781 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cipriani.com/en/services/restaurants/harry-cipriani
- Phone: 2127535566x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:30am; Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 5:30pm; Dinner: 5:30pm - 11:00pm;
Please note that the dining area is closed from 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Piero Minnicucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private are for your small parties.
A word from Harry Cipriani
Harry Cipriani is located at 59th Street and Fifth Avenue in New York City. This fashionable restaurant is almost an exact duplicate of the original Harry's Bar in Venice. It is packed daily with chic New Yorkers and visitors from all over the world. Harry Cipriani offers the classic Harry's Bar menu of unique Cipriani specialties and classic Italian favorites. Service is superb; and whether you are a regular with your "own table" (many customers have lunch or dinner at Harry Cipriani every day!) or a first time guest, you are received with warmth and enthusiasm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harry Cipriani reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (20)hot spot (18)fit for foodies (16)great for brunch (14)notable wine list (13)late-night find (11)good for groups (9)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- A NYC treasure!KeithDined on 8/20/2014my wife and I never miss a visit to Harry Cipriani's when we visit NY. A wonderful NY experience!Special Features:
- worst food I have ever had in NYCHELPDined on 8/16/2014The worst food and dinning experience we ever had in NYC. 2 people: one drink each; two apps; a veal Milanese and a risotto $330
- Best of ManhattanCatInTheBagVIPDined on 8/12/2014My favorite place in the City! Service is impeccable; food is delicious; and I always feel right at home in this elegant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodlondondubaiVIPDined on 8/1/2014Having had a bad experience in Cipriani in London years ago I was surprised about the quality of Harry Cipriani in New York. The crowd was an eclectic mix of locals, bohos and tourists. Service was efficient and swift but pleasant, the food was good. We had the burrata which was delicious, there was a variety of fresh breads and my husband's halibut was delicious. I had the scampi in curry, maybe not the best choice to have in an Italian restaurant. The cakes for dessert looked all very tempting but we skipped dessert this time. The tables were a little bit cramped at the front of the restaurant where we were sitting. Towards the back they were spread out a little bit more. Not cheap, but you wouldn't expect that in a place like that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A list lunchTamTechHaxDined on 7/17/2014Met some friends for a business lunch and was impressed with all the other notables also meeting for a business lunch. Power lunching at it's finest with impeccable service, wonderful bread and varied menu. My guest had the chicken sandwich and said it was fantastic, my chicken salad was a bit bland, but fresh with lots of chicken. Sadly we did not stay for dessert, but the tray looked excellent. Will go back in the future, eating lunch in such a lovely area can be addictive.Special Features:
- a classicOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2014a true NY classic restaurant. a must whenever I'm in NYCSpecial Features:
- Best Italian food!FoodieDined on 7/12/2014Try home made pasta! And the chocolate cake. Don't forget to try a Bellini , they invented itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedEnnaDined on 7/11/2014When the appetizer is just good and both main courses are dull, one starts to wonder what the reputation of this place is based upon. Beautiful crowd is certainly not enough.
- Great food, regular servicelvillanuevaDined on 6/30/2014Food at Harry Cipriani is increible! Definitely one of the best kitchens in NY. The service is OK. The restaurant is constantly packed so it makes it tough on the waiters who even have to make time to plate your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston1951OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2014The Regulars, and there were many, were seated at the front. The tourists were seated way to the back of the restaurant. The Regulars all seamed to know each other, and the staff knew them, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Astronomical Prices, Attitude!!!fififliesVIPDined on 6/22/2014Our second visit to Harry Ciprani. First visit was vastly different from our most recent visit. Service was excellent and food better. This time we had a very arrogant server who did not listen to our orders and then argued when he brought the incorrect item. Prices are way too expensive for the quality of food--even for NYC. Salads start at $20, desserts (simple cake selections or ice cream/gelato) at $15. Cocktails, as well, are expensive for quantity--tiny martini at $22. Perhaps at one time this was the place to go, but there are so many other better restaurants with better services at more reasonable prices one should not bother to try Harry Ciprani.
- We enjoyed a lotGrabsDined on 6/13/2014The food and the service was very good. We had a grate dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in NYCFredtDined on 6/13/2014Always a safe bet and finally a restaurant with top food and no music in NYCSpecial Features:
- Old fashionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2014A very friendly restaurant and a nice bar (the bellini is the best), the food is amazing, (the pasta is wonderful) reasonable wine list. The service was very friendly. I recommend it! It's our restaurant in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NY LandmarkMarkVIPDined on 6/2/2014World famous Cipriani is crowded and cramped, but elegant and energetic, with famous faces everywhere. Many classics on the menu, including the best carpaccio and bolognese sauce anywhere on earth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great midday bistroJoseDined on 6/2/2014Good food and excellent scenery, right across Central Park and close to the best shopping area in Manhattan! The risotto remains one of the best in town!Special Features:
- UnbelievablealvareieDined on 5/31/2014It was a very nice experience, I met this restaurante many years ago and always is the First Class, I will be back, sure.Special Features:
- Off night at great placeAlwaysTryingDined on 5/31/2014A bit of an off night at Harry Cipriani's. Normally one of our favorite dining spots and we have dined there many times and usually receive a warm welcome as a repeat guest. Upon arriving we were seated at a table in the front; then approached by the new person manning the reception area and asked to move to the worst table in the restaurant in front of the door because the table we were seated at was reserved. We did not move. The initial contact by the wait staff was brusque at best. Once we ordered and added cocktails and wine, service improved greatly. I was surprised our waiter went off shift during dessert and did not approach the table and turn us over to someone else. After he left, service essentially stopped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service.DanielVIPDined on 5/31/2014Having tried the other Cipriani restaurants in NYC, I was looking forward to dinning in this one. It's as good, if not better, than the ones downtown and at Grand Central. For the most part, service was good. (There was only one incident of forgetting my beverage order.) Food wise, we were all satisfied. The homemade deserts were interestingly and tasted good. However, when you consider that the dinner costed close to a grand for four adults and one 7 yr old (we ordered a $200 wine), this is quite expensive.Special Features:
- Stay away!DrBranchVIPDined on 5/24/2014Stay away is the best advice I can give you. I have attended a fair amount of private events at the flagship Cipriani. Unfortunately, this one is attached to a not-so-great hotel. So you get the overflow from the hotel---tourists dressed in casual wear (shorts, jeans etc.). On the evening that we dined, it was filled with loud and obnoxious children. The service was so disconnected. We had multiple waiters who couldn't keep up with what the other waiter was doing. The food was, at best, a two star experience. However, the prices were definitely five star. There are so many great restaurants in NYC for that price point. My $28.00 starter salad was corn poured from a can, sliced cucumbers and a few cherry tomatoes.
- Stuffy and overpricedmattg8VIPDined on 5/24/2014The food was good, the drinks are about $20, and it is the least relaxed place to eat in the city unless you just like that kind of stuck up atmosphere.
- ExcellentLuNiederauerDined on 5/19/2014The service, food, staff and ambient are so friendly, softly and each client is VIP!! Congrats!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for an Classic NYC experienceRobRoyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Given the prices, there are far better restaurants on the Upper East Side to choose from. What Harry's has going for it, is its iconic status on the corner of Central Park. It is a mix of old money New Yorkers, new money New Yorkers that want to look old money, and tourists. The food and service is average, particularly given the prices, but it is still a place everyone should go at least once.Special Features:
- Not in line with expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We looked forward to a special dinner on a special day. Our expectations were not met. Service was without personality and confusing. Wine recommendations were difficult to get. When we complained on one of our main courses, there was no response. The prices are high but neither food nor service are on par with prices.Special Features:
- Very good italian foodPerpetuaDined on 5/15/2014I love this place. Food is always good and the portions are generous. You are always treared nicely by the maitre D. Some of the personnel are a little rough, unless they know you or you are " part of the frequent crowd that visits the restaurant". Overall very goodSpecial Features:
- wandrefulFridelDined on 5/14/2014I spent my birthday with my wife and friends and every body was very happySpecial Features:
- SfpdoddVIPDined on 5/5/2014Always love being here! Every day is festive and lively!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian for lunchMarcoTDined on 5/1/2014+ Very good fine Italian food like all the Cipriani restaurants + One of the best spot for lunch in ManhattanSpecial Features:
- The following 319 reviews are from the Harry Cipriani reviews archive.
- Always terrific!bluemoonbobVIPDined on 4/30/2014We go at least 5 times a year and every time is special. Staff and food and overall sense of uniqueness continues … a rarity in the restaurant world!Special Features:
- A quick trip to VenicejmjrVIPDined on 4/27/2014Menu has some of my favorite dishes! Always consistent and fun.Special Features:
- Pasta cooked without saltAriesVIPDined on 4/22/2014We ordered the grilled pasta which we have eaten many times in this restaurant. This time the Cheff forgot to put salt in it, so our 4 main courses were tasteless!! Also the Vitello tonnato was dry, thick and presented in a bread plate. Simply unacceptable in a restaurant that expensive
- below expectationsMarianaDined on 4/22/2014Service and ambiance is good, but food although the quality is not fenomenal. Does not make us want to comeback. Overpriced on the food.Special Features:
- Extremely Pricey for the QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014Expected a lot for from a 80 dollar per person dinner... food was ok but not as good as it should have been. Noise, waitresses complaining to each other.... not good.
- Always a winnerNorwegianGirlDined on 4/19/2014I make sure to visit Cipriani whenever I'm in New York - either to just drop in for one of their delicious signature bellinis, or for a long lunch. The waiters are so friendly, and the atmosphere is great. I will, without a doubt, keep my tradition and come back the next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real deal in classic Italian diningcath98Dined on 4/17/2014Cipriani provides a classic patrician dining experience in New York City. I'm not sure there are many of these restaurants left, even in Italy, where I lived in the 1970s. Its food is delicious (the vitello tonnato was great, and so was the eggplant parmigiana) but the bread is unexciting. But beware...The prices will blow you out of the water.Special Features:
- FantasticOtimoDined on 4/16/2014Very good food Service was fast and friendly Price eas fair and great location I recomend this restaurant for my friedsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legendary RestaurantMarkVIPDined on 4/15/2014The best scene in NYC, the best rigatoni bolognese in the world, the only authentic Bellini in the world (they invented it)Special Features:
- Mediocre food, extremely expensiveLaJ316Dined on 4/11/2014We were staying at the hotel next door so I made reservations at Harry Cipriani thinking it would be a special dinner for our first night in the Big Apple. We rushed to arrive at 6, our reservation time. The restaurant was nearly empty except for the small bar area which was full and noisy. We were taken to a small table in a corner next to the only other occupied table in the restaurant. The waiters were not friendly or attentive. The food was okay, very simply prepared but exorbitantly priced - $20 for four spears of asparagus with olive oil on top, etc. We weren't very hungry so we shared that plus two other dishes (one an entree) that I can't even remember. I will never recommend this restaurant or return to it.
- AmazingNormandoVIPDined on 3/29/2014This was our first time at Harry Cipriani and we were awed!Special Features:
- Awful serviceNYCdinegirlVIPDined on 3/26/2014My VP and I brought a client here for dinner. When I brought out my laptop to show the client something the manager rushed ove to make me put it away. I would have no problem with that but he scolded me like a child. It was rude and inappropriate in front of my client. My VP had to ask for the check 3 times within 35 minutes! If they didn't give it to us the 3rd time we were going to walk out! Very disappointing I will not be back nor recommend this establishment- awful!