Harry's Cafe and Steak
One Hanover Square
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Harry's Cafe and Steak
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrysnyc.com/index.cfm
- Phone: 2127859200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am; Lounge/Bar open later
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Joe Mallol
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Harry's Café & Steak offers the perfect location for events of every nature for both larger groups and smaller parties. Harry's never charges a room fee for any of these options.
A word from Harry's Cafe and Steak
With its large oval booths and rich bronze leather banquets, copper ceiling with walnut trim and particular lighting, the main dining room at Harry's Café & Steak caters to both Wall Streeters as well as residents of the burgeoning Financial district neighborhood. Patrons will immediately be drawn to the 47 foot bar, covered in solid, rich American Black Walnut. Gone are the six free telephones, stock ticker and munifacts machines that once graced the bar area of the original, replaced by a professional sound system and separate bar seating designed to create a distinct lounge area where guests can enjoy great cocktails as well as food. Our separate wine cellar dining room evokes memories of the original restaurant in a more intimate setting. The 70 seat wine cellar has its own entrance located on Pearl Street but is also accessible from the main dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harry's Cafe and Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (36)notable wine list (26)good for groups (23)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (18)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (14)romantic (13)late-night find (9)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Recommendation by FriendSnackmasterDined on 8/25/2014First time to NYC. Friend recommended Harry's. Great martini, lobster stuffed shrooms, caprese salad, bone-in filet and wine. Service was spot on in a space with great atmosphere that mixed well in its historic location. My wife loved her fish. "I'll be back!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal in a great placeBigdogDined on 8/16/2014We took our son and his fiancée to Harry's to celebrate their engagement. We had great service from the front door to the end of our visit. We were seated in a quiet, spacious booth, and had great drinks and wine, great appetizers and salads and wonderful entrees and sides. The advice on food was perfect. Our waiter Milan was superb, as was the whole table staff. I couldn't recommend it more highly. If there were 10 stars, I'd give them.Special Features:
- Not a great experiencebuzzbombVIPDined on 8/16/2014Just the facts ma'am. Our waiter was terrible ~ sooooo slow, never checked in to see if we needed anything. We had to ask other waiters for help. Ugh! The food was OK nothing great. The restaurant was freezing!!! And I mean really cold! I had a sweatshirt on and was still cold. The restaurant is VERY loud! Clearly not the best experience. With so many great restaurants to choose from in NYC I won't be going back here.
- Spectacular in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Took friends from Brazil to Harry's and they were impressed. The food was excellent, service impeccable, and evening delightful. We felt well attended while never rushed. I live in the neighborhood, but would even suggest a commute to the financial district for such a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageJimboDined on 8/13/2014For the price food was average. Service below average. Waiter did not pay attention to a lactose intolerance and the menu did not describe the presence of cream cheese on the tuna tartare.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014great restaurant week pick up. could've used more choices with their menu, but promo price to actual price was a bargain. food was awesome, place was extravagant, service was excellent.Special Features:
- Charged to refill my iced teaEmilyDined on 8/5/2014I had the cod fish special that was delicious. But I was unhappy to see on the bill that I was charged $3.75 to have my iced tea refilled. Really? How Un-American! I won't go back.Special Features:
- Attention to detailMoonmagpieDined on 8/4/2014I made a reservation with special notes to bring a chocolate dessert out for a birthday celebration. I have requested this of many restaurants, this was the ONLY place that actually got it right!! Kudos!!Special Features:
- Always a Sure Thing!LOVEDININGDined on 7/30/2014Go on Wednesdays, indulge in the beef wellington. I've never had anything that wasn't great here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable Dining ExperienceBoubbiDined on 7/26/2014I cannot wait to go back.This time WE will go for Brunch!!!Special Features:
- but for the tourists in shorts ....leslorockstarDined on 7/25/2014Harrys has always been very nice and a downtown staple. I guess because its summer and restaurant week the proliferation of families in tourist gear (statue of liberty hats??), and sloppily dressed was evident. That took away from the ambience. The food is delicious however as were the wine and cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Really nice dishes, fantastic ambiance tucked away in the financial district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentbonesDined on 7/18/2014The food was good, service was okay. The bus boys and food runners were much more attentive to our table then our server. When he was around he did an alright job but didn't really say much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really gone downhillmarissaDined on 7/12/2014at one point in my life, i came here EVERY SATURDAY for brunch ... i don't know what that says about me - other than i really liked the unltd. champagne cocktails & the food was pretty delicious. my every week later turned into once a season, and now maybe twice a year. it's a BEAUTIFUL location, but the cost of brunch is no where near the quality it once was. the bitter-tasting poached eggs scream "i've been sitting in vinegar all morning, waiting for your benny order," and $7 for a carafe of juice that use to be included in the champagne is borderline highway robbery. i want the Harry's of 2011 back... this recent visit was less than impressive.
- Great brunchdddcarVIPDined on 7/5/2014great Brunch, not that crowded, would definitely try it again.Special Features:
- O So Amazing!!!FoodisLoveandGreatTimesDined on 6/28/2014Brunch at Harry's is an amazing experience. The food is sooooooo tasty and we'll worth the price!! And who does not love unlimited champagne?!!! I have been 3 times for brunch so far and each time is as good as the last. I highly recommend coming here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseAltorojoDined on 6/24/2014A friend recommended Harry's and I'm glad she did. The porterhouse rivaled NYC's best, the wine list and sommelier were right on point, and the entire experience I felt was a great value. Time well spent. And Harry himself is quite a charm. Bravo.Special Features:
- BonnieDined on 6/24/2014great place but the noise level is terrible. can't hear a word anybody is saying. need to fix the acoustics.
- Solid brunch !SheritaDined on 6/21/2014I live in the neighborhood and I find myself at Harry's for brunch quite often, probably because of the unlimited champagne. The brunch is good, but not great. I ordered the Crab cake benny when I was there last and the crab cakes were able half of the size of the English muffin it was sitting on. Nonetheless, the service is fantastic as always so I will be back.Special Features:
- Superb food and servicesteakeaterDined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed a superb steak dinner while on vacation in NYC. We were told that other NY steakhouses are better than this one, but that is hard to imagine. Our waiter, from France, was great. Don't overlook Harry's Cafe and Steak if you are staying in or around Manhattan.Special Features:
- Can't go wrongBostonVisitorVIPDined on 6/17/2014Lunch crowd is very busy. Food is great. Seems like they rush you during lunch. Would recommendSpecial Features:
- Solid Lunch For BusinessRojasNYCDined on 6/17/2014Nice hosts, good service, solid food. Prices are a touch high but it's worth it to get a sure thing when entertaining.Special Features:
- DisappointedSarahVIPDined on 6/14/2014I had such high hopes for this place. My boyfriend and I had wanted to try it out for awhile. Unfortunately, we received the worst service I've EVER had. Our server stopped at every table but ours the whole afternoon. Then, when we were finished, she ignored our table for 45 minutes. I did, however, see her canoodling and kissing who I assume was her boyfriend near the servers' champagne station. I've never really had a complaint about service before as I typically am very easy to please. This was so bad that my boyfriend and I both felt offended and agreed that it's not worth another chance. We will not be back. Save yourself and go to Harry's Pizza Bar instead. Same owner, but completely different experience.
- Special eveningKevinVIPDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary here. Our servers were outstanding, the good was great and wine recommendation was spot on! Overall a great night. Highly recommend if you are in the financial district.Special Features:
- Great for meeting clientssalaminawoodsDined on 6/10/2014Although the noise level can be high, it's my 'Go To' location for lunch in the Wall Street area, especially when meeting clients.Special Features:
- Champagne brunch has changedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/31/2014The food is still wonderful. But it was way to easy to see the "champagne" at brunch has been changed to something that is difficult to drink. Perhaps this is a plan of theirs, but we had to get pitchers of juice when we wouldn't normally to mask the taste of the apple juice, super sweet stuff. Bubbles can be affordable and still taste better than what we had on sunday. Switch back Harry! We like your food-don't ruin the brunch with bad drinks!
