Harry's Savoy Grill
2020 Naamans Road
Wilmington, DE 19810Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Harry's Savoy Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrys-savoy.com/
- Phone: 3024753000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday 11:30am – 12:00am; Saturday 4:30pm – 12:00am; Sunday Brunch 10:30 - 2:00pm, dinner 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Leo Banks
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Harry's cater your next private party. Call Jenna Jackson for your next event. We can also cater in your home, office or wherever you choose!
- Private Party Facilities: Harry’s Savoy Grill can accommodate various private functions for up to 300 guests. For private dining events, corporate events, or wedding receptions, please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Jackson 3024753000x111
- Entertainment: Please check our web site (http://www.harryshospitalitygroup.com/harrys-savoy-grill/events) for this month’s entertainment and events. Live music every Friday night from 5:00-7:00PM and Saturday night from 8:30-11:30PM.
A word from Harry's Savoy Grill
Harry’s Savoy Grill features award winning aged prime rib and Iowa beef, homemade pasta, raw bar, and fresh creative seafood. The antique bar with gas lamps, fireplaces, cozy booths, and courtyard dining create a casual fine dining experience. The wine list is a "Spectator Award Winner." Harry’s Savoy Grill was voted Best of Delaware Restaurant. It’s convenient to I-95, Route 202, the Blue Route & offers upscale private dining for up to 300 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harry's Savoy Grill - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Harry's Savoy Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (44)neighborhood gem (44)notable wine list (39)romantic (35)vibrant bar scene (25)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (17)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- BuckwheatDined on 10/19/2014My wife and son enjoyed the swordfish and Alaskan King Salmon, respectively. My prime rib was the usual high standard. I look forward to my next visit. I would dine here more frequently, but I live in northeast Philadelphia and it is about a 40 minute ride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's SavoyBarbaraTDined on 10/19/2014Great food and service in Grill. Party of three enjoyed all of our food choices. Item not on menu was prepared especially well. Very happy that the restaurant is just two miles from our home. Thank you to everyone.Special Features:
- great quality and price restaurantMonaVIPDined on 10/18/2014WE loved the fresh oysters great quality and the Blue point was the best. The appetizer Tuna Tartar with avacado and mango was one of the best, the Tuna was so fresh and the dish was excellent preparation by the chef, I do not think I will order that any where else as this was a hard to assemble by any one. My lobster main dish was as delicious and my husband loved his sword fish The overall night was a winnerSpecial Features:
- Repeat CustomersSassyfox57Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I are repeat customers. We love the food, the portion sizes and the ambiance! The wait staff are friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night club or upscale eatery?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great service, but the noise level from the DJ blasting music in the adjacent bar was too much. We actually insisted that it be turned down, or we would leave. The restaurant did lower the volume, which made the experience better. Harry's is a great spot for an above-average dinner, and the waiter was excellent. For the price, I'm sure most of our fellow diners would have preferred piano music, not the Rolling Stones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Silver oak cab was great. Crab cakes were excellent, Caesar salad good and oysters perfect. Cappuccino good. Have been dining at ' Admirals' Inn for 40 yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSullyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Excellent appetizers and the shaved brussell sprout salad was unbelievably good!! The prime rib was cooked perfect, and the sauteed lobster was excellent. A martini with bleau cheese olives starts an excellent meal. The wines by the glass is a generous list snf if you decide on a bottle, there's a lis including half bottles as well, and at all price points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnersilNJdomDined on 10/16/2014Wonderful food and service, we were served quickly but also left to enjoy our meals and each other's company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBobjak5Dined on 10/14/2014Harry's is a great place for a special meal whether it be just a couple or a wedding reception. The food and service is incredible!Special Features:
- Excellent MealMichaelDined on 10/11/2014Overall a very nice experience. First time at Harry's Savoy Grill. The food was very good and service was excellent. Our server Katrina was very attentive to our needs and kept the meal courses flowing at a very nice pace. Never felt rushed and there were no long pauses between coursed. All the food was delicious. We had an appetizer, salad, meal and dessert. I felt the prices were slightly high so I lowered the overall rating by 1 star. The prices would not stop me from eating here again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeffDined on 10/11/2014If you have peanut allergies, stay away from Harry Savoy. They use peanut oil. Why doesn't an upscale steakhouse use gourmet olive oil?
- Slow serviceMDDEDined on 10/7/2014I have been to Harry's many times. The food is good and consistent. The wait staff are good and helpful. However, this go around the service was really slow. It took a very long time for our oysters. Then it took even longer for our meal. It was a dinner meeting so it wasn't so bad but even my guest commented that it was taking a very long time. I will try Harry's again because I suspect that this was just an anomaly. However, I felt the constructive feedback would be helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014My family enjoyed brunch. I loved the warm pastries at the beginning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeFishDined on 10/4/2014The quality of the food and service was impeccable and that made for a memorable evening. Our group was celebrating my wife's 50th birthday and the staff was attentive to everyone's needs and allowed us to really enjoy our meal and share some laughs ! Thanks Harry's staff and management for getting it right from appetizer to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunch on the river.nightengalenanaVIPDined on 10/1/2014Learning a lesson from past visits and not being able to get a seat, we made a reservation for lunch before the theater. It was a beautiful day, so we were seated outside on the river, where we were treated to a bridge opening and watching the passage of the beautiful Kalmyr Nickle, Delaware's tall ship.The food was a perfect lunch menu of their version of a Cobb salad with scallops and the prix fixe lunch consisting of a squash quesadilla and grilled shrimp salad. The house wine was delicious. We were served by their usual charming and efficient wait staff. All in all a perfect lunch.Special Features:
- Disappointed in the Sunday brunchDisappointedDined on 9/28/2014I was expecting a buffet style Sunday brunch during my visit on September 28, 2014. I made reservations on line but they obviously weren't needed as we were the only 3 people in there at the time. The food was tasty but the only item of note was the add on sausages to the vanilla pancakes and the red velvet waffles. The service was excellent and the staff was friendly. I was visiting from out of town and had heard about the great Sunday Brunch but the local I went with was also surprised that there was no buffet.
- Great apps and salad choices.RobertDined on 9/27/2014If you are taking kids, ask to be seated in main dining area not the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss or hit? Do avoid Mondays!foodtasterDined on 9/22/2014Dined twice in the past year. August 2013, excellent prime rib, smallest cut, very generous servings - no one could finish. Au gratin potatoes, good; side of spinach, enough for two people. Creme brulee, warm all the way through, and the top not crystalized. Waitress ought to have warned us. September, 2014 - same order, disappointing. Prime rib, same size ordered, was less than half the size of before. Au gratin potatoes appeared to be leftovers, scraped from a buffet table and thrown under the broiler, dried out, almost burnt. Not edible. The waitress apologized and offered to substitute mashed potatoes; I opted for spinach. Didn't chance dessert. The shrimp linguine was good. But really? Prime rib is their signature dish.
- Consistently excellent local findAndiVIPDined on 9/21/2014On a Sunday evening, their prime rib special is both luscious and a great deal, including a glass of complementary house wine. Order the thick cut, add an appetizer or salad and dessert and there is more than enough to share and make it a great dinner for two. Consistnt quality, friendly and attentive service, casual atmosphere. The other dishes are great too.Special Features:
- beaannDined on 9/20/2014Great Food and Service but....don't sit in bar area if you want to enjoy your dinner "very noisy"Special Features:
- SandyDined on 9/20/2014We were a party of 10 and had excellent service as well as an excellent meal. I would recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterBEthe4thDined on 9/19/2014The major think that made it less than perfect was the place we were seated. My husband should have ask for a table on an area more private, but he always accepts what is given to him and never speaks up. The location by the entrance was busy and noisy; not so good for an older couple celebrating two very special occasions, my birthday and our wedding anniversary. I was looking for a romantic dinner, and because of where we sat it was anything but romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing. Expected more!!BWayDined on 9/12/2014Our server nvr came back after we weren't ready immediately. Had to ask someone to get her. Someone else took our drink/app order. Asked how the Harry's cool aid was-told it was sweet. It came to table dry and bitter. Had to ask that they add more strawberry lemonaid and simple syrup. Ordered entrees from still another svr. Asked for the duck to be well done. When the app nvr came, had to ask for that. Then mgr brought it after 3 others asked about it. They brought out the duck medium anyway and served w/ho cakes? Mgr asked how everything was. Told him I rqstd well. He had it cooked more. All of this and no other visit from mgmt and nothing taken off the bill. Never again!!! And they have commercials and do the chef's table on NBC!!! SMH!!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/8/2014My meal was great but the service was rather slow. It wasn't that busy but I still had to wait for everything.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014Our favorite spot for consistently excellent food, great drinks and wine list, comfortable surroundings, knowledgeable wait staff and just an overall pleasant dining experienceSpecial Features:
- pricey but deliciousLLnTTDined on 9/6/2014Everything we had was really good. Both seafood entrees were fresh and delicious; my softshell crab was beautifully presented and even better than I'd hoped. Desserts were especially good--gelatos were fabulous. Great wine selections too. Would've preferred some good, warm plain bread though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hooray for Harrys!!DissapointingDishVIPDined on 9/5/2014Both Harry's places are terrific!! Went to SAVOY Very good. Service always friendly.. I memorized menu Get the lobster roll $19.95 & it is a little smaller but fresh succulent lobster on a soft roll that never disappoints. Wish this place was in Philly. Good ride from center city but if you are in the Wilmington De are..GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place for a special daySail2ByzantiumDined on 8/31/2014We had our wedding reception here last year. The food, service, and ambiance was great. We went back for brunch to celebrate our anniversary and were greeted with the same high level of service. Get the PD Benedict, it is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prime ribShpnxsDined on 8/27/2014The food is consistent, service is great! Love the primerib and the crab cake was outstanding....90% crab...very little filling. I also loved the wedge and the fried calamari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FredDDined on 8/23/2014Prime rib was extraordinary! Service by Adam was OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014That was i first time at the restaurant the food was good and drinks were excellent really had a good time we were celebrating my husband 65th birthday!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYABLELuv2eatVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were taking my niece to U of D and had dinner. It was very niceSpecial Features:
- not happyLincolnDined on 8/19/2014Went for a quiet dinner didn't happen too noisy when asked to be moved to back room, a little quieter, hostess had a bit of an attitude Medium rare prime rib came out too rare, side of Au Gratin potatoes many potatoes not completely cooked. They put a lot of Rosemary on prime rib hate picking little sticks out of my teeth, killed flavor of the meat. Waiter (Wes)pleasant, accommodating excellent wine paring suggested for the meat
- Excellent Server, BENEeagnDined on 8/18/2014Our server, BEN, was very knowledgeable about the selections, his suggestions, which we took, were very spot on! We weren't planning on ordering a full bottle of wine, yet we DID! The food selections were exactly as he described too. Very delicious! Also, we were not planning on ordering dessert and yet we did! We had mentioned that we were celebrating our July birthdays so dessert came out with candles and a beautiful Happy birthday message on the plates!!!! We felt very spoiled and were there for 4 hours!!!!! We WILL be back as this was my FIRST time here!Special Features:
- Very good.DennieDined on 8/16/2014Our waiter Tyson was very pleasant. Our apps came out rather quickly, but it was a very long wait for our entees. ( good 35 mins).Special Features:
- So disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Soup over salted, Ceasar salad overpowered by garlic and service beyond bad. Definitely did not live up to its reputAtion. Expected better for the price of the food.
- My historical love affairSvoirfair1Dined on 8/10/2014This restaurant has a very warm spot for me . The memory of the days of The Kings Inn with the statue of Gambrinus ,The King Brewing Beer to today's Harry,s Savoy Grill metamorphosis to an elegance, sheik, cool, hip "joint". Love it and thank you and do not abandon me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice menu choices besides steaksbibelotDined on 8/8/2014very consistent restaurant with very good steaks, prime rib and fish dishes. this evening my husband wanted a steak but I was looking for something a bit lighter - the shaved broccoli salad and half serving of pasta was perfect. love the availability of French and Italian wines by the glass. our server was very pleasant and he remembered that my husband ordered his wine to come when dinner was served - and it arrived exactly at that time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best prime rib anywhereMSC24Dined on 8/5/2014My favorite (and I travel across the US) for prime rib. In fact, almost the only place I order prime rib since the mix of meat and fat is highly variable. Large portion (12 or 18oz.) of high quality beef, with good marbling and minimum fat. Also can get NY strip. Excellent selection of fresh oysters. Usually a limited selection of seafood (if this is your style, checkout the outstanding Harry's Seafood Grill). But this August, about varied seafood 6-8 entrees. Overall, consistently one of my favorite restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurandDined on 8/5/2014Cocktails, salad. and signature prime rib were exceptionally good. Clams casino on the other hand, though tasty were chewy and tough! We were a party of 2, and the bread basket consisted of 2 small half slices, one multigrain, the other raisin. The raisin was phenomenal. The waiter's response to my comment about it was that I could buy a loaf for $8. or $10. Not what I expected, as I thought another slice would have been offered! All in all, we enjoyed our meal and plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.