66 State Circle
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.harrybrownes.com/
- Phone: 4102634332
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am-3:00pm Sunday Brunch: 10:00am-3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30-10:00pm, Saturday: 5:30-11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: James Turner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Elegant and distinctive dining and catering since 1979. Private rooms include The Gallery, The Capital View Room, The Grill Room and The Wine Cellar. Specializing in events and meetings for groups of 10-100. Also, The Gallery and/or The Capital View Room can be combined with the Bar & Lounge area on the second floor.
- Private Party Facilities: Special menus available for large parties. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Leanne Murray 4102634332
- Entertainment: Tuesdays, 8:30-Midnight, Irish folksinger and humorist Seamus Kennedy (Bar & Lounge non-smoking Tuesday nights) See Harry Browne's website for schedule, www.harrybrownes.com
- Special Events: In addition to seasonal wine tastings in conjunction with our Wine Cellar Club, we regularly provide breakfast, lunch and dinner meetings as well as cocktail receptions, buffets and formal seated catered events (on and off premise). Typical groups include local and Fortune 500 businesss, VIP's, legislative events, Naval Academy groups and rehearsal dinners.
A word from Harry Browne's
Rusty Romo, your host, invites you to experience truly fine dining in historic Annapolis, renowned since colonial times for its southern hospitality. Innovative cuisine featuring traditional Chesapeake fare, American, fusion and an exciting variety of seasonal items and regional specialties await you. Critically acclaimed since 1979 and overlooking the beautiful Maryland State House, we also offer elegant and distinctive catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Harry Browne's - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Harry Browne's reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (65)neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (46)great for brunch (40)notable wine list (38)great for outdoor dining (33)great for lunch (27)scenic view (21)good for groups (13)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We chose to try Harry Browne's due to a great Groupon deal. The prices are way beyond our budget, so otherwise we would have not considered. We had a great time celebrating a birthday, with delicious food and were lucky enough to have a table by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014This was our 1st time at this restaurant. It was a gorgeous day for August. We sat outside and just enjoyed it while leisurely having brunch. It's the way life is meant to be lived. Good friends, good food, good day!!Special Features:
- never disappointing!!!MarylandTableDined on 8/21/2014Harry Browne's is always a lovely, yummy, fun place to dine . . .it has a friendly yet intimate atmosphere . . .excellent for any occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time for dinner...KPReatsVIPDined on 8/14/2014My wife had the calamari appetizer and I had the mussels. Both were excellent. They make their own fries, and they were perfect. For our entrees, I had the shrimp and grits and my wife had the black cod. Mine was OK, nothing spectacular, but my wife really liked her dish. While everything was OK, this is not a restaurant that I would rush back to. There aren't enough items on the menu that sound that good to me, and I think the price point is a bit high for what is being put on the plate. But with their location, they are charging what the market will bear, and there is nothing wrong with that. Larry, our server, was very nice and entertaining. Parking can be a bit of a chore, so plan ahead.
- Forget itFRWHDined on 8/13/2014Poor service, took forever to eat, two hours. And to top things off, at the end of a disappointing night, the waitress spilled my wife’s glass of wine all over the table, my wife and myself. Food was very plain with no taste. And what’s with all the green clover ALL OVER EVERYTHING, EVERY DISH? Two people, $150, my birthday, very disappointing. Couldn’t help noticing the Chef’s who kept coming out of the kitchen and to the bar (right next to out table) and helping themselves to a drink. And not just once. Maybe that’s the reason?
- an Annapolis stapleStephyDDined on 8/10/2014I've been to Harry Browne's a number of times, and was so glad to find Groupon deals for it which I jumped on for both brunch & dinner 50% off. Delicious food, great service for the most part, and situated in a very central/great part of downtown Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but pleasantRed2488Dined on 8/7/2014Great place for special occasions. Every staff member we interacted with was friendly and polite. The menu was a tad pricey, but that's somewhat to be expected. Service was usually prompt, and the food was extremely good. Not in love with the consistency of the creme brulee, but the flavor was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choicelovetoeatoutDined on 8/6/2014Spent our 42nd anniversary having dinner here at one of the romantic tables in the back. Our server, Dan, was knowledgeable about the menu and steered us to some wonderful choices. Make sure you try the calamari with pico di gallo. It was delicious and the fried green tomato salad was warm and cold at the same time. The rack of lamb here is always our favorite. And what better way to celebrate than to end with the warm chocolate souffle topped with homemade cappuccino ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulbinderzDined on 8/5/2014We went to Harry Browne's for lunch. The decor was wonderful and the sound level was perfect for a quiet lunch with my husband. I especially appreciate that there were no televisions or loud music to compete with.Special Features:
- BowieBillVIPDined on 8/3/2014Harry Browne's is the best high end restaurant in Annapolis! The Sunday brunch there is fabulous. Highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great brunchFoodie0211Dined on 8/3/2014A wonderful place to gather with friends; lovely atmosphere, excellent service, ample (if slightly unimaginative) brunch buffet. Desserts could have been more interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's is Best in AnnapolismarieVIPDined on 8/3/2014We decided to try to brunch out at Harry Brown's and we were not disappointed. It had everything you could probably want for brunch. The buffet is reasonable or you could order off menu. They served the usual shrimp, salmon, roast beef, salad, toast w/sos, bacon, suasage, salad, fresh fruit, made to order omelets and waffles all with a mimosa or wine. Also unique is a bloody mary bar. The food was delicious and the atmosphere of Harry's is always romantic and gracious. Give it a try it is worth it.Special Features:
- Second Visit Just as GreataussievaDined on 8/2/2014We visited Harry Browne's again on our second visit to Annapolis and it didn't disappoint. Service is great. We started at the lounge upstairs - GO! Very friendly and fun staff (we had visited previous afternoon). Great cocktails. We went downstairs to dinner and started off with appetizers. Husband had charcuterie plate - pastrami smoked salmon,which he loved. I had the garlic shrimp - reminded me of the great garlic prawns we know in Sydney. Yummy. Mains were rack of lamb - huge serving but husband managed to get through it. Very tender and not overcooked. I had the seafood red curry, which was fantastic (it is NOT an Indian curry by no means). Mild sauce with tender fish. Harry Browne's is always a must for us!!Special Features:
- dining4serviceDined on 7/27/2014Great brunch experience! Good food(brunch buffet) and good service. Love the location!Special Features:
- Last night in AnnapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We always save our last night $$$$ dinner when on vacation and Harry Brown's was our choice. The upstairs Bar was dark and very cool, big parties going on and you would never know it downstairs. Service was timely and no rush- Loved it. The menu was well done and nice variety all the was though. We would love to return on our next trip . Only complaint- Terrible cappuccinoSpecial Features:
- Wedding party??????EAFLDined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent. We originally planned to eat downstairs but ultimately ate upstairs in the bar/pub area. This was our choice and we were accommodated without a hitch. The dilemma came when our waiter came mid meal to tell us that a wedding party had booked the room we were in and if we wanted dessert we would need to move into the bar room. We were ok w/ that until the wedding party arrived as the last person in our group was finishing her food. We got up & moved but there were no seats in the bar area to move to so there we were drinks in hand (this happened to another couple too), no place to sit left w/ a feeling of you don't matter. The wedding party was great, I didn't like being a wedding crasher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very pleasedJBlackDined on 7/26/2014Had a great experience with Harry Browne's this weekend. I had to change my reservation due to traffic and they were very accommodating to my change request on such short notice. The service was first rate, our server was very professional and helpful yet not overbearing. All of our food was excellent and the wine was perfect. The experience was a great way to start off our evening of fun in Annapolis. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and food were goodalwayshungryDined on 7/26/2014There were several items of interest on the menu. I had a pannini with turkey and roasted red peppers that was delicious, my friend got the ham & brie on sourdough that also looked good. The service was good and I would definitely go again but next time I would like to try the outdoor dining. Also, I don't usually eat french fries but these were so good I couldn't resist!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/25/2014We've eaten at Harry Browne's numerous times over the years and it's food and service are always excellent. Dishes are made with the freshest ingredients and sauces, which separate the good chefs from the outstanding ones, are complex, well thought out, and enhance the flavor of the meat or fish. The lemon sorbet palate cleanser in between courses is a nice, refreshing touch, and desserts all made in-house are delicious.Special Features:
- Elegant diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014My husband and I had a kid-free night so we went to dinner at Harry Browne's - food was excellent and it was nice to enjoy our dinner in a quiet "fine dining" establishment.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch like no otherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Harry Browne's is the a wonderful setting anytime and the food is always great but the brunch is unsurpassed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the brunchsomdfoodDined on 7/20/2014The foo is great and brunch offers a variety of excellent choices. Another important aspect is that the service is always excellent. The decor is elegant without being fussy.Special Features:
- Very Nice Impromptu DinnerVanntasticVIPDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I were on our way back to DE from DC. We decided to stop off in Annapolis for dinner. I searched the internet and was able to get a 5:30 reservation here. Dinner was great. I really enjoyed my black cod and my husband's steak was cooked perfectly. We enjoyed our martinis and they had a good wine list.Special Features:
- Great brunch find.IcemanVIPDined on 7/13/2014Been to Harry Browne's for dinner before, always great, but never for brunch. Like dinner there, brunch was great. Food, service and atmosphere all excellent. Relaxed and not rushed, a perfect start to a Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Larry our server was terrific. We will definitely return. Bloodys were amazing.Special Features:
- MooseVIPDined on 7/10/2014Gourmet food at it's best! The restaurant staff are excellent at making your dining experience there memorable. The restaurant decor is lovely and everything is polished and spotless right down to huge, beautiful mirrors on the walls. Not a streak on them! Cleanliness is a big factor as to whether I return to a restaurant. I will highly recommend Harry Brown's to anyone who will listen!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placePaulBMcLeanVIPDined on 7/9/2014Harry Browne's is an all time favorite. Relatively small and cozy, friendly, slightly formal but decidedly unpretentious and friendly. That staff is amazingly friendly and welcoming and service is exceptional. Then there is the food which is top notch and presented as well as anywhere. I'm a HUGE fan of this restaurant and highly recommend it - definitely one of my top ten restaurants and along the lines of Rules on Maiden Lane in London but smaller and more seafood than game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Summer Evening MealWaltandJLGDined on 7/6/2014We booked Harry Browne's based on Trip Advisor. It had such lovely ambience-a critical aspect of fine dining for us. We had a great waiter who suggested The Spur wine which was wonderful. Our hostess suggested we taste The Whip (white wine complement to The Spur) which she served us as complimentary. A memorable summer evening in Annapolis that couldn't have been more romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchSue8888Dined on 7/6/2014My husband and I have found this place is the best place for a champaign brunch in Annapolis!Special Features:
- Great Experience at Harry Browne'sPickyEaterDined on 7/5/2014A short walk from downtown Annapolis and a warm greeting made this place amazing from the beginning. Great martini's and a fantastic wine list complimented the great dinner entrees of seared scallops and crab crusted filet mignon. I will definitely return very soon.Special Features:
- Annapolis favoriteireneVIPDined on 7/3/2014Beautiful dining room for fine dining, but should also note a more casual bar scene on 2nd floor - take your pick! Recommend reservations for dining room and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist trapnashtnguyDined on 7/3/2014The food is extraordinarily overpriced given the quality which is almost to be expected from what is a highly visible picturesque restaurant across the street from America's oldest state capital. The arugula salad with watermelon consisted of older tough arugula and not so ripe watermelon (this is July; watermelon is in season!). The crabcakes were good, but not worth $34 for the two small crabcakes with shriveled overlooked fingerling potatoes. The coconut trace leches cake was quite nice and worth $8. The signature white wine which was ménage of grape varietals and priced at $12 a glass was disgustingly sweet. Jason, my server, provided absolutely superb service yet for $100 with tip for one person, I would've enjoyed fast food better.Special Features:
- quaintpandy445Dined on 6/29/2014A very cute spot in old town Annapolis, directly across from the State Building. Great place to take a stroll after dinner. The folk here are super nice. The lamp lollipops are cooked perfectly, shrimp and grits very good. Homemade ice cream wonderful.Special Features:
- Great for Outdoor DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/28/2014Nice quiet area to sit outside on a beautiful evening with a view of the Capitol.Special Features:
- Good for LunchDsakpaDined on 6/28/2014The lunch was very good and the prices are reasonable. Nice menu selection.Special Features:
- A foodies delightfoodiesdelightDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I went to Harry Browne's for our 24 the anniversary. Everything from food to service was fabulous. Defiantly coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJayCeeVIPDined on 6/24/2014We were celebrating our 30th anniversary and decided to spend a couple of days in Annapolis. We were so glad to find Harry Browns. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablerestaurantluverDined on 6/22/2014Went here with girl friends using s living social deal. Everything was excellent from the food to the service. Our waiter was excellent. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificGrendelDined on 6/21/2014Loved the atmosphere, the nicely inventive menu and the excellent food. Your chef takes smart risks and everything was lovely. I really liked the affordability of the wines by the glass. Your staff is well trained and we will tell anyone interested in Annapolis that Harry Browne's is a must visit.Special Features:
- Good food, served too slowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Had a party of six, with a reservation for 6 pm. Arrived on time and ordered entrees a little before 6:30 pm. Didn't get entrees served until 7:10 pm and had to rush to get to our 8 pm show at the Ram's Head Tavern.