Harry & Izzy's - Northside
4050 East 82nd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harry & Izzy's - Northside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harryandizzys.com/
- Phone: 3179158045
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm Open for Brunch Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm, Lunch until 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dave Foegley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Becknell 3179158045
A word from Harry & Izzy's - Northside
Harry & Izzy's is an independent, upscale American Grill located on Indy's Northside. Its ambiance exudes class and sophistication in a comfortable setting. While the lively bar is Harry & Izzy's focal point, we offer unique dining rooms and a beautiful second floor mezzanine overlooking the restaurant. This sister restaurant to the famous St. Elmo Steak House, shares a few classic dishes, while offering more menu variety. Open for lunch and dinner daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Harry & Izzy's - Northside - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Harry & Izzy's - Northside reviews from OpenTable diners
322 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (212)romantic (110)fit for foodies (106)notable wine list (102)good for groups (97)neighborhood gem (83)hot spot (60)great for outdoor dining (56)great for lunch (53)vibrant bar scene (45)late-night find (25)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (10)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014great food as always!!! Enjoyed the atmosphere for the newer location, great location.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Just the appropriate amount of attentiveness. From greeters to servers, we were treated respectfully and felt welcomed. It was a bit loud, but hey, there were a lot of diners enjoying good meals!Special Features:
- Great location for a date!BankstersDined on 10/18/2014The decor was out of this world and the ambiance took your breath away. It is very elegant for a romantic gathering :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent evening @ Harry & Izzy's. The service was outstanding. Our server was Stacey and we greatly appreciated her assistance and personality. The food was delicious and prepared just as we requested. All in all, a perfect restaurant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?CDQuirkDined on 10/17/2014On ever other visit to this establishment, the food has been excellent. However, tonight is was just okay. Both my hubby and I decided it was a solid B-. We all ordered the usually delectable shrimp cocktail anticipating a sinus clearing experience while eating it. How disappointing to find it did not have any of the zing it usually has. In fact, it was so tame, I didn't even have to blow my nose. Not even once. The highlight of my meal was my salad, I ordered a small filet and my hubby ordered a strip for our entree. While the steaks were good, they weren't great. And for $40 for a filet, I was expecting fabulous. We shared the Dutch Apple pie dessert which had been heavily microwaved to the point of toughness of the crust.Special Features:
- Great for special eventsgbhowardDined on 10/17/2014Service was outstanding. Menu was varied with something for everyone. Prices a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Great experience, we'll be back. The food was prepared well and very good.Special Features:
- GreatCMacDined on 10/15/2014Alex (Pretty sure that was his name) was our server and he was awesome. I had one small complaint about something I ordered and Alex went above and beyond to make sure I was happy after that. He was great and of course the shrimp cocktail was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingZazie7Dined on 10/12/2014We got the Sunday special. It was a three course meal for either $30 or $40 depending on thr entree. It was a good way to try a variety of dishes. The shrimp cocktail was good with a wonderful sinus clearing sauce. The rest of the meal was decent without being outstanding. It was our first time there, I would try it again in the event it was an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- roger hOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We choose this place to celebrate two birthdays before we went to see a show at Clowes hall. The meal was excellent, a good buy and the service top notch. we were also rewarded with special b'day desserts. My sister in law was thoroughly impressed and so wee we! we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureFoodieDined on 10/3/2014I always enjoy going to Harry and Izzy's. The service was friendly and quick. The food was amazing and I think everyone at my table was very pleased with their meal. It was a little noisy but that is to be expected on a Friday evening.Special Features:
- Such a great placeFeedMeDined on 10/3/2014Never disappoints. There's something to be said for consistency.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChief2015Dined on 9/30/2014Seated with very little wait. Waiter was friendly and checked back regularly. Seated near the fire pit outside which was very enjoyable. Ahi Tuna and the Lobster were great. All around very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Good but overpricedJudyVIPDined on 9/30/2014Food was good but nothing spectacular for the price. They did make it a nice experience for our anniversaryI would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Indy's Besthotknicks1Dined on 9/28/2014Harry & Izzy's will grow to become a must stop eatery in Indianapolis. Just like St. Elmo's it will be talked about around the country.Special Features:
- Best Tailgate EVERMaryDined on 9/28/2014We got to watch the Colts and enjoy an awesome Northside Nights lunch - fantastic food and a great way to enjoy the game!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love LoveRebCDined on 9/27/2014I love this restaurant! Never disappointed with the food, and the wine list is fab!Special Features:
- H & I - Overpriced, underwhelmedWildOliveFanDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I had dinner at Harry and Izzy's Saturday night, and although the steaks were good, neither of us felt that they were worth the high prices that the restaurant charges. The house specialty shrimp cocktail ($16.00 for 5 shrimp) was mediocre at best, the shrimp tasted like they had been dipped in bleach, and the hot cocktail sauce was there to disguise that flavor. $57.00 for a dry aged KC strip (Price was never mentioned upon ordering) is way out of line, especially in Indianapolis! Service was just OK, we waited a long time for drinks and food, and overall service was spotty. I doubt we will return there. $200.00 for dinner with 2 drinks each, good but not great food, (and no dessert) is not my idea of a good time.Special Features:
- Had a great timeSteveyPDined on 9/27/2014If you are looking for a steak dinner then you don't need to look much further. T bone was great and we sat outside enjoying the fall heat. Very nice evening and would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what I was expecting.u2toublablaDined on 9/27/2014We went to Harry and Izzy's to celebrate my girlfriends birthday and the service was stellar! The water glass was never even close to being emptied! The wine was excellent and the food could not have been better. If you let them know in advance that you're celebrating a birthday,the staff signs a card that's at your table when you arrive and the dessert has a festive addition to it in honor of the occasion. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticRonWVIPDined on 9/27/2014We spend just about every special occasion at Harry & Izzy's. As always, it was fantastic. We can't get enough Izzy's style steak, and my new favorite drink is the Elmo Cola.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindMydineDined on 9/27/2014I met my sisters in the Indy area for a long weekend getaway. While out shopping we asked a sales associate for a recommendation and this was his first choice. We made reservations right away. We chose to sit outside on a beautiful evening. Our waitress, Lacy, was fabulous. Giving us just the right amount of attention. They offered great specials for $30-$40 that included shrimp cocktail, a filet, salmon or chicken and your choice of dessert. Only one 'negative' - the sauce for the shrimp cocktail is VERY spicy/hot even thought they offer a mild sauce. Lacy brought us a new cocktail with the sauce on the side. They shrimp was very good as were the filets. Perfectly done. Dessert delicious.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceTheFoodGuyDined on 9/26/2014I went here with two friends visiting from out of town, and they absolutely loved it. The atmosphere was very professional, food was amazing, and made you feel like you were getting the best quality service in town.Special Features:
- Luv2dineDined on 9/26/2014Our table was ready when we arrived and was exactly what we requested . . . A round table with enough light to see and quiet enough that we could hear each other. Our waiter was fun and accommodating. A great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- JamesDined on 9/25/2014Always very consistent, whether I'm at the downtown location, the airport or on the North side my experience is always FANTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseChristieDined on 9/25/2014We had never dined here and went with a party of 8. We were inspired to try it because we had been to their parent restaurant, St Elmo's, the week before. We participated in Northside Nights special dinners and everything was wonderful. I had salmon which was served with their special mashed potatoes and fresh green beans. Portions were so large had a second meal to take home. All three courses were terrific. We will go again. Service was not excellent, but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!JulesDined on 9/23/2014We sat outside on the patio. live music, great food and service. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Indy FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2014The wine list was great. The wasabi shrimp were the best, and Becca as an outstanding server. Attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Always consistentMicheleDined on 9/21/2014Enjoy taking newbies as we did this time to H&I's because you can build their anticipation about the great food and service and not be made a fool of. Nick our server was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service/Ok FoodfoodlovveDined on 9/20/2014My first experience at Harry & Izzy's was ok. The 6oz filet was a bit dry and lacked flavor. The shrimp cocktail was tasty, but the presentation was sloppy. The Moscato was very tasty and the service we received from our waitress was great. I would not go back unless someone else was paying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulmomyersDined on 9/20/2014We went to celebrate my birthday with my parents and boyfriend, and we all loved our dinners. No complaints here.Special Features:
- Great for Hanging with FriendsCWoodDined on 9/20/2014I had a fabulous time celebrating my birthday with friends! The food, service, drinks and atmosphere were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Another great dining experience at Harry & Izzy's. Great food + Great Service = Great Dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Not GoodServiceDined on 9/20/2014Dined at Harry and Izzy's Saturday evening with husband, 2 daughters and 2 grandchildren. Reservations at 5:30, got seated right away by hostess. Was 10 minutes later before waitress came to table to take drink orders. And as the evening went on times in between being waited on got further apart. Told waitress that we were there to celebrate my 6 year old grandson birthday day. Said she would bring special dessert out for him, that never happened. Two tables that were seated half hour after us finished their dinner and left before we finished our meal. Have always enjoyed dining here, but with service this slow not sure if I would go back.Special Features:
- Mother/Daughter Early DinnerholidayDined on 9/20/2014Our experience for an after shipping Mother/Daughter dinner was lovely. The biggest plus for this restaurant is the excellent service. The atmosphere is classy and refined. The food is very tasty. You get what you pay for, so the price tag is a bit more then some other places. But all in all, for a few hours of being treated like a queen, it it worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, disappointing serviceEdudocDined on 9/19/2014We are regulars at Harry and Izzys..Took 9 people for dinner to celebrate a 50th anniversary. Food outstanding as usual. Bottle of The Prisoner was delish. Service was disappointing. Repeatedly asked for water refills. Dinner entrees came out 3 different times rather than all at once. 10min. Lapse between first 2 entrees served and the 2nd round of entrees. Forgot an order of mushrooms. Brought potatoes instead of green beans. Dinner plates VERY slow to be cleared. $585 bill...definitely expect much better service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free FriendlyLovetoEatDined on 9/19/2014Harry and Izzy's has one of the most expansive Gluten Free menus in the Indy area. The food, service and overall dining experience was outstanding. We will definitely return and recommend to others as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- donworVIPDined on 9/17/2014I always appreciate having my seating requests honored here, and a friend and I received my requested quiet booth. We had another excellent meal. After sharing the signature shrimp cocktail, we each had more yummy seafood. My friend enjoyed the fresh seared scallops, with an Asian flavor, and the Asian quinoa salad. complemented this very well. My blackened cod was perfectly cooked, with just a touch of blackening spice. I should have ordered a veggie, but succumbed to mashed potatoes - comfort food. Good coffee, with lots of time for conversation, finished off a lovely dinner. Our server was cheerful, friendly and attentive. I am never disappointed at Harry and Izzy's!Special Features:
- No Complaints!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed the talbe decorations for the Birthday Celebration. All parties enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Good experiencejackieDined on 9/16/2014good food good wine good atmosphere server o.k. not great