Harry's Savoy Grill
2020 Naamans Road
Wilmington, DE 19810Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Harry's Savoy Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrys-savoy.com/
- Phone: (302) 475-3000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday 11:30am – 12:00am; Saturday 4:30pm – 12:00am; Sunday Brunch 10:30 - 2:00pm, dinner 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Leo Banks
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Harry's cater your next private party. Call Jenna Jackson for your next event. We can also cater in your home, office or wherever you choose!
- Private Party Facilities: Harry’s Savoy Grill can accommodate various private functions for up to 300 guests. For private dining events, corporate events, or wedding receptions, please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Jackson 3024753000x111
- Entertainment: Please check our web site (http://www.harryshospitalitygroup.com/harrys-savoy-grill/events) for this month’s entertainment and events. Live music every Friday night from 5:00-7:00PM and Saturday night from 8:30-11:30PM.
A word from Harry's Savoy Grill
Harry’s Savoy Grill features award winning aged prime rib and Iowa beef, homemade pasta, raw bar, and fresh creative seafood. The antique bar with gas lamps, fireplaces, cozy booths, and courtyard dining create a casual fine dining experience. The wine list is a "Spectator Award Winner." Harry’s Savoy Grill was voted Best of Delaware Restaurant. It’s convenient to I-95, Route 202, the Blue Route & offers upscale private dining for up to 300 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harry's Savoy Grill - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Harry's Savoy Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)fit for foodies (72)notable wine list (56)good for groups (55)neighborhood gem (49)romantic (43)great for lunch (29)vibrant bar scene (29)great for brunch (20)hot spot (15)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The food was Awondeful....the service was GREAT..... ......the music was NOT APPROPRIATE music for a relaxing dinner..... the patrons near us were very loud . I would suggest a better everyone selection of music to use for ambiance !!!! We were out for our Anniversary.....again the food was WONDERFUL, but did not like the "feel" of the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!BF19703Dined on 11/16/2014Harry's Savoy Grill is consistently the shining star of fine dining in the Wilmington area. Menu and decor are refreshed to keep pace with the times. Service was friendly and attentive without being imposing. Every course was beautifully presented and expertly prepared. Flavorful and appealing. My only suggestion is regarding any future changes to the decor - while the floor looks lovely, it is a bit slippery for ladies wearing heels. Next time I visit, I'll remember to wear flats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch needs workkayeDined on 11/16/2014Menu sounded better than it tasted. This was my first (and last) brunch,. Still would go back for dinner - many great meals in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you come to Delaware...GoodtimesDined on 11/12/2014All loved it. As a group and individual we have been to Harry's several times and have never been disappointed. The seafood is so fresh and they cook your food exactly as you order it. If you are in Delaware Harry's Savoy is a must for lunch or dinner! You will not regret your dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice mealLarryRVIPDined on 11/11/2014We enjoyed or meal very much. My wife had the seafood special which was Perch and she really enjoyed it. I had the Prim Rib and I must say it was one of the best I've ever had. Worth the trip for the food.Special Features:
- First TimerDrBob24Dined on 11/11/2014This visit was my first at Harry's Savoy Grill. Ambience, service, food were all excellent. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyDined on 11/11/2014Harry's is always a great place to go, easy to get to, service is just the bestSpecial Features:
- Girls night outgirlsoutDined on 11/10/2014There were nine ladies dining at Harry's during our trip to Wilmington. We loved our experience and the food.Special Features:
- Everything was ExcelllentstephnrichDined on 11/8/2014Melt in your mouth prime rib, outstanding filet mignon with the best mushrooms I have ever had. Desserts were imaginative and delicious. Our server, John was terrific. We mentioned our anniversary on the reservation, and he surprised us with a special anniversary dessert!Special Features:
- Harry's Savoy ReviewDaveDined on 11/8/2014Everything was first class. The best restaurant experience in a long time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!StephfromphillyVIPDined on 11/4/2014Wonderful, well thought out menu. Superb service. Always feels like a special treat to come here. The prime rib is the star here, but the raw bar, especially the oysters, holds up to some of Philadelphia's finest restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Nice place for a very special occasion. Food was pricey and service was on the slow side, but that is exactly what you want when you chose a restaurant for your anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreathtakingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Like the flight of wine option - it was enticing. Menu selections were varied. Fit for all palates. And the food presentation was outstanding. The prime rib review was both intriguing and educational. The service was executed timely. Only fumble was when the waiter was asked to to recommend a wine to go with a particular entree and he replied after hesitating "Well, it depends on what kind of wine you like." We thought he have said he didn't know, but he would check with the chef. The noise at times was distracting and other times overwhelming. Final comment: Harry's is not inexpensive. We would patronize the restaurant more frequently if the final bill didn't take our breath away.Special Features:
- Another great meal at a great tableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I went here for our second date Many years ago and we just had the same table that we had back then.The food was greatand since it was my wife's birthday they brought her favorite dessert with a candle and a plate that said happy birthday written in dark chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly goodVisit2dineDined on 10/31/2014This is an old and very good restaurant and bar. The dining room is a bit tired and "not happening." The bar area has a dining area as well and it is a more appealing area. The bar itself is excellent. The wine selection is great but the prices are very high. Order carefully! The food is always good. Worth a trip.Special Features:
- loving the oysters half price thursCindyDined on 10/30/2014Picked harrys savoy to celebrate my birthday..prime rib is awesome there. My husband enjoyed the duck. We opted the have dinner in tavern area to take advantage of the half price oysters on thursday. I also had the jumbo shrimp cocktail..Caesar salad bacon and horseradish mashed potatoes and pumpkin cheesecake.came on a happy birthday plate. .can't go wrong..service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking food qualityZackDined on 10/27/2014I had the prime rib it was excellent cooked the way I ordered it. The horseradish sauce had no heat at all, must have been too old. The potatoes au gratin were OK. The spinach salad was sad. In fact the one from Longhorn is 3 times the size and much tastier for the same price. I've been there before and had much a better meals every time. Someone is slipping in the kitchen.
- JudyDined on 10/27/2014Harry's is always a great place to go for lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific and I am a loyal customerBDISDined on 10/25/2014If you want outdoor dining-the Wilmington location is great for that- banquet facilities are A plus. Family dining is best for any night but Friday and Saturday after 8pm-more of an adult dining place then-Special Features:
- Weaver Business MtgEDocVIPDined on 10/21/2014A successful business mtg with outside consultants over a wonderful meal and a patient wait staff. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuckwheatDined on 10/19/2014My wife and son enjoyed the swordfish and Alaskan King Salmon, respectively. My prime rib was the usual high standard. I look forward to my next visit. I would dine here more frequently, but I live in northeast Philadelphia and it is about a 40 minute ride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's SavoyBarbaraTVIPDined on 10/19/2014Great food and service in Grill. Party of three enjoyed all of our food choices. Item not on menu was prepared especially well. Very happy that the restaurant is just two miles from our home. Thank you to everyone.Special Features:
- excellentmlmcfoodieDined on 10/19/2014Harry's is still a Wilmington gem. Fantastic. The brunch has such a tasty variety which was excellently prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great quality and price restaurantMonaVIPDined on 10/18/2014WE loved the fresh oysters great quality and the Blue point was the best. The appetizer Tuna Tartar with avacado and mango was one of the best, the Tuna was so fresh and the dish was excellent preparation by the chef, I do not think I will order that any where else as this was a hard to assemble by any one. My lobster main dish was as delicious and my husband loved his sword fish The overall night was a winnerSpecial Features:
- hardtopleaseDined on 10/18/2014We had dinner to celebrate our anniversary on a Saturday evening. The prime rib and filet with crab was delicious. Worth the money..We sat in the bar area by choice even though we had reservations for the dining room. We are more comfortable in the area and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomersSassyfox57Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I are repeat customers. We love the food, the portion sizes and the ambiance! The wait staff are friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The dinner for both was great. My wife enjoyed her seafood and I enjoyed the prime rib. Service was outstanding.. Soup was was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night club or upscale eatery?Frequentdiner1017Dined on 10/17/2014Great service, but the noise level from the DJ blasting music in the adjacent bar was too much. We actually insisted that it be turned down, or we would leave. The restaurant did lower the volume, which made the experience better. Harry's is a great spot for an above-average dinner, and the waiter was excellent. For the price, I'm sure most of our fellow diners would have preferred piano music, not the Rolling Stones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Silver oak cab was great. Crab cakes were excellent, Caesar salad good and oysters perfect. Cappuccino good. Have been dining at ' Admirals' Inn for 40 yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSullyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Excellent appetizers and the shaved brussell sprout salad was unbelievably good!! The prime rib was cooked perfect, and the sauteed lobster was excellent. A martini with bleau cheese olives starts an excellent meal. The wines by the glass is a generous list snf if you decide on a bottle, there's a lis including half bottles as well, and at all price points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnersilNJdomDined on 10/16/2014Wonderful food and service, we were served quickly but also left to enjoy our meals and each other's company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBobjak5Dined on 10/14/2014Harry's is a great place for a special meal whether it be just a couple or a wedding reception. The food and service is incredible!Special Features:
- Excellent MealMichaelDined on 10/11/2014Overall a very nice experience. First time at Harry's Savoy Grill. The food was very good and service was excellent. Our server Katrina was very attentive to our needs and kept the meal courses flowing at a very nice pace. Never felt rushed and there were no long pauses between coursed. All the food was delicious. We had an appetizer, salad, meal and dessert. I felt the prices were slightly high so I lowered the overall rating by 1 star. The prices would not stop me from eating here again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeffDined on 10/11/2014If you have peanut allergies, stay away from Harry Savoy. They use peanut oil. Why doesn't an upscale steakhouse use gourmet olive oil?
- Slow serviceMDDEDined on 10/7/2014I have been to Harry's many times. The food is good and consistent. The wait staff are good and helpful. However, this go around the service was really slow. It took a very long time for our oysters. Then it took even longer for our meal. It was a dinner meeting so it wasn't so bad but even my guest commented that it was taking a very long time. I will try Harry's again because I suspect that this was just an anomaly. However, I felt the constructive feedback would be helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014My family enjoyed brunch. I loved the warm pastries at the beginning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeFishDined on 10/4/2014The quality of the food and service was impeccable and that made for a memorable evening. Our group was celebrating my wife's 50th birthday and the staff was attentive to everyone's needs and allowed us to really enjoy our meal and share some laughs ! Thanks Harry's staff and management for getting it right from appetizer to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunch on the river.nightengalenanaVIPDined on 10/1/2014Learning a lesson from past visits and not being able to get a seat, we made a reservation for lunch before the theater. It was a beautiful day, so we were seated outside on the river, where we were treated to a bridge opening and watching the passage of the beautiful Kalmyr Nickle, Delaware's tall ship.The food was a perfect lunch menu of their version of a Cobb salad with scallops and the prix fixe lunch consisting of a squash quesadilla and grilled shrimp salad. The house wine was delicious. We were served by their usual charming and efficient wait staff. All in all a perfect lunch.Special Features:
- Disappointed in the Sunday brunchDisappointedDined on 9/28/2014I was expecting a buffet style Sunday brunch during my visit on September 28, 2014. I made reservations on line but they obviously weren't needed as we were the only 3 people in there at the time. The food was tasty but the only item of note was the add on sausages to the vanilla pancakes and the red velvet waffles. The service was excellent and the staff was friendly. I was visiting from out of town and had heard about the great Sunday Brunch but the local I went with was also surprised that there was no buffet.
- Great apps and salad choices.RobertDined on 9/27/2014If you are taking kids, ask to be seated in main dining area not the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.