Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Rosemont
10233 Higgins Rd
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Rosemont
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrycarays.com/
- Phone: 8476991200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday (bar only): 11:30 - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Garrick Dickie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry Caray's Catering & Events offers unparalleled service for a wide range of off-premises events including corporate functions, social events, weddings, offices & private residences. Harry Caray's is a preferred provider at many of Chicago's most desirable venues & premier landmarks. Please call
- Private Party Facilities: Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse can accommodate private parties for groups up to 25 in the Dancing Harry Caray Room. The outdoor patio is also available seasonally.
- Private Party Contact: Sheila Balducci 8476991200
- Special Events: Thursday Summer Concert Series
Enjoy drink specials, bags and live concerts by Gypsy the first Thursday of the month.
A word from Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Rosemont
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse, opened to the public on August 10, 1999. Located just minutes from the O'Hare International Airport inside the Holiday Inn and Suites, this location brings the same friendly confines and award-winning Italian Steakhouse cuisine from the legendary downtown location to Chicago's northwest suburbs. The casual to fine dining restaurant specializes in the finest prime, aged steaks, chops and classic Italian cuisine. The friendly, energetic atmosphere embodies the amiable personality of the restaurant's namesake. The dark mahogany, mosaic floor, white-jacketed servers, white tablecloths and a veritable museum of baseball history combine to create a warm and casual elegance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Rosemont - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Rosemont reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (50)great for outdoor dining (36)special occasion (33)great for lunch (26)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (21)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (15)romantic (10)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- DollyDined on 10/11/2014This evening out was for our anniversary. We had never been there before, and had no idea what to expect. Our waitor and their staff went above and beyond to make this occasion very special for us. It was absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- AmyDDined on 10/11/2014The food and service stands up to HC's Chicago for sure. The ambience is what I would rate subpar. There's got to be a way to have a better look on the outside. From the outside, it looks a little run-down. It doesnt catch your eye or invite you in if you're driving by. 't is part of the Holiday Inn hotel which doesn't help. I would suggest an exterior makeover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consistent & great serversAec2Dined on 10/7/2014Pam did a wonderful job in serving our table: friendly, helpful, funny. Food was excellent as always. We had bone-in steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary8240Dined on 10/2/2014We chose this after a friend told us about it. We are not from here, we are from KC. We were in town to celebrate our 32nd wedding Anniversary! Had a fantastic meal here and our waiter was just the best!Special Features:
- Steak PalaceIatethatDined on 10/1/2014A gem near the airport, just like being in the downtown location. Great lunch sport for business in the bar area. High style dining in the evening, fantastic steak and some good Italian dishes too. However, Harry's is expensive, I mean very, very expensive. Dinner a few drinks, couple of sides (no wine). This can be after tip, $100.00 per person or more. For this price, I would rather go to Gibson's a couple of miles away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy birthdayFF1953Dined on 9/28/2014the food was great, and our server was spectacular - Rolondo was very attentive to our needs! We were a group of 8 adults plus our 2 1/2 year granddaughter. he offered the children's menu without us having to ask and offered to bring her meal first! sounds like a little thing, but it went a long way towards making it a relaxed evening. the food was excellent and plentiful - nobody went home hungry! The wait staff plated the birthday cake after a 'Harry Carey' salute! great evening, service, food and value! We will be back & would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb chops most expensiveLaserzxDined on 9/20/2014Not enough characters to describe the debacle.Garbage
- Holy Cow!DrchuckDined on 9/20/2014Great food! Especially the calamari. We had great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I love Haray Carey's and have been there a few times before. I know it's an upscale steakhouse but I just think they are a little over priced for the portions that you receive. I think you should at least be able to get one side with your meal instead of it all being a la carte.
