Harry's Savoy Grill
2020 Naamans Road
Wilmington, DE 19810Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Harry's Savoy Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrys-savoy.com/
- Phone: (302) 475-3000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday 11:30am – 12:00am; Saturday 4:30pm – 12:00am; Sunday Brunch 10:30 - 2:00pm, dinner 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Leo Banks
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Harry's cater your next private party. Call Jenna Jackson for your next event. We can also cater in your home, office or wherever you choose!
- Private Party Facilities: Harry’s Savoy Grill can accommodate various private functions for up to 300 guests. For private dining events, corporate events, or wedding receptions, please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Jackson 3024753000x111
- Entertainment: Please check our web site (http://www.harryshospitalitygroup.com/harrys-savoy-grill/events) for this month’s entertainment and events. Live music every Friday night from 5:00-7:00PM and Saturday night from 8:30-11:30PM.
A word from Harry's Savoy Grill
Harry’s Savoy Grill features award winning aged prime rib and Iowa beef, homemade pasta, raw bar, and fresh creative seafood. The antique bar with gas lamps, fireplaces, cozy booths, and courtyard dining create a casual fine dining experience. The wine list is a "Spectator Award Winner." Harry’s Savoy Grill was voted Best of Delaware Restaurant. It’s convenient to I-95, Route 202, the Blue Route & offers upscale private dining for up to 300 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harry's Savoy Grill - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Harry's Savoy Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)fit for foodies (69)notable wine list (53)good for groups (53)neighborhood gem (50)romantic (41)great for lunch (30)vibrant bar scene (28)great for brunch (20)hot spot (14)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Consistently excellent local findAndiVIPDined on 9/21/2014On a Sunday evening, their prime rib special is both luscious and a great deal, including a glass of complementary house wine. Order the thick cut, add an appetizer or salad and dessert and there is more than enough to share and make it a great dinner for two. Consistnt quality, friendly and attentive service, casual atmosphere. The other dishes are great too.Special Features:
- beaannDined on 9/20/2014Great Food and Service but....don't sit in bar area if you want to enjoy your dinner "very noisy"Special Features:
- SandyDined on 9/20/2014We were a party of 10 and had excellent service as well as an excellent meal. I would recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterBEthe4thDined on 9/19/2014The major think that made it less than perfect was the place we were seated. My husband should have ask for a table on an area more private, but he always accepts what is given to him and never speaks up. The location by the entrance was busy and noisy; not so good for an older couple celebrating two very special occasions, my birthday and our wedding anniversary. I was looking for a romantic dinner, and because of where we sat it was anything but romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing. Expected more!!BWayDined on 9/12/2014Our server nvr came back after we weren't ready immediately. Had to ask someone to get her. Someone else took our drink/app order. Asked how the Harry's cool aid was-told it was sweet. It came to table dry and bitter. Had to ask that they add more strawberry lemonaid and simple syrup. Ordered entrees from still another svr. Asked for the duck to be well done. When the app nvr came, had to ask for that. Then mgr brought it after 3 others asked about it. They brought out the duck medium anyway and served w/ho cakes? Mgr asked how everything was. Told him I rqstd well. He had it cooked more. All of this and no other visit from mgmt and nothing taken off the bill. Never again!!! And they have commercials and do the chef's table on NBC!!! SMH!!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/8/2014My meal was great but the service was rather slow. It wasn't that busy but I still had to wait for everything.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014Our favorite spot for consistently excellent food, great drinks and wine list, comfortable surroundings, knowledgeable wait staff and just an overall pleasant dining experienceSpecial Features:
- pricey but deliciousLLnTTDined on 9/6/2014Everything we had was really good. Both seafood entrees were fresh and delicious; my softshell crab was beautifully presented and even better than I'd hoped. Desserts were especially good--gelatos were fabulous. Great wine selections too. Would've preferred some good, warm plain bread though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hooray for Harrys!!DissapointingDishVIPDined on 9/5/2014Both Harry's places are terrific!! Went to SAVOY Very good. Service always friendly.. I memorized menu Get the lobster roll $19.95 & it is a little smaller but fresh succulent lobster on a soft roll that never disappoints. Wish this place was in Philly. Good ride from center city but if you are in the Wilmington De are..GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place for a special daySail2ByzantiumDined on 8/31/2014We had our wedding reception here last year. The food, service, and ambiance was great. We went back for brunch to celebrate our anniversary and were greeted with the same high level of service. Get the PD Benedict, it is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prime ribShpnxsDined on 8/27/2014The food is consistent, service is great! Love the primerib and the crab cake was outstanding....90% crab...very little filling. I also loved the wedge and the fried calamari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FredDDined on 8/23/2014Prime rib was extraordinary! Service by Adam was OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014That was i first time at the restaurant the food was good and drinks were excellent really had a good time we were celebrating my husband 65th birthday!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYABLELuv2eatVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were taking my niece to U of D and had dinner. It was very niceSpecial Features:
