktails, fresh, delicious seafood and a very nice setting on the water. A little noisy inside but it is a pretty big space. Glad we took a chance on something new-would love to come back if we're ever in the area again! Outside dining was overlooking the river and would have been a lovely choice if the weather was a little cooler(90degrees out!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014As always food, drinks, service were excellent. Perfect weather For eating outside made the experience A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but tastyTonyMacDined on 7/19/2014The food was served fresh and very well prepared. You have the ability to have the food tailored to your particular taste. All the seafood is caught within 24 hour before being brought to your table. The menu is always changing depending on the seafood available that day. The portion size is generous. The salmon was on the petite side and a bit over cooked. The waiter was very attentive. Great place to go for a first date or a special occasion, During the summer months definitely worth waiting to dine outside,Special Features:
- BobPDined on 7/19/2014Very friendly staff and always a good selection of fresh seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rabbit Really!!!!not2happyDined on 7/18/2014I was accompanied by two seafood lovers and the selection of the restaurant was a no brainer - I however did think there might be a better selection of non fish items. Rabbit is a non selection and pricing half of a chicken breast at $30. is obscene. I opted for the Petite Steak and 4 Shrimp. It was accompanied with "French toast" and 4 strips of tough asparagras. The steak also had melted cheese of some variety which was greyish in color accompanied by a berry and onion "relish". The price of $42.95 was ridiculous even for an upscale restaurant. I do not think I will be coming back to Harry's at the Waterfront. Did I mention we were celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary? Needless to say we will celebrate our 56th at Harry's.Special Features:
- Harry's Seafood and GrillmarbrowDined on 7/17/2014I enjoyed the surf and turf. The crab cake was perfect without a sauce. The steak was thinner than expected but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night dinner!DecatladyDined on 7/16/2014The wine selection is superb! Appetizers are generous enough to share, salads were very fresh and the entre was cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time aroundfoodieDined on 7/13/2014I have to say that my experience this time was not as good as last year. Perhaps it was the choices on the menu, what happened to US fish???..there were fish on the menu that i had never heard of and i am pretty familiar with fish. The scallops were local and very good, but pricey and skimpy. Other members of the party had soft shell crabs that were meaty, but sauteed in a sauce that was too spicy....it did not say that they were in a spicy sauce. Slaw was spicy, too. Clams for the appetizer were very good, but broth was too salty. Desserts had no in season fruity style desserts.....apple crisp was mostly crisp.Special Features: