Harry & Izzy's - Northside
4050 East 82nd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harry & Izzy's - Northside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harryandizzys.com/
- Phone: 3179158045
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm Open for Brunch Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm, Lunch until 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dave Foegley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Becknell 3179158045
A word from Harry & Izzy's - Northside
Harry & Izzy's is an independent, upscale American Grill located on Indy's Northside. Its ambiance exudes class and sophistication in a comfortable setting. While the lively bar is Harry & Izzy's focal point, we offer unique dining rooms and a beautiful second floor mezzanine overlooking the restaurant. This sister restaurant to the famous St. Elmo Steak House, shares a few classic dishes, while offering more menu variety. Open for lunch and dinner daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harry & Izzy's - Northside - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Harry & Izzy's - Northside reviews from OpenTable diners
304 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (211)romantic (106)notable wine list (90)good for groups (89)fit for foodies (78)great for outdoor dining (75)great for lunch (69)neighborhood gem (68)hot spot (47)vibrant bar scene (39)great for brunch (27)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (21)scenic view (14)Show More
- NEIGHBORHOOD GEMGreat72014Dined on 8/30/2014We are lucky to be able to walk to this restaurant. Always a good meal and lots of fun to sit outside in the summer.Special Features:
- Always a good timeJaniceVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love Harry & Izzy's. We always have a good time. And the food is always excellent. We make it a point to go there often.Special Features:
- Compared to DowntownDinerDined on 8/30/2014Much friendly overall than Downtown location from host to server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviice finally..NicaVIPDined on 8/29/2014After complaining that we were being ignored (1/2 hr), the wait staff took great care of us, as did the manager, offering to buy our first round and some appetizers! All in All, a lovely evening for 6 at a round table on the patio!Special Features:
- Cinci visits IndyMJRAMJRADined on 8/29/2014In Cinci, we have great steak restaurants. So we thought we'd try H&I while in Indy. The shrimp cocktail was a hit, especially with the in-house prepared cocktail sauce. WOW. The service was a bit rushed. We felt we were being hurried out the door in an effort to turnover the table.Special Features:
- I never get tired of Harry & Izzy'sdonworVIPDined on 8/27/2014I had another wonderful lunch on the pleasant back patio, overlooking the river. The $20 lunch special is the best deal in town - H & I's fabulous shrimp cocktail, a crisp salad, tomato-basil soup and wonderful sliders. They are always happy to substitute the shrimp sliders for the filet that most people have. Today I opted for the salad instead of creme brulee, a great sacrifice since theirs is to die for. Next time! This was my friend's first visit to H & I, and she was impressed with her meal as well. Our server was very pleasant, friendly and attentive even though we were the only ones dining outside. She even remembered serving us at my son's birthday dinner a few weeks ago! A great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry'sspecialeveningDined on 8/26/2014It was a memorable evening with very good food and excellent service. this was a first time visit, and we will visit in the future especially for special occasions. This was our anniversary and a very memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely timeHarryandIzzysis1Dined on 8/25/2014Our small birthday dinner was a great success...the only thing a bit less than perfect was that the rolls didn't come out with the salad. However, the food was very good and beautifully presented and served. We appreciated the free desert for the birthday person.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014it was a special occasion for me and my boyfriend. i was very disappointed to find out that all of the toppings for my salmon and filet mignon was extra so our main course wasn't good, very bland. even O'Charleys put spices on their meats. i didn't enjoy the meat at all. and it was VERY expensive. maybe won't come back. very disappointed. we could have gone anywhere but chose to try Harry's for the first time.Special Features:
- Great food, easy accessVeritasDined on 8/23/2014Originally planned to go downtown, but a Colts game scuttled those ideas. Fortunately was staying on the north side of the city and was able to make a reservation for 2 hours later. Loved being able to drive right up and park for free, without the traffic hassles. Greeters were warm and friendly. Wait staff were prompt, friendly, and warm. The shrimp cocktail was the best I've had - yes, better even than the sister restaurant. The steak was cooked perfectly and the creamed spinach was incredible. All around great job by everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MWess1113Dined on 8/23/2014Outstanding service and the filet mignon was prepared exactly as ordered, with no extra seasoning taking away the flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.BigdaddyDined on 8/22/2014Our server was great. The food we excellent. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What can I say I com for the ShrimpHashHungryVIPDined on 8/22/2014Its a long drive from Carmel to Downtown Indy. So if I need a St Elmo's Shrimp Cocktail fix; I go to Harry and Izzy's. Dont get me wrong. Steaks are very good. Pretty good wine list. (albeit over priced as many wine lists are) But the food is always dependable, and my server was very pleasant in every way. Not a place I venture to very often because its pricey, but when the occaision calls for it, they make a solid impression. As far as business lunches or dinners go, this is a sure fire winner every time. Just take the Corporate American Express.Special Features:
- Nice dinner, but probably no repeatAnniversaryCouple37Dined on 8/20/2014The shrimp cocktail was wonderful as expected, and the steak superb. Scallops with pasta was a nice serving, but the pasta had a thick-ish sauce on it that I didn't care for. Service was great, except for the waiter 2 tables over who dropped an entire tray of glassware while cleaning - a distraction that lasted for quite a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want one in Evansville INBranchOutDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed our lunch at H & I's, especially since it was our first time there and we did not know what to expect. When we learned it is connected someway to St Elmo's, we knew we made the right choice since St Elmo's is at the top of list. We invite Harry & Izzy's to come to Evansville, IN and open a restaurant here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAvondinerDined on 8/16/2014We were seated promptly, but had to wait for our server several times during the course of the meal. As I have seen in other reviews, the noise level is excessive; you can hardly hear the person across the table from you. For my meal I ordered the Spicy Asian Shrimp, Spinach Salad, and Toasted Ravioli. She did not ask me in what order it should be served so the shrimp and salad came at the same time. There was nothing spicy about the shrimp, and the corn in the salad tasted like it came from a can. The ravioli was the best of the three, but by then I had lost my appetite. My husband had the blackened cod and brussels sprouts, which were fine. All in all, not a good experience. At that price, we won't be back.
- Always good!laves0826Dined on 8/16/2014H & I is always consistent. I tried a two of their sliders and they were both great! Plus, the Wedge Salad is THE BEST! I would recommend H & I! My wife and I love this place!
- Great for birthdaysvb14Dined on 8/16/2014We celebrated a special occasion here and our hostess and waiter were spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noice levelBevGDined on 8/15/2014When we arrived we were promptly seated. We have been several times and have either sat in the main area or upstairs but this time we were taken to the room at the back. We sat down and could not even hear ourselves talking it was so loud.. It spoilt the ambiance that we know and love. We did request to be moved which was a slight wait and we were happy to do that. They were very good and we ended up with a lovely seat. I think the room's low ceiling does not help with the noice level. I will in future when making a reservation request not to sit there. Other that that as usual the food, wine , service was outstanding as usualSpecial Features:
- Friday DinnerLittleRedDined on 8/15/2014The food and wine were wonderful. I had not been to Harry and Izzy's myself and brought a friend from out of state who also raved about the experience. It is a little bit noisy, or at least it was where we were sitting, so next time I would ask for a quieter area if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indy1aDined on 8/15/2014One of my favorite spots in Indy. Great food and nice seating this visit outdoors.Special Features:
- ImpressiveTandNdinersDined on 8/15/2014The food and service were outstanding! We brought friends from out of town and they were very impressed. One of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- Great spur of the momentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2014If you want fine dining without a reservation this is your placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining!RuthDined on 8/14/2014Have eaten at this restaurant several times, but this was the first time to dine on the outdoor patio. Wonderful view of the water! Food and service were wonderful, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised at the slow servicepdogggDined on 8/13/2014I have always had a great experience downtown. The northside location had the worst service I have ever had with Harry and Izzie. The dinner took over 2 1/2 hours (no dessert , or after coffee because the service was so slow)_.Special Features:
- Birthday DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We went to celebrate a birthday, after being seated at our table we waited for over 20 minutes to be served. The waitress that finally stopped at our table indicated she wasn't sure who was suppose to be taking care of us. We indicated that we were now in a bit of a rush as we had movie tickets & needed to be finished with our dinner in 45min; unfortunately, the service did not improve & and we felt rushed to get done in time. In addition, the food was also not up to typical standards - the bread was not fresh & one of steaks was not cooked to the correctly. We have dinned here many times but were disappointed with this experience, given how consistent the food and service have been in the past. It was a disappointing birthday dinner.
