Harry Caray's Tavern - Navy Pier
700 E. Grand Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harry Caray's Tavern - Navy Pier
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harrycaraystavern.com/
- Phone: (312) 527-9700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Katz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry Caray’s Catering & Events provides unparalleled catering services for a wide range of off-premise events including corporate functions, social events, weddings and in-home parties. Offering the same award-winning Italian Steakhouse cuisine and attentive service from our legendary flagship restaurant, Harry Caray’s Catering & Events is the perfect match for any off-premise event. Expert planners provide complete event planning and will perfectly orchestrate your event from start to finish. For information, please call (312) 222-9200 or visit harrycarayscatering.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Harry Caray’s Tavern is ideal for private parties of any size. With accommodations for groups ranging from 20-500 guests, Harry’s is the perfect venue for tour groups, corporate events and social celebrations for both children and adults. Guests are treated to a true taste of Chicago with award-winning food, service and surroundings.
- Private Party Contact: Gabi Dorsch 3122229200
- Entertainment: Catch the fireworks at Navy Pier this summer every Wednesday and Saturday evenings right from your seat on our patio!
Every Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. and Saturday at 10:15 p.m.
- Special Events: Keep up to date with Harry Caray's Navy Pier on our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter @HarrysNavyPier.
A word from Harry Caray's Tavern - Navy Pier
Located near the main entrance to Navy Pier, Harry Caray’s Tavern’s waterfront location, family friendly menu and the Chicago Sports Museum combine to create a one-of-a-kind dining experience for guests of all ages. The extensive menu includes flavorful sandwiches and wraps, pastas, fresh salads and homemade pizzas. The mahogany paneled walls and beautifully crafted display cabinets feature a rotating collection of museum-quality sports memorabilia, including an extensive collection of artifacts, photographs and vintage newspapers celebrating Chicago sports legends, past and present. Harry’s extensive patio and offers the perfect place to enjoy the beauty of Lake Michigan and the excitement of Navy Pier. HDTVs mounted around the bar provide great outdoor viewing of all major sporting events. Additionally, passersby can walk up to the outdoor island bar, order a drink, and take it with them as they continue their stroll down the Pier.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harry Caray's Tavern - Navy Pier reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- YikesNotAFoodSnobDined on 10/27/2014I should've known better than to expect much out of a restaurant at a tourist attraction, but my hopes were high for my boyfriend's birthday lunch. The Chicago sports memorabilia didn't disappoint, but this was the worst service I've received at a restaurant -- ever. It took at least 10 minutes to order drinks, and our waiter skipped all pleasantries. I'm not even sure he said "hello." Refills were few and far between, and I kid you not, my glass had four ice cubes. The food was quick (once we got to order) and sufficient, but giving me the wrong credit card after I paid was the icing on the proverbial cake. Thankfully, I got my card back after tracking down our waiter, but unfortunately, we won't be back to any of their restaurants again.Special Features:
- ReservationsGoofie78Dined on 9/28/2014I made a reservation for 9:15 am. When we got there, they had no record of my name, phone number, anything! Even when I showed them my confirmation email...still had no record. Luckily it was early so we had no issue getting a table. Had two different waiters. Was given a menu that we couldnt order from since it was too early. The steak and eggs was ALL fat!! Thought it would be a great time before the Bears game, was very disappointed!!Special Features:
- Navy pier needs better resturantsavipVIPDined on 9/26/2014Good place for having beer before a show, but the qulity of the food, especially the burgers need improvment. Also the kids menue is very limited.
- Disappointing for the NameeclaireDined on 9/26/2014Basic American fare. The atmosphere is fitting for a tavern dedicated to the famous baseball announcer. The food at the stadium however is better than this restaurant. The burgers are frozen preformed patties, the special sauce is boring, the coleslaw was bland. The service was not bad but also just basic. This was a disappointing experience. Not worth your time or dime.
- FunBarbDined on 9/13/2014We went because my son is a sports fanatic! He loves the Cubs! It was fun, but the food itself was nothing "special" we probably won't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TailgateKayRoseDined on 9/7/2014Good but limited menu. Great bloody Mary bar. Nice parking discount and reduced rate on water taxi from Navy Pier to the stadium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awfulupset1Dined on 8/12/2014Bathrooms -- both men and women, were filthy Limited menu Food very so-so Music Loud
- The following 326 reviews are from the Harry Caray's Tavern - Navy Pier reviews archive.
- Not really a Harry Caray'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014This restaurant may carry the Harry Caray name but has nothing in common with the other locations. It is a touristy catchall restaurant on Navy Pier. We were seated outdoors which was our request. However, the table was evidently right next to the garbage bins behind the fence. Throw in the smell of dish room which was evidently being vented right over our table and you have quite a treat! We were relocated with apologies but why have that situation in the first place? Also, like most of Navy Pier the restaurant was grubby around the edges. If you're looking for good food stay off the pier.Special Features:
- It's ok for lunchViper1740Dined on 5/24/2014More of a lunch/burger spot than a spot to celebrate with a decent dinner. My wife and I received two different menu's (one of which was outdated) and had a difficult time choosing what we wanted. Has a 90 minute seating restriction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced and terrible servicefoodmarDined on 5/24/2014Worst dinning experience. Had to practically beg for water refills. Kids food came out 15mins after adults.
- Pretty NiceET312Dined on 5/22/2014We sat in one of the big leather booths, which was really nice. Ravioli appetizer was really good, and the burgers were good too. Unfortunately the service was a bit 'off', we kept asking for water and it took forever. Also the waitress was distracted and heard our beer order wrong and then dashed off before we could correct her. There are some interesting items in the museum.
- Not the H Carays I am accustomed toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/21/2014this is a family restaurant and felt nothing was really prepared on site. I was hoping I would have been able to get at least one of their signature steaks they are known for but ended up with previously frozen fish and chips. my martini was served warm. my fault for not sticking with the original.Special Features:
- pretty goodloveoffoodDined on 5/10/2014The calamari appetizer was great! The burger was fantastic! The Margarita was good, could have had a little more alcohol.Special Features:
- Great for Groups!gocubsgoDined on 5/8/2014I came with a group of 13 kids. Our servers were great, and our food came quickly and accurately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Kids Loved It!iowanativeDined on 5/8/2014I took a group of kids from small-town Iowa to Harry Caray's. They loved all the sports memorabilia. The service was great. Our order came out promptly, which was really nice for 13 hungry teenagers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulToothfairy312VIPDined on 5/8/2014The only positive thing I can say about this experience is that it was convenient to Shakespeare theater. The waiter was surly. When I asked him about light beers he took the menu & turned to the lengthy list & pointed. Thanks very much I could do that myself! Everything about his attitude was negative. The food is only fair. The ability to get an order right spotty at best. only 4 out of 6 for our group. If you don't need to be in Navy Pier don't go!!
- Navy Pier Good SpottcruffDined on 5/3/2014Always good food, well priced and has varied menu choices. Reservations a MUST! Service always excellent, great staff and very fast. Since dining here before theatre, choice never wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Steaks, But Good Casual DiningJimPDined on 5/2/2014As their menu states, "If you are looking for a great steak you are at the wrong Harry Carry location!".Very true. But, the casual sandwich/burger menu offers a decent variety of high quality items. FYI the burger we ordered was excellent & the beef sandwich was very good (but no match for Portillo's). Service was friendly and efficient, quickly bringing added condiments we requested and addressing a side-dish mistake. All-in-all a nice experience. The only oddity was that the rear dining room (nearer the water) was extremely humid and unpleasantly warm, even though it was a cold, "early May" day and all windows & patio doors were closed. However, our seating change request was quickly handled and the main dining room was comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurgersTomCDined on 4/25/2014Went here for the first time. Burgers were good, service was fine, noise was loud. Looking in the sports memorabilia was funI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed!Alcapone9793Dined on 4/5/2014I reserved this restaurant for our family while visiting the Navy Pier in April. We were seated right away but the waiter didn't come take our drink order for close to a half an hour after we were seated and then it took another 10-15 minutes for him to bring back our soda and water. The waiter was unfriendly and absent during most of our dinner. The food was mediocre and overpriced. If you get one of the tables located between the rows of booths the guests in the booths are seated facing toward you during your whole meal which can be awkward. We were very disappointed and would not recommend Harry Carey's Tavern there are much better options on the Navy Pier.
- Simple, Family Friendly FareswasgrafxVIPDined on 4/4/2014Harry Caray's has a simple menu along with appetizers and beer selection. Nothing too spectacular, however I found the calamari and fish n chips large enough to share with table. Many screens to watch Chicago sports as well as reminisce on all the memorabilia.Special Features:
- Good Sports BarFredVIPDined on 4/1/2014There were plenty of things to look at, I especially liked the old sports pages on the wall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry Carry's Navy PierfoodguruloDined on 3/30/2014I have been to the Harry Carry's in Oakbrook and it truly does not compare. The place has a minimal menu and the staff is extremely busy ...this is one of the few restaurants that are not in the food court and it is always packed. Prepare to wait for a table and prepare to wait for your food. I had the Margherita pizza and I was not by any means impressed. It lacked flavor and was just bland. The waiter even made a comment about how "Giordano's is better." I don't really recommend this place unless you just have time to kill waiting for the Imax and want to grab a burger and fries and a beer. It's also nice to sit outside.Special Features:
- Very limited menu, even more . . .MamacitaBonitaDined on 3/29/2014. . . . limited than what is listed on website. Our appetizer order was lost, came much later. Entrees (salad and burgers) were as tasty as expected. Drink refills were prompt. Out of towners might enjoy, we just wanted a decent bite to eat while on the Pier.Special Features:
- First TimeDreffDined on 3/21/2014Chris was great, food was okay. Service and change to earlier time was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i thought the food was greasyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/18/2014i thought the food was greasy and way over priced for what you received. Also there was a sense of being rushed and service was poor.
- Not bad, not greatToffee66Dined on 3/15/2014Decent bar/beer, average food, good service, tourist friendly but more hype than substance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Harry Caray Pub foodkatiecowgirlDined on 3/15/2014When we first sat down, I looked at the menu and asked, "Where are the steaks?" But this version of Haray Caray is a pub, with its own virtues. We split an order of Bang Bang shrimp poppers, then both had an Italian beef sandwich, very like a French Dip but with the meat spiced Italian style . Very tasty. Wines are OK. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUST OKAYHitesMitesDined on 3/14/2014Not a bad spot while visiting the Chicago area. Typical Americana bar-type, comfort food menu. Nuttin special!Special Features:
- Good food, excellent serviceMattVIPDined on 3/4/2014We often dine at Harry Caray's Tavern before attending Chicago Shakespeare Theater. The food is always very good and the service excellent. This time we had fish and chips and a BBQ chicken sandwich, both of which were very good and service as usual was quick and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place for a Quick BiteQuickie33Dined on 2/26/2014Stopped in before going to the Chicago Shakespeare Theater. Waitress was very attentive and food was served promptly. Never felt rushed or abandoned. Had a turkey burger that was delicious and rather filling. Great beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle of the roadKitch22VIPDined on 2/22/2014Was hoping for a more in-depth menu -- we were going to the Chicago Shakespeare Theater and wanted more of a "dinner" not bar food (they did have two specials that were more in line with a dinner entree). We have been to other Harry Caray restaurants and were expecting more options then burgers, sandwiches and pizza. What we had was good; we split fried calamari, barbecue chicken pizza and the Santa Fe salad. The Chipotle Ranch dressing on the salad was disappointing -- not much flavor (like the "chipotle" was missing). Our waitress charged us for a beer we didn’t order. When brought to her attention she was rather nonchalant I would have expected her to be more apologetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT serviceMarcieggVIPDined on 2/22/2014Our waitstaff was very attentive even with handling a large party. He made our birthday celebration special by having the staff sing to my niece. Food was good too. One of my favorite places to celebrate with family.Special Features:
- Good place to grab a bitelocalgalDined on 2/20/2014Good place to grab a bite before heading to theatre @ Chicago ShakespeareI would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, very enjoyable fromBetteDined on 2/16/2014Overall, very enjoyable from the moment we were greeted, seated, served, ate and said goodbye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another good experiancedm0207Dined on 2/14/2014Another good experience! Always happy and fun to go too. Wish the menu was a little bigger...but what they have was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Just love the character of this place. Food and service are always top notch. I had the salmon and it was divine. Friends had burgers and raved. Drinks were yummy too ! Great dinner and kick off to a fun night.Special Features:
- Harry'sTeddyVIPDined on 2/14/2014This is good, quick food. Sit down restaurant quality, but quick. With a nice bar and good bar tenders. It is the only other restaurant on the pier that is not a bar and serve liquor besides Riva, which is really good but really expensive. It is a good place for before or after the IMAX or a show at Shakes.Special Features:
- More Casual Than I Thoughjonb60173Dined on 2/7/2014way more casual than I was expecting. Limited menu nothing noteworthy, good burger, nice appetizers. Seemed to aimed at family type outing, lot's of stuff for children to choose fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy place but good serviceJandBVIPDined on 1/25/2014My turkey burger was delicious. My bubbly was cold. The green beans were not to be missed. Good bet on Navy Pier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.