Harrys of Hartsdale
230 East Hartsdale Ave
Hartsdale, NY 10530Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harrys of Hartsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harrysofhartsdale.com/
- Phone: 9144728777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Harrys website www.harrysofhartsdale.com list our catering package available in our house our yours for lunch, brunch, barbeque, cocktail party or dinner.
- Private Party Facilities: A great dining experience whether in our grill room (seats up to 40), upper tier dining room (great for large parties of 90 or less) or our beautiful wine room for private parties up to 20 people, Harrys is "the" place to gather family and friends for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Alfredo Salazar 9144728777
- Entertainment: Harrys has live entertainment every Thursday night. Check our website www.harrysofhartsdale.com or Facebook page for our band schedule as well as any upcoming special events we may have planned.
A word from Harrys of Hartsdale
A great dining experience whether in our grill room, upper tier dining room (great for large parties) or our beautiful wine room for private parties up to 21 people, Harrys is "the" place to gather family and friends for any occasion. The Grill Room is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. The Upper Tier is open Thursday, Friday, Saturday for dinner only or can be booked anytime for a private party. The wine cellar is by reservation only for parties of 12 or more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Harrys of Hartsdale - Best Restaurants in Hartsdale ›
Harrys of Hartsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Pat37Dined on 10/8/2014Appetizers great, entrees great but a little parsimoniousSpecial Features:
- HomebodyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food delicious, well-prepared. Service terrific...attentive and very pleasant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/14/2014Food and service are good. Really good local restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular Place in TownFoodieWestchesterVIPDined on 8/4/2014Convenient, across from Metro station. Food is good. Pizza excellent, Paella a little salty. Great drinks, great bar. All in all after many visits it remains a reliable placeSpecial Features:
- NancyWestchesterDined on 7/18/2014Food was good, service very attentive. A handsome neighborhood restaurant with a varied menu.
- The following 96 reviews are from the Harrys of Hartsdale reviews archive.
- Great night outSKaufDined on 6/18/2014A very nice experience on a beautiful summer night. Fresh seafood made the evening extra special.Special Features:
- Good and casualjbpd333Dined on 6/15/2014Comfortable setting with casual ambiance. The mozzarella / beefsteak salad was excellent. One entree was the Salmon and another was the Bronzino. Both cooked as requested. An overall very pleasant experience .Special Features:
- Casual yet satisfyingMarVicDined on 6/15/2014Do not be dissuaded by limited street parking. Plenty of parking in the municipal garage directly behind the restaurant. The place delivers a mix of a traditional bistro blended with an upscale expectations embedded in their sea food bar, good wine list and well prepared and well presented food plates. The fare is not too complicated but very tastefully prepared with right blend of seasoning and very inviting presentation. Dessert menu has something for all and the creme broulee is really highly recommended. A very relaxed atmosphere and attentive service is conducive to any meal during one might want to enjoy with good friends and family.Special Features:
- Power and management failureJModicaDined on 6/7/2014Not a good experience. Once we were seated upstairs and how ordered we were told that the computer system wasn't working and they could only accept cash. What we weren't told was that the power had gone out and the AC wasn't working. It got very hot upstairs, but no one from management checked on us until we were almost done with dinner. There were tables outside, but we weren't given that option. Also, the bar area downstairs is in an open atrium, and the noise comes directly to the upstairs area. My wife's food was very good, but my lamb dish was bland, There was almost no one there at 8pm on a Saturday night, and I can understand why.
- Don't botherShirlVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food was awful. Fish served uncooked. Potatoes were raw. The glasses of wine were skimpy. Stay away!
- Always a good timeRmedina999Dined on 5/11/2014Sitting upstairs around the balcony people watching is just plain fun. The food is superb as is the service. It is a really nice place to go to for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tried to pleasenylove4travelDined on 5/11/2014Nice dinner, portions a little small but reasonably priced. Burger not flavorful. Salmon nicely cooked. Hanger steak not cooked to one guest's request, but the server aimed to please. Tried twice to make it medium well, too rare. Chef wouldn't cook it well because it would get too tough. Guest offered another entree in its place. They tried hard to be accommodating.Special Features:
- Harry's has gotten even better!HollyVIPDined on 3/29/2014Haven't been to Harry's of Hartsdale in awhile and we wanted to watch March Madness on the TV's. We had the perfect table and the menu has included some new items. I had a spectacular lobster roll, omitted the French fries and had string beans. My husband had the pea soup with lobster and a pasta dish. The service was excellent and we will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemnntucktVIPDined on 3/29/2014When dining at Harry's, you get the feel that you are in a popular Manhattan restaurant. The atmosphere is vibrant, the food - delicious and the service - outstanding. Love the new menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's BrunchTamiVIPDined on 3/16/2014Went for brunch -- enjoyed so much we stayed for hoursSpecial Features:
- Cold!HomebodyVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food was good and nicely presented. Waitstaff were attentive, thought it took some time for our appetizer to arrive. The setting in the upstairs dining area where we were seated is very nicely appointed. Unfortunately, the temperature in the room vacillated from very cold to overly warm, and back again, over the course of our dinner. This Impacted our enjoyment of dinner to a significant degree..we needed to keep putting our coats on or taking them off, depending upon how the air was blowing.
- Great Food; Slow Service, No HeatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014Dinner menu has great choices for all (including vegetarian). Everything we ordered was excellent. Well seasoned, meat cooked to perfection as ordered, nicely presented. Portions of meat were on the small side for the men at our table. Zucchini ribbon appetizer was light, crisp, tasty. Risotto okay but nothing special. Nice, quieter ambiance in the upstairs dining room. Bar area is a more casual option for dining, especially with a larger group. Heating didn't work properly; cold air blowing on us all during dinner on a cold March night. Parking is a challenge; bring quarters for the public garage. The service was very capable and polite, but extremely slow. Servers disappeared for long periods of time; hard to track them down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Fun!LadyDiDined on 3/14/2014I met friends for dinner here Friday night and everything was top notch from service, ambience, food and decor. Food it above your typical bar food and was delicious. Plenty of choices for Lent observers, too! Excellence all around.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, has bothlocalfoodVIPDined on 3/8/2014Great restaurant, has both a light and full dinner menu so various members of your party can have what they want. Very consistent, go at least once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's been a few years andMartinVIPDined on 3/8/2014It's been a few years and gave them another chance. They are still challenged to put it together. Restaurant was about half full. It took 40 minutes to bring food. It will be another few years.
- Reasonably priced yummy food!GigiMcGDined on 2/22/2014The fish tacos are unreal! Wine is reasonably priced. Burgers are juicy and delish! Tuna was fresh and perfectly seared. Didn't care for the crepe dessert. We will be back soon for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BAD BAD BADJMJMDined on 2/14/2014Long wait, cold red wine, cold food, many other better places to go.
- Harry's of HartsdaleLoveAngelzDined on 2/14/2014My favorite restaurant. I have never been disappointed with the food, service, or ambience. Each time we go it just assures me that this is really the best in Westchester. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good neighborhood findporcheDined on 2/11/2014Harry's is consistently a fun place to dine. Service was excellent and the bartender gave us sizeable.cocktails! Lighting is perfect and the ambience is laid back. Not a place for screaming babies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just wild about Harry...CITYKIDDined on 2/8/2014Harry's never fails and we had a great meal and great time. The night was perfect.Special Features:
- Sat down. Got water from aMg123VIPDined on 2/1/2014Sat down. Got water from a busboy. Twenty minutes later, after no one came by our table, NO ONE, we got up & left.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/1/2014We enjoy Harry's ambience but the last 3 visits were disappointing - the upstairs seems to continues to be serviced by a single overworked but pleasant waitress and one busboy - management has to understand that they need extra help even if they stand around on slow nights - on most recent visit, fish & chips were way too heavily breaded and a steak sandwich was grizzled - hostess was not at all gracious and balked at request to dine upstairs - bar is always good but I truly hope they get their act together again - the menu that was updated a while back needs some more innovation too and pricing should be reconsidered - diners flee when they wind up dropping 90 bucks on uninspiring food, a couple of glasses of ok wine & inattentive service
- Not Quite Wild About Harry'sAndyMorseVIPDined on 1/25/2014Three of us in effect had a sampler menu. 4 appetizers and two entrees. Octopus salad,,fine. Snails ....more garlic than gastropod. Veggie burger,,fine..Cheeseburger adequate...frites..oily and stale. Service was fully agreeable..but rather slow. Watching kitchen work..fun...Piped music speaker directly over table...asked staff to reduce volume..choice of music (an admixture of new age and what sounded like garbage can lids being smashed together) dreadful. For a bite Harry's is fine and fair value. Andy MorseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DarkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014Food and service was very good but the upstairs dining room was very dark. Had to use the candle on the table to read the menuI would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodcarmb6VIPDined on 11/19/2013Food was dull, I was surprised that the food wasn't good. The best thing on the menu was the hamburger but for $20, it was way to expensive.
- DisappointedDisappointedDinerVIPDined on 11/16/2013Although we had been to Harry's many times over the many years we had not been there recently and looked forward to coming back. We brought our close friends with us. Although the food was as good as always, the service was terrible. It started out ok, declined to missing in action and ended up out right rude. This needs to be corrected or a solid dining institution will be headed to extinction.
- DisappointedKRS1Dined on 9/29/2013First time back to Harry's in a few years. Unfortunately it was not as good as it was before. Maybe because it was a Sunday afternoon, maybe there was change in management, but the food was not the high quality I remember .Special Features:
- AmazingMariabellaDined on 9/20/2013I've been here several times and this night was the Latin freestyle amazing night am out host was phenomenalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with a friend on a sat niteemelDined on 9/7/2013the restaurant was very attractive. the food was very good. it wasn't noisy-great for conversation. at least on that night. i understand that they have bands sometimes-not sure when that would be.. we stayed for 3 hours. i would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Lobster slidersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2013I am a huge fan of lobster rolls or sliders. I was a bit disappointed in how much celery and stuff was in the sandwich, I would rather pay a bit more, and get pieces of lobster than to have it chopped so small, honestly I couldnt tell it was lobster at all. But I love Harry's and the staff are positively special. I come there with my dog to sit outside and everyone is extremely friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice service, good decor, food -okArtieVIPDined on 7/27/2013overall a good experience, I had the muscles and found them a bit tough but not bad. Andrea had a burger as usual and was upset that they mix everything in the burger mix so you cant leave things out like the onions which she hates. Service was excellent, we sat outside and the experience was good.Special Features:
- Food not as good as I rememberedAndreaDined on 6/27/2013Food not as good as I remembered from years ago, and service a bit slow. At one point there were five wait staff chatting near the bar and yet we couldn't get our check.Special Features:
- Harry's has a wonderful atmospherenntucktVIPDined on 6/21/2013Harry's has a wonderful atmosphere - great music and spectacular food. The service is spot-on. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hartsdale eleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/24/2013We have been to Harry's many times and enjoyed it. The ambiance is pleasant, the service good and not overbearing, and the food in the past has been excellent. This time, we were a bit disappointed in the food. They have changed the menu a bit to, as our waitress explained, accommodate local tastes, and the filet that I had come expecting (and craving) was no longer on the menu. The hangar steak (steak frites) I ordered instead was very tough, almost unchewable. The potato latkes with the salmon were bland. However, the service remained delightful, the appetizers (salad, crab cakes, onion soup) delicious. We would go back, but with somewhat lower expectations.Special Features:
- Was very nice food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/19/2013Was very nice food was good but the restaurant was empty.... We didn't mind cause it made for quiet and good service. Would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.