- Better OptionsBudm1Dined on 9/18/2014This was my first time and I regret to say it was simply fair. Service was not to the level I expect from a steakhouse. Appetizers and sides were good but steak was bland and not very flavorful. I even ordered their aged cut. It was cooked perfectly medium rare, but simply had no seasoning or flavor and was dry for a medium rare steak. Drinks were weak. For a $100 per person dinner, there are too many other steakhouse options in the area that would receive a better rating.Special Features:
- Holy cow, the service sucked!jorlowskiVIPDined on 9/15/2014Food was good...not great but good. Ambiance was great for a baseball/Cubs fan. Service was abysmal for the price. Waiter abandoned us in mid-service three times...when taking wine order, when opening wine, and when taking food order..."have to go service some food while it's hot"...and NEVER checked on us once our food was served until he brought the tab. One visit satisfied my desire to go...wont go back despite being at O'Hare area hotels four-five times per year.Special Features:
- Filling portions & good atmospheresheryljane80Dined on 9/14/2014My husband and dad ordered the "Holy Cow! burger". Both said it was one of the best burgers they'd ever had. My mom had the shrimp fettuccine (?) and cleaned her plate. I ordered the chicken parmigiana and couldn't finish-there was so much food. We had a quick timeline, but were able to get in and out without trouble and made it to our concert on time.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Stumbled upon this restaurant on a way to a concert nearby. Not expecting much being that it was attached to a Holiday Inn. Boy was I shocked. The service was super prompt and efficient. The food was really good. We had steaks and a side of Mac and cheese and all were really tasty. Really excellent meal with attentive service. I would absolutely return. Good energy and vibe too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large GroupsLittleskiDined on 9/13/2014We had 20 people and they were very accommodating. The bill was split 10 ways and there was no hassle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what I expectedGMG14VIPDined on 9/13/2014given the name, I expected a sports bar--which it is, but it's also a nicer restaurant as well. However, the food was just average in my opinion. We went here before a concert at Rosemont Theater. I thought the prices were high versus the quality of food. Not a bad place, but a little pricier than I think it needs to be.Special Features:
- Top Notch ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014From the time we arrived, our waitress Shelly took fantastic care of us. Great recommendations, great sense of humor and impeccable service and follow up. Every course was on par with what you'd expect from a premier steak house, but the real surprise was the kake salad. Im not kidding. It was soooo good. Thanks Harry Caray's for a great dinner.Special Features:
- You Had Us At HelloOzzy4Dined on 9/12/2014Wonderful Ambiance, impeccable service (loved the reading glasses they had for me to borrow to see the menu), smooth merlot (drinks were never empty), soft warm bread with melt in your mouth butter, great appetizer with all the fixings (calamari), food was simply fabulous (our party had steaks, fish, mushroom/steak ravioli, wedge salad, twice backed potato and asparagus). Food flowed at a great pace. Dessert of cream brulee was out of this world. Coffee was as smooth as the merlot. When we arrived we told them the time we had to leave a concert at the Rosemont and they made sure all food was completed by that time. We also sat at the bar that evening after the concert, which also had great service and a pretty view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option in Rosemont areaPOOH92643VIPDined on 9/11/2014This was a great alternative to other restaurants in the Rosemont Convention Center area. We had a wonderful dining experience and great service. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Overly attentive waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/9/2014I had a business meeting at Harry Caray's this past Tuesday September 9th at 1 pm. I made the open table reservation. My party consisted of three. We ordered and begun talking about business. Every time one of us were beginning to speak the waiter rudely interrupted and asked if we needed something else or made a recommendation. After the third interruption I was so disappointed in this waiters involvement and interruptions I wanted to tell the manager to have him leave us alone. However, I did not want to embarrass my out of town guests. I have recommended Harry Caray's for my last four business meetings, because it is close to OHare and parking is available. The next time I may have to look for another restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Over priced food. 3 of us had the Grass fed beef. We were all disappointed. Tough piece of meat. One of our group had lamb chops and said it was best chop he ever had. One had the filet as said it was just Ok.
- A good restaurantEeeeeeDined on 9/4/2014This restaurant is a great location in relation to the Allstate Arena. Service was good and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Good food.FoodFan62Dined on 9/4/2014The service & location was very good. The food was also very good. Excellent steak and sides. A week before I had visited a Ruth Chris' steakhouse which I must say is much better meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kitchen closed!CanadianfoodieVIPDined on 9/1/2014I arrived for my reservation and the kitchen was closed. Granted it was Labor day, but they should have contacted me or not taken my reservation.