- not happyLincolnDined on 8/19/2014Went for a quiet dinner didn't happen too noisy when asked to be moved to back room, a little quieter, hostess had a bit of an attitude Medium rare prime rib came out too rare, side of Au Gratin potatoes many potatoes not completely cooked. They put a lot of Rosemary on prime rib hate picking little sticks out of my teeth, killed flavor of the meat. Waiter (Wes)pleasant, accommodating excellent wine paring suggested for the meat
- Excellent Server, BENEeagnDined on 8/18/2014Our server, BEN, was very knowledgeable about the selections, his suggestions, which we took, were very spot on! We weren't planning on ordering a full bottle of wine, yet we DID! The food selections were exactly as he described too. Very delicious! Also, we were not planning on ordering dessert and yet we did! We had mentioned that we were celebrating our July birthdays so dessert came out with candles and a beautiful Happy birthday message on the plates!!!! We felt very spoiled and were there for 4 hours!!!!! We WILL be back as this was my FIRST time here!Special Features:
- Very good.DennieDined on 8/16/2014Our waiter Tyson was very pleasant. Our apps came out rather quickly, but it was a very long wait for our entees. ( good 35 mins).Special Features:
- So disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Soup over salted, Ceasar salad overpowered by garlic and service beyond bad. Definitely did not live up to its reputAtion. Expected better for the price of the food.
- My historical love affairSvoirfair1Dined on 8/10/2014This restaurant has a very warm spot for me . The memory of the days of The Kings Inn with the statue of Gambrinus ,The King Brewing Beer to today's Harry,s Savoy Grill metamorphosis to an elegance, sheik, cool, hip "joint". Love it and thank you and do not abandon me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice menu choices besides steaksbibelotDined on 8/8/2014very consistent restaurant with very good steaks, prime rib and fish dishes. this evening my husband wanted a steak but I was looking for something a bit lighter - the shaved broccoli salad and half serving of pasta was perfect. love the availability of French and Italian wines by the glass. our server was very pleasant and he remembered that my husband ordered his wine to come when dinner was served - and it arrived exactly at that time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best prime rib anywhereMSC24Dined on 8/5/2014My favorite (and I travel across the US) for prime rib. In fact, almost the only place I order prime rib since the mix of meat and fat is highly variable. Large portion (12 or 18oz.) of high quality beef, with good marbling and minimum fat. Also can get NY strip. Excellent selection of fresh oysters. Usually a limited selection of seafood (if this is your style, checkout the outstanding Harry's Seafood Grill). But this August, about varied seafood 6-8 entrees. Overall, consistently one of my favorite restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurandDined on 8/5/2014Cocktails, salad. and signature prime rib were exceptionally good. Clams casino on the other hand, though tasty were chewy and tough! We were a party of 2, and the bread basket consisted of 2 small half slices, one multigrain, the other raisin. The raisin was phenomenal. The waiter's response to my comment about it was that I could buy a loaf for $8. or $10. Not what I expected, as I thought another slice would have been offered! All in all, we enjoyed our meal and plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it used to beAnniversaryDinerDined on 8/4/2014I took my wife here for an anniversary (we were married here 5 years ago). Waiter was very good and staff was friendly. Misse dhaving wine flights selected by people in the know. Prime rib is always excellent but served too cold. My fish special was unexceptional. Ambiance was marred by poor choice of piped in music. We missed the tablecloths; table top and placemats were "icky" and the Harry's plate that dessert came out on was past its prime and should have been retired. Could have been a lot better, managers seemed unhappy and tired...Special Features:
- AngelVIPDined on 8/4/2014Took my sister out for a very special birthday lunch. Neither of us had been there for awhile. Superb menu that makes us want to come back more often. Impeccable service, relaxing ambiance, and perfect food. What more could we want! Thanks again.Special Features:
- Excellent as Usual!MrajDined on 8/3/2014Our brunch was great. The server was fantastic. Everything is excellent no matter what time of day you go. It is always a memorable experience going to Harry's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't skip the prime rib!foodtasterDined on 7/26/2014We were promptly seated in the side section of the first room, and happy the noise level there was low (one member of our party has difficulty hearing, and the acoustics in some areas can be poor). Four prime ribs were cooked to order with au jus and very mild horseradish sauce (3 medium rare, one medium well); the chef's portion (10 oz), the smallest available, was VERY generous, so we all took boxes home. Accompanied only by potatoes au gratin, served piping hot and delicious, we ordered two sides of spinach; each side easily fed two. Two of us had room for dessert, and ordered creme brulee. A slight disappointment: the creme was served quite warm instead of thoroughly chilled; the brulee was not crisp.Special Features:
- The following 1308 reviews are from the Harry's Savoy Grill reviews archive.
- reds1007VIPDined on 7/25/2014Always a reliable, enjoyable place to dine. Great singer in the bar during Happy Hour.Special Features:
- ConsistentPoppaSmurfVIPDined on 7/13/2014Harry's always puts a good meal on the plate. Never great, never poor. Today no different - we went for Sunday brunch. I had the salmon hash. The hash itself was quite good, but it was served with rolls of sliced smoked salmon, which was touch and without flavor. They'd have been better off putting another egg on the hash and calling it done.
- GoodPhillyfoodloverDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I dined at Harry's recently. Some aspects were great and some were OK. We had a late reservation and my husband was starving. When I told the waitress, she brought his prime rib immediately. That was great. My filet was excellent, but my procuitto appetizer was just so so. My husband thought the prime rib was a bit tough. Overall, they tried hard, but it wasn't quite as good as prior visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak and seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014We had a w We had a very nice dinner at Harry's. Nice outdoor patio, varied menu. Everyone had seafood and steak. The calamari was delicious as was the crab cocktail. Filets were a smidge overcooked but very tender. Crab cakes were very flavorful-not all lump crab but did not have any filler. Our waitress was fabulous-attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Atmosphere, a Bit OverpricedShanannonDined on 7/9/2014I came here with three colleagues for dinner during a business trip. The atmosphere is pretty cool- upscale but laid-back. The food was fairly tasty but it is a bit overpriced. This would be a good place to take clients or dates.Special Features:
- Great place for special occasionWildheartsDined on 7/3/2014Had a wonderful experiece at Harry's Savoy for our anniversary! Bar area is terrific and we had great drinks and met some new friends. We dined in main dining room and thoroughly enjoyed it. My husband had the prime rib, the signature dish, and it did not disappoint. Would highly recommend this terrific restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUSloveroffoodVIPDined on 6/29/2014great food, wonderful service! love the crab cakes .the brussell sprout salad was awesome! not something i would have liked right down to a great cup of coffeeSpecial Features:
- Great FoodVannort86Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary there and the food was great. I have no complaints about this place.Special Features:
- Exceeded our expectationsShpnxsDined on 6/28/2014It was a perfect night ...the food was outstanding and our waitress was fantastic. The prime rib was delicious and also loved the calamari! We cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great mealIronwolfVIPDined on 6/27/2014The menu is creative and varied, the food well prepared and flavorful, and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2014Good place to bring visitors--service though is slow but the staff is friendlySpecial Features:
- nice findLizbethDined on 6/21/2014Nice find while traveling.Fresh,seasonal salad and prime rib delicious. Their specialty. Excellent service and reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best prime rib periodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/21/2014If you want prime rib and like rosemary this is the place for you but bring your wallet. They charge top prices for top quality. The potatoes that come with it are wonderful as well. Good service. The entrance is a little weird. You have to go up steps to the front door and down steps into the dining room.
- Harry's is the best!GerardDined on 6/17/2014I have been going to Harry's for 30 years (since just about the time that they opened). I have to say that the food and the service is always the best. They print a new menu everyday. The atmosphere is much like a private club. I most like the room in the back of the restaurant. With its booths, dark woods and low ceiling it feels very private. The wait staff is well trained and attentive without being overly solicitous. The bar is a great place to gather and enjoy appetizers before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.