Harry's Seafood Grill
101 South Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Harry's Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrysseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 3027771500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Lee Banks, CEC, AAC
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry's Fish Market + Grill, adjacent to Harry's Seafood Grill, is available to cater your office or personal breakfast and lunch. Contact our Management Team for more information.
Entertainment We offer live acoustic entertainment from 6-8PM every Wednesday night during the summer. Come join us on our patio!
A word from Harry's Seafood Grill
Harry's Seafood Grill is a causal, upscale seafood eatery & a hot spot on the river. Adjacent to the Riverwalk, Harry's Seafood Grill has become THE place for lunch, dinner, cocktails, and late night in the City of Wilmington. The chic atmosphere, fresh raw bar, award-winning crab cakes, outstanding lobsters, and other imaginatively prepared seafood, great martinis, and 50 wines by the glass are some of the keys to an exciting experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Harry's Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Harry's Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (120)scenic view (103)special occasion (91)fit for foodies (83)vibrant bar scene (42)great for lunch (39)romantic (37)good for groups (34)notable wine list (34)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (22)great for brunch (18)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- request forgottenMarciaDined on 9/27/2014They came to the table and asked if we wanted more bread, we said yes and more water please. They never came. We did mention it when they came back to check how our meal was. They gave us free dessert and we did receive several appoligizes.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodQualityEnablerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Always reliable, Harry's came through again with a fabulous dinner for the four of us.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent!RudyDeDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner outside on Saturday evening. We were going to the theatre and our waiter was watching the clock for us so we could relax and enjoy a delicious meal. He timed it so well we had time for delicious deserts too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SeafoodSnoopyDined on 9/26/2014we had the lobster rolls and they are usia;;y a lunch time item but they were happy to accommodate us at an early dinner. The rolls and chock full of big lumps of lobster and really delicious . My companion and I are lobster fans and really enjoyed them. They come with crisp potato chips which are not good for you but sure taste good. We had an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Marvelous Pre-Matinee LunchMaryLDined on 9/24/2014We were warmly welcomed back for the lunch prior to our first Wednesday matinee of the 2014-15 season at Delaware Theater Co, seated immediately, James our server remembered our names from other times that he served us, reviewed changes since our last visit, offered recommendations based on previous times, anticipated and answered questions for the 7 of us all with the warmest smile coupled with a gentle demeanor. The food was wonderful, every dish was as promised, all served at the right temperature at the same time. The sautéed croaker and the blackened scallop cobb salad were excellent. Each dessert was delectable especially fond of the very berry martini with the freshest of berries and homemade whipped cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealsrrauschDined on 9/23/2014We continue to dine at Harry's Seafood Grill for special occasions. Again we were not disappointed with an excellent meal for my daughter's birthday. All the food items were well prepared and tasty, the waiter's skill added to the meal by offering good advice and being there when we needed him but not interfering with the birthday celebration. We'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dining experienceJuleDined on 9/23/2014We all enjoyed our dinners. All fish dishes were well prepared! Our server was excellent, very personable and accommodating! I would have liked to sit outside,but it was too chilly. The noise inside made hearing across the table a little difficult. I would recommend candles or lower table lighting to make the ambiance more romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMimiDined on 9/22/2014Harry's Seafood Grill has always been a favorite, however we were disappointed this last visit. Although the restaurant was not crowded, service was slow. My fish was over done and dry and came without the poblano crema and pickled jalopenos as described on the menu. My husband's crabcake dinner was bland and lacking the usual accompaniments. We hope that it was just an off night. It would be sad to lose one of our tried and true favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotFromDEDined on 9/20/2014We went to your restaurant because the advertisements were so enticing. We invited my daughter & her husband to join us. Had a great booth in the corner, so we were able to drown out the noise and it was as if we had our own little corner of the "world." Service was great & very friendly. Enjoyed the food very much. BIG problem was directions were horrible & drove around & around until my daughter saw our car. We managed to find their car so followed them. Hostess on the telephone was trying to be helpful but could not get us there. Extremely frustrating!!!! You need to somehow put definite directions on line. So, I don't know if we would go back because it was so difficult to find Harry's Seafood Grill. We did enjoy our dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's Seafood GrillwwxbeeDined on 9/17/2014Live downstate, so I don't make it there near enough. Six of us for dinner. Great time and a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Anniversary DinnerR1cksterDined on 9/17/2014Arrived to be welcomed to a pleasant outdoor table on the patio with a nice view of the river. I felt the table was per my request - something intimate. The service was prompt asking if we cared for drinks, menus, etc. Initially service was overbearing and then fell off just before food came. I had wanted to order a bottle of wine to go with dinner but wasn't asked, and server was MIA. I finally flagged down another server for the wine but by the time the wine came the food had been there for a while. Later things got a little better because I think the server I flagged down understood I wasn't thrilled. Food was great and drinks too. Dessert was good as well. Definitely a great place and love it, just a bit of a hiccup on the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish LoversJohnDined on 9/13/2014If you want creatively prepared fresh fish, Harry's is your place. Menu has mostly original options with a few traditional standbys.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantSeafoodloverDined on 9/13/2014Harry's has long been my favorite restaurant. Due to a life situation, I had not been there for a few months. I found the experience was not what I remembered it to be. The clams were outstanding for a starter, but both of our main dishes were almost greasy. Desert was very good. We were just slightly disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just good tonightFinedinerDined on 9/12/2014Visited here for restaurant week and have been here before. Usually excellent food. Not so impressed with the restaurant week food. We checked out the menu online before going and one of the two offered dinner choices was changed to a different fish. I'm sure there was a good reason, just not as impressed with drum fish, it's very tough. The shrimp dish served three shrimp, one was undercooked. We were there on a Friday and the bar was jumping and fun. We just wished they had put a little more into the restaurant week menu dishes. We brought someone along who had never been there before and it was a bit disappointing. The past couple of times we visited before this visit, the servers are attentive but not very friendly.Special Features:
- Unexpected delightAKM77Dined on 9/11/2014We'd never been to Harry' Seafood, but we had a gift card, so we thought we'd give it a shot. Over many years we'd b en to Harry's Savoy on Naaman Road, quite close to where we live, and found it unremarkable. So we were quite surprised and delighted to find that Harry's Seafood had much better ambiance, delicious, well-prepared food, and really excellent service. And what a nice setting, to boot.Special Features:
- Pricey but just OK foodlive2eatDined on 9/10/2014Looks like a fun place, but the food was just OK, definitely not on par for the price. Did not try the drinks, but it looks like they would be good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Food, particularly the crabcakes and seafood nachos, were disappointing for the price point. Crabcake was overcooked on the outside (black charred) and had more tasteless filling than crab meat. Have had much better experiences at this restaurant than we had during this most recent visit. I hope this was just an off night because this restaurant has been a favorite-- but the food was so off that I would no longer consider this restaurant at the top of my list for future dinners.
- djs1972ScubaDaveDined on 9/5/2014This was our first visit and though it was a little bit hard to find we certainly enjoyed it once we got there. We ate on the patio overlooking the river and it was quite nice to see all the activity going on around us. our server, Daniel couldn't have been more fun and certainly good at his job. We had a good time and will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Foodsnob51Dined on 9/4/2014We dined with a friend who has numerous food allergies. The waiter and chef were extremely accommodating to her request for specific preparation of her meal. The service was wonderful and the food delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience As Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/1/2014We have always had a great dining experience at Harry's Seafood. The seafood is wonderful (fresh and well prepared), our server was pleasant, professional and attentive and the ambiance is top notch (great decor and a view of the Riverfront if dining outside). We will return soon!Special Features:
- Best seafood in DelawareLindaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great crab cakes and rock fish dinners. Highly recommend. Will return if in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedDined on 8/30/2014This was our second visit and everything was great till dessert. My warm apple crisp w/ vanilla gelato came out refrigerator cold and then when it was returned it was so hot that I couldn't eat it and the gelato was melting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItDiningDianaDined on 8/29/2014The food and the service were great and the ambiance was fun and energetic. I particularly liked being able to order half portions of two separate entrees at about half price each so I didn't have to choose between two great options.Special Features:
- wonderful findsnipsVIPDined on 8/29/2014We were visiting the area and found Harry's on Open Table. Great spot - although it was a little hard to find using Google Maps on phone. We were promptly seated at a very nice table overlooking the river and river walk. We both enjoyed our meal of crab cakes and the crab and artichoke appetizer. If we lived in the area we would want to visit regular. We highly recommend Harry's Seafood and Grill to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMelindaDined on 8/28/2014Good atmosphere, good food. The Seafood nachos are a great appetizer! The half-off oysters are amazing, if you can find the seating at the bar to get them.Special Features:
- Great DinnerCliffDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful meal and the service was great. Harry's was a very welcoming place.Special Features:
- Wonderful DiningtingoldVIPDined on 8/18/2014People in the Wilmington area know about the wonders of Harry's but those traveling along I-95 should know that it's only a five-minute detour to have a great lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We were seated ahead of time, service and food were great.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went for our wedding anniversary and we had a wonderful time! The food was delicious and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough choices!2vivaciousduffersDined on 8/15/2014Great to take non-residents for a seafood experience using only the freshest available. As usual, difficult to choose from a menu loaded with choices. Took us extra long just to decide what to order! Ceviche sampler is a repeated favorite and never fails to please. Same with Thai crab salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood date nightSkippy9842Dined on 8/14/2014Best softshell crabs we've found all summer. Oysters and sushi were of exceptional quality. Wish they had docking so we could boat in.Special Features:
- Exceptional Experience!DEReneDined on 8/13/2014We went to Harry's Seafood Grill to celebrate my birthday. Everything was perfect. We sat outside on a lovely night and had a wonderful view of the water way. We went mid-week and it was easier to get an outside table. The service was spectacular. Our waiter was attentive, seemed to always know if we needed anything, and was very professional. The food was prepared beautifully with great attention to detail. All of our food looked beautiful (I am always impressed with presentation) and tasted even better. Fresh, seasoned well, and at the right temperature. The timing was impeccable. I really hate when you are still enjoying the appetizer and the entree arrives. Not here, perfect timing, no rushing through a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Had lunch and it was just ok. Calamari app was great! Mixed grill entre was blah. Service was great and the restaurant is in a great location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb settingWalterHardingDined on 8/11/2014We had a great table on the river and out side. The service was seamless and the food superb!Special Features:
- Harry's Seafood Grill2heartsasoneDined on 8/9/2014The meal was delicous fromthe artichoke & crab dip appetizers, our salads, I had wonderful surf and turf meal: steak was perfect, and the shrimp were large and cooked perfectly. My husband the scallop entree which he truly enjoyed. We complimented our meal with lovely sweet wine. We sat outside and we're treated to opening of drawbridge so tourist ship could pass by. We will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RetireeWillbebackDined on 8/9/2014Excellent crab cakes. We were a party of four. All enjoyed their dinner selection. Will certainly schedule a return engagement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eventSheldonDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed everything we ordered from cocktails to desserts. The outdoor seating was very comfortable and scenic but we look forward to returning to dine indoors as well. Our entres, scallops, lobster and surf and turf, were delicious. Our waiter, James , was patient and accommodating with our group of 5. We would recommend Harry's Seafood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very mediocreWilmDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food is mediocre and overpriced. We will not return. Food at Harry's Savoy is much better.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor DinefoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Four of us enjoyed dinner here last Saturday. My 4 scallops were excellent. Two of us had the crab cakes, which had outstanding flavor with little to no filler. I'll get them next time! The sangria was very weak in flavor and I won't get it again, but my husband and I enjoyed the wine sampler.Special Features:
- Not Quite Very GoodKiddoDined on 8/8/2014The food was very tasty -- we had the Brazilian catfish and the grilled Salmon. Go if you are celebrating a special occasion, or want to impress a date. You'll find very high prices and small portions; eat something before you go. The greeting and service were indifferent and the focus seemed to be on the busy bar and outdoor deck instead of our lonely inside table. We had to wait over 20 minutes for a cheese plate for dessert. This was an OK meal but not particularly good value and I expected more food and better service. I will let Harry's survive without our sedate family visits as it further evolves into a hot nightspot for the growing young urban Riverfront crowd.Special Features: