Harry's Seafood Grill
101 South Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Harry's Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrysseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 3027771500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Lee Banks, CEC, AAC
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry's Fish Market + Grill, adjacent to Harry's Seafood Grill, is available to cater your office or personal breakfast and lunch. Contact our Management Team for more information.
Entertainment We offer live acoustic entertainment from 6-8PM every Wednesday night during the summer. Come join us on our patio!
A word from Harry's Seafood Grill
Harry's Seafood Grill is a causal, upscale seafood eatery & a hot spot on the river. Adjacent to the Riverwalk, Harry's Seafood Grill has become THE place for lunch, dinner, cocktails, and late night in the City of Wilmington. The chic atmosphere, fresh raw bar, award-winning crab cakes, outstanding lobsters, and other imaginatively prepared seafood, great martinis, and 50 wines by the glass are some of the keys to an exciting experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Harry's Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Harry's Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (115)scenic view (108)special occasion (95)fit for foodies (74)vibrant bar scene (44)romantic (40)great for lunch (40)notable wine list (40)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (23)great for brunch (22)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- Great DinnerCliffDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful meal and the service was great. Harry's was a very welcoming place.Special Features:
- Wonderful DiningtingoldVIPDined on 8/18/2014People in the Wilmington area know about the wonders of Harry's but those traveling along I-95 should know that it's only a five-minute detour to have a great lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We were seated ahead of time, service and food were great.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went for our wedding anniversary and we had a wonderful time! The food was delicious and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough choices!2vivaciousduffersDined on 8/15/2014Great to take non-residents for a seafood experience using only the freshest available. As usual, difficult to choose from a menu loaded with choices. Took us extra long just to decide what to order! Ceviche sampler is a repeated favorite and never fails to please. Same with Thai crab salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood date nightSkippy9842Dined on 8/14/2014Best softshell crabs we've found all summer. Oysters and sushi were of exceptional quality. Wish they had docking so we could boat in.Special Features:
- Exceptional Experience!DEReneDined on 8/13/2014We went to Harry's Seafood Grill to celebrate my birthday. Everything was perfect. We sat outside on a lovely night and had a wonderful view of the water way. We went mid-week and it was easier to get an outside table. The service was spectacular. Our waiter was attentive, seemed to always know if we needed anything, and was very professional. The food was prepared beautifully with great attention to detail. All of our food looked beautiful (I am always impressed with presentation) and tasted even better. Fresh, seasoned well, and at the right temperature. The timing was impeccable. I really hate when you are still enjoying the appetizer and the entree arrives. Not here, perfect timing, no rushing through a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Had lunch and it was just ok. Calamari app was great! Mixed grill entre was blah. Service was great and the restaurant is in a great location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb settingWalterHardingDined on 8/11/2014We had a great table on the river and out side. The service was seamless and the food superb!Special Features:
- Harry's Seafood Grill2heartsasoneDined on 8/9/2014The meal was delicous fromthe artichoke & crab dip appetizers, our salads, I had wonderful surf and turf meal: steak was perfect, and the shrimp were large and cooked perfectly. My husband the scallop entree which he truly enjoyed. We complimented our meal with lovely sweet wine. We sat outside and we're treated to opening of drawbridge so tourist ship could pass by. We will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RetireeWillbebackDined on 8/9/2014Excellent crab cakes. We were a party of four. All enjoyed their dinner selection. Will certainly schedule a return engagement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eventSheldonDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed everything we ordered from cocktails to desserts. The outdoor seating was very comfortable and scenic but we look forward to returning to dine indoors as well. Our entres, scallops, lobster and surf and turf, were delicious. Our waiter, James , was patient and accommodating with our group of 5. We would recommend Harry's Seafood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very mediocreWilmDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food is mediocre and overpriced. We will not return. Food at Harry's Savoy is much better.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor DinefoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Four of us enjoyed dinner here last Saturday. My 4 scallops were excellent. Two of us had the crab cakes, which had outstanding flavor with little to no filler. I'll get them next time! The sangria was very weak in flavor and I won't get it again, but my husband and I enjoyed the wine sampler.Special Features:
