Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago
33 W Kinzie St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harrycarays.com/
- Phone: 3128280966x
- Hours of Operation:
*Lunch:* Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Saturday – Sunday: *Bar Only
*Dinner:*; Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Rosetti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry Caray's Catering & Events offers unparalleled service for a wide range of off-premises events including corporate functions, social events, weddings, offices & private residences. Harry Caray's is a preferred provider at many of Chicago's most desirable venues & premier landmarks. Please call 312-222-9200.
- Private Party Facilities: Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse features 3 of the most unique banquet rooms in Chicago. Each room is home to some of Harry's most authentic baseball memorabilia which creates a casual, yet elegant decor. The second floor can accommodate groups of up to 400 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Starks - Banquet Sales Manager 3128280966x
- Entertainment: Sing along with Harry Caray ("Take Me Out To The Ball Game") 7:30pm nightly on the big screen in the bar.
- Special Events: Let us help plan your next event! Whether you're hosting the party in our of banquet rooms or at your office - Harry Caray's Catering & Events has got you covered.
A word from Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago
Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse, named “Best Steakhouse in Chicago” by the Chicago Tribune Dining Poll, Best of Citysearch Poll and Metromix on CLTV, serves the finest prime, aged steaks, chops and Italian favorites. The sophisticated, high energy restaurant is home to a museum-quality collection of sports memorabilia, original newspapers and photographs. Big-name athletes, celebrities and politicians are regularly spotted at this must-see Chicago institution. Guests seeking a welcoming spot to catch any major sporting event can hang out in Harry’s plasma-packed bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (108)special occasion (97)neighborhood gem (83)fit for foodies (44)great for lunch (42)hot spot (41)vibrant bar scene (34)notable wine list (33)kid-friendly (27)romantic (22)late-night find (17)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Nice night out.yummsDined on 8/30/2014Came to Harry Carey by a referral of a family member. My husband and I wanted to eat real Chicago food. We were both pleasantly surprised. We each had the skirt steak, which was mouth watering. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014I gave my husband the choice of restaurants in Chicago for his birthday dinner, and he picked Harry Carey's. It is his all-time favorite place for steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahGrineyDined on 8/29/2014The filets were fatty and couldn't eat all of it. The waiter saw this and just said "Full already?". Beware of the high prices for average at best wine. We wouldn't go back even if the meal was freeSpecial Features:
- FredDined on 8/25/2014This may be the best steak in Chicago. They serve a variety of foor and it was all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME restaurant!!localyokel1976VIPDined on 8/23/2014Can't say enough about this place. Great food. Great service. And the pictures on the walls are just so cool. Great place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Very good lamb chops and pork chops. The steak was excellent. Yet very crowded and service slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry Caray'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Harry is a class restaurant. Outstanding service at all levels. The waiters take time to talk to you and not rush you. The food is excellent, both steak and Italian. I visit Harry's every time I am in Chicago.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014The food was great, the staff vet friendly, and great beerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Entire experience was superb including the friendliness of the bathroom attendant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Between casual and fine diningmursDined on 8/22/2014We expected this restaurant to be a finer end steak house, however it's much more casual with a sports bar at one end and a huge restaurant at the other. As first-timers to Chicago, we knew HC was a must-see with all of the sports memorabilia, it's was worth going to at least once. The prime rib was good and the kale salad excellent. The server was really great, friendly and clearly a Cubs fan. On the other hand, the hostess was less-than-friendly, which set a bad tone. However, the server, food, and historical atmosphere made up for it and we left full and glad we had experience HC at least once. Make sure to peek upstairs.Special Features:
- Not what you'd thinkJaxJas12Dined on 8/22/2014When I showed up to Harry Carey's with my big Cubs and Harry Carey fan friend, I expected a sports bar feel. So when we waited for the dining room to open and saw the tableclothed tables and a more fancy atmosphere, we were taken aback a little. We just didn't expect that. Our server was attentive and nice, but he didn't go above and beyond. Neat mustache. The food was excellent. The cup you received with the half soup/sandwich deal was a pretty small portion. I left still a little hungry. But I didn't mind, because I knew I was going to be eating pizza later! Overall, I thought Harry Carey's was very nice, and I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- The best steak in ChicagoSteveDined on 8/20/2014Been coming to chicago for years but the first time to Harry's. This was the best dining experience I've had in quite some time. Food was excellent and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome skirt steakMary33Dined on 8/19/2014Came here with my teenage son on a baseball park tour -- Wrigley-- and it was great. Even a 16-year-old was impressed. The skirt steak was tender and delicious. We enjoyed the little tour of the Nitti vault and old newspaper clippings. Wait staff was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!CynthiaDined on 8/18/2014From the moment our group walked in the door we were greeted by a friendly wait staff. Our Server was phenomenal in his ability to recommend craft beers for the group along with menu selections. He seemed more than adept in handling any question we may have had without hesitation. During our entire stay the staff was very attentive to our needs, and removed plates promptly/quietly making for a very comfortable environment.Special Features:
- A good choice for a steak.SteakeatersDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I had a few questions about the steaks on the menu. Our server Michael took his time and showed us a steak platter and explained each steak to us. Which resulted in a great tasting steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food, interesting spaceKobeBeefDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went here for dinner recently; neither of us had been, and it's sort of a neighborhood landmark. The room was busy and the waitstaff certainly wasn't overly solicitous, which was actually kind of nice. (Except that we overheard our waitress discussing specials and steak selections with the table behind us, but never mentioned any of the same to us... A little odd.). We had a very "standard" meal - bottle of wine, shrimp, steaks, salad, and a potato, and the with food was fine. Nothing amazing, just ... solid fare. The memorabilia makes the place - it was a hoot to check out the photographs on the wall and all the uniforms, etc. Overall, we're glad we went once.Special Features:
- LOVED it!jessicaktDined on 8/15/2014I was so impressed by Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse! The bread they give you for the table is some of the best bread I've ever had! I got the Lobster ravioli (The special of the day) and it was hands down one of the best meals I've ever had. The flavor combinations were amazing. The only downside was that our server wasn't very friendly and didn't come check on us very often, but from seeing the other servers it seems like they were all great and it was just ours that was having an off night.Special Features:
- Low Lighting LevelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Lighting in the dining rooms could be improved. Difficult to read menu's without using a flashlight.Special Features:
- Great servicebizdindelightDined on 8/15/2014Our waiter was fantastic, great recommendations and execution.Special Features:
- Great food, fun atmosphereDenverDaveDined on 8/13/2014Harry would have been proud. Very good food and the servers are characters. Really enjoyed our dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid choicePhilDined on 8/13/2014I've been to Harry Caray's a half dozen times and it never disappoints. How can you resist those chips. The wine list is deep and they always have some affordable bottles to order. I've had everything from steak, seafood and pasta and they always are delicious. I had the chicken and pasta special this time and it was so good!Special Features:
- Holy Cow!GreatPlaceDined on 8/12/2014We where an hour late for our reservation because of travel delays. Not too many people remained in the resteraunt, but it didn't matter...they treated out great. Didn't rush us, great service and oh, the meal was incredible!!! The overall experience will be something our family will talk about for years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Great Service!CubsFanforLifeDined on 8/12/2014On a Chicago Sports trip we stopped by for lunch and had a great time. The Valet parking was very convienent, the ambiance was fun and as a sports nuts who grew up listening to Harry Caray it was a perfect way to prepare for a night at Wrigley Field! The food was great, service was fast and good!Special Features:
- CubsCubsfanVIPDined on 8/9/2014Tweed was wonderful as always and took great care of our group. A classic that keeps us coming back year after year.Special Features:
- RicardoDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I arrived at 4:50 for our 45th anniversary Dinner. We were seated at 5 at a table. 4 minutes later the hostess brought 4 people and seated them behind us. I had to push my chair in to allow room for the guests behind me. If the hostess had been properly trained, she would have seated them at another table in the empty dining room. Salads were great, by wife had a great chicken dinner which she loved, my prime rib was only a 2 out of 10, chewy and tough. Brownie dessert was wonderful. We were very disappointed. The next time we will go to Sullivans or our favorite, Ruth Chris.Special Features:
- 👏ClovestoeatDined on 8/8/2014Great experience, great food, great service!! One of my favorite's in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Date SpotBChadDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had heard of Harry Caray's and made it in to eat there while in Chicago this past week. It was excellent, the service of our waiter, Don, was exceptional and we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry Caray's scores againDaveVIPDined on 8/8/2014Four of us spent an enjoyable evening at Harry's, great service, very good food and a friendly atmosphere. The women had their favorite, chicken vescuvio, the men had a small filet and a prime rib, all extremely well prepared and satisfying. Harry's in River North is consistently good and whenever we have out of town guests we take them there because we know they will be impressed.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014First time dining...went for a lovely steak dinner. Everything was fabulous...food was perfectly prepared and many very nice selections. Drink and wine menu was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placeFun5VIPDined on 8/6/2014Wonderful place to dine. The menu had multiple choices and the food was cooked to perfection. The service was outstanding our glasses were never empty and the dishes were removed promptly. Strongly recommend to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent serviceSocraticParentDined on 8/6/2014Our table was ready when we arrived. Lupe was our server, and he offered excellent main course suggestions, wine pairings, meat choices, and even recommended we visit the little museum in the basement. Lupe brought out a huge tray of meat and explained the difference between dry aging and wet aging and the value of marbling for our 12-year-old before she ordered her steak. A fun evening for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for steak, and found itTrayCeilingsVIPDined on 8/3/2014On our last night in town we were craving steak. We split a 55-day dry-aged bone-in ribeye and it did not disappoint. There was some gristle, but ribeye is supposed to have some gristle. Just cut if off and enjoy that beefy, juicy steak with a perfectly seasoned and caramelized crust. No "special" crusts needed, unless you want to spend more $. Our only other side was a dish of sauteed spinach--delicious, not overly oily or salty. We didn't eat much of the bread (we're both eating low-carb nowadays) but it was warm and dense, more similar to Italian farm bread than a French baguette. Too full for dessert so can't comment on it. Our service was appropriately attentive without being intrusive. My only complaint? It's too dark in there.Special Features:
- Disappointed.lovetocookDined on 8/3/2014I cook a lot at home. Grill out all the time. I ordered the 9 Oz Fillet, $36 for the Fillet. Better be good for that price. Steak was ordered mid rare and came to me Mid Well. Sent it back. Fifteen min. later my second steak arrives, cooked mid rare, Cold on the outside too and no flavor at all. How do you grill a Bland steak!? If the steak is good, a little salt and pepper, at most, is all it needs before hitting the grill. If the service is bad, good food helps to gloss over the lack of attention. There weren't 20 people in this place, and our service was a cold as my steak.. Buy your own steak, stay at home and fire up the grill.
- Wonderful ExperienceCubbiefan80Dined on 7/30/2014We took our 80 year old mother to this restaurant as a special treat on our trip to Chicago. She is a big Cubbie fan and has been one since 1977. When we moved to Florida we couldn't get our NY baseball teams on TV, we mainly got the Braves and the Cubs. My mom liked the Cubs because of the full stadium and listening to Harry Caray. My mom is also Italian so we had to make a stop here. She found the food to be terrific. We had an 8 oz steak, creamed spinach, a Harry Caray Holy Cow burger, cream brûlée, brownie in a skillet and cocktails. We can only rave about all of the food and our Waitress Wendy was just as wonderful as well as all the other servers. We would highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions and regular dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in the Bar was Great FunLuvRetirementVIPDined on 7/29/2014We wanted to watch the baseball game and where better than the bar at Harry Caray's? The food was way above bar food and the service was outstanding. We enjoyed the bar scene, which was loud, but not too loud for talking. We had the calamari and the chopped antipasto and wine. Will always come here when in ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Service and FoodoraclecarlDined on 7/29/2014Carlos made our visit very special. The prime rib could not have been any more tender and tasty. And my wife proclaimed the salmon the best she'd ever eaten, and she loves salmon. The glaze on the salmon is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Best rib eye I ever ate!! Service was also excellent as was side dishes and dessert, had key lime pie.Special Features:
- A Post-Cubs Game EatjnnydggnDined on 7/27/2014Took the girlfriend here for her birthday, right after a Cubs game. Food was delicious. We both had the chicken vesuvio. Waiter seemed kind, & the hostess was able to switch my reservations from 8:00 to 5:30 without a problem; the game ended sooner than I thought, so the switch worked out perfectly. Overall, I was pleased with my visit & would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Struck out this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2014We have eaten here one other time in the bar and had a great time. This time we decided to eat in the dining room - - the host was rude, the service was poor and the steaks were dry. We are big Harry Carey fans but we will avoid the dining room next timeSpecial Features:
- Very good experience overallShrekTampaDined on 7/26/2014We dined as a party of 6 on a Friday night. We were there about 15 minutes early, and were promptly seated. Our server, Eric was excellent. The restaurant was quite busy, as I would expect for a popular spot on a Saturday evening. The seating was a bit cramped, I would have preferred a bit more room. Appetizers were excellent. Was disappointed that they were already out of the prime rib, which was my first choice. So, if you want prime rib, I suggest you get an earlier reservation. The wet aged bone-in ribeye did not disappoint, and was cooked perfectly. The skillet chocolate fudge sundae was killer. One of my favorite spots in Chicago and would go back. Expensive, but worth it. Every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.