Harry's Bar & American Grill
4370 La Jolla Village Dr
San Diego, CA 92122Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Harry's Bar & American Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harryslajolla.com/
- Phone: 8583731252x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alejandro Vicens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have three options for private events at Harry’s Bar. The first is our Hemingway room which offers elegance and privacy for up to 18 guests. We also have the Atrium with seating for up to 50 guests and features views of the beautifully landscaped office park surrounding Harry’s Bar. Finally, we are also able to make distinctive semi-private arrangements in our main dining room for any size group. In addition, you are welcome to take over the entire restaurant with sufficient notice. Our private event coordinator is available to assist in creating a unique event in our warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Chelsea 6197291031x
- Entertainment: Join us and be delighted with our Live Jazz band every other Saturday from 6pm to 9pm.
- Cross Street: Executive Way
- Public Transit: Because of the proximity with UCSD and UTC shopping center, we have several bus stops and diverse means of public transportation.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Harry's Bar and American Grill is located near a self-parking structure which we validate for 3 hours, as well as a highly efficient and convenient valet service for just $3. Located just past Executive Way on La Jolla Village Drive in the Northern Trust Building.
A word from Harry's Bar & American Grill
...a close relative of the world famous bar in Venice, Italy. Our restaurant is a first-class destination whether you are in the mood for a light lunch with friends or business associates, craving a traditional Italian favorite, or looking for an exquisite, romantic dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Harry's Bar & American Grill - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Harry's Bar & American Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (40)special occasion (29)neighborhood gem (27)romantic (25)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (14)notable wine list (14)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful ExperiencejjfenderDined on 8/23/2014Saturday evenings at Harry's frequently include the wonderful world-class jazz of Jaime Valle and his trio. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is beautiful. My Ravioli D'Aragosta could have had a little more lobster flavor and less pasta but the Bruschetta was delicious. My wife had the Capellini Pomodoro which was very good. A real plus is half off bottles of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortableJoyfullDined on 8/12/2014Harry's was fine. Nothing outstanding unlike the others I've enjoyed. I had the mussels and they were tiny with little flavor. Bonefish does them better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusicGarrett23VIPDined on 8/9/2014Finally, a place for quiet, romantic jazz. It was not obtrusive.Special Features:
- Great business lunch.mamatVIPDined on 8/8/2014Nice lunch, with clients! Convenient for business lunch and not so run of the mill.Special Features:
- Good food but ambience needs help!NeighborVIPDined on 8/5/2014Such a beautiful patio outside closed on such a nice night. The place could be just great -- yet it just misses! Food is delicious but the place is not warm and comfortable.
- Great Dinner FindFachoyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Used Living Social coupon to dine at Harry's Bar & American Grill and was very pleased to have a wonderful dinner experience. The cocktails were very good and the menu offerings offerings. The rack of lam, sea bass and seafood llinguini were all excellent with the fine desserts to compliment the wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well doneStevoskiVIPDined on 7/30/2014A very good fine dining experience. The food was very well done and the service was also very good.Special Features:
- Great IntroductionToddIsHereDined on 7/30/2014We used the Living Social deal to try this restaurant for the first time, and so glad that we did. Great date night with my lovely wife. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- More of a business restaurantNeighborVIPDined on 7/29/2014Seems clear that most people there for lunch are in business meetings. Good food and good service.Special Features:
- Dinner at Harry'sRunner50Dined on 7/24/2014Great spot for good food and wine prior to going to theater at La Jolla Playhouse. Have never had a bad lunch at this restaurant and now I can include dinner. Portion size was perfect.Special Features:
- Great business lunchCorvidaeLTEDined on 7/18/2014Food was great, environment and setting was awesome, great place tucked away among the office buildings.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Ordered salad & ravioli and the ravioli was served first followed by a long wait for the salad. No one came by for so long we ran out of time for dessert. Not the service I expected at Harry's.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/10/2014Dependable for a business lunch. Good food and service, and a place to see and be seenSpecial Features:
- Best lunch in San DiegoHarrysDined on 6/25/2014Truly the best restaurant in all of San Diego to me. I have been having lunch at Harry's for ten years and I see a lot of the same people working there to this day. They mix up the menu and aren't afraid to get creative while keeping an almost snobbish sophistication without going overboard. It's a pleasure to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to Harry'sjjfenderDined on 6/21/2014We just had a wonderful meal and with half off a bottle of wine it was very reasonable. They had great live jazz featuring Jaime Valle and Holly Hoffman. These master musicians were not too loud and helped to create a five star ambience. We will definitely be back to Harry's.Special Features:
- New FavoriteLooking4agemDined on 6/20/2014Last minute choice on a Friday night and what a great find! Food was superb, and both steak and sea bass were perfect. Service was excellent and they went the extra mile to ensure that our dining experience was a pleasant one. Good selection of reasonably priced wines too. Harry's is a restaurant we will definitely be visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Fresh FishLizaDined on 6/20/2014Always the freshest fish and well presented...wonderful wait staff and a great patio!Special Features:
- I think our waiter forgot about usAprilGVIPDined on 6/17/2014I did have a reservation since I used Open Table but when I arrived I was seated in a far off corner of the patio instead of the dining room. I was fine with it except the wait person never seemed to make it out to our table. We did get drinks but no bread, ever. She did not check on us even one time throughout the meal until it was time to drop the check. This place has always been a go to lunch place but it usually has better service. The food was good- I had a sea food cobb and that was lovely.
