Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago
33 W Kinzie St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harrycarays.com/
- Phone: 3128280966x
- Hours of Operation:
*Lunch:* Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Saturday – Sunday: *Bar Only
*Dinner:*; Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Rosetti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry Caray's Catering & Events offers unparalleled service for a wide range of off-premises events including corporate functions, social events, weddings, offices & private residences. Harry Caray's is a preferred provider at many of Chicago's most desirable venues & premier landmarks. Please call 312-222-9200.
- Private Party Facilities: Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse features 3 of the most unique banquet rooms in Chicago. Each room is home to some of Harry's most authentic baseball memorabilia which creates a casual, yet elegant decor. The second floor can accommodate groups of up to 400 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Starks - Banquet Sales Manager 3128280966x
- Entertainment: Sing along with Harry Caray ("Take Me Out To The Ball Game") 7:30pm nightly on the big screen in the bar.
- Special Events: Let us help plan your next event! Whether you're hosting the party in our of banquet rooms or at your office - Harry Caray's Catering & Events has got you covered.
A word from Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago
Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse, named “Best Steakhouse in Chicago” by the Chicago Tribune Dining Poll, Best of Citysearch Poll and Metromix on CLTV, serves the finest prime, aged steaks, chops and Italian favorites. The sophisticated, high energy restaurant is home to a museum-quality collection of sports memorabilia, original newspapers and photographs. Big-name athletes, celebrities and politicians are regularly spotted at this must-see Chicago institution. Guests seeking a welcoming spot to catch any major sporting event can hang out in Harry’s plasma-packed bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (118)special occasion (110)neighborhood gem (81)fit for foodies (61)hot spot (41)great for lunch (41)notable wine list (40)vibrant bar scene (37)kid-friendly (28)romantic (23)late-night find (13)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I think Harry Carays is a fun place for lunch, and the service is always great for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!RJW2001Dined on 10/16/2014A must visit everytime we come into Chicago! Everything from the service to the food is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great way to show off ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/13/2014I typically come to Harry's when I am recruiting talented people who are unfamiliar with Chicago. I consider it a great location to show us off. The food, service and environment are predictable and welcoming.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experienceSybaritic1Dined on 10/12/2014We celebrated my husband,s Chicago Marathon achievement with dinner at your restaurant. Delicious food and great knowledgeable service. We live in Cincinnati Ohio so are glad we found your gem of a restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/10/2014Service and food were outstanding. This is a classic not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualdel0711VIPDined on 10/10/2014We like coming here a great deal. The food is consistently excellent. I've never had a meal here that I didn't really enjoy. The Duroc Pork Chop is incredible. The service is also consistently excellent. Our server was Steve Shepski, whom we have had before. He represents Harry Caray's extremely well. He is friendly, relaxed, efficient and makes you feel welcome. We have been coming here regularly for years, and we go to the Rosemont location occasionally as well. Truly one of our favorites.
- EastCoastTransplantVIPDined on 10/8/2014Dry aged rib eye is my favorite in Chicago and I've been around. Wedge salad is very good.Special Features:
- Best Steak in ChicagoMcflyVIPDined on 10/7/2014Ok, so my wife and I spent 5 days in Chicago as we do most every year. For steak we had Ditkas (very good), Flemings (very good and excellent service) and then Harry Carey's. Harry would be proud. The TASTE of this steak beat the others. I couldn't believe how flavorful it was. While the other 2 restaurants were great, the steak here was the best I've EVER had. And that is saying alotSpecial Features:
- FoodLoverExtraordinaireDined on 10/6/2014HC never disappoints!! The special was outstanding and the service was its usual best.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014The food was amazing and we truly loved our waiter. He was friendly and a friend had very strict food requirements. He was responsive to all of them. Also don't forget to take a picture with the head statue!Special Features:
- Great Steak and ServiceJackDined on 10/4/2014The steaks were great, so tender you can cut them like butter. The sides were huge, as my wife and I split a wedge salad and a twice baked potato. Service was great, Mario the waiter was there when we needed him, and was never a bother. Always a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!FoodrookieDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food, fantastic service, holy smokes, definitely going there again. It was a nice atmosphere for couples, again, fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surpriseKaitRoseDined on 10/3/2014Absolutely delicious cuisine. If you're looking for a good cut of meat, you HAVE to dine here. The service was excellent as well. We will most definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestjimbVIPDined on 9/30/2014If you want good food, good service, a great menu and wine list, and an atmosphere that energizes you and your party, you must dine at Harry Caray's Italian Restaurant in downtown Chicago. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who has the opportunity to visit this great city.Special Features:
- HarrysItalianoDined on 9/28/2014The service was extremely good in the perso of "Tweed." My elderly uncle thought his steak was "too crusty" so Tweed took it back with a smile and brought one to the uncle's liking. The food itself was very good (steaks all the way around the table) and even the house wine was good (cab). The attendant in men's room was a laugh; he was enthusiastically singing Kenny Rogers tunes and making everyone smile. To sum it up, we had a memorable time and my uncle was simply glowing (of course, that was partly because we picked up the bill!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry Caray's OutstandinghhidineVIPDined on 9/27/2014Holy Cow!!! It was a great experience for a dinner while attending a conference being held in Chicago. The steaks and service was fantastic! We will definately be back the next trip to Chicago!Special Features:
- Wonderful from start to finishkschoenbein24Dined on 9/26/2014Our waiter was wonderful and full of knowledge. He made sure to explain the menu and what they are known for. He also explained the different cuts of steaks and what to expect out of each one. His recommendation was spot on!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCapmanDined on 9/24/2014This is a place I take my customers on a regular basis. It is a great mix of great food and a taste of the Chicago sports memorbiliaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Too noisy and steak and pasta not as good as we expected- for the price
- A Chicago classic. Great ambianceBigdaddypounderDined on 9/20/2014Classic Chicago. Great steaks and good Italian Food. Lots of baseball memorabilia everywhere. Large bar area with TVs to watch the game before dining or eat at the bar. Great location.Special Features:
- Nice,Casual and ClassyfirsttimedinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014We were just visiting for a Cubs game and decided to try HC. It was a nice steakhouse. We had a prime rib, bison steak and NY Strip between the 3 of us.all were delicious! We will return next time we are in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEat2liveDined on 9/19/2014We had an excellent experience with great food and staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past good, this time not so much.EricDined on 9/19/2014I have eaten here a few times over the years, and was very good, this time not so much. While my wife had a nicew chicken meal, I ordered the Pork chop. First was delivered and was not cooked all the way thru. Waiter ordered a second and that came out worse than the first. Will not order that again! Wait staff and mgnt. was very good, the chef cooking that day was not. I will go back in the future, I am a huge Harry Caray fan and go there for him. Just not ordering the Pork Chop!Special Features:
- Great Experiencekatyjane222Dined on 9/17/2014Had a great dinner at Harry's, they have the best bruschetta in town for starters. Service is perfect from the moment you walk in. Sausage and pepper's outstanding, the pork chop their noted for was excellent. Great crowd of friendly people and service staff. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry CarayslovechicagoDined on 9/16/2014They don't offer any steaks under 14 ozs except a 12 oz filet. Too much and I don't like take home. All meals were very large proportions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!jimmyhDined on 9/16/2014This was our first time at Harry Caray's. The service was the BEST (wish I could remember our server's name). The food was exquisite! Both of us had the filet special...great choices! I don't like brussel sprouts but these were delicious! We hope to go back some day and try another delectable entrée!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLagaceDined on 9/14/2014Our server Jenny was AMAZING! Food was excellent, we're from Boston and sad we can't go there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Met out of town family whom we hadn't seen in 10 years. Waiter checked in on us but did not rush us as we were so caught up in conversation. Calamari, ravioli and bruschetta were excellent appetizers. Filets and lamb chops were very good and would definitely order again. Best surprise was the taste and quality of the sides. We ordered brussel sprouts, asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes, and the baked cheddar bacon potato (they are served family style). Not always a fan of brussel sprouts but they were the first side gone. The asparagus was crunchy and nicely seasoned. Potatoes were great even the next night. We were not rushed and stayed an hour after the bill was paid. Wait staff continued to fill water glasses. Great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Veal chop was to die for. Seafood Cobb salad was also fabulous & of course the filet was so tender no knife was needed. Side portions were very generous. Our server was great and we enjoyed all the sports memorabilia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago Must VisitHarryCarayKYFanDined on 9/12/2014Everytime i travel to Chicago - Harry Caray's is a must visit! The crab cakes are to die for and the steaks are always perfect!Special Features:
- joeybjoeybDined on 9/10/2014Great appetizers, steak was excellent. Knowledgeable waitstaff and the management went out of their way to accommodate our larger than reservation group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below AverageHungryDined on 9/10/2014Forgot to bring the salad. Forgot to bring the wine. Steak was under cooked. Waiter had an attitude. Pricey for all that.
- HavenDined on 9/9/2014Steak were very good, but pricey. Side dishes were average. Service was poor; in a hurry.Special Features:
- one of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Harry Caray's has been one of my favorite Chicago restaurants for over 15 years. The food is always fantastic, regardless of what you order. It is a bit too crowded at times, but overall, one of my very favorite places to eat when I visit Chicago.Special Features:
- great placejg656Dined on 9/9/2014We were in Chicago for the IMTS show, I brought customers here for dinner. Everything was great, we had a reservation and were seated promptly. Service was excellent and the waiter very knowledgeable. Great steaks and Pork chop served piping hot and seasoned to perfection. My customer stated it was one of the top 3 steaks he has ever had. Loved it and will return next time in town,Special Features:
- ExcellentIMTSVisitorDined on 9/9/2014No complaints, everything was awesome! Would definitely recommend and visit again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Tables too close together and very difficult to have good conversation because of noise levelSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Food was excellent-filet perfectly cooked, tender and flavorful. Twice-baked potato was delicious and generously portioned. We had a late lunch and the restaurant was quiet with few customers allowing us to roam around and look at all the great memorabilia and pictures. Our waiter volunteered to take our picture with the holey cow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!KantowDined on 9/6/2014I wanted to take my boyfriend somewhere Chicago-y for his birthday and Harry Caray's was the spot! My boyfriend loves sports and we enjoyed looking at all the memorabilia. The food was great. My filet melted in my mouth! Lots of Gorgonzola cheese and my boyfriend loved the prime rib. I would say the garlic mashed potatoes were a little bland. I was so impressed with the waiter, Steve- he was very knowledgeable and he took time to read my reason for coming and brought him a delicious piece of key lime pie for his birthday! Def. recommend this place!!
- Good but not greatFoodie4lifeDined on 9/6/2014The experience at Harry Caray's was okay. We were seated at the back of the restaraunt - the table wasn't bad except there was little lighting in the area so our table was dark. We needed to use the flashlight from our phones to read the menu. The NY strip was a very good steak but the pasta was mediocre. We did have good service but overall dinner was an expensive disappointment.