Harry & Izzy's - Northside
4050 East 82nd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harry & Izzy's - Northside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harryandizzys.com/
- Phone: (317) 915-8045
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm Open for Brunch Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm, Lunch until 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dave Foegley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Becknell 3179158045
A word from Harry & Izzy's - Northside
Harry & Izzy's is an independent, upscale American Grill located on Indy's Northside. Its ambiance exudes class and sophistication in a comfortable setting. While the lively bar is Harry & Izzy's focal point, we offer unique dining rooms and a beautiful second floor mezzanine overlooking the restaurant. This sister restaurant to the famous St. Elmo Steak House, shares a few classic dishes, while offering more menu variety. Open for lunch and dinner daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Harry & Izzy's - Northside - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Harry & Izzy's - Northside reviews from OpenTable diners
328 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (212)fit for foodies (111)notable wine list (107)romantic (105)good for groups (99)neighborhood gem (79)hot spot (69)vibrant bar scene (48)great for lunch (48)great for outdoor dining (46)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (15)scenic view (6)Show More
- Always consistentfoodieDined on 11/23/2014Been to restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. The lunch special is perfect allowing customer to have choices, and the service is always 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't order the filet.KathDined on 11/22/2014We each had a $40 filet mignon that was very tasteless. No seasonings on them whatsoever. Very disappointing for the price.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniverssary Dinner!HeatherDined on 11/22/2014I booked a reservation at Harry & Izzy's for a Friday night (would not recommend heading there without one!). Neither my husband nor I had been there previously - I was given a great referral by a friend. Now, my husband and I were celebrating our 12th anniversary - so we are not newly weds needing some dim lit overly "romantic" secluded spot. We are practical and just enjoy each others company and some good food and wine to go along. The restaurant was full and lively - which was good - but it also wasn't to loud, we could have a good conversation without having to talk over any noise! I had put on our reservation that it was our anniversary, and when we were taken to our table, there was a lovely sign on the table that read "Happy Anniversary" and was signed by the staff - a very nice touch! The staff were all very attentive - a very comfortable place - very nice but not stuffy! Of course, the St. Elmo's shrimp cocktail was a must - and it surely did not disappoint! Are entrees were wonderful. And even though they were busy we never felt rushed. There was a lovely couple sat at the table across from us - as they were leaving they came to wish us a happy anniversary - which we thought was very classy. Then, when our waiter came back to the table with the bottle of wine we had ordered, he let us know that the couple had put it on their bill - but didn't want us to know! A truly remarkable couple - we only wish we were able to thank them! The evening, the food, the atmosphere was just perfect! Thank you Harry and Izzy's - we will surely be recommending you to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- musicloverVIPDined on 11/21/2014Service was wonderful, food was served just right, chocolate dessert was one of the best I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceSam7Dined on 11/21/2014The Shrimp Cocktail and Filet Migon Sliders are a wonderful experience. I always enjoy their Garbage Salad.Special Features:
- Been here before and as always was very good.PharmguyVIPDined on 11/21/2014Just a great place to go. Some times it is a little noisy but food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BCnAnnaDined on 11/20/2014Great date night dinner for the wife and I. Great experience, service, and if course the food. We will defintiely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014It was great...they have a wonderful cheeseburger and oldfashionedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful addition to Indy's NorthsideindyfoodloverVIPDined on 11/19/2014Met friends at Harry & Izzy's for drinks and dinner. We hadn't seen one another for about a year and a half and wanted to catch up. i selected Harry & Izzy's because my husband and I enjoy it so often---my friends loved it! We had a lovely evening! The ambiance was perfect and the noise level did not overpower our conversation. Foid was scrumptious, prepared to our requests and arrived in a very timely manner. The service was excellent. Our wsiter was attentive but not intrusive. My friends said they will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Birthday DinnerIndynativeDined on 11/16/2014We had a nice pleasant family dinner. Service and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Signature Dishes WonderfulNorthernFoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I had a late reservation and decided to take the first available table in the bar rather than wait two hours. The shrimp cocktail with fresh horseradish was as good as I remember from my childhood meals with my grandfather at Harry and izzy's legacy St. Elmo. My husband and split a wedge salad with delicious blue cheese. We then had a couple of filet mignonette sliders. Great cocktails too. Wonderful . The only drawback is the strip mall location. The quality of food is worth it. Must have a reservation or you risk waiting a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things to improve.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014This was our first visit. We enjoyed the inside atmosphere. We both really enjoyed the calamari. We think it is the best we have had outside of Florida. We ordered our salads and meal at the same time. We did not even finish our salads when our meal arrived. We would have liked to have had a break between the salad and our meal. My wife was not really able to enjoy her meal because it came to fast. We would return for another visit but would order differently. Also, we never were brought any bread like the other tables around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerScooter1Dined on 11/11/2014My wife and I enjoyed our 3rd anniversary celebration this week. I had flowers sent to the restaurant and when we arrived they were set up on the table as well as a card signed by the entire staff. We have eaten at Harry and Izzys several times before and the food seemed a little off, but our server did a fantastic job and we enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great EveningHoosierpattersonDined on 11/10/2014Being the parents of a 10 year old we don't get out as much as we would like. We were celebrating our birthdays and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere, the menu and our server. We like having this restaurant close to our home. It makes for a nice get away experience.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGAGPRODANDined on 11/10/2014INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL, staff the food everything was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/9/2014Patty, our waitress was phenomenal. Never had better service.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphereLuluDined on 11/9/2014We requested a populated area for our sons birthday...they came through and we were seated in the middle of the main dining area. All staff would wish my son a happy birthday. The wait staff were pleasant and nice all evening without hovering. The food was plentiful, and delicious. The ambience is upscale, but with a warm feel to it...dark wood, wine cellar to look at, classy bar. There is an upstairs that overlooks the main dining area that might be fun to sit at, but ask to be next to the rail. Lovely experience. It was our first dinner there, and it can be pricey if you get the steaks. I've been for just drinks and pizza before if you want to do it less expensive...you have a choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, BUT was it worth it....foodfanDined on 11/8/2014It was a special occasion birthday for a friend, we had booth for 4, which was quite cozy for friends. Our service was poor. He was very knowledgeable regarding the products but thats it, we asked multiple times for bread, water, drinks. Our food came out warm-ish....not sure this place was worth the hype
- Bad service for overpriced foodSteveDined on 11/8/2014It started by being seated at a table barely big enough for two plates. Then we received the appetizer without getting the right plates and silverware. The brussel sprouts were overpowered with soy sauce and the Oscar on the steak was awful. This was a huge waste of time and money.
- Night out with the familyHendermenDined on 11/7/2014We decided at the last minute to make a reservation for 8:15pm. Upon our arrival we were told that they were just waiting for a table and would get us seated as soon as one was available. At 8:30 were were seated and as soon as we were seated the manager come over. He said they were sorry for the delay and would like to buy our appitizer that night. We ordered the shrimp and they even doubled the order!! I didn't even think waiting 15min was even that big of deal. The food was great. My wife and I shared the 14oz ribeye and it was cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend this place for a nice evening out with your family and friends. They will take good care of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business LunchMartinDined on 11/5/2014It was perfect place to hold a business lunch as the food and service were excellent while the ambience allowed easy conversation.Special Features:
- Business DinnerProBusDined on 11/4/2014Great spot for a business dinner. Food was good and service spot on. Everyone was very friendly and able to attend to our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the tripIndyMelDined on 11/2/2014I met out of town clients here, expecting the same excellent food andservice of the downtown location. I was very disapointed in the food. The salmon and calamari appetizers were great, but the steak (I ordered a special) was unpleasantly seasoned and undercooked. The only thing that saved the evening was the excellent, friendly service. I won't return anytime soon.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencechewyDined on 11/2/2014My family and I went here for my birthday. From the time we walked in everything was great. They paid attention to what we wrote on our reservations and had a high chair ready for my son. Waiting for me on the table was a birthday card signed by the staff with ribbon confetti on the table that my daughter absolutely loved. Our waiter quickly removed the steak knifes from their seats and got them cups with lids and we didn't even have to ask. Our waters were never empty and he was always checking on what else he could do for us. We definitely be going back.Special Features:
- First Time patronOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My only two complaints were that it was quite noisy in the resturant and We were seated upstairs, which was fine, but the booths are incredibly tight for four adults, next time will be a table if there are more than two of us. I had no idea there was an upstairs, might be a good idea to make note of that in case somebody makes a reservation that cannot do the stairs...... otherwise the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad bar exsprienceGrandmere1951Dined on 11/1/2014Good meal, great service only thing missing was a drink that I couldn't get because they don't have a blender for frozen drinks, manager tried to tell me that most upscale restaurants don't do frozen drinks and I had to correct him because on 82nd street every upscale restaurant there made me a Brandy Alexander, so next time know what you're talking about!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014my steak was undercooked. my ceasar salad had too much dressing. my husband's sangria was not mixed well and his cod fish was undercooked. very overpriced meal for bad food
- Great lunchBigdaddyVIPDined on 10/31/2014The food was great. Service is the best. I would recommend this Resturant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected.mjh33Dined on 10/25/2014Overpriced for the quality, quantity, and presentation of the food.
- luv2dineDined on 10/24/2014One of our favorite restaurants. Have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need to learn how to cook steakEmbarrassedDined on 10/22/20142 of 5 servings of steaks were not cooked correctly one had to go back to be cooked longer and even then it came back not correct. The other steak that came to the table was not even the right kind of steak, we accepted it but it wasn't cooked correctly either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodfreedon2VIPDined on 10/21/2014Everyone know the shrimp cocktail ROCKS! However, things like the prime rib sandwich with FRESH GRATED Horseradish, their awesome filet sliders, their pizza, and their awesome steaks makes this a place you are comfortable in shorts for a casual lunch or suit and tie for a business lunch or dinner. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening!!Luv2partyDined on 10/20/2014Great service!! Thanks Lou!! Delicious food!! Wonderful birthday celebration!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKiser123Dined on 10/19/2014great food as always!!! Enjoyed the atmosphere for the newer location, great location.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckDined on 10/19/2014Nice place to go without the downtown hassle for parking service and food were spot on. Great timeSpecial Features:
- Delicious dinner!cmhsDined on 10/18/2014Just the appropriate amount of attentiveness. From greeters to servers, we were treated respectfully and felt welcomed. It was a bit loud, but hey, there were a lot of diners enjoying good meals!Special Features:
- Great location for a date!BankstersDined on 10/18/2014The decor was out of this world and the ambiance took your breath away. It is very elegant for a romantic gathering :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent evening @ Harry & Izzy's. The service was outstanding. Our server was Stacey and we greatly appreciated her assistance and personality. The food was delicious and prepared just as we requested. All in all, a perfect restaurant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?CDQuirkDined on 10/17/2014On ever other visit to this establishment, the food has been excellent. However, tonight is was just okay. Both my hubby and I decided it was a solid B-. We all ordered the usually delectable shrimp cocktail anticipating a sinus clearing experience while eating it. How disappointing to find it did not have any of the zing it usually has. In fact, it was so tame, I didn't even have to blow my nose. Not even once. The highlight of my meal was my salad, I ordered a small filet and my hubby ordered a strip for our entree. While the steaks were good, they weren't great. And for $40 for a filet, I was expecting fabulous. We shared the Dutch Apple pie dessert which had been heavily microwaved to the point of toughness of the crust.Special Features:
- Great for special eventsgbhowardDined on 10/17/2014Service was outstanding. Menu was varied with something for everyone. Prices a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.