66 State Circle
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.harrybrownes.com/
- Phone: (410) 263-4332
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am-3:00pm Sunday Brunch: 10:00am-3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30-10:00pm, Saturday: 5:30-11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: James Turner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Elegant and distinctive dining and catering since 1979. Private rooms include The Gallery, The Capital View Room, The Grill Room and The Wine Cellar. Specializing in events and meetings for groups of 10-100. Also, The Gallery and/or The Capital View Room can be combined with the Bar & Lounge area on the second floor.
- Private Party Facilities: Special menus available for large parties. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Leanne Murray 4102634332
- Entertainment: Tuesdays, 8:30-Midnight, Irish folksinger and humorist Seamus Kennedy (Bar & Lounge non-smoking Tuesday nights) See Harry Browne's website for schedule, www.harrybrownes.com
- Special Events: In addition to seasonal wine tastings in conjunction with our Wine Cellar Club, we regularly provide breakfast, lunch and dinner meetings as well as cocktail receptions, buffets and formal seated catered events (on and off premise). Typical groups include local and Fortune 500 businesss, VIP's, legislative events, Naval Academy groups and rehearsal dinners.
A word from Harry Browne's
Rusty Romo, your host, invites you to experience truly fine dining in historic Annapolis, renowned since colonial times for its southern hospitality. Innovative cuisine featuring traditional Chesapeake fare, American, fusion and an exciting variety of seasonal items and regional specialties await you. Critically acclaimed since 1979 and overlooking the beautiful Maryland State House, we also offer elegant and distinctive catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Harry Browne's - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Harry Browne's reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (86)special occasion (86)neighborhood gem (77)fit for foodies (65)notable wine list (42)great for brunch (35)scenic view (27)great for lunch (27)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)Show More
- Continues to be my favorite nook in Annapolis.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/26/2014Consistently delicious and welcoming. Great service and crab dip that lingers on your taste buds for days. The charming spot epitomizes the best of Annapolis - history, sophistication, and hospitality. My "go to" spot for any occasion. Late night bourbon tasting upstairs and $5 lunch wine with white table cloths. Wonderful, unique lunch menu with panini, soups, pastas and salads (ahi tuna, yeah).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening spotPaulDined on 11/23/2014This destination restaurant did not disappoint. Started off splitting a Caesar's Salad with my date. Sorbet provided in between courses to help clear the palette. The specials were excellent choices and typical of an Annapolis restaurant (rockfish, crab, etc.). Rockfish and blackened Mahi Mahi were wonderful. Intimate setting, service was perfect. Wine suggestion made by the waitress complemented our dinner selections was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2014Great foiod and ambience. A great example of traditional Amnapolis. Excelkent selection of seafood entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner find in AnnapolisBillyboyDined on 11/14/2014Great place in the shadow of the Maryland State Capital. We got ther very late from a basketball game that ran over time. The staff was wonderful and never rushed us. The food was great. Real Maryland crab cakes. The bar scene is upstairs. The quiter restaurant downstairs. Good place for dinner and wine with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant Surprise!JoJoDined on 11/14/2014We live in Old Town Alexandria and had not been to Annapolis for a few years, but came for a Michigan State Game at the Academy. We asked a friend who lives near the Academy and Harry Browne's was her recommendation. We took two relatives from out of state who are very particular and were so delighted that all four of us loved the entire experience! Our waiter was part of the exemplary experience - he was simply terrific. Food wise, we had the cream of crab soup, pear salad, crab cakes, and shrimp & scallops dishes. The mushroom risotto served with one of the dishes was over the top great. Everything was! We'll definitely return and highly recommend it for others. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry Brown'sVinceDined on 11/11/2014An Annapolis icon, and their reputation is well-deserved. A great restaurant, with great food and very friendly staff. But not for casual dining, as the prices are high (though worth it).Special Features:
- Nice placeMarkDined on 11/10/2014This was a recommended place to eat. But being from New York I have seen better but this was nice. Food was good and service was OK. Could have been a little bit faster. Yes I would eat here again if I am in Annapolis.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantCatieloveditDined on 11/9/2014Couldn't get much better. Excellent food, and service. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch is Blah!BelleDined on 11/9/2014Disappointed with the food, service and overall quality! Presentation was great but lacking in taste and lack of selection.Special Features:
- Tasty food in a elegant setting.ZeeeeM301Dined on 11/9/2014Brunch was great! Everyone in my party (6) loved the bacon, potatoes and waffles. I enjoyed my omelette it was fluffy and tasty. The Bloody Mary bar was a learning experience that I enjoyed. It was surprising to learn that only 1 alcoholic beverage was included in the $22 brunch. The room is tight and with 3 men at the table it was quite difficult for them to get comfortable. It's just right for 2 people. The restaurant was filled to capacity so it was hard to get about. I'm guessing it's because of the delicious food. I would go back for a romantic dinner but not for socializing with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, mediocre foodjt123VIPDined on 11/8/2014The location and restaurant are great but I think they are resting on their laurels as the food was very mediocre.
- Local gemDivadinerDined on 11/6/2014Perfect spot for a pre theater dinner! Six of us enjoyed the cozy atmosphere on a cool, rainy fall evening prior to seeing a local production around the corner. Our meals were all fabulous: steaks, seafood, wine and yummy deserts. Our server was attentive and knowledgable. I would highly recommend Harry Brownes for a memorable evening on State Circle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic by the CapitolSavery422Dined on 11/5/2014This classic restaurant is across from the Maryland State Capitol. It is off the beaten path for tourists who never stray from the harbor area. It can be crowded when the legislature is in session. The food is quite good, the service has always been excellent when we have gone. It is pricier than other local options. If you have time, make a later reservation and enjoy the upstairs bar first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Serviceboomer49VIPDined on 11/1/2014Waiter was great but the food was just o.k. Nothing special for the prices.
- MarylandTableMarylandTableDined on 10/31/2014Another lovely evening at Harry Browne's - never a disappointment - always relaxing, quiet, and personal with an amazing and delicious menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!FrecklefaceDined on 10/28/2014This was our third visit to Harry Browne's and it won't be our last.Special Features:
- Great choiceFiamma11Dined on 10/27/2014Had lunch with girlfriends. Food was very good. Notice level was so we could easily visit and talk. Beautiful restaurant in terrific area. Outstanding service.Special Features:
- MVEndlessSummerDined on 10/19/2014Great last minute find. Great place filled with historic ambiance and excellent food to match. We saw the second floor bar (Closed for Brunch when we were there. Bar hours were dinner and late evening), which we plan to hang out at for our next trip to Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itMichDined on 10/18/2014We were visiting Annapolis and booked through Open Table. Ambience was perfect with window seat and view of the capitol. Excellent French Martini, one of the best I've had in a long time. Entrees were all delicious--mahi, cod, filet with crab and steak au poivre. Excellent waiter and service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Hard to complainpeterDined on 10/17/2014Started with a properly made martini followed by succulent crab chowder. Friend had cooked perfectly lamb chops that were delicious while I had crab cakes. They were very good though not the best I've had (one can be very choosy on the Chesapeake). Nice wine list without the ripoff prices seen so often these days. Service was excellent: there when needed but not overly attentive. Most enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014The blackened Mahi Mahi was excellent, the steak just ok. Bibb salad and poached pear salad highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCubbyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Vodka martini was half vermouth, poached pear salad too bitter, shrimp tasted off, expresso over strong and bitter. Actually didn't like any of the food or drink.
- Great for a special occasionbigbirthdaybashDined on 10/11/2014I set up a reservation for my boyfriend's birthday dinner. The service was impeccable, food was delicious and the ambiance was perfect. We were seated at a window table with a view of the state capital. There was a single rose on the table which was covered with crisp white linens. Classical music was playing in the background. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about both the food and wine. He was attentive but not intrusive. We enjoyed Choptank oysters, cream of crab soup and two seafood entrees finishing with a warm chocolate mousse. Yummy! It was the best dining experience we've had in a long while.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014Great Restaurant - I will make this a "destination" for dinner. I was as the sailboat show this past weekend and my boyfriend and I had a fantastic dinner.Special Features:
- Nice Annapolis experienceTablehopperVIPDined on 10/10/2014Four of us dined here after eating lunch here the day before. Service was efficient and wine recommendation appropriate. The poached pear salad was nicely prepared. The duck over cassoulet was devoured, and quail rated "very good," if heavy on the bread pudding stuffing. Cod was nicely done without being remarkable in any way. Filet encrusted with crab was a filet mignon with a mini crabcake on top. Overall, the restaurant has a warm, Continental ambiance, with a beautiful view of the capitol if you are outside or near the window. Nothing was outstanding, but everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annapolis with a ViewmarieVIPDined on 10/7/2014Great restaurant with wonderful staff and delicious food. My favorite restaurant in the city. You get wonderful food that is presented on the plat, wonderful service with a smile, and a lovely building on the circle that overlooks the Capital. I have had just about every thing on the menu and you could not go wrong no matter what you ordered.Special Features:
- wonderful experienceGregDined on 10/6/2014We've been to Harry Browne's several times, and I think this was the best yet. We started with a nice merlot and the poutine appetizer; whatever they put in that sauce was absolutely delicious. My wife had the cod, which she enjoyed very much. I had the shrimp and scallops with risotto, which was one of the best meals I've ever had, anywhere, anytime. Even my French vanilla latte, and I rarely get a latte anywhere, was delicious. Our server was polite, informative, and personable, exactly what we like. This will continue to be one of our go to places in town for special occasions.Special Features:
- New favorite in Annapolisgmanlr3Dined on 10/5/2014My wife and I stumbled across this place and were completely taken by it. The atmosphere and quality of the food was fantastic! Also, they have a GREAT bar upstairs with TVs playing whatever game is on. So...if you're like me, you have a great meal and win brownie points with the wife, then sneak upstairs to watch a few minutes of the Ravens game! Win win all around.Special Features:
- Great restaurantdanzeDined on 10/5/2014I had never heard of Harry Browne's as I seldom travel to Annapolis, but it was worth the trip. We had a nice table for the seven of us and the food was delicious. We will definitely go back for another brunch and will keep the restaurant in mind next time we go to Annapolis for other meals.Special Features:
- not the service of fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Service was horrible. I had to ask for a refill on water 4 times, and that was my only drink. It felt like the server was never there and the hostess just stood around when work was evident top be done.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014Tuna starter was delicious, but the blackened mahi-mahi was overcooked.
- A Great PlacetuffVIPDined on 10/1/2014We could not have had a better experience. Everyone on the staff was great from the greeter to the wait staff. The menu was varied and innovative, and there was a willingness (and desire) to make adjustments to meet individual needs. There is also a strong awareness of and responsiveness to gluten free needs. The food was prepared to specifications and was amazingly good. The waiter and his associate were extremely attentive yet not intrusive. The prices are quite reasonable for the quality of the food. It is about a good a restaurant as we have found in this region and comparable to some of the best restaurants in New York City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014They have the best brunch in town. Also their happy hour is awesome too. Delicious food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely WonderfulJP2011Dined on 9/23/2014We were very pleasantly surprised. Having visited many of the other "nicer" establishments around Annapolis we have been invariably disappointed in some aspect of the dining experience, food quality, service, etc. Not here! Harry Browne's was wonderful - the atmosphere was lovely and relaxing (gorgeous lighting was provided by salvaged globes from a historic cruise ship), our server was friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt, and the food...was spectacular. Despite having just switched to the new seasonal menu, the kitchen staff executed flawlessly. Our seafood dishes were cooked perfectly, and the well-chosen sides almost stole the show! We highly recommend this restaurant to any looking for a special evening in the Annapolis area.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSalsad8VIPDined on 9/21/2014Harry Browne's is a really great place featuring excellent food at a good price, top shelf service in a nice atmosphere. We will definitely return againSpecial Features:
- Great overall experience.Oldwizard74Dined on 9/21/2014Great location, great ambiance, great food, great service. Had her in tears. Very accepting of Groupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Pleased!vjdantoneVIPDined on 9/19/2014It's been a few years since we've been to Harry Browne's because our last experience was not the best. We've heard that they have a new chef and we found a great coupon deal and decided to give it a try. We were VERY pleasantly pleased at the quality of the food and the friendliness of the service. The entrees were somewhat ambitious but wonderful, however, the chocolate soufflé dessert was not the best - the home made ice cream was its salvation. All in all, a wonderful evening out and return visit will be on the schedule!Special Features:
- We will ReturnniniVIPDined on 9/19/2014Visited Harry Browne's using a Groupon. Food and service was great. The only downfall was the outdoor dining. It's a very narrow street and seating for dining was very close. You were literally having dinner with the strangers sitting next to you. On top of that, the two ladies next to me had two HUGE dogs! One dog's tail kept swishing our table. I love dogs, but not with my dinner. After about 5 minutes, we asked to be moved inside, where we were more comfortable. All in all, a great date night! We will return!Special Features:
- Great Experience!FoodLover831Dined on 9/15/2014Everything from the service, drinks, food, and the timing of everything coming out was great. I would definitely recommend Harry Browne's and I will be going back when I have a special occasion.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewsmarieVIPDined on 9/15/2014You can never go wrong at Harry's. We ate outside overlooking the Capital at night. What a beautiful way to dine. The food and service is always to perfection. You are never rushed and can actually sit back and enjoy a quality meal be it fish, meat or fowl or veg. I highly recommend this restaurant every time I eat here. It is truly a pleasure dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.