- stephen731Dined on 6/17/2014Very pleased with the experience. I would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New owner of Harry'sGarrett23VIPDined on 5/15/2014The new ownership has significantly improved all aspects of the restaurant - ambience and menu. Staff is now well trained.Special Features:
- Business LunchPaulVIPDined on 5/14/2014Great place for a business lunch. Good food and quiet enuf to talk.Special Features:
- nicely surprisedShortOneVIPDined on 5/9/2014Harry's is tucked in between business buildings, although it is close to a large shopping center. Unlike the Harry's in Venice, this Harry's was quiet and not busy. We started during happy hour on a Friday night and our meal went into the evening hours. It was not loud, nor did it become crowded. Initially the crowd seemed to be folks from the local businesses having a drink after work, then was older clientele. Complimentary garlic bread and bread sticks were served- highly recommend at least a taste of these. The meat and cheese board was delicious. Veal piccata had excellent taste and did not require a knife to cut the meat. I had the fillet medallions which were perfect. The wine selection was a bit limited, but adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 48 reviews are from the Harry's Bar & American Grill reviews archive.
- Birthday dinnerUTCDenizenDined on 4/25/2014We found Harrys to be conveniently close enough to walk to from home. The food was very good, as was the wine. A particular favorite was the garlic bread served before dinner. It was quiet for a Friday evening after work which recommended it to us for further possible outings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!RonkeidarDined on 4/4/2014We had a most wonderful family dinner. The place is very romantic, relaxed and quite. The service was excellent. Our son asked for Spaghetti Bolognese, although it was not on the menu, the waiter promised my son, they would prepare one especially for him. Indeed, the entree was fresh and delicious!!! We loved the onion soup, which was rich very tasty. We enjoyed the salmon dish and the wine recommended by the waiter was excellent. We had a great experience and definitely will return for more dishes. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:
- A great restaurantJudyMDined on 4/4/2014We went here for my husband's birthday. We thought the menu was quite extensive - enough choices for a wide variety of tastes. The service was wonderful. The hostess was very welcoming. Our server was very attentive and took the time to talk to us. The food was excellent and just the right amount. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lttle place to enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014Great lttle place to enjoy good food and have a conversatin where you are not competing with the ambient noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always the very best fishLizaDined on 4/3/2014always the very best fish preparation- Their Salmon Slad is a wonderful lunch meal-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fireside attentionRomanceSeekerDined on 3/31/2014We dined on the outdoor patio, in front of the fireplace, with an additional ceiling heater fired up. The room cleared quickly and it was ours alone for the rest of the evening. We ordered an expensive bottle of wine from 2007, and I tested it. It was turning, falling apart. I asked to have a wine expert come out and verify it, because you don't just reject a bottle if you don't like it. Indeed, it was souring and we ordered a different bottle, even more expensive which was an absolute beauty. Our dinner was cooked perfectly and everything was fresh and delicious. The staff turned down the lights for us to add to the romantic atmosphere, and brought us a birthday tiramisu at the end of the evening. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Harry's Bar and GrillDiningLadyDined on 3/26/2014I will come back. Loved the bread and crackers, ice tea and the good service. Would like to come back for dinner and martinis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful EveningelytheeelDined on 3/25/2014The food was tasty, the service was friendly and attentive, the prices were fair, the menu is just right. This is the kind of place where you could easily spend several hours and never know the time had elapsed...very European in that regard. We'll be back, for sure.Special Features:
- quiet spot near UTCmelo33Dined on 3/22/2014The restaurant was very nice, good service and the kids enjoyed themselves. The accommodated to the kids. The lamb and risotto were very nice and not too heavy or fatty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Great atmosphereStephVIPDined on 3/21/2014Fun and vibrant atmosphere. The food was out of this world and the service was superb. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Power LunchAlwaysEatingOutVIPDined on 3/21/2014Harry's is always a great place to take a client. I am sure that the diner and bar scene are just as goo I have just never been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's DisappointmentIreneDined on 3/18/2014I've eaten here before & was well pleased. This time, however was far below expectations particularly in view of the fact that I took someone from out of town. He was not impressed. Food: meh, overpriced, not worth the money. Service: indifferent, rushed.
- Nice ambiance for meeting friendsPaulDined on 3/13/2014We enjoyed our evening with friends at Harry's! The service was great, the food was delicious, and it all worked out to be a nice evening!Special Features:
- Enjoyable but DifferentIluvdelmarDined on 3/10/2014Took my wife for her birthday and had a very nice meal. Petite filet was delicious. What was different was that you could not select your sides. You had to go with the potato and veggie of the day. In our evening's case, roast potato and what appeared to be watercress. But it was good. The shrimp cocktail appetizer was also unusual but very tasty. 10 peeled shrimp in Harry's homemade cocktail sauce with chopped onions and avocado. Decor is very nice, lots of room and excellent for parties large or small.Special Features:
- Always a great high energychickenhawkDined on 3/5/2014Always a great high energy power lunch location! Classy, efficient and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a nice restaurantCCPMIGDined on 2/22/2014This is a nice restaurant with a decent wine list. Many options to chose from on the food list as well. Comfortable dining atmosphere. Would not hesitate to return.Special Features:
- Belated Valentines !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2014My wife and enjoyed another great evening at one of our favorite places! Never disappointed !Special Features:
- Business lunchmikeVIPDined on 2/21/2014This is a nice place for a business lunch. Not much of a view, but no one seems to mind. Service is impeccable. Food is very good. Never thought of going there for dinner given its location and inconvenient parking.Special Features: