Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago
33 W Kinzie St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harrycarays.com/
- Phone: (312) 828-0966
- Hours of Operation:
*Lunch:* Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Saturday – Sunday: *Bar Only
*Dinner:*; Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Rosetti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry Caray's Catering & Events offers unparalleled service for a wide range of off-premises events including corporate functions, social events, weddings, offices & private residences. Harry Caray's is a preferred provider at many of Chicago's most desirable venues & premier landmarks. Please call 312-222-9200.
- Private Party Facilities: Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse features 3 of the most unique banquet rooms in Chicago. Each room is home to some of Harry's most authentic baseball memorabilia which creates a casual, yet elegant decor. The second floor can accommodate groups of up to 400 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Starks - Banquet Sales Manager 3128280966x
- Entertainment: Sing along with Harry Caray ("Take Me Out To The Ball Game") 7:30pm nightly on the big screen in the bar.
- Special Events: Let us help plan your next event! Whether you're hosting the party in our of banquet rooms or at your office - Harry Caray's Catering & Events has got you covered.
A word from Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago
Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse, named “Best Steakhouse in Chicago” by the Chicago Tribune Dining Poll, Best of Citysearch Poll and Metromix on CLTV, serves the finest prime, aged steaks, chops and Italian favorites. The sophisticated, high energy restaurant is home to a museum-quality collection of sports memorabilia, original newspapers and photographs. Big-name athletes, celebrities and politicians are regularly spotted at this must-see Chicago institution. Guests seeking a welcoming spot to catch any major sporting event can hang out in Harry’s plasma-packed bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (132)special occasion (114)neighborhood gem (82)fit for foodies (68)great for lunch (50)notable wine list (49)vibrant bar scene (47)hot spot (47)romantic (31)kid-friendly (26)late-night find (17)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Thanks!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014Thank you, Thank you! Everything was fantastic! Will always come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I never been disappointedInsbobVIPDined on 11/21/2014I have had many lunches here over the years and have never been disappointed. It has also been an excellent meeting site for lunch or just cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KenJ629VIPDined on 11/18/2014I was having dinner with my boss's boss who was in from the UK along with 2 other colleagues who are originally from the UK as well but have lived in US for a bit. None had been to Harry's so since I got to choose, it was a great opportunity to show off a Chicago gem. I recommended the chicken vesuvio as it is one of the 2 best in the city along with Rosebud's. One gent from Scotland took me up on it and loved it. THe other two went for a rib eye and italian/pasta with sausage dishes. All were well within Harry's sweet spot and everyone was pleased. Nice work all !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food - nice treat for a weeknight.KathyDined on 11/17/2014I brought an out of town cousin who loves baseball, so it was perfect. The food and lighting were great - did see 1 notable person on the way in - I don't usually go out for dinner during the week and it was a very nice treat both for me and my guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago landmarkJohnnyVDined on 11/15/2014Had a great time with my family at Harry Carey's. For a steakhouse it also offers a wide variety of other fine dishes. Great service and very friendly place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night out!EatsDined on 11/14/2014Good food (fish and steak, & dessert and coffee), drinks & service. It was a good night out! Staff was vety nice and responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hubbys 60th had a wonderful time. .doryDined on 11/14/2014Great food. Great staff. Great city. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMellon222Dined on 11/9/2014The food was good, as we knew it would be since we had been there before while visiting Chicago. Good to know the quality hasn't changed. Very good service!Special Features:
- Another Great MealcaddymanDined on 11/8/2014We enjoyed another great meal at Harry's. It must be our 4th or 5th visit, and was a special anniversary dinner with just the two of us.. The dry aged steak I had was the best steak in town.... My wife's filet was very good too. Mine was cooked perfectly, and surpassed my expectations that were based on my past visits. The sides were very generous portions, and I left stuffed as usual. Our only disappointment was that one of our favorite deserts was not on the menu - - perhaps it is seasonal. Love the sports memorabilia too. Almost makes me want to be a Blackhawk's fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely time!luvgoodfoodDined on 11/8/2014We were a party of 6 who arrived 35 minutes before our reservation and we were able to be seated within 5 minutes. The food was very good and we had a charming waiter who was very friendly to the kids. Celebrating our anniversary, they brought a delicious piece of Key Lime Pie for our dessert to share. Thanks!Special Features:
- Exceptional!CherylDined on 11/7/2014The perfect meal, service, and atmosphere! Lupe was excellent and even gave us a tour. He made my 50th!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningSanger93657Dined on 11/4/2014We had a reservation for 4. On our way to the restaurant we found 2 additional friends that wanted to join us. When we arrived, we asked the host if we could change the reservation to 6 and without hesitations she made the change. The foods, drinks, friends and atmosphere was great. Hope to see you there next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be sure to ask for CarlosStreetsTNDined on 11/4/2014Our service was the best. (Request Carlos) The food was great.Special Features:
- Was just as I expected it to beOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Baseball memorabilia lined the walls and halls. The table spacing felt a little cramped. The restaurant seemed overly loud as well but that was probably, at least partly, because of the 2 dining groups sitting nearby. One of those was obviously a family. The service was excellent. The waiter had spot-on recommendations and the support staff was very attentive. We never had to ask for a refill of anything such as bread, water, beverages, etc.. Yes, I would recommend this restaurant to everyone except those seeking a quiet romantic evening. Suitable for birthday celebrations but not so much for marriage proposals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a late night dateNashvilleSteveDined on 10/31/2014This is a great place too meet for a late date with your best girl, married or not. Great atmosphere, service and food. The staff will make you feel as though you are their special guests, their only special guests of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedDexterDined on 10/30/2014I took my girlfriend to Harry Caray's for our 1 year anniversary, and we were blown away by the service and the steak. I had the 16 oz New York strip and it was easily the best steak I've ever had. It's a bit pricey but in my opinion it was worth it. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expect it to be goodDutterClanVIPDined on 10/30/2014and be pleasantly surprised when it's great. Service and food are always top notchSpecial Features:
- always great times here.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/28/2014Talon, our server is excellent, as always. This place takes great care of us every time, no matter how small or large our group is. Our out of town guests love coming here.Special Features:
- CalamariillmrjDined on 10/27/2014Calamari was the best I have had. The service was outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun venueKathleen1605Dined on 10/23/2014Steak was outstanding, as was summer sweet corn brûlée. Really enjoyed the three course filet special. Outstanding dinner!I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT just a "celeb" restaurant.DLofdaWestLoopDined on 10/22/2014My guests thought it would be some celeb place and expected little. I reminded them that Harry has been gone for years, yet the place thrives. Has to be the food. And, they agreed! Pasta dishes were praised highly. Their "famous" chicken vesuvio was more than memorable! Friendly staff with attentive service. Great chips in the bar. If they called it something else and took away the baseball decor, it would be considered as one of the best Italian steak houses in the city... (Which it already is!)... and not just thought of as a celeb restaurant. Harry Carey's NEVER disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great service, Fun spotRoseland2HomewoodLadyDined on 10/22/2014I took out-of-town relatives, major baseball fans, to dinner and we had a great meal. It is a little noisy, but we were able to enjoy a conversation. Steaks, prime rib and salmon were good choices for us. Service was attentive and respectful, we didn't feel rushed to leave. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We were there for a group dinner - business group dinner - very good food, service was great! Would go there again for sure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I think Harry Carays is a fun place for lunch, and the service is always great for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!RJW2001Dined on 10/16/2014A must visit everytime we come into Chicago! Everything from the service to the food is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible foodDisappointedVIPDined on 10/13/2014A co-worker and I had dinner here recently. Simply put - the food was awful. Both of us had pasta dishes and they were inedible. The waiter never came back once we received our food so we had zero chance to complain. By the time he showed back up, we told him the food was terrible and he said I am sorry and then returned with a check. We weren't rude or anything. He just didn't care. We paid and left. I WILL NEVER GO BACK HERE and I will make sure I tell anyone who asks about this restaurant that it is a waste of money.
- A great way to show off ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/13/2014I typically come to Harry's when I am recruiting talented people who are unfamiliar with Chicago. I consider it a great location to show us off. The food, service and environment are predictable and welcoming.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but a wee bit priceyLindaLDined on 10/12/2014I hadn't been in a few years, but didn't remember it being so pricey. Regardless, the food and service were great.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experienceSybaritic1Dined on 10/12/2014We celebrated my husband,s Chicago Marathon achievement with dinner at your restaurant. Delicious food and great knowledgeable service. We live in Cincinnati Ohio so are glad we found your gem of a restaurant.Special Features:
- Great experienceSnappledrinkerDined on 10/11/2014Excellent service. Very good food. Mens Room attendant very personable and fun to talk with.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/10/2014Service and food were outstanding. This is a classic not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualdel0711VIPDined on 10/10/2014We like coming here a great deal. The food is consistently excellent. I've never had a meal here that I didn't really enjoy. The Duroc Pork Chop is incredible. The service is also consistently excellent. Our server was Steve Shepski, whom we have had before. He represents Harry Caray's extremely well. He is friendly, relaxed, efficient and makes you feel welcome. We have been coming here regularly for years, and we go to the Rosemont location occasionally as well. Truly one of our favorites.
- EastCoastTransplantVIPDined on 10/8/2014Dry aged rib eye is my favorite in Chicago and I've been around. Wedge salad is very good.Special Features:
- Best Steak in ChicagoMcflyVIPDined on 10/7/2014Ok, so my wife and I spent 5 days in Chicago as we do most every year. For steak we had Ditkas (very good), Flemings (very good and excellent service) and then Harry Carey's. Harry would be proud. The TASTE of this steak beat the others. I couldn't believe how flavorful it was. While the other 2 restaurants were great, the steak here was the best I've EVER had. And that is saying alotSpecial Features:
- FoodLoverExtraordinaireDined on 10/6/2014HC never disappoints!! The special was outstanding and the service was its usual best.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014The food was amazing and we truly loved our waiter. He was friendly and a friend had very strict food requirements. He was responsive to all of them. Also don't forget to take a picture with the head statue!Special Features:
- Great Steak and ServiceJackDined on 10/4/2014The steaks were great, so tender you can cut them like butter. The sides were huge, as my wife and I split a wedge salad and a twice baked potato. Service was great, Mario the waiter was there when we needed him, and was never a bother. Always a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!FoodrookieDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food, fantastic service, holy smokes, definitely going there again. It was a nice atmosphere for couples, again, fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surpriseKaitRoseDined on 10/3/2014Absolutely delicious cuisine. If you're looking for a good cut of meat, you HAVE to dine here. The service was excellent as well. We will most definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestjimbVIPDined on 9/30/2014If you want good food, good service, a great menu and wine list, and an atmosphere that energizes you and your party, you must dine at Harry Caray's Italian Restaurant in downtown Chicago. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who has the opportunity to visit this great city.Special Features: