Harry's Seafood Grill
101 South Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Harry's Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrysseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: (302) 777-1500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Lee Banks, CEC, AAC
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry's Fish Market + Grill, adjacent to Harry's Seafood Grill, is available to cater your office or personal breakfast and lunch. Contact our Management Team for more information.
Entertainment We offer live acoustic entertainment from 6-8PM every Wednesday night during the summer. Come join us on our patio!
A word from Harry's Seafood Grill
Harry's Seafood Grill is a causal, upscale seafood eatery & a hot spot on the river. Adjacent to the Riverwalk, Harry's Seafood Grill has become THE place for lunch, dinner, cocktails, and late night in the City of Wilmington. The chic atmosphere, fresh raw bar, award-winning crab cakes, outstanding lobsters, and other imaginatively prepared seafood, great martinis, and 50 wines by the glass are some of the keys to an exciting experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harry's Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Harry's Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (96)scenic view (85)special occasion (84)fit for foodies (82)romantic (40)good for groups (40)great for lunch (38)vibrant bar scene (37)notable wine list (31)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (24)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (4)Show More
- loveseafoodDined on 11/15/2014I was disappointed being seated in the bar area even with a reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service with SmileMaryLDined on 11/12/2014We will definitely return next month before the Wednesday Matinee performance at the Delaware Theater Company. The newest dessert - Rum Raisin Pumpkin bread pudding was generously portioned and allowed for sharing, absolutely wonderful, lots of flavor. The blackened scallop cobb salad was delicious, will order that entrée salad again. Dishes for 6 diners arrived at the same time and at the right temperature. Service from a new server was impeccable, every thing arrived exactly as requested, dessert sharing was made easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stone crab surpriseDaveVIPDined on 11/11/2014Took a client to Harry's on Tuesday and it surpassed expectations. Great menu, and thrilled to see stone crabs back in season. Oysters, wine and stone crabs were a perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 11/10/2014It was very cold and very noisy, hard to hear our own conversation when we were assured we would be fine. The salmon was very rare and lobster salad was just ok. Stacie was lovely and I would be more disappointed but our guest was delightful. I will give then another chance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyRebelHillerDined on 11/9/2014Service was perfect. Had the Big Eye Tacos for lunch. Sat by the river. Just lovelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent choiceChuckkVIPDined on 11/8/2014Seafood foodies will enjoy it --- only token meat items on menu. But the seafood was wonderful. Both the king salmon (where the boat and captains were noted on menu) and the Cajun rainbow trout were excellent. Stone crabs were in the house and the cracking was excellent, did not even need the personal cracker that came with them --- sauce lacked the zing I am used to, may need an imported Dijon or more of the one they are using. Reasonable wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Meal2foodiesDined on 11/2/2014The seafood was just perfect. The tastes and blends of favor were exceptional. The presentation was beautiful and service was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Overall rating would be good, the crab cakes had to much filer for the price. Calamari is excellent, drinks were also great quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshest fish in town!BoobooDined on 11/1/2014The fish and seafood at Harry's never disappoints. The fish is not only very fresh, but the preparation is creative and the variety is top notch. We absolutely love the ceviche appetizers and have tried them all. Harry's is one of our favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's seafood sensationalDissapointingDishVIPDined on 10/31/2014Been here many times & always wonderful. Lobster roll even though it has gotten smaller over the years,my favorite lunch Chunks of lobster are succulent on a toasted roll, can't be beat. Split a warm chocolate cake w/real whipped cream, calories galore!, YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014fine dining with a romantic setting - perfect for a wedding anniversarySpecial Features:
- Excellent TasteMusti126Dined on 10/25/2014It started right at the Reception, no wait , friendly welcome and excellent service with exceptional Taste, five star over all....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014We have been coming here for the last five years. Always a different menu. We drive an hour and always enjoy it. Their seafood and raw bar is excellent. The service has always been excellent too.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencereescoDined on 10/25/2014This is a great place to take business clients or close friends. Great food and service. Never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Great place to dine if you can get into the main dine. Can never get into the main dining room. No matter how far in advance I make my reservation. I guess I'll call next time instead of the open table online thing.Special Features:
- Delaware's best seafood Restaurant!DedeDined on 10/18/2014When my husband and I want seafood the first choice is always Harry's Seafood Restaurant! My go to meal that I can never go wrong with is the Lobster Bib Salad! With its chunks of lobster meat and tomato and avocado, it is truly a winner! My husband loves the scallops, always sweet and cooked to perfection. My favorite appetizers are the stone crab claws when they are in season. We were happily surprised that they were back this past Saturday night! We also get there superior oysters on a half shell from Washington state and Maine. There wine selection is awesome as well. And by the way, we always ask for Marvin to be our waiter! He has been working at Harry's for 9 years and he is so professional and fun at the same time! Go to Harry's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantTzippiBenSDined on 10/12/2014Incredibly fresh seafood. Great service. Going prices for fresh seafood. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cubabrunchfan24Dined on 10/11/2014This was a lovely restaurant and the ceviche was devine. My only food not Stella was the Sirachi Mashed Potatos SEAFOOD perfection. I will definately be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SeafoodBradVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great variety of fresh seafood in a nice location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/11/2014Lunch was terrific and Bruce, our server, was attentive and helpful. Very nice atmosphere and a great view! The menu changes every day and there is a great variety. The seafood is really fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great river viewDEdinerVIPDined on 10/10/2014It was rainy, therefore not a great time for eating outdoors. We enjoyed the food and the view from a nice little booth near the bar and the window outside. It is always a treat to take visitors to this place. We both had lobster--me the salad and my friend the roll. We were both pleased with the food and the service. It was 12:30, but quiet for a Friday lunch.Special Features:
- JBroVIPDined on 10/8/2014Great location for local business people to host dinner or lunch!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014The meal started with a light, tasty spinach salad. The dressing was light and very delicious. The salmon and rainbow trout on a bed of wild rice were done just right and the portions were ample for the 2 of us. the background music was a light loud, but not sure if this is the normal sound level for the bar. The main dining area may have been quieter and more scenic.Special Features:
- Overall very goodKCCoupleDined on 10/5/2014The food was very good, although I thought it was strange that I had to ask for melted butter and lemon for the grilled shrimp I had with my filet. My firiend had the choppino and said it was delicious. The broth was excellent! Ther server was good but could have been a little more attentive. The place was quite noisy.Special Features:
- luvuguysDined on 10/4/2014I ordered flowers & I was the hit of the night with having my Wife's birthday dinner with your establishment. It could not have been any better in any way but you should try to couple in a bakery for birthday cakes so I would have nothing to do but push buttons. Just kidding it was fantastic. Thanks to everyone there. Jim MarshSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryCodypecoDined on 10/4/2014Service was mediocre at these prices, I should not have to wait more than 5 minutes for a glass of wine! My meal was well prepared and very tasty however again at top dollar I felt stunted on my filet that looked like the half of a butterflied filet and the surf in turf in turf were a measly 3 shrimp! The final jab was getting a happy birthday written in caramel on our dessert plate when in fact it was our anniversary. I noted that on the open table reservation! So much for upscale!Special Features:
- A great choice!DianeVIPDined on 10/3/2014The four of us immensely enjoyed our various seafood dinners, and the white wine flight was a hit, as it gave each of us a chance to try different ones with different parts of our meal. Our server was very attentive and we couldn't of asked for more, except for a little more cooperation from the weather which made it a better choice to sit inside. Harry's outdoor dining space is lovely and we had hoped to enjoy that for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodGoodfoodDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed our dinner. A bit pricey for the amount of food. But everything was pepared weel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightLeftyDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I went Harry's before the theater. Timing was perfect service and food were very good!!Special Features:
- Seafood At Its BestwindyDined on 10/2/2014Pricey but if you can say that any high-priced eatery is worth it, this may be it. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- request forgottenMarciaDined on 9/27/2014They came to the table and asked if we wanted more bread, we said yes and more water please. They never came. We did mention it when they came back to check how our meal was. They gave us free dessert and we did receive several appoligizes.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodQualityEnablerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Always reliable, Harry's came through again with a fabulous dinner for the four of us.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent!RudyDeDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner outside on Saturday evening. We were going to the theatre and our waiter was watching the clock for us so we could relax and enjoy a delicious meal. He timed it so well we had time for delicious deserts too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SeafoodSnoopyDined on 9/26/2014we had the lobster rolls and they are usia;;y a lunch time item but they were happy to accommodate us at an early dinner. The rolls and chock full of big lumps of lobster and really delicious . My companion and I are lobster fans and really enjoyed them. They come with crisp potato chips which are not good for you but sure taste good. We had an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Marvelous Pre-Matinee LunchMaryLDined on 9/24/2014We were warmly welcomed back for the lunch prior to our first Wednesday matinee of the 2014-15 season at Delaware Theater Co, seated immediately, James our server remembered our names from other times that he served us, reviewed changes since our last visit, offered recommendations based on previous times, anticipated and answered questions for the 7 of us all with the warmest smile coupled with a gentle demeanor. The food was wonderful, every dish was as promised, all served at the right temperature at the same time. The sautéed croaker and the blackened scallop cobb salad were excellent. Each dessert was delectable especially fond of the very berry martini with the freshest of berries and homemade whipped cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealsrrauschDined on 9/23/2014We continue to dine at Harry's Seafood Grill for special occasions. Again we were not disappointed with an excellent meal for my daughter's birthday. All the food items were well prepared and tasty, the waiter's skill added to the meal by offering good advice and being there when we needed him but not interfering with the birthday celebration. We'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dining experienceJuleDined on 9/23/2014We all enjoyed our dinners. All fish dishes were well prepared! Our server was excellent, very personable and accommodating! I would have liked to sit outside,but it was too chilly. The noise inside made hearing across the table a little difficult. I would recommend candles or lower table lighting to make the ambiance more romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMimiDined on 9/22/2014Harry's Seafood Grill has always been a favorite, however we were disappointed this last visit. Although the restaurant was not crowded, service was slow. My fish was over done and dry and came without the poblano crema and pickled jalopenos as described on the menu. My husband's crabcake dinner was bland and lacking the usual accompaniments. We hope that it was just an off night. It would be sad to lose one of our tried and true favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotFromDEDined on 9/20/2014We went to your restaurant because the advertisements were so enticing. We invited my daughter & her husband to join us. Had a great booth in the corner, so we were able to drown out the noise and it was as if we had our own little corner of the "world." Service was great & very friendly. Enjoyed the food very much. BIG problem was directions were horrible & drove around & around until my daughter saw our car. We managed to find their car so followed them. Hostess on the telephone was trying to be helpful but could not get us there. Extremely frustrating!!!! You need to somehow put definite directions on line. So, I don't know if we would go back because it was so difficult to find Harry's Seafood Grill. We did enjoy our dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's Seafood GrillwwxbeeDined on 9/17/2014Live downstate, so I don't make it there near enough. Six of us for dinner. Great time and a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.