- MediocrefoodieDined on 8/9/2014My scallops were over cooked. My husband's lamb was not seasoned. The shrimp appetizer was wonderful. Overall, this was a mediocre experience.Special Features:
- Whoops!LyleDined on 8/8/2014As usual, outstanding food and atmosphere, ruined only by an accidental spilling of red wine on my wife's white jacket! Accidents happen, and everyone was very apologetic, but . . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SidesJerryVIPDined on 8/8/2014Our food was quite good except for Brussel Sprouts (as a side) which came with bacon and pepper which was not indicated on menu. Also, I personally thought they should have been more tender and I did not care for the taste.Special Features:
- Harry and Izzy's 82nd StreetLikesfoodDined on 8/8/2014My husband, my two teenage children and myself visited Harry and Izzy's 8/8/14. We had eaten at the downtown restaurant a few times and it was excellent. However, I would not return to the 82nd st. restaurant. My daughter's shrimp sliders were burnt, my son's filet was medium rare at best when he asked for medium well, and my filet sliders were served on buns with no garnishes. The service was very slow. I don't know if this was due to our waiter or due to the kitchen. We ordered bread pudding for dessert, which took forever. While we were waiting for the bread pudding, the server told us it was "made from scratch and took longer than other desserts". That information would have been nice to know before we ordered it.
- Best in AreaGrammardadDined on 8/8/2014A local friend suggested here and it was the best dining experience of the week! Filet sliders, fried green tomatoes, bread pudding for me and fresh asparagus, salad and homemade chips for my business partner. Wait staff best in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Let You Downfoodie2VIPDined on 8/5/2014Had reservations at another restuarant- my guest wanted an oyster bar, but we wanted to have a drink before dinner and stopped in Harry & Izzy's. I wanted him to taste the world famous cocktail shrimp, so we ordered drinks the shrimp and the steak chops- you know some lite appetizers. We finished everything and he didn't want to leave, so needless to say the dining experience was outstanding... Harry and Izzy's wil never let you down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience ever!todie4Dined on 8/4/2014The food was incredible. Ordered a rare filet and it was perfection! Everything we ordered was incredible. The service was phenomenal including Max the server assistant, our server, Nick and the manager Aaron. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceFoodie2shoesDined on 8/4/2014We were celebrating a 50th wedding anniversary and could not have been treated better. Festive decorations and a handmade card signed by all staff were on the table. Our server was great, the restaurant was quiet, and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Very good service, energetic waitress. The food was very good, cooked perfectly. We were celebrating our Wedding and my husband's birthday and it was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014The service was subpar. We had o ask for refills, bread and our meals were incorrect. I've dined at this location many times and haven't ever had such poor service. The food was good but when paying $200 for dinner, I expect much better service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014It took 2 hours and 15 minutes to eat and we were the ones waiting on the waiter.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationsteakMgoodDined on 8/2/2014Our Family went to H&I for a special occasion and we were not disappointed. Evan was a wonderful host and server. Gave us ample time to look at the menu and was very helpful answering the questions we had. I almost hate to mention anything negative because the dining experience was SUPER, but it would have been a little quieter had we not been next to the kitchen door. I didn't really want to hear people hollering & thank goodness it was NOT all the time. I think I would request a round both in a different spot tho. ----- I would love to go back and try other menu items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scissormanDined on 8/2/2014server was outstanding. She was very helpful. Very helpful to Dan who was on special diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St Elmo liteCurtMDined on 8/2/2014Harry & Izzy's represents the St Elmo brand very very well. A little better variety than parent restaurant but many of the same things that you expect from this family of restaurants. The shrimp cocktail is just as mouthwatering (and eye watering) as those from downtown and the streaks are exactly what you would expect, excellent. If you want to save yourself the hassle of going downtown but need your St Elmo fix, I'd highly recommend Harry & Izzy's for the north siders. If you're into dessert, try the cheesecake but beware. One slice will go two ways very nicely. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.