781 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cipriani.com/en/services/restaurants/harry-cipriani
- Phone: (212) 753-5566
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:30am; Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 5:30pm; Dinner: 5:30pm - 11:00pm;
Please note that the dining area is closed from 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Piero Minnicucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private are for your small parties.
A word from Harry Cipriani
Harry Cipriani is located at 59th Street and Fifth Avenue in New York City. This fashionable restaurant is almost an exact duplicate of the original Harry's Bar in Venice. It is packed daily with chic New Yorkers and visitors from all over the world. Harry Cipriani offers the classic Harry's Bar menu of unique Cipriani specialties and classic Italian favorites. Service is superb; and whether you are a regular with your "own table" (many customers have lunch or dinner at Harry Cipriani every day!) or a first time guest, you are received with warmth and enthusiasm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harry Cipriani reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (21)romantic (21)hot spot (19)late-night find (16)notable wine list (15)good for groups (10)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- A classic oneMonacaroVIPDined on 11/17/2014Cipriani's restaurants are always good adress to have a great lunch. Bellinis are exceptional and food really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soJeanieBeanieDined on 11/12/2014While the food was delicious, the tables were small and cramped and piled right on top of each other and the noise level was ridiculous. Prices were high, even by New York standards. We were glad to have had the experience of eating there, since we had been at Harry's in Venice, also, but will not return. In our opinion, they get away with a lot (prices, crowds, etc.) simply because they ARE Harry's. Take my advice - go somewhere else.
- A very special dinnerSklosctDined on 11/9/2014Classic, simple, refined, excellent! This was a special night (24 yr anniversary) and they delivered a fantastic experience from start to finish. Don't expect cutting edge, steeped in tradition, over-priced but perfect food IMO. This is a not a "daily-diner", it's expensive but top quality. Thanks for a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local traditionMichaelGVIPDined on 11/8/2014Cipriani, an import from Venice, is always on my list when visiting NYC. The Central Park location, a short distance from the Plaza hotel, is a charming place to escape for a classic Negroni (or any number of their other specialty cocktails), a good meal, or an extraordinary dessert. My last visit was only slightly disappointing as the service was rather slow compared to what I usually experience. As is typical for NYC restaurants, especially those in the Central Park area, the drinks and food are by no means cheap, but they are quite enjoyable.Special Features:
- Zia JenJenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/5/2014I enjoyed my dining experience at Harry Cipriani Mid-town as much as I do when I am in Venice. The only thing missing is the view of the Grand Canal.Special Features:
- Bad servicematabDined on 11/4/2014The place was crowded and they didnt respect our reservation. After 30 minutes they gave us a table were we didnt fit. The service was the worst, we had to wait a lot to have our drinks and more for the meals. We expected much more of that famous and expensive restaurant. Definitively I do not recommend it!
- Good mannersVictoriaDined on 11/2/2014The maitre was unexpectedly rude; perhaps he did not care at all to be polite to some Europeans just passing by (though one of us was a local for 50 years!). Nonetheless I find it inexcusable for such a restaurant. Tables are too small.Special Features:
- ServiceGigoDined on 10/25/2014We were appointed to our table and no one offered drinks, menues or water until I had to call a water. We had two servers, one was really good the other was awful. I ordered a wine and tried to change my order asking for a mr.c if the wine had not been poured yet. The waiter went to the bar, poured the wine and brought it to my table saying it was already poured. This was very disappointing because I saw the hold thing. He showed no interest in recommending us plates or giving advise. In general very bad attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeleDined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed a devious lunch, the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pior restaurante de NYalicepenteadoDined on 10/24/2014Para um restaurante com esta localizacao e preco $$$$, nao vale, melhor seria comer no car food da esquina. A comida estava lamentável, servico pessímo e apesar de termos devolvido o prato principal (tagliolini quase cru) além de terem cobrado, sequer pediram desculpas!!! Tudo péssimo.Special Features:
- Thanks for attending usOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/24/2014Thanks for attending us in your lovely restaurant, hope to go next time. Thanks!Special Features:
- Special spot for special occasionsnycmama3Dined on 10/22/2014This lovely old New York vibe is a great spot to take out of towners and enjoy a special occasion. Food and wine are top notch and you pay the price. I had the risotto and it was especially delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as alwaysTobyVIPDined on 10/21/2014We had been coming to Harry Cipriane since the 70s even when they moved to 7th ave. Alway at the top of my list. Sergio is an outstanding, no doubt that HC owes Him a substantial reason to the succes of this wonderful place.Special Features:
- Truffles trufflesjmjrVIPDined on 10/19/2014It's October, white truffles are here and Harry Cipriani serves the best.Special Features:
- lvfoodDined on 10/16/2014We were impressed that they let us change our 8:30 reservations to 6 because of a scheduling conflict we had, but upon arrival realized that they don't start humming until about 7:30, so it was probably more like us doing them a favor. Nevertheless it took forever to get somebody to seat us, the server was a little too chummy for our taste, but the food was still good. Even though, considering the prices it wasn't that good. The restaurant is a typical example of one that was hip and great a few years ago but didn't quite keep up with the changing times.Special Features:
- gourmandeVIPDined on 10/10/2014ordered cold main course -- should have ordered hot the are better
- Not worth itJustthisonceDined on 10/6/2014Don't bother going if your not friends with the manager. We waited 30 mins for a reserved table only to realize the manager was seating his friends first. So ridiculous we left.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014This was our first visit and can only say it was outstanding. The service, food and ambiance was top-notch. Looking forward to future visits. Our new must return spot in New York.Special Features:
- Fun to experience the historyLuv2dineDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed our evening at Harry Cipriani. It was a fun experience as we had visited the Venice location. Food was good (not great) and wouldn't be our top pick for a return restaurant next time in the City.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2014Very old setting, we were there with 6 girls at the age of 35. Average age was 70. Food was bad, did cook the pasta NOT even close long enough.
- Superb DiningLarryVIPDined on 9/23/2014Arriving at Cipriani's for our reservation, we were warmly greeted and took a seat at the bar to await the arrival of the rest or our party. The bartender suggested the Bellini for my wife and original martini for me. Both were perfect. Our guest arrived and we were promptly seated and selected a bottle of the house wine for a very reasonable $32. We had delicious appetizers, entrees and dessert and left very satisfied. Don't miss it if you are in Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Simple ambience and good food. confusing service..Special Features:
- SpectacularAfficianadoDined on 9/21/2014Only in New York. Fantastic decor, over the top (extraordinary) food and excellent service. Prices are steep, but value is outstanding. Also, the people watching is the best. Great Fifth Avenue spot.Special Features:
- Trading On Name OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014This was a very poor Cipriani experience. Drinks and service were lackluster and the food was diner quality at best. Hugely disappointed from every aspect of a dining experience at what I though was top notch restaurant.
- LVCCDined on 9/20/2014great find near our hotel and Central Park in NYC. Very attentive service and great food. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and adorable food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014One of the most adorable restaurant i've being in NY. I strong recomend it. Very good service and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- Tired and DatedMikeinct1442Dined on 9/16/2014With so many restaurants near by, don't bother with this tired and dated spot. Average food, way over priced and tables packed very embarrassingly close together.
- great dinnerdescafeinadaDined on 9/12/2014Had a great time, the place is lovely and food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic*****AngelKimberlyDined on 9/9/2014From the moment that you arrive your experience is amazing!!! Wonderful service, energy in the room is fantastic, the food is heavenly and the service is out of this world!!! The vanilla cake is my very favorite! I can not wait to return. We dined three times in our four days in New York. Yummy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total Experience Fell Short!Critic4gfoodVIPDined on 8/30/2014I so wanted this dinner experience to meet the overall cost of the meal, starting with the Maitre d who did not appear receptive when we arrived. We started with the calamari appetizer, followed with baked chicken, a Harry's Bar Classics, and grilled salmon. I give the total experience a 6 out of 10. We will not return. The service does not measure up to cost of the meal, which is extremely important to me.Special Features:
- It's Just IdealLuxuryDinerDined on 8/28/2014I try to eat at Harry Cipriani's every time I'm in New York. The menu goes on and on, but I look forward to a Bellini, the Baby Artichoke and Avocado salad and the Veal Milanese. These are spectacular. I've never seen the salad elsewhere and, while Veal Milanese is a pretty common item, Cipriani's consistent perfection isn't at all common. I make my desert choice on what looks good at the moment. The service is always first rate. Nowadays, it seems like there's always a question that the server at another restaurant isn't prepared to answer. This doesn't happen at Ciprani's. They know. And it all seems to take place in the first class dining room of a 1950s luxury liner slipping silently between Europe and New York.Special Features:
- A landmark but annoying serviceVicvicDined on 8/26/2014Excellent place, delicious food, amazing scene, but,.... the waiters have a terrible attitude. Starting with the fact that they "pretend" to be Italians and followed by the fact that they have the illusion of being more important than their guests makes the experience short of impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NYC treasure!KeithDined on 8/20/2014my wife and I never miss a visit to Harry Cipriani's when we visit NY. A wonderful NY experience!Special Features:
- worst food I have ever had in NYCHELPVIPDined on 8/16/2014The worst food and dinning experience we ever had in NYC. 2 people: one drink each; two apps; a veal Milanese and a risotto $330
- Best of ManhattanCatInTheBagVIPDined on 8/12/2014My favorite place in the City! Service is impeccable; food is delicious; and I always feel right at home in this elegant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodlondondubaiVIPDined on 8/1/2014Having had a bad experience in Cipriani in London years ago I was surprised about the quality of Harry Cipriani in New York. The crowd was an eclectic mix of locals, bohos and tourists. Service was efficient and swift but pleasant, the food was good. We had the burrata which was delicious, there was a variety of fresh breads and my husband's halibut was delicious. I had the scampi in curry, maybe not the best choice to have in an Italian restaurant. The cakes for dessert looked all very tempting but we skipped dessert this time. The tables were a little bit cramped at the front of the restaurant where we were sitting. Towards the back they were spread out a little bit more. Not cheap, but you wouldn't expect that in a place like that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 345 reviews are from the Harry Cipriani reviews archive.
- A list lunchTamTechHaxDined on 7/17/2014Met some friends for a business lunch and was impressed with all the other notables also meeting for a business lunch. Power lunching at it's finest with impeccable service, wonderful bread and varied menu. My guest had the chicken sandwich and said it was fantastic, my chicken salad was a bit bland, but fresh with lots of chicken. Sadly we did not stay for dessert, but the tray looked excellent. Will go back in the future, eating lunch in such a lovely area can be addictive.Special Features:
- a classicOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2014a true NY classic restaurant. a must whenever I'm in NYCSpecial Features:
- Best Italian food!FoodieDined on 7/12/2014Try home made pasta! And the chocolate cake. Don't forget to try a Bellini , they invented itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedEnnaDined on 7/11/2014When the appetizer is just good and both main courses are dull, one starts to wonder what the reputation of this place is based upon. Beautiful crowd is certainly not enough.