Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago
33 W Kinzie St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harrycarays.com/
- Phone: 3128280966x
- Hours of Operation:
*Lunch:* Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Saturday – Sunday: *Bar Only
*Dinner:*; Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Rosetti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry Caray's Catering & Events offers unparalleled service for a wide range of off-premises events including corporate functions, social events, weddings, offices & private residences. Harry Caray's is a preferred provider at many of Chicago's most desirable venues & premier landmarks. Please call 312-222-9200.
- Private Party Facilities: Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse features 3 of the most unique banquet rooms in Chicago. Each room is home to some of Harry's most authentic baseball memorabilia which creates a casual, yet elegant decor. The second floor can accommodate groups of up to 400 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Starks - Banquet Sales Manager 3128280966x
- Entertainment: Sing along with Harry Caray ("Take Me Out To The Ball Game") 7:30pm nightly on the big screen in the bar.
- Special Events: Let us help plan your next event! Whether you're hosting the party in our of banquet rooms or at your office - Harry Caray's Catering & Events has got you covered.
A word from Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago
Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse, named “Best Steakhouse in Chicago” by the Chicago Tribune Dining Poll, Best of Citysearch Poll and Metromix on CLTV, serves the finest prime, aged steaks, chops and Italian favorites. The sophisticated, high energy restaurant is home to a museum-quality collection of sports memorabilia, original newspapers and photographs. Big-name athletes, celebrities and politicians are regularly spotted at this must-see Chicago institution. Guests seeking a welcoming spot to catch any major sporting event can hang out in Harry’s plasma-packed bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (122)special occasion (110)neighborhood gem (94)fit for foodies (48)hot spot (44)great for lunch (41)vibrant bar scene (40)notable wine list (35)kid-friendly (30)romantic (22)late-night find (17)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Our server Jenny was AMAZING! Food was excellent, we're from Boston and sad we can't go there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Met out of town family whom we hadn't seen in 10 years. Waiter checked in on us but did not rush us as we were so caught up in conversation. Calamari, ravioli and bruschetta were excellent appetizers. Filets and lamb chops were very good and would definitely order again. Best surprise was the taste and quality of the sides. We ordered brussel sprouts, asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes, and the baked cheddar bacon potato (they are served family style). Not always a fan of brussel sprouts but they were the first side gone. The asparagus was crunchy and nicely seasoned. Potatoes were great even the next night. We were not rushed and stayed an hour after the bill was paid. Wait staff continued to fill water glasses. Great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago Must VisitHarryCarayKYFanDined on 9/12/2014Everytime i travel to Chicago - Harry Caray's is a must visit! The crab cakes are to die for and the steaks are always perfect!Special Features:
- joeybjoeybDined on 9/10/2014Great appetizers, steak was excellent. Knowledgeable waitstaff and the management went out of their way to accommodate our larger than reservation group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below AverageHungryDined on 9/10/2014Forgot to bring the salad. Forgot to bring the wine. Steak was under cooked. Waiter had an attitude. Pricey for all that.
- HavenDined on 9/9/2014Steak were very good, but pricey. Side dishes were average. Service was poor; in a hurry.Special Features:
- great placejg656Dined on 9/9/2014We were in Chicago for the IMTS show, I brought customers here for dinner. Everything was great, we had a reservation and were seated promptly. Service was excellent and the waiter very knowledgeable. Great steaks and Pork chop served piping hot and seasoned to perfection. My customer stated it was one of the top 3 steaks he has ever had. Loved it and will return next time in town,Special Features:
- ExcellentIMTSVisitorDined on 9/9/2014No complaints, everything was awesome! Would definitely recommend and visit again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Tables too close together and very difficult to have good conversation because of noise levelSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Food was excellent-filet perfectly cooked, tender and flavorful. Twice-baked potato was delicious and generously portioned. We had a late lunch and the restaurant was quiet with few customers allowing us to roam around and look at all the great memorabilia and pictures. Our waiter volunteered to take our picture with the holey cow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!KantowDined on 9/6/2014I wanted to take my boyfriend somewhere Chicago-y for his birthday and Harry Caray's was the spot! My boyfriend loves sports and we enjoyed looking at all the memorabilia. The food was great. My filet melted in my mouth! Lots of Gorgonzola cheese and my boyfriend loved the prime rib. I would say the garlic mashed potatoes were a little bland. I was so impressed with the waiter, Steve- he was very knowledgeable and he took time to read my reason for coming and brought him a delicious piece of key lime pie for his birthday! Def. recommend this place!!
- Good but not greatFoodie4lifeDined on 9/6/2014The experience at Harry Caray's was okay. We were seated at the back of the restaraunt - the table wasn't bad except there was little lighting in the area so our table was dark. We needed to use the flashlight from our phones to read the menu. The NY strip was a very good steak but the pasta was mediocre. We did have good service but overall dinner was an expensive disappointment.
- HC's never disappointswestcoastfoodieDined on 9/4/2014We stopped in for a steak and Chicken Vesuvio, and bingo, they were both perfect.Special Features:
- Unbeatable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Joe, our server, made the evening! The service was outstanding.,,even better than the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2014Our reservation was at 9:30, so we never expected the following. Our server, who was quite helpful with the wine selection, rushed us to order, telling us (& I quote): 10 big Mexicans in the back want your order in now so they can go home. Needless to say, our entrees came out while appetizers were still in progress, the steak was first over cooked then under cooked THREE times. I gave up on the meal; asked to just "skip it". Next, they started turning up the lights & "closing" while we were waiting on dessert (it was part of their 3 part dinner selection or I never would have bothered). The manager took care of this portion of the bill but what a disappointment; I'd rather have had a nice, relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- Enjoyed steaks!MitsukoDined on 9/3/2014I had a nice dinner outing with co-workers on 9/3. Everyone ordered steaks and we were all very happy with our selection. I had the 8 oz filet, med rare but it came out more on the medium side (the only flaw). The gorgonzola topping was plentiful and a great compliment to the rich steak. For appetizer, our table shared toasted raviolis (cheese and sausage) which were moist and crispy. Overall, very good dinner and superb service!!Special Features:
- Chicken Vesuvio Lives to reputationtmr777Dined on 8/31/2014We chose this restaurant for our last night in Chicago and thought we would have steak. However, we were not impressed with what we saw on the plates of other diners and chose the popular chicken vesuvio and the papparadelle, both of which were absolutely delicious. We couldn't believe that we were able to finish them as we also enjoyed the burrata and goat cheese salad before our main meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night out.yummsDined on 8/30/2014Came to Harry Carey by a referral of a family member. My husband and I wanted to eat real Chicago food. We were both pleasantly surprised. We each had the skirt steak, which was mouth watering. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MizoDined on 8/30/2014We hit up this place every time we're in Chicago. It's a classic steakhouse with terrific service and food. We asked our server, Lisa, if they had espresso martinis and she explained how they made theirs. We told her our recipe was a little different, so she wrote down our recipe and had the bartender make some for us! The toasted ravioli appetizer is so good...and BIG. Eight pieces! The sauce is a little acidic for my tastes (prefer a sweet sauce), but that wasn't a problem. We split the burger and it was fantastic! (Later in our stay we hit up the 7th Inning Stretch restaurant at Water Tower Place and had the best burger I think I've ever had.) We don't usually eat so many burgers, but Harry Caray's knows how to make them!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014I gave my husband the choice of restaurants in Chicago for his birthday dinner, and he picked Harry Carey's. It is his all-time favorite place for steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahGrineyDined on 8/29/2014The filets were fatty and couldn't eat all of it. The waiter saw this and just said "Full already?". Beware of the high prices for average at best wine. We wouldn't go back even if the meal was freeSpecial Features:
- FredDined on 8/25/2014This may be the best steak in Chicago. They serve a variety of foor and it was all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME restaurant!!localyokel1976VIPDined on 8/23/2014Can't say enough about this place. Great food. Great service. And the pictures on the walls are just so cool. Great place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014Very good lamb chops and pork chops. The steak was excellent. Yet very crowded and service slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry Caray'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Harry is a class restaurant. Outstanding service at all levels. The waiters take time to talk to you and not rush you. The food is excellent, both steak and Italian. I visit Harry's every time I am in Chicago.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014The food was great, the staff vet friendly, and great beerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Entire experience was superb including the friendliness of the bathroom attendant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Between casual and fine diningmursDined on 8/22/2014We expected this restaurant to be a finer end steak house, however it's much more casual with a sports bar at one end and a huge restaurant at the other. As first-timers to Chicago, we knew HC was a must-see with all of the sports memorabilia, it's was worth going to at least once. The prime rib was good and the kale salad excellent. The server was really great, friendly and clearly a Cubs fan. On the other hand, the hostess was less-than-friendly, which set a bad tone. However, the server, food, and historical atmosphere made up for it and we left full and glad we had experience HC at least once. Make sure to peek upstairs.Special Features:
- Not what you'd thinkJaxJas12Dined on 8/22/2014When I showed up to Harry Carey's with my big Cubs and Harry Carey fan friend, I expected a sports bar feel. So when we waited for the dining room to open and saw the tableclothed tables and a more fancy atmosphere, we were taken aback a little. We just didn't expect that. Our server was attentive and nice, but he didn't go above and beyond. Neat mustache. The food was excellent. The cup you received with the half soup/sandwich deal was a pretty small portion. I left still a little hungry. But I didn't mind, because I knew I was going to be eating pizza later! Overall, I thought Harry Carey's was very nice, and I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- The best steak in ChicagoSteveDined on 8/20/2014Been coming to chicago for years but the first time to Harry's. This was the best dining experience I've had in quite some time. Food was excellent and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome skirt steakMary33Dined on 8/19/2014Came here with my teenage son on a baseball park tour -- Wrigley-- and it was great. Even a 16-year-old was impressed. The skirt steak was tender and delicious. We enjoyed the little tour of the Nitti vault and old newspaper clippings. Wait staff was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!CynthiaDined on 8/18/2014From the moment our group walked in the door we were greeted by a friendly wait staff. Our Server was phenomenal in his ability to recommend craft beers for the group along with menu selections. He seemed more than adept in handling any question we may have had without hesitation. During our entire stay the staff was very attentive to our needs, and removed plates promptly/quietly making for a very comfortable environment.Special Features:
- A good choice for a steak.SteakeatersDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I had a few questions about the steaks on the menu. Our server Michael took his time and showed us a steak platter and explained each steak to us. Which resulted in a great tasting steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food, interesting spaceKobeBeefDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went here for dinner recently; neither of us had been, and it's sort of a neighborhood landmark. The room was busy and the waitstaff certainly wasn't overly solicitous, which was actually kind of nice. (Except that we overheard our waitress discussing specials and steak selections with the table behind us, but never mentioned any of the same to us... A little odd.). We had a very "standard" meal - bottle of wine, shrimp, steaks, salad, and a potato, and the with food was fine. Nothing amazing, just ... solid fare. The memorabilia makes the place - it was a hoot to check out the photographs on the wall and all the uniforms, etc. Overall, we're glad we went once.Special Features:
- LOVED it!jessicaktDined on 8/15/2014I was so impressed by Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse! The bread they give you for the table is some of the best bread I've ever had! I got the Lobster ravioli (The special of the day) and it was hands down one of the best meals I've ever had. The flavor combinations were amazing. The only downside was that our server wasn't very friendly and didn't come check on us very often, but from seeing the other servers it seems like they were all great and it was just ours that was having an off night.Special Features:
- Low Lighting LevelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Lighting in the dining rooms could be improved. Difficult to read menu's without using a flashlight.Special Features:
- Great servicebizdindelightDined on 8/15/2014Our waiter was fantastic, great recommendations and execution.Special Features:
- Great food, fun atmosphereDenverDaveVIPDined on 8/13/2014Harry would have been proud. Very good food and the servers are characters. Really enjoyed our dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid choicePhilDined on 8/13/2014I've been to Harry Caray's a half dozen times and it never disappoints. How can you resist those chips. The wine list is deep and they always have some affordable bottles to order. I've had everything from steak, seafood and pasta and they always are delicious. I had the chicken and pasta special this time and it was so good!Special Features:
- Holy Cow!GreatPlaceDined on 8/12/2014We where an hour late for our reservation because of travel delays. Not too many people remained in the resteraunt, but it didn't matter...they treated out great. Didn't rush us, great service and oh, the meal was incredible!!! The overall experience will be something our family will talk about for years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.