Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Lombard
70 Yorktown Center
Lombard, IL 60148Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Lombard
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrycarays.com/
- Phone: 6309533400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm Bar Only
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: David Rolon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry Caray’s, named for the late, renowned baseball announcer, has become one of the most nationally recognized restaurant groups in the Midwest. The Catering & Events division offers unparalleled services for a wide range of events including corporate functions, social events, weddings and in-home parties. Promising the same award-winning cuisine and attentive service that characterizes our legendary flagship restaurant, Harry Caray’s Catering & Events is the perfect match for any off-premise event.
- Private Party Facilities: Harry Caray’s Lombard features 6,000 square feet of private dining space. The Dancing Harry Room, located within the restaurant accommodates up to 36 guests and features a charming series of photos of a tuxedoed Harry dancing.
- Private Party Contact: Catering Sales Manager 6309533400x
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday on the Patio in June, July and August from 5:30pm-8:30pm along with food and drink specials!
A word from Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Lombard
The third Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse outpost opened in Lombard located in the new Westin Lombard Yorktown Center. Harry Caray's Lombard brings the same friendly confines and award-winning Italian Steakhouse cuisine from the legendary downtown location to Chicago's Western Suburbs. Designated the Official Home Plate of the Chicago Cubs, Harry Caray's specializes in the finest prime, aged steaks and chops and classic Italian cuisine. The friendly, energetic atmosphere embodies the amiable personality of the restaurant's namesake. The dark mahogany, mosaic floor, white-jacketed servers, white tablecloths and a veritable museum of baseball history combine to create a warm and casual elegance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Lombard - Best Restaurants in Lombard ›
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Lombard reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (10)romantic (7)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- JoSharDined on 10/2/2014Food was excellent. Our Server was "Kraig" and he did an excellent job explaining the entrees and providing portion suggestions. Steak came out "as ordered" and tasted exceptional. Good place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry Caray'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Food was excellent for the most part. Service was impeccable. Price a little steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014I was very satisfied with the food, drinks and of course service. Cant wait till the next time we go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry Caray's Great Food!CubDinerDined on 9/18/2014As usual, great food and great service. The steak and the pasta were both perfect.Special Features:
- HC Lombard goodafrotrekDined on 9/17/2014Recently had lunch with my publicist at Harry Caray's in Lombard at the Yorktown Mall. We both ordered burgers that were correctly prepared and tasty. Good quality of bacon is a plus. Waitress was super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuestDined on 9/16/2014We were unable to get a reservation until 8 pm. When we arrived there was 1 couple and we were told that they had had plenty of space all evening. How much business did the restaurant lose due to wanting to dine earlier?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak or Seafood!weeklynightoutDined on 9/14/2014The room is very dark and not so inviting, but we had a nice comfortable booth. We enjoyed our steaks and they took good care of us. Asparagus a tiny bit over cooked. Very tasty twice baked potato. We have dined at other Harry Caray's that give a better feeling, like in Rosemont. The steaks are delicious and the options of crusts and sauces make the meat choice delectable. For the price, I would probably go to a different steak house the next time. They need to make this a more appealing room. Dark can feel cozy with the right lighting and appointments.