- JSXXVIPDined on 5/29/2014Harry's has always delivered, day or night. This time our waiter was a bit excitable and when one of us wanted to know if she could change something he went into a terrible tizzy, even tho she said don't worry if you can't it's ok. He ran back and forth frantically from the kitchen to ask her a second time if she wanted to change.....But as always the food was great and the ambience is nicer since they renovated a few years back.Special Features:
- suitable for datinggigiDined on 5/23/2014great atmosphere with dark light. the food is delicious. but the temperature is a little bit cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Harry'sScaryChoeVIPDined on 5/19/2014Baby Field Green salad was delicious and the chardonnay vinaigrette dressing is one of the best dressings ever. The grilled asparagus was perfectly cooked, not overdone. The Maryland fresh jumbo lump crab cocktail is our "must have" every time we dine at Harry's. The lobster-stuffed mushrooms in lemon and white wine was outstanding and now my favorite dish! Harry's never disappoints and this time was no different!Special Features:
- Harrys NYOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/19/2014Great food and service. Really like the filet and side of mash and mushrooms. The wine was awesome too. Nice restaurant in the heart of NY financial district near wall street. easy to get to, friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Mixed ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Party of six for a Saturday night while in NYC for the Memorial. No complaints about the ambience or the service, but for the price, several in our party were disappointed with having their steaks overcooked. They ordered medium rae and they came out medium to well done. Strangely, for a reputed steak house, the scallops and striped bass entrees were perfect. Healthy pours on the cocktails.Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchPinksunsetDined on 5/17/2014I was running late because of the Brooklyn Marathon. But when I got there my guest and I were seated right away. It took a while for our waiter to arrive. I had to get another waiter's attention and I asked if he knew who was supposed to serve us and he said no but he took our order for us. When we finished eating I had to ask the guy who kept pouring our champaign for the bill. I come here all the time, this is the first time this happened (waiting a while to get your order taken and also to receive the bill). Overall we still had a good time and that's important.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceFlemingsDined on 5/14/2014Although the runner confused our meal with the couple next to us the service and food was excellent. Will return while in the lower Mnahattan Area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/8/2014Great service and excellent food. Bar scene is very energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 376 reviews are from the Harry's Cafe and Steak reviews archive.
- Fun nightClaybirdDined on 4/29/2014Very nice place to eat, in an exciting area ig New York! Service was excelent!Special Features:
- Great for business lunchesDanielDined on 4/22/2014Excellent food & service. Great place for discussing business. Wall St gem.
- Great, Reasonably priced, DinnerDimochkaDined on 4/19/2014We went with a group of four on a Saturday night, and arrived 15 minutes late. I assumed that the lateness would hold the restaurant up a bit, but we were given a table immediately. Food was great, especially the tri-color salar and the burger. For some reason, the drinks took longer to arrive than the food, but we inquired and were told that the bartender is very busy and will be bringing them shortly. They arrived within 5 minutes of our request. Overall would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great experienceLuve2dineDined on 4/19/2014We were very happy to discover such a restaurant close to our hotel in Wall Street. The food as well as the service have been outstanding. The wine list is really impressive. We really enjoyed our dinner and our lunch there very much. We can highly recommended this place.Special Features:
- Fabulous!LipstickdivaDined on 4/19/2014It was my mom's 70th birthday and she wanted to eat at Harry's. We arrived on the earlier side and the restaurant was quiet, calm and softly lit. Wonderful selection of wine. Our salad and meal were intensely delicious! Our wait staff was beyond attentive and our fabulous waiter suggested the incredible carrot cake and he even sang Happy Birthday to my mom. We WILL eat here the next time we are in New York.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/19/2014average brunch for new york city. Large portion size, reasonable selection. Free champagne is sweet tasting, which makes it very drinkable.