Harrington's Pub & Kitchen
177 Fleet Street
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Harrington's Pub & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harringtonspubandkitchen.com/
- Phone: 3019092505x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 1:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Anthony Salvato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Flexible menus and services depending on the event and location, please contact Paige Blankenship at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entertainment: Regular live Irish inspired entertainment Tuesday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Cross Street: Fleet Street
- Public Transit: Green Line to Branch Ave and the NH1 Bus to National Harbor.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are several garages surrounding Harrington's, the closest is actually in the same building, and is called the Mariner Garage with entrances on Waterfront Street, and Mariner Passage.
A word from Harrington's Pub & Kitchen
Harrington’s Pub & Kitchen provides hearty Irish cuisine and classic pub favorites in a uniquely traditional and cozy setting. With a vast array of Irish Whisky’s as well as other spirits, Harrington’s is certain to meet the needs of all its patrons from beginners to connoisseurs. Ask about joining our Whiskey Club or use of our 'Pour your own Draft' Tables in our bar area for a fun filled happy hour or celebratory event. Featuring the most extensive craft beer collection in National Harbor, be sure to sample any one of our microbrews from the most popular local, national and international brewers. Offering live Irish inspired entertainment with well-known local artists for week night and weekend fun, Harrington's also hosts monthly fun filled special events with full, live bands! Available for semi-private and fully private events, Harrington's is perfect for casual or formal arrangements of all kinds! Inquire about customized catering packages and open bar options!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Harrington's Pub & Kitchen - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Harrington's Pub & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Expensive for what you getUSAF9Dined on 9/20/2014Tried this place for a late lunch prior to a show in National Harbor. Beer and food were good. Nothing special. My wife and I both had the fish and chips. Two - not so big - pieces of fish and French fries for $21. Seemed a bit much. If I was in area for something else, might eat there again. But, would not go out of my way for it.
- great ambianceluvJesusDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I really enjoyed the ambiance of this pub. Happy hour had half price beers and food which was perfect since we had been stuffing ourselves all week in Charleston and really didn't want a huge meal. The service was great - very friendly and informative (we didn't know what "flights" were ;-)Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFFFanVIPDined on 9/14/2014Great location for dining before/after Cirque du Soleil!! We were very happy with diining outside, and the food as delicious. Our server was amazing!!Special Features:
- Great food! Server was slow...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014The food we had was excellent. However, the server was slow and unattentive. The manager addressed our concerns about the facilities quickly. The bar area and live music were far too loud. We were glad we were seated in the back of the restaurant. We will try this place again if we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Large Format Irish "Pub"JMKtravelsalotVIPDined on 8/16/2014The space is very large so you don't have to wait for a table. Booths offer some dining privacy, but it seems to be a place that attracts large groups. This is good for grabbing lunch or dinner if you are hanging out in the harbor area or attending a nearby event. Very kid friendly. Large menu with lots of variety. I had the crab mac n cheese which was great.Special Features:
- Slow and "meh"EaterVIPDined on 8/9/2014The service was slow and the food wasn't anything more than basic bar food even though it's descriptions are more fancy. My "brioche" roll was a hamburger bun.
- Mediocre foodfoodie123Dined on 8/8/2014The restaurant looked like a fun pace to drink and watch live music, but the food was mediocre. I shared a Rueben sandwich, a salad, and crispy Rueben bites I believe with friends and the Rueben was weak, especially since it was an Irish place. I would go there to drink, but not to eat again.Special Features:
- Don't go here for the beer!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Their "house" brew taste stale and taste like a "keg of Yuengling that was left out in the sun all day". And the value you get when you order food-not up to par. Service is better then what you think. But a restaurant in National Harbor-on a Sat. night-with PLENTLY of people around still only has a 15-20 minute wait, while everyone else is an hour. Says something.
- Distinctive, fun casual dinner spotCVilleHenryDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed an early Saturday dinner here with my fiance before the Cirque du Soleil show playing about 2 blocks away. The selection of beers and whiskeys is almost overwhelming. We shared the Tavern Pretzels (soft pretzels with Guinness fondue), Shepherd's pie & Fish & Chips, + bread pudding with whiskey sauce for dessert. Food was tasty and exactly as we expected. Service was friendly and competent without being obtrusive. We had an excellent enclosed & curtained booth in the dining room, better than what we expected. The live entertainment in the adjoining bar area was a bit sub-par though and sounded more like Country & Western than anything authentically Irish e.g. 'Folsom Prison'. All in all, an excellent experience.
- Good ExperienceFoodiefooDined on 7/25/2014A good experience. The server was excellent and very attentive. She did serve her very first bottle of wine and did a good job with the process. She was learning while on the job. The food was delicious and the atmosphere friendly. The live music was in the adjacent room and didn't seem to over-power the conversation in the Dining Room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 144 reviews are from the Harrington's Pub & Kitchen reviews archive.
- 3 times a charm?FunFamilyGroupVIPDined on 6/24/2014We were told this place was a great place to grab a good late night snack. The ambiance was great and our server was charismatic. However, when he took our order he didn't write anything down and this was for 6 of us. The order was not difficult so we didn't think anything of it. But, when our orders came out 3 of the 6 dishes were completely wrong. We sent them back, reminded him of what we ordered and when they came out again, they were, once again wrong. We corrected him and again and when the third plates came out 2 of them were still wrong. At this point we just didn't say anything took what we had, ate and left. The food was OK but not anything I would rave about.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/7/2014Sub-par food served in a get-em-in-get-em-out atmosphere. Mediocre would be a step up. People were nice but not entirely helpful.
- Don't botherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014The food was overpriced and unexciting Sat outside because inside add dingy bar atmosphere Was with friends and trying to talk but motorcycles kept zooming by on "quiet" Fleet Street Disappointing
- Mother's Day Brunch BuffetMrzButtrWorthDined on 5/11/2014The food was room temperature. The cook at the omelet station didn't have gloves on. So, if you wanted cheese, he picked it up with his hands. He should've used a spoon or tongs for sanitary reasons. The pub could've offered bottomless mimosas since it's a brunch. The ladies bathroom was disgusting.Special Features:
- Great beer list but...SisterSpikeDined on 5/2/2014We were drawn in by the more than 60 bottled craft beers. The sign outside said $1 off craft beers during Happy Hour. It did NOT clearly say that it ONLY applied in the bar area, not the dining area. What difference does THAT make?? Service was prompt and sweet but she took our knives when she cleared the bread plates and we couldn't cut our meat. The Bangers seemed too dry and the mash was cool. The turkey burger was tasteless although the toppings and salad were good. I was concerned about the doneness of the burger as well and in retrospect should have sent it back. We were there early so we couldn't judge the liveliness of the crowd but there was a singer who provided nice background music.
- at least the whiskey isn't badwealsidehitterDined on 4/27/2014I had the chicken pot pie. Its not an appealing interpretation. Too peppery and not well executed. My wife had the bangers and mash. The sausages were flavorless and over cooked. The mashed potates were under spiced.
- FishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Stopped in for a quick dinner on a Friday in Lent - decided to have fish and chips - fish was OK one piece well cooked other (much thicker piece) was under cooked, probably cooked for same length of time. Chips were great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchCarolDined on 3/9/2014Ladies out for late Sunday lunch…we found the place surprisingly empty. Plenty of staff on hand who gave us a friendly greeting. Very nice decor and ambiance, what you'd expect for an Irish pub kind of place. We ordered salads which were quite nice but disappointed that traditional Irish soda bread was "still in the oven" and not available! Other than salad, we each had coffee and bread and spent $25 per person. That seems like a big bill considering all we ate was lettuce and bread! Plus, waiter did not offer to warm up our coffee and we had to keep asking. Considering the place was empty, we were surprised we had to almost beg for attention. Summary: too expensive for what we got and the service was lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Irish PubEdandSueVIPDined on 3/8/2014Went on a Saturday. Recommend a reservation to avoid a 30 min wait for a table. Good burgers, good music, Goodbar scene.Special Features:
- Meal was unimpressive for the $$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014My companion ordered the crab cakes which she liked. The French fries were the "crisped", frozen kind ala Sysco. At these prices can't we ever get real potatoes cut up for fries? My local diner does it. My bangers n mash were ok. Definitely NOT worth the $18 price. Worse were the carrots and peas side that were still mainly frozen. Service was great! Overall: meh - try elsewhere.
- I died and went to heavencelticmusicloverDined on 3/1/2014One of the best meals I have had in ages! The entire waitstaff was attentive and everyone was checking in on us and offering refills etc. The meal was amazing and cooked to perfection. The portions are huge. The only downside is that it was full of kids running around. Granted with the location and it being a Saturday at noon it was expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMeganDined on 2/23/2014The Shepherd's pie is wonderful and a good portion. You must get the bread pudding, the other choices are also good ( apple crisp and brownie sundae). We went early on a Sunday evening. Made reservations based on other times I have been there, Friday and Saturday evening you really should make reservations, especially if they have entertainment. I have not experienced the tap table, but they have them in the bar section ( 2 sections, bar and dining area)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, mediocre foodOTRFDined on 2/22/2014The restaurant was noisy and was made worse by the live music in the bar, which was very loud and filtered into the restaurant. When the musician took breaks, the staff piped in background music that was too loud. That, combined with mediocre food, made this spot unimpressive. I will not go back.
- Excellent restaurant4fordinnerDined on 2/14/2014The food is excellent and the atmosphere is very nice. The waitstaff is friendly. We haven't had a problem going here though when they have a band, it is understandably loud in the bar area if you are just wishing to talk. A wonderful place to go whenever I'm in National Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfultaraDined on 1/22/2014We absolutely love irish food and drinks since traveling to Dublin. Harrington's is a nice restaurant to visit when we miss the Irish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected SurpriseChrisDined on 1/20/2014Great pub atmosphere without being overly loud. The steak was some of the best I've had, which was an unexpected pleasant surprise. Service was good, and food came out hot and appropriately timed.Special Features:
- NYE 2013OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013Had a memorable time with friends at Harrington's this NYE. They combined our separate reservations and accomodated our group very nicely!Special Features:
- Not for brunchColoradoDined on 12/29/2013Harringtons only does breakfast/brunch on Sundays. Food was mediocre and came out only lukewarm. Potatoes with her greasy. Waitress was not attentive or friendly even though restaurant was empty when we arrived. National Harbor seems to lack a really good breakfast place.
- Christmas MealPhilDined on 12/25/2013Good spot for special occasions as well as casual dining. Entrees were excellent, including the Shepherds Pie, Garlic Stteak and Caesar salad with shrimp. Noticed many families in attendance.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013We went at 5:00 on a Wednesday, so we practically had the place to our selves in the restaurant dinning area, though people were in the bar having drinks and watching sports. The food was good, we brought our 2.5 yr old son and they were very kid friendly. The dining area was quiet, but there are still TVs on the wall throughout the place to watch sports on. I would definitely go here again with my family for dinner or with some buddies for some beers and a game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable Irish PubirishwhiskeyDined on 12/11/2013Super impressive whiskey list. Excellent Pub food - our group enjoyed the delicious Shepherds Pie, full plate of well-spiced burger and perfectly cooked tuna. A bit loud - but what you'd look for in a Pub. Service was very attentive, but not pesky. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food was okay, nothingCharlieDined on 12/5/2013Our food was okay, nothing to write home about. The crab cakes were good but again, nothing special, I have had better but I live in Southern Maryland and am spoiled by the way we do crab cakes down here. 3 of us ate and with 2 drinks each, the total bill was $138 which is pricey, but not pricey for National Harbour.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our first visit!luvLaTascaDined on 11/30/2013Waiter was friendly and attentive. Orders were served in a timely fashion and were correct. Nice atmosphere and respite from the cold.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/28/2013Avoided the Thanksgiving crowds. Pleasantly surprised with the menu selection for a pub. The tuna steak was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appeasing appetizersTnT218Dined on 10/18/2013The appetizers were very good, in fact we toyed with the idea of ordering a bunch of appetizers instead of an entree. We had the lobster Mac and cheese which was really good (could have done without the breadcrumb topping). We had the mushroom toast which was really flavorful, the bread was really crusty and the mushrooms were in a delectable sauce. The ambiance was nice, the booths have curtains on either side and create a personal atmosphere. We will be back to try more appetizers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicous andAuntmoDined on 10/12/2013The food was delicous and the atmosphere was very nice. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good "pub grub" but a bitmorandcVIPDined on 9/21/2013Good "pub grub" but a bit over priced. Service was very good. Bar was packed. Not a bad place if you are looking for a meal in National Harbor. Stay away from the fish & chips; very greasy.Special Features:
- DisappointedAtleastonceayeartouristDined on 8/31/2013Being this was our first visit, and this being a tourist area, I was looking for a little more excitement from the restaurant itself. While the service was good, it was rather boring. The server did not mention anything about the selection of brews they offered which supposedly was extensive. And of course pricey. Food was good.Special Features:
- Good food and service. RatedBobbyDined on 8/28/2013Good food and service. Rated them slightly lower because our entrees came out at the same time as our appetizer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of "Outs"NHVisitorDined on 6/30/2013We made reservations because it was recommended but there really weren't many people there. The waitress took our drink order quickly and then went over a long list of things they were out of. We had the bread pudding for dessert and were told we had gotten the last 2 pieces. It looked as if we got the last piece just cut in half for $9 each. Nothing memorable about the place. Great list of beer, however. It would be good for stopping in for a quick drink.Special Features: