Harry's Savoy Grill
2020 Naamans Road
Wilmington, DE 19810Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Harry's Savoy Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrys-savoy.com/
- Phone: 3024753000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday 11:30am – 12:00am; Saturday 4:30pm – 12:00am; Sunday Brunch 10:30 - 2:00pm, dinner 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Leo Banks
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Harry's cater your next private party. Call Jenna Jackson for your next event. We can also cater in your home, office or wherever you choose!
- Private Party Facilities: Harry’s Savoy Grill can accommodate various private functions for up to 300 guests. For private dining events, corporate events, or wedding receptions, please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Jackson 3024753000x111
- Entertainment: Please check our web site (http://www.harryshospitalitygroup.com/harrys-savoy-grill/events) for this month’s entertainment and events. Live music every Friday night from 5:00-7:00PM and Saturday night from 8:30-11:30PM.
A word from Harry's Savoy Grill
Harry’s Savoy Grill features award winning aged prime rib and Iowa beef, homemade pasta, raw bar, and fresh creative seafood. The antique bar with gas lamps, fireplaces, cozy booths, and courtyard dining create a casual fine dining experience. The wine list is a "Spectator Award Winner." Harry’s Savoy Grill was voted Best of Delaware Restaurant. It’s convenient to I-95, Route 202, the Blue Route & offers upscale private dining for up to 300 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Harry's Savoy Grill - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Harry's Savoy Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (44)notable wine list (42)neighborhood gem (42)romantic (37)vibrant bar scene (23)great for lunch (22)great for outdoor dining (21)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Special place for a special dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We had our wedding reception here last year. The food, service, and ambiance was great. We went back for brunch to celebrate our anniversary and were greeted with the same high level of service. Get the PD Benedict, it is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prime ribShpnxsDined on 8/27/2014The food is consistent, service is great! Love the primerib and the crab cake was outstanding....90% crab...very little filling. I also loved the wedge and the fried calamari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FredDDined on 8/23/2014Prime rib was extraordinary! Service by Adam was OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014That was i first time at the restaurant the food was good and drinks were excellent really had a good time we were celebrating my husband 65th birthday!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYABLELuv2eatVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were taking my niece to U of D and had dinner. It was very niceSpecial Features:
- not happyLincolnDined on 8/19/2014Went for a quiet dinner didn't happen too noisy when asked to be moved to back room, a little quieter, hostess had a bit of an attitude Medium rare prime rib came out too rare, side of Au Gratin potatoes many potatoes not completely cooked. They put a lot of Rosemary on prime rib hate picking little sticks out of my teeth, killed flavor of the meat. Waiter (Wes)pleasant, accommodating excellent wine paring suggested for the meat
- Excellent Server, BENEeagnDined on 8/18/2014Our server, BEN, was very knowledgeable about the selections, his suggestions, which we took, were very spot on! We weren't planning on ordering a full bottle of wine, yet we DID! The food selections were exactly as he described too. Very delicious! Also, we were not planning on ordering dessert and yet we did! We had mentioned that we were celebrating our July birthdays so dessert came out with candles and a beautiful Happy birthday message on the plates!!!! We felt very spoiled and were there for 4 hours!!!!! We WILL be back as this was my FIRST time here!Special Features:
- Very good.DennieDined on 8/16/2014Our waiter Tyson was very pleasant. Our apps came out rather quickly, but it was a very long wait for our entees. ( good 35 mins).Special Features:
- So disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Soup over salted, Ceasar salad overpowered by garlic and service beyond bad. Definitely did not live up to its reputAtion. Expected better for the price of the food.
- My historical love affairSvoirfair1Dined on 8/10/2014This restaurant has a very warm spot for me . The memory of the days of The Kings Inn with the statue of Gambrinus ,The King Brewing Beer to today's Harry,s Savoy Grill metamorphosis to an elegance, sheik, cool, hip "joint". Love it and thank you and do not abandon me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice menu choices besides steaksbibelotDined on 8/8/2014very consistent restaurant with very good steaks, prime rib and fish dishes. this evening my husband wanted a steak but I was looking for something a bit lighter - the shaved broccoli salad and half serving of pasta was perfect. love the availability of French and Italian wines by the glass. our server was very pleasant and he remembered that my husband ordered his wine to come when dinner was served - and it arrived exactly at that time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best prime rib anywhereMSC24Dined on 8/5/2014My favorite (and I travel across the US) for prime rib. In fact, almost the only place I order prime rib since the mix of meat and fat is highly variable. Large portion (12 or 18oz.) of high quality beef, with good marbling and minimum fat. Also can get NY strip. Excellent selection of fresh oysters. Usually a limited selection of seafood (if this is your style, checkout the outstanding Harry's Seafood Grill). But this August, about varied seafood 6-8 entrees. Overall, consistently one of my favorite restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurandDined on 8/5/2014Cocktails, salad. and signature prime rib were exceptionally good. Clams casino on the other hand, though tasty were chewy and tough! We were a party of 2, and the bread basket consisted of 2 small half slices, one multigrain, the other raisin. The raisin was phenomenal. The waiter's response to my comment about it was that I could buy a loaf for $8. or $10. Not what I expected, as I thought another slice would have been offered! All in all, we enjoyed our meal and plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it used to beAnniversaryDinerDined on 8/4/2014I took my wife here for an anniversary (we were married here 5 years ago). Waiter was very good and staff was friendly. Misse dhaving wine flights selected by people in the know. Prime rib is always excellent but served too cold. My fish special was unexceptional. Ambiance was marred by poor choice of piped in music. We missed the tablecloths; table top and placemats were "icky" and the Harry's plate that dessert came out on was past its prime and should have been retired. Could have been a lot better, managers seemed unhappy and tired...Special Features:
- AngelVIPDined on 8/4/2014Took my sister out for a very special birthday lunch. Neither of us had been there for awhile. Superb menu that makes us want to come back more often. Impeccable service, relaxing ambiance, and perfect food. What more could we want! Thanks again.Special Features:
- Excellent as Usual!MrajDined on 8/3/2014Our brunch was great. The server was fantastic. Everything is excellent no matter what time of day you go. It is always a memorable experience going to Harry's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't skip the prime rib!foodtasterDined on 7/26/2014We were promptly seated in the side section of the first room, and happy the noise level there was low (one member of our party has difficulty hearing, and the acoustics in some areas can be poor). Four prime ribs were cooked to order with au jus and very mild horseradish sauce (3 medium rare, one medium well); the chef's portion (10 oz), the smallest available, was VERY generous, so we all took boxes home. Accompanied only by potatoes au gratin, served piping hot and delicious, we ordered two sides of spinach; each side easily fed two. Two of us had room for dessert, and ordered creme brulee. A slight disappointment: the creme was served quite warm instead of thoroughly chilled; the brulee was not crisp.Special Features:
- reds1007VIPDined on 7/25/2014Always a reliable, enjoyable place to dine. Great singer in the bar during Happy Hour.Special Features:
- ConsistentPoppaSmurfDined on 7/13/2014Harry's always puts a good meal on the plate. Never great, never poor. Today no different - we went for Sunday brunch. I had the salmon hash. The hash itself was quite good, but it was served with rolls of sliced smoked salmon, which was touch and without flavor. They'd have been better off putting another egg on the hash and calling it done.
- GoodPhillyfoodloverDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I dined at Harry's recently. Some aspects were great and some were OK. We had a late reservation and my husband was starving. When I told the waitress, she brought his prime rib immediately. That was great. My filet was excellent, but my procuitto appetizer was just so so. My husband thought the prime rib was a bit tough. Overall, they tried hard, but it wasn't quite as good as prior visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak and seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014We had a w We had a very nice dinner at Harry's. Nice outdoor patio, varied menu. Everyone had seafood and steak. The calamari was delicious as was the crab cocktail. Filets were a smidge overcooked but very tender. Crab cakes were very flavorful-not all lump crab but did not have any filler. Our waitress was fabulous-attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Atmosphere, a Bit OverpricedShanannonDined on 7/9/2014I came here with three colleagues for dinner during a business trip. The atmosphere is pretty cool- upscale but laid-back. The food was fairly tasty but it is a bit overpriced. This would be a good place to take clients or dates.Special Features:
- Great place for special occasionWildheartsDined on 7/3/2014Had a wonderful experiece at Harry's Savoy for our anniversary! Bar area is terrific and we had great drinks and met some new friends. We dined in main dining room and thoroughly enjoyed it. My husband had the prime rib, the signature dish, and it did not disappoint. Would highly recommend this terrific restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUSloveroffoodVIPDined on 6/29/2014great food, wonderful service! love the crab cakes .the brussell sprout salad was awesome! not something i would have liked right down to a great cup of coffeeSpecial Features:
- Great FoodVannort86Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary there and the food was great. I have no complaints about this place.Special Features:
- Exceeded our expectationsShpnxsDined on 6/28/2014It was a perfect night ...the food was outstanding and our waitress was fantastic. The prime rib was delicious and also loved the calamari! We cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great mealIronwolfVIPDined on 6/27/2014The menu is creative and varied, the food well prepared and flavorful, and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2014Good place to bring visitors--service though is slow but the staff is friendlySpecial Features:
- nice findLizbethDined on 6/21/2014Nice find while traveling.Fresh,seasonal salad and prime rib delicious. Their specialty. Excellent service and reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's is the best!GerardDined on 6/17/2014I have been going to Harry's for 30 years (since just about the time that they opened). I have to say that the food and the service is always the best. They print a new menu everyday. The atmosphere is much like a private club. I most like the room in the back of the restaurant. With its booths, dark woods and low ceiling it feels very private. The wait staff is well trained and attentive without being overly solicitous. The bar is a great place to gather and enjoy appetizers before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuckwheatDined on 6/15/2014Harry's continues to live up to my expectations. The service is friendly, the food is top quality and menu selection makes it difficult to choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchAnneDined on 6/15/2014We had heard about Harry's for many years and finally made it there for lunch. The menu was varied and our food was excellent. Our server was attentive but gave us time to enjoy a leisurely meal. We will try to get there for dinner next time.Special Features:
- AnniversaryBrianDined on 6/14/2014Harry's is becoming an anniversary tradition for my wife and I. We had our wedding rehearsal dinner there and have been back every year on our Anniversary. The food and the service are excellent and they really know how to make sure we have a good time celebrating out special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatLovelifeDined on 6/14/2014As always the food was wonderful, plentiful and fanciful while still including all the standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFastEddieDined on 6/13/2014Had a good night at Harry's except for the fact we were seated beside a noisy group, they were having fun, but not everyone arround them wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood4UsDined on 6/13/2014This was our first time at Harry's Savoy Grill. Often saw it advertised on TV and thought we should try it when we were in DE. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and excellent service. Some of the best clams casino I ever had. Great softshell crabs and Scallops. We look forward to returning and dining there again.Special Features:
- great classy localAndiVIPDined on 6/8/2014consistently excellent food, big menu, great beef, nice bar selection. Sunday night Prime Rib Special is huge and hard to beat value and taste. service is good and reliable. we live in Philly, 45 mins. away and frequently stop at Harry's whenever our travels bring us through Delaware. You won't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerHuskerPrincessDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I were very pleased with our evening at Harry's. It was an anniversary dinner and everything we ordered was delicious. All of the wait staff was helpful and pleasant. It would not be the place for a very romantic dinner, but otherwise, it's a nice upscale but casual atmosphere for just about any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer control neededHarryfanDined on 6/7/2014We have eaten at Harry's several times and the food and service have been consistently outstanding. This time we were sitting near two tables with two couples each. The women at both tables were boisterous and laughing at the top of their lungs. It was almost like there was a competition between the two groups to see who could be the loudest (read that as obnoxious). The behavior was totally inappropriate for a fine dining establishment. I am quite disappointed that no one from the restaurant came forward to ask the offending patrons to tone it down. The customer is not always right. Finally, it was not just us. When the noise finally left, the couple next to us looked over and said, "Thank God!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's SavoycjgrogVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great place! Prime rib was the best I have ever had anywhere - both flavor and tenderness! Also amazing was the iceberg wedge salad - you won't find any better! They also have a great beer selection. Don't miss this place - we've lived here for 15 years, and first time we've tried it out since it's a 30 minute drive. Shame on us for not trying it earlier. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.