- Always a FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We came out with the kids for a nice birthday celebration. Staff and service was great!! Will continue to return to this Chicago classic.Special Features:
- rickDined on 9/13/2014great anniversary dinner experience, great pre-dinner drinks,great steaks,wine & dessertSpecial Features:
- EatsoutVIPDined on 8/28/2014Delicious food and great service. A definite return! Loved the baseball memorabilia.Special Features:
- Joe661Dined on 8/22/2014Food and Service was terrific. I don't usually spend a lot of money for dinner but this was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Harry Carays in LombardGolfer59Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I love the place. We've taken friends here on several occasions because of the excellent food, service and fun atmosphere. Plus, they remember your name as a customer and that makes you feel special. They sometimes toss in a complimentary side dish to round off your dinner. The bar is awesome if you just want a beer, some sports TV and something to good to eat. You wouldn't think valet parking would be needed with a big parking lot in front, but the lot is often quite full because of hotel parties, etc. and the comp valet parking is a nice touch. My wife loves to check out the celeb pictures out front and everyone wants to rub the head of the Harry Caray bust in the lobby. Thumbs way up!Special Features:
- Better Places On 22nd Street . . .GoirishfanDined on 7/25/2014We dine out quite a bit. We chose Harry Caray's based on a favorable experience at the downtown location. This was a huge disappointment. Celebrated a special occasion and expected far more for the money. There's several other restaurants on 22nd Street between Oak Brook and Lombard and any choice would have been a better overall value and experience than Harry Caray's. Nothing about the food, service, or ambiance lived up to our expectations . . . or the money spent on this less-than-mediocre dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014We met for a small group dinner. Service was very good, the food was even better. I had the salmon and people in the group also had steak. Both were excellent and prepared very well. They also had a gluten free menu so everyone in our party had a chance to have an assortment of food. The side dishes were served family style which made it easy to share. The atmosphere was friendly and the memorabilia was very interesting. Very well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining room experiencekimbee66Dined on 7/19/2014We sat in the dining room and it was a fantastic. The steaks are out of this world as well as the pork chop, which is my husbands favorite. Not the first time we've been there. Food is always great. If you eat in the bar the noise level is very high if it is crowded. Lot's of energy in there if that's what you like. The burgers are fantastic!Special Features:
- FUNtsx06VIPDined on 7/16/2014FUN, ENTERGENTIC, GOOD FOOD, GOOD SELECTIONS, GREAT WAIT STAFF, HELPFUL FUN, ALL IN ALL ENJOYED VISIT, WOULD GO BACK NO PROBLEMSpecial Features:
- Good food, mediocre serviceEricVIPDined on 7/15/2014Had a client dinner at Harry Caray's in Lombard. The food was delicious, but our server was not strong. He interrupted our conversation to show us the cuts of meat, he did not keep our wine glasses filled, and generally was not very attentive. The same was true of the busboy, who cleared plates before everyone was finished with the meal (a personal pet peeve of mine). Again, great food, but need to work on service.
- good not greatDLGNJX5Dined on 7/11/2014The restaurant is lovely. Its sports décor outstanding. Our waiter was very polite and timed our food perfectly. The food itself leads to the "good" review. It was good but, certainly not great. I had the sausage and peppers. Not top quality meat and a bit overcooked. My husband had the burger. Nothing special about that except the price. Oh well we have always wanted to try the place and now we have. We will not be returning customers.Special Features:
- First timeNightoutDined on 7/8/2014This was my first time here with friends but we all had a great time. The food was delicious and our waiter Veronica was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 636 reviews are from the Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Lombard reviews archive.
- Harry Caray's LombardKun3joDined on 6/21/2014Excellent dinner menu and staff. Waiter was very helpful in our meal selection. Manager also very attentive to our dining experience. Enjoyed a wonderfully prepared meal in a relaxed atomosphere for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was greatTonyDined on 6/15/2014Went there on Father's Day, which was part of their steak week. We had a piece of prime and Wagyu beef. Both were deliciious and the portions were just the right size. We ordered a Caeser salad that they split up for us to share. Never had done that before but it was great, just the right amount for each of us. Would definitely go back there againSpecial Features:
- Amazing!MorgieDined on 6/14/2014I threw my best friends bachlorette party and the servers were fun and accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerDiningout2niteDined on 6/7/2014Our food (filet of sole and filet) was great and our server (Kraig) was polite, helpful and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation CelebrationawesomeDined on 5/25/2014We had a group of 14 for graduation and was in private room -excellent service (Carrie) and great food. Beyond my expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014It was my first time there and it was a perfect experience. The waiter was outstanding and never missed a beat, even noticing a mistake that we ourselves didn't even notice, and compensated for it immediately. 5 StarsSpecial Features:
