418 Poyntz Ave
Manhattan, KS 66502Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrysmanhattan.com/
- Phone: (785) 537-1300
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room open for dinner service Monday through Thursday at 5:00 pm with last seating at 9:00 pm; Friday and Saturday at 5:00 pm with last seating at 10:00 pm.
Bar and Cocktail Area open Monday through Thursday at 4:00 pm until 10:30 pm; Friday and Saturday at 4:00 pm until Midnight.
Join us for lunch at Harry's Deli on Monday through Friday from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm. Located next door to Harry’s and operated by the same team. Harry’s Deli menu features items prepared with fresh and high-quality ingredients. Visit our
walk-through style deli for build-your-own sandwiches, daily specials, signature sandwiches, fresh salads and housemade soups.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Cadell Bynum
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Harry's offers limited private party accommodations for up to 25 people. Please contact the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Andrea Grier 785-537-1300x
A word from Harry's Restaurant
Located in the Historic Wareham Hotel, Harry's is known as Manhattan's premier fine dining establishment. The restaurant is best known for its classic-contemporary cuisine and gracious service. The Wareham Hotel atmosphere provides diners with a piece of history while offering a warm memorable elegance. Whether a romantic dinner for two, business meeting, or a special occasion with friends and family, Harry's will provide you with an unforgettable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Harry's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Manhattan ›
Harry's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We went for a date night and We enjoy the ambiance and and the food is amazing, our dinner experience lasted 2 hours that where full of great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Every part of our experience was wonderful. The food and wine were delightful. The atmosphere was quiet and romantic. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014Harry's is always a great choice for great wine and food pairings. Everything from the appetizer to the main course was perfect. My wife and I had a wonderful night out.Special Features:
- One great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/29/2014The food and service are always outstanding. I'm a traveling salesman. This is one of my favorite restaurants in a four state area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK if someone else is payingPracticalDined on 10/27/2014I have eaten at Harry's numerous times and find it best when I don't have to pay the check. To me the food does not justify the price and I have had at least half the items on the menu. For example, the Chicken and Shrimp Rice - Rice is very good but the chicken has a horrible sauce on it that no one at our table liked; steaks are good but the steak at Little Apple Brewery is much better and cheaper; so is the burger - ordered the Kobe Burger - bun was soggy from the juice and the 'truffle' fries (what little their were of them) were not even as good as McDonalds or Wendy's. Little Apple Brewery has much better burger and fries and at 1/3 the price. Over-priced but the only place is town to 'get fancy'.Special Features:
- Food a bit weakArchitectDined on 10/25/2014We both ordered steak dishes. My wife's fillet was a thin cut, in spite of being the larger portion. Thin filet's get dry and lose the limited juices over a thicker cut. The service and veggies were great. "Without asking they took the steak off of the bill....." They will still be our best stop in Manhattan, always...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Harry's has great service, food and wine. The wait staff is attentive, efficient and personable.Special Features:
- Wow!! What a great experience!!gailDined on 10/17/2014One of the best dining experiences we have ever had. The food was delightful. The server enchanting. We had a cozy booth off by ourselves. It was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Made reservations for my anniversary. Appetizers were a bit small but but the food was delicious. My wife had the sea bass special which was perfectly prepared and I devoured the duck breast. We brought our own wines and just relaxed and had a great time for hours. Highly recommend Harry 's. We even went back the following day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This reminds me of a puzzleLaytonDined on 9/18/2014When it comes to good anniversary ideas, this was my first pick. I've tried Umi and Four Olives and they don't compare to Harry's in terms of an excellent atmosphere. In my sweetheart's words, Harry's was very Laytonesque. Fine dining came at a good price with excellent service. The candle lit table was amazing. Needless to say, we chatted through the night while we enjoyed Crab Cakes, Melon Crab, and Crème brûlée.Special Features:
- Mixed EmotionsEaglesBestDined on 9/17/2014Wonder staff and great food. Noisiest restaurant I have even been. It was so loud it was difficult to hear any type of conversation. Don't be seated at any table near the kitchen entrance (middle of the restaurant). Every time the doors opened it was bright light on the dim light of the restaurant. Since the staff opened the doors dozens and dozens of time during dinner it was just light a strobe light staring at you right in the face. Noisy and the strobe light lessened the overall rating for the excellent food and staff.Special Features:
- Always a hit!Jepa2Dined on 9/16/2014We wanted to thank our friends for football tickets so took them to dinner at Harry's. We are never disappointed when we dine there. The food was delicious and the presentation was fabulous. The server was helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Fabulous!TrittieDined on 9/15/2014The service was OUTSTANDING! From setting up our open table seating to the Hostess to our incredible Wait Staff. I would have liked a little more lighting. . . The food was incredible, as we love a great steak when we eat out. The menu is easy to read and overall I would recommend Harry's to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LightningMcQVIPDined on 8/29/2014Normally a great place to eat, but they seemed overwhelmed by the Friday night crowd on a K-State Football weekend. Service was very slow, figured the bill wrong, steak was cooked too rare and had to be sent back, and the noise level was almost too loud to have a conversation. Think we'll stick to week nights and non-game weekends.
- Always know what to expectGmaCDined on 8/25/2014Harry's never disappoints! Always great food and impeccable service.Special Features:
- Great foodfoodieDined on 8/18/2014Food and service is outstanding. Staff made the evening a memorable event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had..DBakerDined on 8/16/2014a bad meal or experience at Harry's. We celebrate special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries and New Year's eve there almost each year now. Thankful for the great staff, delicious food and fantastic atmosphere! :)Special Features:
- WonderFULLwonderFULLDined on 8/12/2014My husband and I came here for my birthday, and Harry's did not disappoint. It is a bit on the pricey side, however it is completely worth it. Everything was so packed with flavor, my taste buds were going nuts! The waitress noticed that it was my birthday when she checked my ID, and surprised us with a free dessert of my choice! She was really friendly, and checked on us often, but not so often that it was obnoxious.Special Features:
- KSU1993Dined on 8/9/2014As always, the food was delicious and the atmosphere very romantic. The Filet Mignon Royale was our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoosterDined on 8/7/2014Excellent choice for someone that is looking for something more then "foo foo food". Excellent hor d' oeuvres....don't miss the lobster medallions. The chief competitor in town only offers one solid beef choice, while Harry's offers many steak choices as well as the prime beef....and you can still get your salmon if that is your favorite. We had the cheese cake and it was definitely worth every cent. Harry's reminds me of some of the finer eating establishments in Chicago....you feel like you are going to see Al Capone walk in the place....I like the look they project. It will cost you $50 to $75 per head with a few drinks but I think that is pretty reasonable considering the food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Love this place!AustinDined on 8/6/2014I took my wife to Harry's for our first and now third anniversary. We love the atmosphere and the service. The food is also great. The price goes hand in hand with the food quality; it is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioustominkcVIPDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful food and atmosphere. The best restaurant in Manhattan.Special Features:
- Special evening!dutchgalDined on 7/26/2014Celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary - Harry's was a perfect choice. Staff was friendly and welcoming. The food was excellent, probably one of the best "dining out" meals we've had in our 40 years together. (Nothing competes with Thanksgiving and Mom's Swiss steak!) Wish I could take home an entire pan of the manchego potatoes!Special Features:
- A true gemeatatmhkDined on 7/26/2014Manhattan is blessed to have Harry's, comparable to fine restaurants on the coasts, but not nearly as stuffy. Rivals any restaurant in KC. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniverseryJimTDined on 7/18/2014Wow, what a great place to celebrate. The food was great, the service was beyond great and the whole experience was well worth it. Better than any other restaurant in town. Really a gem and a fantastic value. I won't wait for a special occasion next time! Thanks Harry's!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/14/2014Just the best place in town for special events and nice dining! Great service too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food at this place was AWESOME!!! I was so impressed on how much our waitress knew about the Menu and the diffrent types of Wines and Beer that they had to offer. That was pretty amazing to me. We never ran out of drinks and didn't wait too long for our food. When we did get it, it was AMAZING!! My husband is a very pciky eater and he hardly ever says that anything was good. To him just about every place we go to eat, he says the food was "Ok", but at Harry's he said it was "GOOD," and it truly was. We were referred to Harry's by a couple of our co-workers, and we will be sure to keep this on our date night list!!!Special Features:
- DrCroakDined on 7/12/2014This was truly an amazing experience! My wife and i went to celebrate her birthday, the ambiance was great, service was great, and I ordered a 6" cake ahead of time that was just incredible!!! Everything seemed to taste better with each bite. Have already recommended it to friends, and will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerOnlytheGoodonesDined on 7/11/2014So many good things. The pizza appetizer, super. The sidecar cocktail was the right sweet. Good wine. Excellent Duck this go 'round. Previously had the small Filet Mignon and enjoyed that very much.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014Harry's is a gem. The food and service are as good as any restaurant in the country.Special Features:
- outstandingGord1980Dined on 6/28/2014We got married one year a go and had dinner there. I set it up to have it there agen. I have been there before and it has always been outstanding. The food is always delicious and looks wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/20/2014This restaurant had been recommended by several locals so when we were in town we tried it and loved it ! Extensive wine list with some out of the way findings, knowledgeable sommelier who made goo suggestions.. The wait staff excelled in service and presentation. I tried the foie gras and found it as good as any I have had around the world, the bisque soup was also well spiced...I highly recommend it. My entre, the trout was an unexpected combination of texture and flavor , and a generous portion. My wife tried the crab cakes...something I always compare to the years I lived in Baltimore...and they were wonderful..as was the filet. Our only disappointment was we did not leave room for dessert.Special Features:
- Expected better food for the priceAnonymousDined on 6/17/2014I wanted to like Harry's more than I ended up liking it. The restaurant is pretty, but that's really be best thing going for it. The $16 crabcake appetizer tasted alright, though it was on the dry side, made with tiny crab shreds (no lump), and clearly left to fry for too long since we had to scrape burned breading off of them. We both ordered the $38 filet mignon royale (topped with Bernaise and lump crab). The steaks were cooked as we ordered and tasted good. Though the asparagus served as a side had been cut into pieces (who does that??) and then overcooked. The mashed potato side was unremarkable. Nothing about our experience really made me want to come back.
- Harry's for special occasions!Luv2eatDined on 6/14/2014We eat at Harry's every time we are in Manhattan! It is hard to get a reservation, so try to plan ahead. It is in an old Hotel, a very cool place to have a restaurant! The food is always great and innovative, they have different specials every time we are there.Special Features:
- Very AccommodatingAbearDined on 6/10/2014The night we were at Harry's, there was a large party that we were seated next to, and we could not hear ourselves in conversation. As we had come to meet with some family members to make some decisions, we needed to be able to hear ourselves. Harry's staff was extremely helpful, and moved our party to a quieter corner in a booth, where we were quite happy. The service was friendly and understanding. Plus, it was a great meal.Special Features:
- Harry's RestaurantJoyXDined on 6/6/2014We've eaten at Harry's a couple of times and had a great experience both times. They have a wonderful menu with some original/exotic choices, and the place is beautiful: a historic building with booths perfect for a romantic dinner. The service was excellent, too. I'd highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gathering of friendsretiredarmywifeDined on 6/3/2014Our group of 6-8 people like to meet and have a quiet dining experience. A place where we (ages 60+) can talk and hear each other. At the same time enjoy quality food! My husband and I suggested that our group meet in Manhattan at Harry's. Three of the couples had never been before and so it was a new experience for them. We all enjoyed the decor; the ambience; the service and the food. The only thing that could be improved a bit would be the handicap bathroom; we had one lady in a wheelchair and the bathroom was a bit of a challenge. But overall a most enjoyable evening. We definitely be returning for another enjoyable gathering.Special Features:
- CliffDined on 5/31/2014Thanks for making our 40th wedding anniversary memorable. 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect date nightJaseDined on 5/23/2014Came to Harry's for a date and couldn't have been more pleased. From the service to the quality of food and atmosphere, my date and I were so impressed. This is a favorite of mine but my date had never been to Harry's. Needless to say, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasedhappyasaclamDined on 5/15/2014Fantastic experience overall--if in Manhattan again, my family and I will be headed to Harry's!Special Features: