Harrison's - Stowe
25 Main Street
Stowe, VT 05672Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harrison's - Stowe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harrisonsstowe.com/
- Phone: 8022537773
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Casey Christensen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Public Transit: the local mountain shuttle drops off just steps away from the restaurant. Check with your hotel front desk for updated route schedules
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Harrison's has a private lot as well as street parking and several free public parking lots located in the village
A word from Harrison's - Stowe
Welcome to Harrison's Restaurant & Bar. Located in the heart of historic Stowe village, we are steps away from shopping, local theater, concerts, the Stowe Recreation Path and the famous Green Mountain Inn.Once you step downstairs you will be greeted by caring and experienced servers that will make sure your dining experience is a memorable one. Our cozy dining room has quiet booths, a vibrant fully-stocked bar with 100+ bottle wine list, and a fireplace on those cold winter days. The barn board walls are covered with original historical photos of Stowe dating from the Kneale Family's 80 years living and working in the Stowe area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harrison's - Stowe - Best Restaurants in Stowe ›
Harrison's - Stowe reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)romantic (46)special occasion (46)fit for foodies (42)notable wine list (15)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (10)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Always a great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014We consistently have a great experience when we dine here. It's an all around gem of a place with terrific food and service. Small in size, but that adds to the cozy ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Very quaint and cozy spot tucked away in a basement and worth the wait. Extensive menu of freshly prepared dishes with excellent service. The chicken breast with Cabot cheese sauce and mashed potatoes is to die for, flavors blend perfectly together. One of the best meals we had in Stowe. Soup of the day Manhattan Clam Chowder couldn't have been better. Extensive gluten free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The food at Harrison's is always top quality and offers a good variety. There is nothing on the menu that I wouldn't order and try. Quality and time of preparation is very good and friendliness is over the top. We always try to make a stop when we are in the Stowe area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful subterranean venuefoodieVIPDined on 9/10/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the ambience, food & feng shui of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good, but ultimately disappointingBruceAndMariaDined on 9/2/2014Harrison's is a cozy 16 booths and tables in a basement in downtown Stowe. Mirrors, cleverly used, belie the fact that you are underground. They had some nice looking specials so while we were tempted by some intriguing items on the regular menu, we went with the specials. Everything needed salt. Not a big deal to shake on some salt, but it should come out of the kitchen tasting like the chef intends it to taste. I guess the Harrison's chef likes it bland. When the main course arrived, we asked for wine. The server apparently forgot, and by the time we reminded her and she was able to bring the wine, we were pretty deep into the meal. These are small things, but we expected better.Special Features:
- Interesting & GoodmichaeligDined on 9/2/2014Being in a basement does not increase its 'charm' - that said: The Price Edward Island Mussels were SUPERB - plentiful and delicious - it would be a shame not to mop-up all the sauce after devouring the mussels. The Steak Au Poivre was cooked perfectly with talent & care - the steak itself was delicious and the 'au poivre' was smooth, creamy and tasty without being overly peppered (a typical 'au' mistake - NOT here) Service was delightful and responsive. BEST meal we had during our month in StoweSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itFoodieDined on 8/31/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, the food, the service, and the drinks. This place was amazing and we will certainly be back.Special Features:
- snickersDined on 8/31/2014The food was very good and the ambiance was nice. We had screaming kids next to us that didn't wow us. This is not a restaurant for kids unless they can behave bc it is too pricey to deal with that. The staff was slow at refilling water and not very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOttawaDined on 8/29/2014We have been coming to Stowe and Harrison's for more than 8 years and the last two dining experiences were disappointing. All eight of us found our entrees to be extremely salty. We let Seth our waiter know all the main courses were very salty and he seemed disinterested. He did not follow up with us and didn't mention it again when clearing our table for desert or when bringing our bills. Disappointing food and even more disappointing service. We will not dine there again.
- Wonderful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We truly enjoyed our meal at Harrison's. We started with the Mussels appetizer, and the broth was so yummy we used our bread to get every last drop. I got the Crusted Ahi Ahi and my husband got Fish & Chips. My dinner was amazing, and the Fish & Chips were done perfectly, not greasy at all. My husband's English and loves this dish. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateDined on 8/27/2014Great restaurant in Stowe. The dining room is small and is in the basement of the building but it is warm and inviting; just a comfortable place to enjoy a great meal. We both had the monk fish served over couscous and it was the best meal we had in our eight weeks of traveling north from Florida. The server offered wine suggestions which turned out to be a perfect choice with our meal and we ended with a wonderful dessert. I don't know if we'll ever get back to Stowe but if we do,this restaurant will be our first choice.Special Features:
- Food Was WonderfulChewyDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed everything we tried! Most highly recommend the beet salad. Mirrors along the ceiling are artfully placed so that you have the illusion of the dining room space being larger than it really is. We will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOrangeGalDined on 8/24/2014We've dined at Harrisons several times now and each time we can count on a delicious meal. Great wine selection, cozy atmosphere and great location.Special Features:
- DinnerBadgerDined on 8/23/2014We were disappointed in the size of the mussels, they were extremely small, not up to Harrison's standards. The mussel sause is the best. The prime rib sandwich was outstanding, the fry's could be a little more crisp.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice in StoweseafordinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014All around just a great experience, we had very good food and service. Certainly the best option we explored in our time in the Stowe/Smuggler's Notch Area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindAmySDined on 8/22/2014We read many great reviews of Harrison's and decided to try it on our last night in Stowe. I only wish we had found it earlier! We had just spent a week away in Montreal and Quebec City trying lots of good restaurants but this meal was by far the best of our entire vacation. The food was delicious. The service was absolutely wonderful and the owner was lovely and extremely accommodating. We ate downstairs inside the main restaurant although there did appear to be a small outdoor eating area that looked nice. It was a nice cozy atmosphere. Harrison's will be on the top of our list next time we're in Stowe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurant!Reddlynn1Dined on 8/21/2014We recently visited Stowe, Vermont for our anniversary and decided to try a local restaurant located near our hotel. We were greeted cheerfully and seated within 5 minutes of our reservation time. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere very comfortable. Service was above average and all employees that we came in contact with were very pleasant and accommodating. Thank you for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible meal!happyvtfoodieDined on 8/18/2014This was my first visit to Harrison's and they did not disappoint! The calamari was cooked perfectly and the sesame ginger coulis complimented it perfectly. Also, the ahi tuna appetizer was out of this world, best seaweed salad I have ever eaten! My friend and I shared entrees; The steak tips were cooked to the perfect temp, they were so tender, and the shrimp and scallop scampi was incredible. I really enjoyed the goat cheese ravioli, they were delicious; overall fantastic dish. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very goodNumber5Dined on 8/18/2014We dine at Harrison's a couple of times a year and every time is as good as the previous one. The hot food is hot, tasty, beautifully presented in just the right amount. There are always enough new food items to chose from on the menu for those who do not always like to eat the same thing. The the chef has a real skill with pan sauces and servers are professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor serviceAmyCastDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I recently dined at Harrison's where we seated at a uncomfortably small booth. We arrived and ordered prior to a party of 9 only to watch their party recieve their food before us. We also noticed other tables around us were served bread while we had to ask for ours. There was 2 of us and we received 2 pieces of bread. Food was good but not worth the poor service!Special Features:
- Trendy eaterynovelwriterDined on 8/6/2014Hearing that Harrison's is definitely the place to eat in Stowe, I booked our reservations well in advance. We truly enjoyed our dining experience. I had the pan-fried rosemary gnocchi and it was lighter than air! Really wonderful. The atmosphere was nice, but realize this is a vacation/resort town so there were all types in the restaurant, including families with children who were wandering. There is outdoor, patio seating which was very popular, but we ate inside, downstairs. It was a nice ambience. We like to dress up when we go to a more expensive place, but there was no dress code and most people were very casual. Our waitress was good but not overly hovering while we dined. The menu is somewhat limited and the choices pretty trendy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great underground placeadinerDined on 8/5/2014Harrison's is probably now the best restaurant in Stowe. Don't be scared off by the location--down the stairs. The food and service arfe excellent.Special Features:
- shrimp taco dinnerlindaDined on 8/2/2014was outstanding! Cajun seasoned shrimp were perfect -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteAnneDined on 8/1/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Stowe. Great ambience, friendly, capable service and really delicious, well-prepared food. We visit Stowe every summer and this is a must-do every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good summer dining, great dessert!Mower4275Dined on 8/1/2014Good menu, with something for all tastes. We all had a different seafood entree - beer battered fish and chips, maple glazed salmon, and pecan crusted ahi tuna. All were very good, hot, and well prepared. The ciabatta bread basket was tasty. I had the house side salad and it was good also - large pieces of lettuce could have been a little smaller but that's the only issue I really had. The key lime pie dessert was AMAZING!Special Features:
- Good place to eat before the showMareDined on 7/30/2014We like going to Harrisons before the show at Stowe Theater Guild. The menu was a bit different this time and nothing really appealed to me. First off, I don't eat meat, so that limits my choices anyway. I had the tomato basil soup for an appetizer and it was quite good. I ordered a lobster risotto, which, in my estimation, was a bit small of a portion. It was ok- not as flavorful and not as big lobster chiunks as I expected. Overall, it was a decent meal but not as outstanding as I usually feel it has been in the past. Still recommend Harrisons to everyone when they are in Stowe.Special Features:
- Good but not greatvtfoodieDined on 7/29/2014This was our 4th time to Harrison's. Ambience is still good - open seating in most cases. Tight quarters but comfy and welcoming. My only gripe is the portions were smaller and the food not quite as good as we remembered it from previous visits. But still good.Special Features:
- A Stowe Gem for Fine DiningTKHinStoweDined on 7/29/2014My family and I found Harrison's to be an excellent option for fine dining. As previous reviews indicate, Harrison's is located below a local business. The restaurant is nicely decarated and welcoming. The fare is high quality as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden (underground!) gemKleejoyDined on 7/27/2014A restaurant masquerading as a pub--our favorite type of can't-tell-a-book-by-it's-cover surprise. All the warmth of a neighborhood pub coupled with the delight of some of the best food in Stowe. I've been here twice and I feel like a regular. Innovative twists on common offerings: e.g. duck quesadillas--yum! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal, great service!DebbieDined on 7/27/2014Every time we are in Stowe, it's the first place we hit! It's consistently outstanding. The mussels are to die for, as is everything on the menuSpecial Features:
- cozy little placelaxdinerDined on 7/26/2014service was good. Needed support from hostess. food is tasty not too basic but not too exotic. everyone at our table had something different and enjoyed it. I would return and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Short of Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Dad and three 13 year old boys. Ate apps, entrees and deserts and every plate went back clean. Local beers on tap, had Switchback. I would highly recommend this place. I eat out a lot with travel and this is one of my favorites. Staff was very friendly and super attentive. We ate there Friday night and all three kids were still talking about it on Sunday and wanted to eat there for lunch before we left town. Unfortunately dinner only!Special Features:
- A Favorite In StoweFood4ThoughtDined on 7/22/2014No trip to Stowe would be complete without dinner at Harisson's! Great staff, great menu, and amazing beer selection including local favorites like Heady Topper and Heart of Lothian. Reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerPattyDined on 7/22/2014Dinner was excellent-striped bass was the special. Our servers were very attentive but not overly. The outside dining was available but on a slightly muggy night we opted for the restaurant and it was very cool. I would highly recommend to anyone to go Harrison's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food - excellent servicevicnsherryDined on 7/22/2014My wife and I loved our dining experience at harrisons. We started with a cup of soup, she loved her golden beet and I enjoyed the French onion soup. She ordered the striped bass special and enjoyed every bite. Fish was seasoned well and beautifully cooked. I ordered The salmon and it was moist and flakey. The rice and salad complemented the fish. Our server provided spot on service. Best service we have experienced anywhere. We will eat here again. Thank you for an amazing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dg45Dined on 7/19/2014This is a very allergy friendly restaurant. It is a little tight in the bar area but the booths have plenty of room.Special Features:
- Over rated food experience.TravelfoodieDined on 7/18/2014Although highly rated in various sites and shows in the full dinning room. We found the food lacking in flavor and taste. Service was quite efficient. Would not return again.
- Best mussels I have had in yearOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Harrison's mussels appetizer was so good I used a spoon for the broth. Would have licked the bowl at home... Server was very pleasant, all the wait staff worked well together. Great value for the dollarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfied.OhiotravelerDined on 7/14/2014Stowe is our favorite spot for a variety of above-average eating establishments, and Harrison's is one of our favorites in Stowe. If you are looking for reasonably-priced upscale food and/or a cozy, romantic atmosphere, this is your place. Service is very attentive but not intrusive. Be advised that reservations are a really good idea, as this place is not a secret, and for good reason.Special Features:
- First timeOntheroadDined on 7/13/2014We visited for the first time and not the last. Good menu for both meat and fish - steaks served as requested. Fish cooked to perfection. Knowledgable server especially on wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.