66 State Circle
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.harrybrownes.com/
- Phone: 4102634332
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am-3:00pm Sunday Brunch: 10:00am-3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30-10:00pm, Saturday: 5:30-11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: James Turner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Elegant and distinctive dining and catering since 1979. Private rooms include The Gallery, The Capital View Room, The Grill Room and The Wine Cellar. Specializing in events and meetings for groups of 10-100. Also, The Gallery and/or The Capital View Room can be combined with the Bar & Lounge area on the second floor.
- Private Party Facilities: Special menus available for large parties. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Leanne Murray 4102634332
- Entertainment: Tuesdays, 8:30-Midnight, Irish folksinger and humorist Seamus Kennedy (Bar & Lounge non-smoking Tuesday nights) See Harry Browne's website for schedule, www.harrybrownes.com
- Special Events: In addition to seasonal wine tastings in conjunction with our Wine Cellar Club, we regularly provide breakfast, lunch and dinner meetings as well as cocktail receptions, buffets and formal seated catered events (on and off premise). Typical groups include local and Fortune 500 businesss, VIP's, legislative events, Naval Academy groups and rehearsal dinners.
A word from Harry Browne's
Rusty Romo, your host, invites you to experience truly fine dining in historic Annapolis, renowned since colonial times for its southern hospitality. Innovative cuisine featuring traditional Chesapeake fare, American, fusion and an exciting variety of seasonal items and regional specialties await you. Critically acclaimed since 1979 and overlooking the beautiful Maryland State House, we also offer elegant and distinctive catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Harry Browne's - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Harry Browne's reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (92)special occasion (92)neighborhood gem (85)fit for foodies (72)notable wine list (50)great for brunch (40)great for outdoor dining (34)scenic view (31)great for lunch (29)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)Show More
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014We were visiting Annapolis and booked through Open Table. Ambience was perfect with window seat and view of the capitol. Excellent French Martini, one of the best I've had in a long time. Entrees were all delicious--mahi, cod, filet with crab and steak au poivre. Excellent waiter and service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Hard to complainpeterDined on 10/17/2014Started with a properly made martini followed by succulent crab chowder. Friend had cooked perfectly lamb chops that were delicious while I had crab cakes. They were very good though not the best I've had (one can be very choosy on the Chesapeake). Nice wine list without the ripoff prices seen so often these days. Service was excellent: there when needed but not overly attentive. Most enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014The blackened Mahi Mahi was excellent, the steak just ok. Bibb salad and poached pear salad highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCubbyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Vodka martini was half vermouth, poached pear salad too bitter, shrimp tasted off, expresso over strong and bitter. Actually didn't like any of the food or drink.
- Great for a special occasionbigbirthdaybashDined on 10/11/2014I set up a reservation for my boyfriend's birthday dinner. The service was impeccable, food was delicious and the ambiance was perfect. We were seated at a window table with a view of the state capital. There was a single rose on the table which was covered with crisp white linens. Classical music was playing in the background. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about both the food and wine. He was attentive but not intrusive. We enjoyed Choptank oysters, cream of crab soup and two seafood entrees finishing with a warm chocolate mousse. Yummy! It was the best dining experience we've had in a long while.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014Great Restaurant - I will make this a "destination" for dinner. I was as the sailboat show this past weekend and my boyfriend and I had a fantastic dinner.Special Features:
- Nice Annapolis experienceTablehopperVIPDined on 10/10/2014Four of us dined here after eating lunch here the day before. Service was efficient and wine recommendation appropriate. The poached pear salad was nicely prepared. The duck over cassoulet was devoured, and quail rated "very good," if heavy on the bread pudding stuffing. Cod was nicely done without being remarkable in any way. Filet encrusted with crab was a filet mignon with a mini crabcake on top. Overall, the restaurant has a warm, Continental ambiance, with a beautiful view of the capitol if you are outside or near the window. Nothing was outstanding, but everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annapolis with a ViewmarieVIPDined on 10/7/2014Great restaurant with wonderful staff and delicious food. My favorite restaurant in the city. You get wonderful food that is presented on the plat, wonderful service with a smile, and a lovely building on the circle that overlooks the Capital. I have had just about every thing on the menu and you could not go wrong no matter what you ordered.Special Features:
- wonderful experienceGregDined on 10/6/2014We've been to Harry Browne's several times, and I think this was the best yet. We started with a nice merlot and the poutine appetizer; whatever they put in that sauce was absolutely delicious. My wife had the cod, which she enjoyed very much. I had the shrimp and scallops with risotto, which was one of the best meals I've ever had, anywhere, anytime. Even my French vanilla latte, and I rarely get a latte anywhere, was delicious. Our server was polite, informative, and personable, exactly what we like. This will continue to be one of our go to places in town for special occasions.Special Features:
- New favorite in Annapolisgmanlr3Dined on 10/5/2014My wife and I stumbled across this place and were completely taken by it. The atmosphere and quality of the food was fantastic! Also, they have a GREAT bar upstairs with TVs playing whatever game is on. So...if you're like me, you have a great meal and win brownie points with the wife, then sneak upstairs to watch a few minutes of the Ravens game! Win win all around.Special Features:
- Great restaurantdanzeDined on 10/5/2014I had never heard of Harry Browne's as I seldom travel to Annapolis, but it was worth the trip. We had a nice table for the seven of us and the food was delicious. We will definitely go back for another brunch and will keep the restaurant in mind next time we go to Annapolis for other meals.Special Features:
- not the service of fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Service was horrible. I had to ask for a refill on water 4 times, and that was my only drink. It felt like the server was never there and the hostess just stood around when work was evident top be done.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014Tuna starter was delicious, but the blackened mahi-mahi was overcooked.
- A Great PlacetuffVIPDined on 10/1/2014We could not have had a better experience. Everyone on the staff was great from the greeter to the wait staff. The menu was varied and innovative, and there was a willingness (and desire) to make adjustments to meet individual needs. There is also a strong awareness of and responsiveness to gluten free needs. The food was prepared to specifications and was amazingly good. The waiter and his associate were extremely attentive yet not intrusive. The prices are quite reasonable for the quality of the food. It is about a good a restaurant as we have found in this region and comparable to some of the best restaurants in New York City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014They have the best brunch in town. Also their happy hour is awesome too. Delicious food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely WonderfulJP2011Dined on 9/23/2014We were very pleasantly surprised. Having visited many of the other "nicer" establishments around Annapolis we have been invariably disappointed in some aspect of the dining experience, food quality, service, etc. Not here! Harry Browne's was wonderful - the atmosphere was lovely and relaxing (gorgeous lighting was provided by salvaged globes from a historic cruise ship), our server was friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt, and the food...was spectacular. Despite having just switched to the new seasonal menu, the kitchen staff executed flawlessly. Our seafood dishes were cooked perfectly, and the well-chosen sides almost stole the show! We highly recommend this restaurant to any looking for a special evening in the Annapolis area.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSalsad8VIPDined on 9/21/2014Harry Browne's is a really great place featuring excellent food at a good price, top shelf service in a nice atmosphere. We will definitely return againSpecial Features:
- Great overall experience.Oldwizard74Dined on 9/21/2014Great location, great ambiance, great food, great service. Had her in tears. Very accepting of Groupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Pleased!vjdantoneVIPDined on 9/19/2014It's been a few years since we've been to Harry Browne's because our last experience was not the best. We've heard that they have a new chef and we found a great coupon deal and decided to give it a try. We were VERY pleasantly pleased at the quality of the food and the friendliness of the service. The entrees were somewhat ambitious but wonderful, however, the chocolate soufflé dessert was not the best - the home made ice cream was its salvation. All in all, a wonderful evening out and return visit will be on the schedule!Special Features:
- We will ReturnniniVIPDined on 9/19/2014Visited Harry Browne's using a Groupon. Food and service was great. The only downfall was the outdoor dining. It's a very narrow street and seating for dining was very close. You were literally having dinner with the strangers sitting next to you. On top of that, the two ladies next to me had two HUGE dogs! One dog's tail kept swishing our table. I love dogs, but not with my dinner. After about 5 minutes, we asked to be moved inside, where we were more comfortable. All in all, a great date night! We will return!Special Features:
- Great Experience!FoodLover831Dined on 9/15/2014Everything from the service, drinks, food, and the timing of everything coming out was great. I would definitely recommend Harry Browne's and I will be going back when I have a special occasion.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewsmarieVIPDined on 9/15/2014You can never go wrong at Harry's. We ate outside overlooking the Capital at night. What a beautiful way to dine. The food and service is always to perfection. You are never rushed and can actually sit back and enjoy a quality meal be it fish, meat or fowl or veg. I highly recommend this restaurant every time I eat here. It is truly a pleasure dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Anniversarystr8updaveDined on 9/10/2014We celebrated our first wedding anniversary dinner at Harry Brownes. It was actually our first time at the restaurant as well and it certainly didn't disappoint. Our waiter, Jen, was amazing. We felt very welcomed, comfortable and spoiled from the second we sat down. Our food was prepared perfectly. The mussels were tender and plump, the calamari was cooked just right. The fresh baked bread was delicious and moist. I had a delicious strawberry/pistachio salad and my partner had fried green tomato salad with mozzarella. Both excellent. Main courses of crab cakes with mustard sauce and baby lamb chops were both just great! The chocolate soufflé and homemade cinnamon ice cream was superb! It just doesn't get any better than this!Special Features:
- Perfect - Definitely RecommendJennySSMatthewsDined on 9/6/2014It felt like we were in a 1920's Speak Easy and that we were the only important people in the restaurant. We obviously weren't, it just felt that way! The service was way above par, the food was solid (dessert was crazy good!!!), and the wine list awesome. Our server, Dan, even brought us Barboursville Viongier at lightening speed when we mentioned we saw no Viongier on the menu! And the atmosphere was very warm and welcoming. It felt like we belonged there, like regulars would, and that we had been there before. Highly recommend. Delicious and fun!Special Features:
- Great LunchLivetoeatDined on 8/28/2014Had never been here and would definitely go back. Wanted a sit down lunch in a nice ambience and got that and more. Food options were numerous and all sounded great, but as we are light lunchers we opted for the soup and sandwich selection. We were not disappointed - everything was delicious. The $5 glasses of wine (lunch special) were a nice surprise and very good at that! Service was perfect - Elizabeth made our day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodMarylanddinerDined on 8/24/2014We chose to try Harry Browne's due to a great Groupon deal. The prices are way beyond our budget, so otherwise we would have not considered. We had a great time celebrating a birthday, with delicious food and were lucky enough to have a table by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bruncheatoutoftenDined on 8/24/2014This was our 1st time at this restaurant. It was a gorgeous day for August. We sat outside and just enjoyed it while leisurely having brunch. It's the way life is meant to be lived. Good friends, good food, good day!!Special Features:
- never disappointing!!!MarylandTableDined on 8/21/2014Harry Browne's is always a lovely, yummy, fun place to dine . . .it has a friendly yet intimate atmosphere . . .excellent for any occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time for dinner...KPReatsVIPDined on 8/14/2014My wife had the calamari appetizer and I had the mussels. Both were excellent. They make their own fries, and they were perfect. For our entrees, I had the shrimp and grits and my wife had the black cod. Mine was OK, nothing spectacular, but my wife really liked her dish. While everything was OK, this is not a restaurant that I would rush back to. There aren't enough items on the menu that sound that good to me, and I think the price point is a bit high for what is being put on the plate. But with their location, they are charging what the market will bear, and there is nothing wrong with that. Larry, our server, was very nice and entertaining. Parking can be a bit of a chore, so plan ahead.
- Forget itFRWHDined on 8/13/2014Poor service, took forever to eat, two hours. And to top things off, at the end of a disappointing night, the waitress spilled my wife’s glass of wine all over the table, my wife and myself. Food was very plain with no taste. And what’s with all the green clover ALL OVER EVERYTHING, EVERY DISH? Two people, $150, my birthday, very disappointing. Couldn’t help noticing the Chef’s who kept coming out of the kitchen and to the bar (right next to out table) and helping themselves to a drink. And not just once. Maybe that’s the reason?
- an Annapolis stapleStephyDDined on 8/10/2014I've been to Harry Browne's a number of times, and was so glad to find Groupon deals for it which I jumped on for both brunch & dinner 50% off. Delicious food, great service for the most part, and situated in a very central/great part of downtown Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but pleasantRed2488Dined on 8/7/2014Great place for special occasions. Every staff member we interacted with was friendly and polite. The menu was a tad pricey, but that's somewhat to be expected. Service was usually prompt, and the food was extremely good. Not in love with the consistency of the creme brulee, but the flavor was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choicelovetoeatoutDined on 8/6/2014Spent our 42nd anniversary having dinner here at one of the romantic tables in the back. Our server, Dan, was knowledgeable about the menu and steered us to some wonderful choices. Make sure you try the calamari with pico di gallo. It was delicious and the fried green tomato salad was warm and cold at the same time. The rack of lamb here is always our favorite. And what better way to celebrate than to end with the warm chocolate souffle topped with homemade cappuccino ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulbinderzDined on 8/5/2014We went to Harry Browne's for lunch. The decor was wonderful and the sound level was perfect for a quiet lunch with my husband. I especially appreciate that there were no televisions or loud music to compete with.Special Features:
- BowieBillVIPDined on 8/3/2014Harry Browne's is the best high end restaurant in Annapolis! The Sunday brunch there is fabulous. Highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great brunchFoodie0211Dined on 8/3/2014A wonderful place to gather with friends; lovely atmosphere, excellent service, ample (if slightly unimaginative) brunch buffet. Desserts could have been more interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's is Best in AnnapolismarieVIPDined on 8/3/2014We decided to try to brunch out at Harry Brown's and we were not disappointed. It had everything you could probably want for brunch. The buffet is reasonable or you could order off menu. They served the usual shrimp, salmon, roast beef, salad, toast w/sos, bacon, suasage, salad, fresh fruit, made to order omelets and waffles all with a mimosa or wine. Also unique is a bloody mary bar. The food was delicious and the atmosphere of Harry's is always romantic and gracious. Give it a try it is worth it.Special Features:
- Second Visit Just as GreataussievaDined on 8/2/2014We visited Harry Browne's again on our second visit to Annapolis and it didn't disappoint. Service is great. We started at the lounge upstairs - GO! Very friendly and fun staff (we had visited previous afternoon). Great cocktails. We went downstairs to dinner and started off with appetizers. Husband had charcuterie plate - pastrami smoked salmon,which he loved. I had the garlic shrimp - reminded me of the great garlic prawns we know in Sydney. Yummy. Mains were rack of lamb - huge serving but husband managed to get through it. Very tender and not overcooked. I had the seafood red curry, which was fantastic (it is NOT an Indian curry by no means). Mild sauce with tender fish. Harry Browne's is always a must for us!!Special Features:
- dining4serviceDined on 7/27/2014Great brunch experience! Good food(brunch buffet) and good service. Love the location!Special Features:
- Last night in AnnapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We always save our last night $$$$ dinner when on vacation and Harry Brown's was our choice. The upstairs Bar was dark and very cool, big parties going on and you would never know it downstairs. Service was timely and no rush- Loved it. The menu was well done and nice variety all the was though. We would love to return on our next trip . Only complaint- Terrible cappuccinoSpecial Features: