Harrison's - Stowe
25 Main Street
Stowe, VT 05672Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harrison's - Stowe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harrisonsstowe.com/
- Phone: 8022537773
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Casey Christensen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Public Transit: the local mountain shuttle drops off just steps away from the restaurant. Check with your hotel front desk for updated route schedules
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Harrison's has a private lot as well as street parking and several free public parking lots located in the village
A word from Harrison's - Stowe
Welcome to Harrison's Restaurant & Bar. Located in the heart of historic Stowe village, we are steps away from shopping, local theater, concerts, the Stowe Recreation Path and the famous Green Mountain Inn.Once you step downstairs you will be greeted by caring and experienced servers that will make sure your dining experience is a memorable one. Our cozy dining room has quiet booths, a vibrant fully-stocked bar with 100+ bottle wine list, and a fireplace on those cold winter days. The barn board walls are covered with original historical photos of Stowe dating from the Kneale Family's 80 years living and working in the Stowe area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Harrison's - Stowe - Best Restaurants in Stowe ›
Harrison's - Stowe reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)special occasion (45)romantic (43)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (12)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Consistently GoodOrangeGalDined on 8/24/2014We've dined at Harrisons several times now and each time we can count on a delicious meal. Great wine selection, cozy atmosphere and great location.Special Features:
- DinnerBadgerDined on 8/23/2014We were disappointed in the size of the mussels, they were extremely small, not up to Harrison's standards. The mussel sause is the best. The prime rib sandwich was outstanding, the fry's could be a little more crisp.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice in StoweseafordinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014All around just a great experience, we had very good food and service. Certainly the best option we explored in our time in the Stowe/Smuggler's Notch Area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindAmySDined on 8/22/2014We read many great reviews of Harrison's and decided to try it on our last night in Stowe. I only wish we had found it earlier! We had just spent a week away in Montreal and Quebec City trying lots of good restaurants but this meal was by far the best of our entire vacation. The food was delicious. The service was absolutely wonderful and the owner was lovely and extremely accommodating. We ate downstairs inside the main restaurant although there did appear to be a small outdoor eating area that looked nice. It was a nice cozy atmosphere. Harrison's will be on the top of our list next time we're in Stowe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible meal!happyvtfoodieDined on 8/18/2014This was my first visit to Harrison's and they did not disappoint! The calamari was cooked perfectly and the sesame ginger coulis complimented it perfectly. Also, the ahi tuna appetizer was out of this world, best seaweed salad I have ever eaten! My friend and I shared entrees; The steak tips were cooked to the perfect temp, they were so tender, and the shrimp and scallop scampi was incredible. I really enjoyed the goat cheese ravioli, they were delicious; overall fantastic dish. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very goodNumber5Dined on 8/18/2014We dine at Harrison's a couple of times a year and every time is as good as the previous one. The hot food is hot, tasty, beautifully presented in just the right amount. There are always enough new food items to chose from on the menu for those who do not always like to eat the same thing. The the chef has a real skill with pan sauces and servers are professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor serviceAmyCastDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I recently dined at Harrison's where we seated at a uncomfortably small booth. We arrived and ordered prior to a party of 9 only to watch their party recieve their food before us. We also noticed other tables around us were served bread while we had to ask for ours. There was 2 of us and we received 2 pieces of bread. Food was good but not worth the poor service!Special Features:
- Trendy eaterynovelwriterDined on 8/6/2014Hearing that Harrison's is definitely the place to eat in Stowe, I booked our reservations well in advance. We truly enjoyed our dining experience. I had the pan-fried rosemary gnocchi and it was lighter than air! Really wonderful. The atmosphere was nice, but realize this is a vacation/resort town so there were all types in the restaurant, including families with children who were wandering. There is outdoor, patio seating which was very popular, but we ate inside, downstairs. It was a nice ambience. We like to dress up when we go to a more expensive place, but there was no dress code and most people were very casual. Our waitress was good but not overly hovering while we dined. The menu is somewhat limited and the choices pretty trendy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great underground placeadinerDined on 8/5/2014Harrison's is probably now the best restaurant in Stowe. Don't be scared off by the location--down the stairs. The food and service arfe excellent.Special Features:
- shrimp taco dinnerlindaDined on 8/2/2014was outstanding! Cajun seasoned shrimp were perfect -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteAnneDined on 8/1/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Stowe. Great ambience, friendly, capable service and really delicious, well-prepared food. We visit Stowe every summer and this is a must-do every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good summer dining, great dessert!Mower4275Dined on 8/1/2014Good menu, with something for all tastes. We all had a different seafood entree - beer battered fish and chips, maple glazed salmon, and pecan crusted ahi tuna. All were very good, hot, and well prepared. The ciabatta bread basket was tasty. I had the house side salad and it was good also - large pieces of lettuce could have been a little smaller but that's the only issue I really had. The key lime pie dessert was AMAZING!Special Features:
- Good place to eat before the showMareDined on 7/30/2014We like going to Harrisons before the show at Stowe Theater Guild. The menu was a bit different this time and nothing really appealed to me. First off, I don't eat meat, so that limits my choices anyway. I had the tomato basil soup for an appetizer and it was quite good. I ordered a lobster risotto, which, in my estimation, was a bit small of a portion. It was ok- not as flavorful and not as big lobster chiunks as I expected. Overall, it was a decent meal but not as outstanding as I usually feel it has been in the past. Still recommend Harrisons to everyone when they are in Stowe.Special Features:
- Good but not greatvtfoodieDined on 7/29/2014This was our 4th time to Harrison's. Ambience is still good - open seating in most cases. Tight quarters but comfy and welcoming. My only gripe is the portions were smaller and the food not quite as good as we remembered it from previous visits. But still good.Special Features:
- A Stowe Gem for Fine DiningTKHinStoweDined on 7/29/2014My family and I found Harrison's to be an excellent option for fine dining. As previous reviews indicate, Harrison's is located below a local business. The restaurant is nicely decarated and welcoming. The fare is high quality as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden (underground!) gemKleejoyDined on 7/27/2014A restaurant masquerading as a pub--our favorite type of can't-tell-a-book-by-it's-cover surprise. All the warmth of a neighborhood pub coupled with the delight of some of the best food in Stowe. I've been here twice and I feel like a regular. Innovative twists on common offerings: e.g. duck quesadillas--yum! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal, great service!DebbieDined on 7/27/2014Every time we are in Stowe, it's the first place we hit! It's consistently outstanding. The mussels are to die for, as is everything on the menuSpecial Features:
- cozy little placelaxdinerDined on 7/26/2014service was good. Needed support from hostess. food is tasty not too basic but not too exotic. everyone at our table had something different and enjoyed it. I would return and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Short of Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Dad and three 13 year old boys. Ate apps, entrees and deserts and every plate went back clean. Local beers on tap, had Switchback. I would highly recommend this place. I eat out a lot with travel and this is one of my favorites. Staff was very friendly and super attentive. We ate there Friday night and all three kids were still talking about it on Sunday and wanted to eat there for lunch before we left town. Unfortunately dinner only!Special Features:
- A Favorite In StoweFood4ThoughtDined on 7/22/2014No trip to Stowe would be complete without dinner at Harisson's! Great staff, great menu, and amazing beer selection including local favorites like Heady Topper and Heart of Lothian. Reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerPattyDined on 7/22/2014Dinner was excellent-striped bass was the special. Our servers were very attentive but not overly. The outside dining was available but on a slightly muggy night we opted for the restaurant and it was very cool. I would highly recommend to anyone to go Harrison's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food - excellent servicevicnsherryDined on 7/22/2014My wife and I loved our dining experience at harrisons. We started with a cup of soup, she loved her golden beet and I enjoyed the French onion soup. She ordered the striped bass special and enjoyed every bite. Fish was seasoned well and beautifully cooked. I ordered The salmon and it was moist and flakey. The rice and salad complemented the fish. Our server provided spot on service. Best service we have experienced anywhere. We will eat here again. Thank you for an amazing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dg45Dined on 7/19/2014This is a very allergy friendly restaurant. It is a little tight in the bar area but the booths have plenty of room.Special Features:
- Over rated food experience.TravelfoodieDined on 7/18/2014Although highly rated in various sites and shows in the full dinning room. We found the food lacking in flavor and taste. Service was quite efficient. Would not return again.
- Best mussels I have had in yearOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Harrison's mussels appetizer was so good I used a spoon for the broth. Would have licked the bowl at home... Server was very pleasant, all the wait staff worked well together. Great value for the dollarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfied.OhiotravelerDined on 7/14/2014Stowe is our favorite spot for a variety of above-average eating establishments, and Harrison's is one of our favorites in Stowe. If you are looking for reasonably-priced upscale food and/or a cozy, romantic atmosphere, this is your place. Service is very attentive but not intrusive. Be advised that reservations are a really good idea, as this place is not a secret, and for good reason.Special Features:
- First timeOntheroadDined on 7/13/2014We visited for the first time and not the last. Good menu for both meat and fish - steaks served as requested. Fish cooked to perfection. Knowledgable server especially on wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We come to Harrison's about twice a year. We love the atmosphere: quiet and cozy with soft jazz. We love the food--everything we have ordered is superb. The servers have improved over the years--much more friendly. Recommend highly for quiet, soothing, delicious dining experience!Special Features:
- Great service - need a new cookNOLAfoodloverDined on 7/8/2014We had excellent service throughout in a pleasant setting but they need to hire a new cook. When the waiter asked about our food we were polite but did not comment on the mostly untouched fries. He asked about them and we said they were overcooked with a bad sauce. He actually took them off the bill without our asking him. I think this may be the first time that happen to me. Because of the great service I am reluctant to write a bad review but the food was very poor for the prices. The exception was the fried calamari which was nicely crisp and had some interesting peppers with it. I was surpassed that TripAdvisor had them #2 out of 75 in Stowe. Perhaps that raised my expectations too much.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Rosemary gnocchi sauce a bit heavier then expected, but tasty Service efficient but rushedSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant in Stowe VTJimoDined on 7/4/2014Food and service are consistently good. If you have one night to dine out in Stowe this is the restaurant to chooseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was bland, Excellent BeerJerseyGirl531Dined on 7/3/2014My fiance and I spent the weekend up in beautiful Stowe,VT. We traveled from North Jersey and this restaurant received great reviews so we decided to try it out. Service was friendly and attentive. I really liked the inside of the restaurant, it was very cozy and reminded me of Twin Peaks (Lol :) ) The food was just extremely bland. My fiance got fish and chips while I got the famous cheeseburger with Vermont cheddar on it. Again the food was plain jane. The beer list was pretty good and we tried several different craft beers. Don't know if we're spoiled by all the delicious food we have in New Jersey but I wouldn't come back here again.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysMeloyelo33Dined on 7/3/2014Whenever visiting Stowe , my family and I always make a point of coming to Harrison's. The food is fresh and well prepared. The service is first rate. Extensive wine list. Yummy desserts. Perfect for all ages. We will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gnocchi to die forHiking4PointsDined on 7/3/2014The title says it all. I follow the Weight Watchers Point system. This was worth every point. Quite a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to it's hypeGola1Dined on 6/28/2014Great place. We were seated right away on a busy Saturday night. Cozy dining area. Friendly and attentive staff. Perfect martini! All four diner's pleased with their meals. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great lil spotbusycmrDined on 6/27/2014Fun interior but booths are a little uncomfortable for your back. The food and service were exceptional. Once you are inside you forget that it is downstairs. I imagine that in winter it will be really cozy. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceRkniffDined on 6/26/2014We were in Stowe for a few days and looking for a nice restaurant for dinner. Coincidentally we found a Groupon for Harrison's and, after reading a number of reviews, decided to purchase it and give it a try. We were not disappointed. In fact it exceeded our expectations. I had then featured wine from Oregon which was excellent. We shared the crab cake appetizer which was as good as I have ever had. My wife had the shrimp and scallop scampi which was very tasty. I had the filet mignon which was as good as any I have had in Boston. Although we were stuffed we were eyeing the profiteroles and the waitress offered to get a "small" order. Again,delicious. The service also was excellent. We highly recommend Harrison'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodfishtimeDined on 6/23/2014My wife and I order four appetizers and some craft beer. We dined on a huge steaming bowl of mussels, excellent calamari, Maine crab cake, and wonderful duck quesadillas. Each dish was well-prepared. Excellent friendly service. Right on Main Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio...Food is OKArtiebeenchewedDined on 6/21/2014After reading multiple reviews of how great the food is, my wife and I decided to give Harrison's a try. We ordered boneless wings which were actually really good. I order shrimp tacos, my wife order the portobello flat bread sandwich. The service was excellent on the patio and food time from sit down with appetizer to entree was 30 min, Awesome. We got our food and it looked amazing, unfortunatly my shrimp tacos were extremely overpowered by an extreme biterness that i linked to the jalapeno relish. So bitter i had to send it back, the waitress was more than accommodating. I got the tacos w/o relish and they were great. My wifes sandwich was awesome! Not sure if we will try again next time we visit. I want to add staff was amazing!
- Great dinnerGraceBDined on 6/20/2014We found Harrison's on open table and thought we'd give it a try. We were in Vermont for a wedding and wanted something easy. The service was great and the food delicious. They had a nice selection of wines to choose from as well. The restaurant is actually downstairs making it very unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.