- Tasty SteaksSteakintheOutcomeDined on 8/26/2014Steaks cooked perfect. you won't be dissapointed. Smoking cigarettes and cigars annoyed me. attentive service was excellent, but smile...pleaseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlackburnVIPDined on 8/26/2014We sat on the patio on a lovely summer night. It started out wonderfully. Unfortunately we were soon surrounded by 2 cigars and a cigarette. We were unaware that smoking was allowed in the area. Instead of lingering over another drink the four of us practically ran to get out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic good and Servicefoodfan8Dined on 8/26/2014We ate outside. Food was great, service was better. We had a very personable server, which made the outing even more funSpecial Features:
- Vince the waitersleepycreekDined on 8/26/2014We've been to many nice restaurants over the years and happened to be at the Holiday Inn at O'Hare with the Harry Caray's Restaurant on our 36th anniversary. As I've always said, anyone can make a great wine list and menu but it's the server that makes the night. And Vince, the tall waiter, made it a very enjoyable night. Nice NY strip too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accomodatingCook4meDined on 8/21/2014Not only is the food great, but we found them to be so helpful with shifting our time based on a delayed airport arrival. Then due to our hard-of-hearing friend we asked to move away from the exuberante large group and they did. The waitress (Shelly) helped and moved with us. Both she and the maitre'd were wonderful. Loved the location near O'Hare. They turned the stressful airport pick up a relaxing, happy time with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but an expense account stopTanoburbDined on 8/18/2014Nice summer patio shaded by trees. Very expensive place just to meet your friends. Service was adequate but not really pleasant. Had salads, decent but overpriced. Recommend if you are a business traveler.Special Features:
- Allergies while diningDrDennyVIPDined on 8/17/2014My wife is allergic to wheat, dairy and eggs. They were very accommodating, and actually used separate instruments and cooking oils to prepare her meal, which was excellent.Special Features:
- Had better experiencesBrianEatsDined on 8/16/2014I have had better experiences at this location. There were lapses in service and the food was just OK. The fried calamari app was over cooked and tasted like old oil. The dipping sauce was unremarkable. The $32 filet should have been perfect, but it had chewy parts. The creamed spinach was great.Special Features:
- Memorable mealpickyeaterDined on 8/16/2014We found the service to be exceptional. Our server clearly cared about our experience and took pride in his work. he offered suggestions on the menu which we accepted and found the food to be out of this world. Perhaps one of the best steaks I have eaten outside of my own home. The vegetables were the best I have ever had in a restaurant, cooked to perfection and uniquely seasoned. We had the Kale salad, the garlic spinach and the brussel sprouts. Superb.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a great dining experience all around. We were going to a concert at the Allstate Arena and they were diligent about getting us our food so that we would be out on time. And the quality of the food did not suffer one iota!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!!ladydiDined on 8/16/2014We have been to this restaurant many times before when we go to concerts at the Allstate arena. This time we were not satisfied. The service was very good but the food was terrible. The halibut was not fresh, over cooked and a very small portion. The filet was not worth the price it tasted like a jewel steak. The manager was kind enough to credit the amount for the fish and we were very grateful. We will not go back to this restaurant before a concert again!Special Features:
- notpickyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful food--best lamb chops on the planet with great serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent experienceAndyVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I enjoyed a great early meal before going to the Allstate Arena for a concert. Our waiter was very aware of the "concert" crowd and service was fast without being rushed. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinner experienceCromforderDined on 8/15/2014We stayed at Holiday Inn - Rosemont for 1 night and went to Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Rosemont for dinner. Great service, high quality food (a bit expensive, but acceptable).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingLeslieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Having been to this Harry Caray's several times before, we were disappointed this time. First of all, after I made a reservation, we were seated next to the kitchen, which was noisy. So they graciously moved us into a smaller room but the party already in there were loud. Needless to say, the meal went downhill from there. Server was terrific. Not the most memorable birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Nice Family LunchBuddyBradDined on 8/15/2014We sat outside and had a very nice lunch. The service was very good and everyone enjoyed their meal. It isn't inexpensive, but a nice place every so often.Special Features:
- Great place for a business dinnerJC5101Dined on 7/31/2014This location is conveniently located due to its proximity to O'Hare for out of town guests and the access to the highways. The food was great. The menu is diverse to satisfy all foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.