- Not Quite Very GoodKiddoDined on 8/8/2014The food was very tasty -- we had the Brazilian catfish and the grilled Salmon. Go if you are celebrating a special occasion, or want to impress a date. You'll find very high prices and small portions; eat something before you go. The greeting and service were indifferent and the focus seemed to be on the busy bar and outdoor deck instead of our lonely inside table. We had to wait over 20 minutes for a cheese plate for dessert. This was an OK meal but not particularly good value and I expected more food and better service. I will let Harry's survive without our sedate family visits as it further evolves into a hot nightspot for the growing young urban Riverfront crowd.Special Features:
- Never disappointsKDNov12Dined on 8/3/2014My husband and I have dined here on a few special occasions and have never had a bad meal or service. This most recent visit was on a Sunday evening so the restaurant was less crowded than the other times we went, so a little quieter, which was nice. Scallop & poblano ceviche was great as always and my husband said his oysters were "melt-in your mouth" delicious. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. Definitely a place we will visit again for a special occasion, prices do not lead for a every week visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetsmoDined on 8/2/2014Harrys has a great bar and the outdoor seating is scenic. Our waitress was nice and friendly, and answered all our questions about the different fish on the menu. Our food was good, although my steamed shrimp was fresh and tasty, it was seasoned with way too much old bay and saltSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!ChooseyOneDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant has been a favorite of ours for years but this latest visit was a curve ball. Dishes we have had before were not prepared quite as well & our waitress seemed better suited to diner than an upscale establishment. There were far too many empty tables for a Friday night and the atmosphere was morose. My husband said the restroom was dirty. It was really a bummer and I'm hoping it was just an off night and not the new norm.
- LUCKY FINDOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/30/2014Thanks to our friends on the internet we found Harry's and enjoyed a lovely, delicious and hearty seafood dinner. Generous portion of softshell crabs, perfectly prepared and presented. Fresh oysters and good martini. I'm in hog heaven or should I say, angelfish heaven???? Why should I be disappointed????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealRunningSapDined on 7/29/2014Excellent food. Got a table outside on a perfect night. Stayed with the Ahi Tuna. Always excellent. Gelato for dessert. Dessert menu lacking, but I come here for the seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findBmoredinerVIPDined on 7/27/2014Picked this restaurant off of Open Table after visiting Winterthur, what a great find. Perfect cocktails, fresh, delicious seafood and a very nice setting on the water. A little noisy inside but it is a pretty big space. Glad we took a chance on something new-would love to come back if we're ever in the area again! Outside dining was overlooking the river and would have been a lovely choice if the weather was a little cooler(90degrees out!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014As always food, drinks, service were excellent. Perfect weather For eating outside made the experience A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but tastyTonyMacDined on 7/19/2014The food was served fresh and very well prepared. You have the ability to have the food tailored to your particular taste. All the seafood is caught within 24 hour before being brought to your table. The menu is always changing depending on the seafood available that day. The portion size is generous. The salmon was on the petite side and a bit over cooked. The waiter was very attentive. Great place to go for a first date or a special occasion, During the summer months definitely worth waiting to dine outside,Special Features:
- BobPDined on 7/19/2014Very friendly staff and always a good selection of fresh seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rabbit Really!!!!not2happyDined on 7/18/2014I was accompanied by two seafood lovers and the selection of the restaurant was a no brainer - I however did think there might be a better selection of non fish items. Rabbit is a non selection and pricing half of a chicken breast at $30. is obscene. I opted for the Petite Steak and 4 Shrimp. It was accompanied with "French toast" and 4 strips of tough asparagras. The steak also had melted cheese of some variety which was greyish in color accompanied by a berry and onion "relish". The price of $42.95 was ridiculous even for an upscale restaurant. I do not think I will be coming back to Harry's at the Waterfront. Did I mention we were celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary? Needless to say we will celebrate our 56th at Harry's.Special Features:
- Harry's Seafood and GrillmarbrowDined on 7/17/2014I enjoyed the surf and turf. The crab cake was perfect without a sauce. The steak was thinner than expected but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night dinner!DecatladyDined on 7/16/2014The wine selection is superb! Appetizers are generous enough to share, salads were very fresh and the entre was cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time aroundfoodieDined on 7/13/2014I have to say that my experience this time was not as good as last year. Perhaps it was the choices on the menu, what happened to US fish???..there were fish on the menu that i had never heard of and i am pretty familiar with fish. The scallops were local and very good, but pricey and skimpy. Other members of the party had soft shell crabs that were meaty, but sauteed in a sauce that was too spicy....it did not say that they were in a spicy sauce. Slaw was spicy, too. Clams for the appetizer were very good, but broth was too salty. Desserts had no in season fruity style desserts.....apple crisp was mostly crisp.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014great place to eat. some of the best food you will find in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Wonderful meal. Seafood was fresh, presentation was nice, and food was exceptional. Pricey as others have noted. Patio dining was pleasant. Bar was noisy as any bar would be on a Saturday night. Service was quick and attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beEandBDined on 7/12/2014Harry's Seafood seems to have slipped a couple of notches over the past year. Service has been very lax on our last two visits and food items have been over cooked (eg. soba noodles served with big eye tuna have been over cooked to a near-mushy state 3x). It's too bad as this has been our favorite go-to restaurant for nearly 10 years.Special Features:
- dinner at Harry'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Food was delicious-choices plenty. WE will return!Special Features:
- KatieDined on 7/12/2014Pricy but delicious food. Great place for special occasions!Special Features:
- Summer PerfectionPhillySaxDined on 7/12/2014Beautiful day, not too hot, dining on potted flowers adorned deck under awning, facing the Christiana River is the perfect setting more a great leisurely meal. Our server, Bruce, was outstanding, and very knowledgeable, about the mine items and their ingredients and preparation, the river, and we suspect a lot more. Crab cake salad was a thing of beauty. Fresh oysters selected with help from Bruce were out of this world, with a champagne vinegar mignonette. The soft shell crab with a spicy slaw was just enough to complement the oysters. Fresh crusty bread, sliced and warm, was also provided. If the outside had been full. Or if weather prohibited, the inside decor is very inviting, every bit as nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Food was good. Ambience and service was good. Food was overpriced for the amount served.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014I love this restaurant! Great from start to finish!Special Features:
- ExcellenceTomEBoyDined on 7/9/2014Harry's never fails to deliver - excellent food, service, the overall experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wilmington on the waterBrooklynDinerVIPDined on 7/7/2014Lunch at Harry's is great. The choices are many and varied. So much fresh seafood from which to choose. Had the blackened scallop Cobb salad -- delicious! When I asked for a Bloody Mary, our server asked if I had a choice of Vodka. When I asked for an American one, he brought it with a Vodka made in Delaware -- how much more local could it be!! Good wine choices as well. And, did I mention how attentive Matt, our server, was? He was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambienceVma912Dined on 7/5/2014I went here with a group of 6 people for dinner and it was the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion- great food and a delightful riverfront dining experience if you're lucky enough to be able to sit outside. They did not "take requests" for outdoor seating ahead of time for some reason, so when we arrived, we asked to be seated outside as there appeared to be plenty of space, but were initially told we couldn't. We practically had to beg to be seated out there, and our request was finally accommodated by the waitress (host staff said they had a large party coming, even though they say outdoor seating is first-come, first-served when making reservations). Overall, waitstaff provided excellent service, but not so much host staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love eating here!CluneyDined on 7/5/2014Harry's Seafood is one of our favorite places to take out of town guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.