- mothers dayRudyDined on 5/11/2014the food was wonderful, staff was attentive and the room looked beautiful!Special Features:
- Harry Caray's in LombardDiningout2niteDined on 5/1/2014Food was very good but prime rib was cold and had to be sent back. When it came back it was somewhat overdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Eaterypet74Dined on 4/23/2014Outstanding food and service. The seafood cobb salad was one of the best I have had. The menu choices were excellent. Can't wait to try the surf and turf which is always a special. Prices on the high side but worth every penny. Will definitely return here. Good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLindaDined on 4/12/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday with our family of seven. Three of them have never been to Harry Caray's and they loved it. The meal and service was great. We weren't rushed and were able to relax and enjoy ourselves. Our server, Anthony, was wonderful and fun. My husband really enjoyed his surprise dinner with the family and is still talking about how wonderful it was and it was the perfect place, since we had not been there in a while. Everyone enjoyed their drinks, appetizers and meals. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAshleyDined on 4/5/2014We came to Harry Caray's to celebrate my husband's birthday and left very disappointed. Our expensive steaks were cooked incorrectly, the 3 side dishes we ordered came out 20 minutes after our main dishes had been served, and the food was overpriced for the quality. We won't be returning.Special Features:
- The waitstaff shines1101VIPDined on 4/2/2014It is the wait staff who make all the difference in the world. The food is fine, but the server we had went above and beyond to make sure we had what we needed when we needed it. Exceptional professional!Special Features:
- OkayLMG53Dined on 3/22/2014It was our first visit. We had asked for a table in a quiet area online because we have a hearing impaired person in our group. Even with a reminder to the hostess when we arrived (@ 5:30, so not crowded) our request was ignored. By the end of the meal, it was so noisy we couldn't converse. Saul, our server, was GREAT Foodwise:! My prime rib was rare instead of med. rare. The sides were good, as was the key lime pie, and the portions were generous. We had hoped for a more formal experience as we had seen pics online of white tablecloths, etc. but it seemed to be casual attire and noisy. Since it is not inexpensive, our expectations were higher than our experience.Special Features:
- Great serviceJaniceDined on 3/13/2014We were a group of 7 women and had Anthony as our server. One of the best servers we have ever had. Did most of the work himself including keeping our water filled. Very funny and sincere. I would request him again. Calamari was the best we have ever eaten. My only disappointment was. The prime rib it was a little tuff but overall outstanding food and service,Special Features:
- Good, not great!MelanieDined on 3/12/2014For the money it costs to dine here, the food should have been better! Prime rib was overcooked, pasta was plain boring and salad drenched in dressing. I've eaten at a lot of top steak places and this is not one of them! Waiter was attentive and helpful!
- DisappointedglitzysueVIPDined on 3/8/2014All the people involved with the restaurant were wonderful. Our server was great. But unfortunately the food was simply OK. For the prices I would have expected much higher quality. For a Saturday night they were not terribly crowded and most of the people in the resturant seemed to be from the Westin Hotel next door. I was surprised to see the number of children there for that late in the evening on a Saturday. My husband had never been to Harry Caray's downtown so I was pretty disappointed except for the service.Special Features:
- We went to dinner Saturday.KathykDined on 3/1/2014We went to dinner Saturday. There were 4 of us. Our server, Tim, was great. He explained the menu and specials. My son ordered the Ribeye. He wanted rare, very rare. I think they call it blue. His steak came out medium. We sent it back, and it came out rare just they way he likes it. The manager came and checked to make sure all was OK. They even gave his drinks, "on the house." Great dining experience. Will go back.Special Features:
- ChefJeffinyourHouseDined on 3/1/2014Went to Harry Caray's for a date night/young child retreat and was pleasantly surprised that you could also sit and order from the Holy Mackerel menu as well. My wife and I both enjoyed the food and service was excellent. The only downfall was a table of 2 adults and 5 young kids who were noisy, but all in all it was not a terrible issue.Special Features:
- We had the surf and turf special.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/28/2014We had the surf and turf special. It was great because each of us go to pick our own entrees. Delicious sides and yummy desserts. We most certainly recommend this to our friends.Special Features:
- Looking forward to coming backjrhayesDined on 2/16/2014Even though I'm a White Sox fan, I can still appreciate a fine restaurant like Harry Caray's. Food selection was more than I expected, had a very difficult time deciding what to order, which makes the case for going back all that much stronger. Can't wait to try some of the other entrees that caught my eye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerValDin2Dined on 2/14/2014This was our first time. We both enjoyed our first dinner here. The food was delicious and the server was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.