Harry's Bar & American Grill
4370 La Jolla Village Dr
San Diego, CA 92122Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Harry's Bar & American Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harryslajolla.com/
- Phone: (858) 373-1252
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alejandro Vicens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have three options for private events at Harry’s Bar. The first is our Hemingway room which offers elegance and privacy for up to 18 guests. We also have the Atrium with seating for up to 50 guests and features views of the beautifully landscaped office park surrounding Harry’s Bar. Finally, we are also able to make distinctive semi-private arrangements in our main dining room for any size group. In addition, you are welcome to take over the entire restaurant with sufficient notice. Our private event coordinator is available to assist in creating a unique event in our warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Chelsea 6197291031x
- Entertainment: Join us and be delighted with our Live Jazz band every other Saturday from 6pm to 9pm.
- Cross Street: Executive Way
- Public Transit: Because of the proximity with UCSD and UTC shopping center, we have several bus stops and diverse means of public transportation.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Harry's Bar and American Grill is located near a self-parking structure which we validate for 3 hours, as well as a highly efficient and convenient valet service for just $3. Located just past Executive Way on La Jolla Village Drive in the Northern Trust Building.
A word from Harry's Bar & American Grill
...a close relative of the world famous bar in Venice, Italy. Our restaurant is a first-class destination whether you are in the mood for a light lunch with friends or business associates, craving a traditional Italian favorite, or looking for an exquisite, romantic dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Harry's Bar & American Grill - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Harry's Bar & American Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)great for lunch (41)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (35)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (26)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (21)scenic view (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- The lamp chop was superb and melted in my mouth.SunnyDined on 11/15/2014This was our fifth time at Harry's. The food is always excellent and diverse. Love the live music and the old restaurant feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good italiandineODined on 11/12/2014We go to Harry's a lot because the food, service and ambience are consistently great, and the prices are reasonable. It's in a slightly unusual location, in an office building on a busy street, but they have easy valet parking and once you are inside, it's all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halibut PERFECTLY preparedMrGreggDined on 11/6/2014I had scheduled a business lunch, and all of us ordered the "daily special." It was halibut with some vegetables and a small salad. Although a cold salad should NOT be placed on a hot plate, the fish was done to perfection and the vegetables were very flavorful.Special Features:
- Overpriced and sub par servicefootball63Dined on 11/4/2014This was my first time dining at Harry's. I was expecting more. The food was just ok and seemed very overpriced for what you get. Our waiter was not very attentive and was very slow. Maybe he was new or still in training, but even the very basics of being friendly and attentive was not there. I won't be returning to this restaurant.
- Hidden GemLynneKDined on 11/3/2014We even had a hard time finding the sign from the busy street with the UTC mall across the street because nestled in pine trees with a trickling fountain was Harry's tucked away in another world. We had a Living Social voucher & were not especially dressed up but were not snubbed as in some upscale steakhouses. The wine list was impressive without ridiculous prices. The scallops in saffron was best appetizer ever. I had the sea bass & my husband had the salmon, trying to appease our doctors request for less steak & more seafood. Both were delicious without that fishy taste from not being fresh enough. It was the perfect date night ambience with white lights twinkling on the patio & muted conversation from the bar. Thanks, it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Matt SezbigmattVIPDined on 10/29/2014Had dined here once before, but nothing memorable, but we did try it again. I'm a big steak carnivore, had the New York, my lady had the ribeye steak. They were both excellent!! And reasonably priced compared to other better known steak houses. We both had plenty to take home. We do not live close by, but will return in the future for more of their wonderful steaks!!! Wine list was a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stay for lunch not dinnerMarkVIPDined on 10/25/2014I have been to Harry's at least a half dozen times for lunch and it is always happening, vibrant and a great place to meet and eat. Sadly, this did not translate to dinner. We sat down to a table right next to the jazz band and had to be moved so that we could have a conversation. they put us outside and then we were in siberia. Waiter came by only occassionally, and never brought bread, they poured regular water into our pelligrino and did not clear app plates until we asked them to do so. The food itself was just OK. At best. I felt like I should have stayed home and made my own dinner as I would have done a better job then the chef. I will NEVER go back there for dinner, but will continue to show up for the oocassional lunch.
- Pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Upscale atmosphere and prices. Great live music. Service is a bit casual for the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VegasluverDined on 10/22/2014We had a nice experience at Harrys Bar and Grill. I had the lamb chops and they were delicious. Even the next day they were still good. I could not eat them all. My friend had the lobuster ravioli and said the dish was very good. Overall our experience was good. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. We will come again. The only negative was trying to find the restaurant in the office complex was difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014It's pricy and we felt the service depends on the servers and customers. Our server made us the feeling of leaving there soon. It was really uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Sadly DisappointedzzzchVIPDined on 10/18/2014We have eaten at Harry's before. This time was very disappointing. The food was just fair and the service was downright awful. We do not expect to return.
- Love itHappyEaterDined on 10/13/2014Always the perfect place. Everything is good.....food, menu, service, setting. We're never disappointed.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014My friends and I went here to celebrate my birthday and I am very happy that we did. The Hostess welcomed us with warmest greeting. The atmospher was Great and the Wait staff was very attentive. The food was Excellent. We were all very impressed and all smiles. We were happy that the Valet parking was only $3. The Jazz Music was a Bonus!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Thank you for always taking such wonderful care of me when I come into your restaurant and for making sure that I get my favorite table. You make me feel like a movie star when I come in, and I appreciate all that you do to make every visit extraordinary!! Excellent service every time!Special Features:
- Excellent!kotelqtrDined on 10/1/2014The service, food and ambiance were all great! It was a specie evening to celebrate a birthday and everything could not have been better.Special Features:
- Not if you are hungryhungry2eatVIPDined on 10/1/2014This is an almost elegant restaurant. We were in a booth opposite a man who probably wanted to tell the whole restaurant how rich he was. Food was great. I had the crab cake appetizer. I tried to ask 2 of the folks who came to the table to clear and to serve what kind of crab was in the cake. They answered yes. I gave up asking. I wonder if the restaurant knows or cares that some their staff who interact with patrons. can't communicate with them. It seemed to take an eternity between courses. to the point we were told a couple of times that "the food is coming".Special Features:
- ShellieDined on 9/25/2014Food and service at your restaurant make this a great experience.Special Features:
- PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The patio dining overlooked lots of trees, vegetation and a pond.
- WE FOUND ANOTHER GEM!dpkraftVIPDined on 9/17/2014This place is top shelf, the food and service is a 10 out of 10!Special Features:
- DisappointedEatOutOnFridayDined on 9/5/2014We've been to Harry's several times and very much enjoy it (especially on 1/2 price wine night!). Our daughter chose it for her birthday dinner the last time we were here it was so good. Maybe the anticipation inflated our expectations but eight of us left disappointed. They didn't have my favorite salad or our daughter's favorite raviolis (the raviolis may have been a special last time?) but it wasn't really the food that led to the overall feeling of disappointment. The service was inattentive at best. The restaurant wasn't even 1/2 full yet our waiter never refilled our wine glasses or offered extra bread, we had to ask for more water and when we said we were ready for the check we didn't see him for almost 10 minutes.Special Features:
- maxsDined on 9/3/2014Food and service were excellent. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- open table bluesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014The chicken in the chicken caesare was dry and over cooked, but the ambience and experience were over-all enjoyable.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperiencejjfenderDined on 8/23/2014Saturday evenings at Harry's frequently include the wonderful world-class jazz of Jaime Valle and his trio. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is beautiful. My Ravioli D'Aragosta could have had a little more lobster flavor and less pasta but the Bruschetta was delicious. My wife had the Capellini Pomodoro which was very good. A real plus is half off bottles of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortableJoyfullDined on 8/12/2014Harry's was fine. Nothing outstanding unlike the others I've enjoyed. I had the mussels and they were tiny with little flavor. Bonefish does them better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusicGarrett23VIPDined on 8/9/2014Finally, a place for quiet, romantic jazz. It was not obtrusive.Special Features:
- Great business lunch.mamatVIPDined on 8/8/2014Nice lunch, with clients! Convenient for business lunch and not so run of the mill.Special Features:
- Good food but ambience needs help!NeighborVIPDined on 8/5/2014Such a beautiful patio outside closed on such a nice night. The place could be just great -- yet it just misses! Food is delicious but the place is not warm and comfortable.
- Great Dinner FindFachoyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Used Living Social coupon to dine at Harry's Bar & American Grill and was very pleased to have a wonderful dinner experience. The cocktails were very good and the menu offerings offerings. The rack of lam, sea bass and seafood llinguini were all excellent with the fine desserts to compliment the wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well doneStevoskiVIPDined on 7/30/2014A very good fine dining experience. The food was very well done and the service was also very good.Special Features:
- Great IntroductionToddIsHereDined on 7/30/2014We used the Living Social deal to try this restaurant for the first time, and so glad that we did. Great date night with my lovely wife. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- The following 62 reviews are from the Harry's Bar & American Grill reviews archive.
- More of a business restaurantNeighborVIPDined on 7/29/2014Seems clear that most people there for lunch are in business meetings. Good food and good service.Special Features:
- Dinner at Harry'sRunner50Dined on 7/24/2014Great spot for good food and wine prior to going to theater at La Jolla Playhouse. Have never had a bad lunch at this restaurant and now I can include dinner. Portion size was perfect.Special Features:
- Great business lunchCorvidaeLTEDined on 7/18/2014Food was great, environment and setting was awesome, great place tucked away among the office buildings.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Ordered salad & ravioli and the ravioli was served first followed by a long wait for the salad. No one came by for so long we ran out of time for dessert. Not the service I expected at Harry's.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/10/2014Dependable for a business lunch. Good food and service, and a place to see and be seenSpecial Features:
- Best lunch in San DiegoHarrysDined on 6/25/2014Truly the best restaurant in all of San Diego to me. I have been having lunch at Harry's for ten years and I see a lot of the same people working there to this day. They mix up the menu and aren't afraid to get creative while keeping an almost snobbish sophistication without going overboard. It's a pleasure to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to Harry'sjjfenderDined on 6/21/2014We just had a wonderful meal and with half off a bottle of wine it was very reasonable. They had great live jazz featuring Jaime Valle and Holly Hoffman. These master musicians were not too loud and helped to create a five star ambience. We will definitely be back to Harry's.Special Features:
- New FavoriteLooking4agemDined on 6/20/2014Last minute choice on a Friday night and what a great find! Food was superb, and both steak and sea bass were perfect. Service was excellent and they went the extra mile to ensure that our dining experience was a pleasant one. Good selection of reasonably priced wines too. Harry's is a restaurant we will definitely be visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Fresh FishLizaVIPDined on 6/20/2014Always the freshest fish and well presented...wonderful wait staff and a great patio!Special Features:
- I think our waiter forgot about usAprilGVIPDined on 6/17/2014I did have a reservation since I used Open Table but when I arrived I was seated in a far off corner of the patio instead of the dining room. I was fine with it except the wait person never seemed to make it out to our table. We did get drinks but no bread, ever. She did not check on us even one time throughout the meal until it was time to drop the check. This place has always been a go to lunch place but it usually has better service. The food was good- I had a sea food cobb and that was lovely.