Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Rosemont
10233 Higgins Rd
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Rosemont
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrycarays.com/
- Phone: 8476991200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday (bar only): 11:30 - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Garrick Dickie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry Caray's Catering & Events offers unparalleled service for a wide range of off-premises events including corporate functions, social events, weddings, offices & private residences. Harry Caray's is a preferred provider at many of Chicago's most desirable venues & premier landmarks. Please call
- Private Party Facilities: Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse can accommodate private parties for groups up to 25 in the Dancing Harry Caray Room. The outdoor patio is also available seasonally.
- Private Party Contact: Sheila Balducci 8476991200
- Special Events: Thursday Summer Concert Series
Enjoy drink specials, bags and live concerts by Gypsy the first Thursday of the month.
A word from Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Rosemont
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse, opened to the public on August 10, 1999. Located just minutes from the O'Hare International Airport inside the Holiday Inn and Suites, this location brings the same friendly confines and award-winning Italian Steakhouse cuisine from the legendary downtown location to Chicago's northwest suburbs. The casual to fine dining restaurant specializes in the finest prime, aged steaks, chops and classic Italian cuisine. The friendly, energetic atmosphere embodies the amiable personality of the restaurant's namesake. The dark mahogany, mosaic floor, white-jacketed servers, white tablecloths and a veritable museum of baseball history combine to create a warm and casual elegance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Rosemont reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (44)great for outdoor dining (37)special occasion (33)great for lunch (33)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (17)notable wine list (13)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)romantic (4)Show More
- Tasty SteaksSteakintheOutcomeDined on 8/26/2014Steaks cooked perfect. you won't be dissapointed. Smoking cigarettes and cigars annoyed me. attentive service was excellent, but smile...pleaseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlackburnVIPDined on 8/26/2014We sat on the patio on a lovely summer night. It started out wonderfully. Unfortunately we were soon surrounded by 2 cigars and a cigarette. We were unaware that smoking was allowed in the area. Instead of lingering over another drink the four of us practically ran to get out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic good and Servicefoodfan8Dined on 8/26/2014We ate outside. Food was great, service was better. We had a very personable server, which made the outing even more funSpecial Features:
- Vince the waitersleepycreekDined on 8/26/2014We've been to many nice restaurants over the years and happened to be at the Holiday Inn at O'Hare with the Harry Caray's Restaurant on our 36th anniversary. As I've always said, anyone can make a great wine list and menu but it's the server that makes the night. And Vince, the tall waiter, made it a very enjoyable night. Nice NY strip too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accomodatingCook4meDined on 8/21/2014Not only is the food great, but we found them to be so helpful with shifting our time based on a delayed airport arrival. Then due to our hard-of-hearing friend we asked to move away from the exuberante large group and they did. The waitress (Shelly) helped and moved with us. Both she and the maitre'd were wonderful. Loved the location near O'Hare. They turned the stressful airport pick up a relaxing, happy time with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but an expense account stopTanoburbDined on 8/18/2014Nice summer patio shaded by trees. Very expensive place just to meet your friends. Service was adequate but not really pleasant. Had salads, decent but overpriced. Recommend if you are a business traveler.Special Features:
- Allergies while diningDrDennyVIPDined on 8/17/2014My wife is allergic to wheat, dairy and eggs. They were very accommodating, and actually used separate instruments and cooking oils to prepare her meal, which was excellent.Special Features:
- Had better experiencesBrianEatsDined on 8/16/2014I have had better experiences at this location. There were lapses in service and the food was just OK. The fried calamari app was over cooked and tasted like old oil. The dipping sauce was unremarkable. The $32 filet should have been perfect, but it had chewy parts. The creamed spinach was great.Special Features:
- Memorable mealpickyeaterDined on 8/16/2014We found the service to be exceptional. Our server clearly cared about our experience and took pride in his work. he offered suggestions on the menu which we accepted and found the food to be out of this world. Perhaps one of the best steaks I have eaten outside of my own home. The vegetables were the best I have ever had in a restaurant, cooked to perfection and uniquely seasoned. We had the Kale salad, the garlic spinach and the brussel sprouts. Superb.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a great dining experience all around. We were going to a concert at the Allstate Arena and they were diligent about getting us our food so that we would be out on time. And the quality of the food did not suffer one iota!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!!ladydiDined on 8/16/2014We have been to this restaurant many times before when we go to concerts at the Allstate arena. This time we were not satisfied. The service was very good but the food was terrible. The halibut was not fresh, over cooked and a very small portion. The filet was not worth the price it tasted like a jewel steak. The manager was kind enough to credit the amount for the fish and we were very grateful. We will not go back to this restaurant before a concert again!Special Features:
- notpickyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful food--best lamb chops on the planet with great serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent experienceAndyVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I enjoyed a great early meal before going to the Allstate Arena for a concert. Our waiter was very aware of the "concert" crowd and service was fast without being rushed. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinner experienceCromforderDined on 8/15/2014We stayed at Holiday Inn - Rosemont for 1 night and went to Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Rosemont for dinner. Great service, high quality food (a bit expensive, but acceptable).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingLeslieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Having been to this Harry Caray's several times before, we were disappointed this time. First of all, after I made a reservation, we were seated next to the kitchen, which was noisy. So they graciously moved us into a smaller room but the party already in there were loud. Needless to say, the meal went downhill from there. Server was terrific. Not the most memorable birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Nice Family LunchBuddyBradDined on 8/15/2014We sat outside and had a very nice lunch. The service was very good and everyone enjoyed their meal. It isn't inexpensive, but a nice place every so often.Special Features:
- Great place for a business dinnerJC5101Dined on 7/31/2014This location is conveniently located due to its proximity to O'Hare for out of town guests and the access to the highways. The food was great. The menu is diverse to satisfy all foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For Business MeetingsDoddDined on 7/22/2014I have brought business associates here for lunch meetings on a few occasions now and it never fails to please. Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent outdoor dining spotTravelsalotDined on 7/18/2014If the weather is nice and you want something close to your airport hotel, go eat outside at Harry Caray"s!! Food was delicious....crab cake was excellent. Even my friend who was on a cleanse could find something to satisfy her. Friendly service. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EDNurseDined on 7/10/2014Excellent food and service. Easy reservations. Seated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond DisappointingCUGRADDined on 7/10/2014The Rosemont, IL Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse has gone done hill in both ambiance and food quality. Appetizers had the look of those purchased in bulk at Costco and the $50.00 a la carte steak was nothing short of grocery store quality. If you have a choice in the area, go to Gibson's as it blows this place away.Special Features:
- Always greatAjeeVIPDined on 7/5/2014My friend and I love to eat here because the food is great and always consistent. This time they were amazing. My friend eats her steak well done and I medium rare and we wanted to share. They actually cut a piece off the rib eye we ordered and cook it to both temps. We will never go anywhere for steak but HC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable experienceChicagoDDined on 6/26/2014I was looking for a great place for dinner to celebrate an anniversary. I was not disappointed . The food was excellent and the service we had was great. We never felt rushed and the waiter explained any question I asked him. I would go back and hope the service and food would be the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!!!BigDaddyVDined on 6/23/2014I chose Harry Caray's based on a friend's recommendation. I needed a great restaurant to entertain 4 business guests. I couldn't have been happier with the food , the service or the atmosphere. We all had a great time. I will definitely go back next time I am in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho HumDaveDined on 6/20/2014Was in Chicago on business and went here for dinner with a companion. Waiter was not friendly and the food was average though prices were high. Visited the one down town last year and thoroughly enjoyed the food. Ordered the same thing here and disappointing.
- Travellin JackTravelinJackDined on 6/20/2014I have eaten at Harry Caray's in Rosemont many times. The food is always delicious, expecially the ribeye steaks, cooked to perfection. The wait staff carefully monitors my table's progress to make sure the next course always comes out at just the right time. Seafood is delicious as well. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Just okay for priceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014We have been here a few times before and I was a little disappointed in this latest trip. I thought the service was off. Just little things, didn't bring enough salads, didn't bring enough coffees, didn't ask how the food was. Food was just ok, some dishes better than others. Pastas were good - burgers and salads just okay. Price point is up there. $50 pp with nobody in our group ordering steak and some people drinking soft drinks. I think there are better in this price range in the area.
- Tourists aboundrowchickVIPDined on 6/14/2014It's weird to have so many out-of-town people at the suburban location. I feel like when I hit the downtown one (albeit for lunch) it is a lot more local than tourist. This weekend brought a ton of graduation parties and father's day groups, so we were one of very few small tables. Service was good other than a very late (post meal) second drink. Food was good, but not really up to the price point they are charging. I had a cup of soup and a bison filet. Husband had the wet/dry age special and a baked potato and started with the wedge. All of this, with two drinks and a soda was $200 with tip. I just don't see it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Steak cut diverted to table was wrong and several were undercooked, making it impossible for 5 of us to enjoy our special occasion entrees together. Previous meal here was good but this was disappointing.
- Business crowd - fun and energetic!kbucherDined on 6/10/2014I had a group of 7 business colleagues in the area the other night, and I chose Harry Caray's, based on past experience, wide menu variety, and ability to handle a group. The service we had was absolutely wonderful. He was extremely helpful, suggestions/recommendations, and took care of each of us personally. My 6 colleagues ranted and raved over their dishes - which was the goal!! Pasta, steak, tuna, hamburger even - were all enjoyed tremendously. Having said that - I ordered the Lemon Sole, knowing it was parmesan encrusted.... the fish was extremely thin, heavily encrusted, gave the look, texture, and flavor of a fish stick. Very disappointing dish. I did not say anything while I was there, as the group was really enjoying dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great choice for a lunch meeting.Diner750Dined on 6/10/2014This was a great choice for a lunch meeting. Great food, great service and we were able to talk without much interruption or noise from around the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding dinnerweB6Dined on 6/8/2014We came her after my son's highschool graduation, as we did for my other 2 kids. The service is amazing,the food is the best we have ever had. It didnt take long for our food after we ordered either which was great. Our server was classy yet witty. We enjoyed our family dinner so much. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Pre Concert before Allstate ArenaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/7/2014This was the bomb! In fact it was the second night in a row I was there. I stopped on Friday afterwork because traffic was so bad only to find a super fun environment and rocking good old style music. The food blew me away from the Stella Atios I ordered to the meatballs with park garlic bread were just relish. Here's the good part because I was sitting alone the bartender kept conversation going "when he could" due to ppl in there and when the Wine guy stopped by to introduce himself to ask what kind of wine I liked! Needless to say she loved it had a wonderful bartender Vince Mazurek who took excellent care of us and even went as far as splitting a salad on two different plates without us asking! Great jobs Harry Carey's just great!Special Features:
- Wouldn't go back.LolaDellDined on 6/7/2014This was our first time at Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse. Horrible experience. There were six of us and three of us ordered the special the waiter told us all about - which was an 8 oz. filet with sides. He came back and told us they didn't have the sides anymore so we couldn't order the special. They still had the 8 oz. filet, but the sauce and the vegetables were gone. Everything is a la carte, so we then had to order the 8 oz. filet and order sides separately - which cost more. Stupid. Then my husband ordered a rib eye (which was WAY overpriced for the size of it) and received a strip steak. The correct order came back to the table after everyone else was finished. They didn't even offer to make it up to him for the mistake.
- ServiceCandCDined on 6/7/2014Service was slower than in the past. Waiter was gone from our table for awhile. Over 2 hours for dinner. Filet that I had was over cooked. Enjoy the restaurant, but it must have been one of those nights for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad service nightdak424Dined on 6/7/2014We sat outside, which we love, but we clearly had a bad server. Every table had bread, and/or the traditional Harry Caray chips. We got nothing. Food took over an hour and all we ordered were 2 salads and a hamburger for our party of three. Our check came with over $60 of someone else's charges which we pointed out and were corrected but it topped off a bad service experience. All in all, a bad experience not like others we have had at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatSuzieDined on 6/6/2014Mark was our server and he was perfect ! Great food and great companySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group diningkellogg4meDined on 5/20/2014Comfortable atmosphere and good food. Wide selectionSpecial Features:
- Perfect for business lunchTuscanJimDined on 5/20/2014Service was prompt, courteous and knows to adjust to your needs if having a meeting. Food was hot and very flavorful, cappuccino was much better than expected. A bit pricey for lunch, but a very vibrant and yet quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 5/17/2014Bill Kurtis's Tallgrass strip steak was a little bit on the tough side, even at medium rare, and had fat all the way around the entire edge of the cut. I ordered mushrooms with the steak; they were very, very small (with little substance to them). Calamari and toasted ravioli appetizers were excellent, as was the friendly service!Special Features: