Harrington's Pub & Kitchen
177 Fleet Street
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Harrington's Pub & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harringtonspubandkitchen.com/
- Phone: (301) 909-2505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 1:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Anthony Salvato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Flexible menus and services depending on the event and location, please contact Paige Blankenship at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entertainment: Regular live Irish inspired entertainment Tuesday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Cross Street: Fleet Street
- Public Transit: Green Line to Branch Ave and the NH1 Bus to National Harbor.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are several garages surrounding Harrington's, the closest is actually in the same building, and is called the Mariner Garage with entrances on Waterfront Street, and Mariner Passage.
A word from Harrington's Pub & Kitchen
Harrington’s Pub & Kitchen provides hearty Irish cuisine and classic pub favorites in a uniquely traditional and cozy setting. With a vast array of Irish Whisky’s as well as other spirits, Harrington’s is certain to meet the needs of all its patrons from beginners to connoisseurs. Ask about joining our Whiskey Club or use of our 'Pour your own Draft' Tables in our bar area for a fun filled happy hour or celebratory event. Featuring the most extensive craft beer collection in National Harbor, be sure to sample any one of our microbrews from the most popular local, national and international brewers. Offering live Irish inspired entertainment with well-known local artists for week night and weekend fun, Harrington's also hosts monthly fun filled special events with full, live bands! Available for semi-private and fully private events, Harrington's is perfect for casual or formal arrangements of all kinds! Inquire about customized catering packages and open bar options!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Harrington's Pub & Kitchen - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Harrington's Pub & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Good quality Irish Pub rightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012Good quality Irish Pub right in middle of National Harbor.Special Features:
- Although the serves was veryJoVnDined on 9/29/2012Although the serves was very friendly, the service was less than timely. Appetizers were served without plates, which had to be requested. There was significant delay in requested beverages, this all during an early afternoon when the restaurant was not extremely busy. Have been to Harrington's before, and was surprised by the less than average service. Invited a friend to come with us based on past experience, would not do so again.
- Good Sandwiches in National HarborOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2012The food was good, although for an almost empty restaurant the service was very slow and the waiter messed up part of our order.
- Really was let down by thisJohnVIPDined on 9/7/2012Really was let down by this restaurant. It shouold have been a sign that at 630 on a Friday, the place was pretty empty!! The soup was not hot, the pasta dish was not hot, but overcooked and looked like garbage. The Salmon special was good, so I gave two stars. The bread pudding....NOT AT ALL BREAD PUDDING, it was a square puck that had to have been microwaved! The service was the bright spot here, you cant knock the front line folks for whats happening in the kitchen!
- Wonderful Irish Pub with greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2012Wonderful Irish Pub with great food and service in National Harbor.Special Features:
- Not happyPatzinniaDined on 9/2/2012We got there and order Soda Bread, they said they were out. This was at 6:30 on a Sunday. We kept on asking when it was done and she told us it took to long. We were there over an hour. The pot pie was ok you couldn't see or taste any vegetables, fish was soggy, not crisp. Apple crisp no crisp!!Special Features:
- Off Their GameTravelingCAGirlVIPDined on 9/2/2012I really wanted to rate Harrington's higher, but the restaurant seemed really off its game and our brunch was so disappointing. That said, we will give it another chance soon. There must be something to like in a place with such nice servers and such a great selection of whiskey. The first hint of trouble was in a customer ahead of us unfairly berating a server because the hostess was nowhere to be found. The second hint was an empty buffet line, with what dishes remained cold. Despite bringing this to our server's attention, it remained empty and cold for at least 20 more minutes (or we missed the new food). I raised this with the manager, who apologized. Seems there were more customers than expected. We'll see what happens next time.
- Our server was pleasant, theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2012Our server was pleasant, the food was mostly good, although the pesto pasta dish was bland...needed a lot of salt. The menu seemed varied and the dishes were a mix of traditional Irish with a nouveau cuisine twist, along with non-Irish cuisine. We were the only ones sitting outside on a Friday night, which was nice for private dining but made me wonder why the place wasn't hopping on a Friday night. Perhaps during this Labor Day holiday weekend, people were out of town? I would go back again.Special Features:
- Major impression:needs muchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2012Major impression:needs much better management. Only one waiter at lunchtime & one bartender who assisted waiter as best she could. Food was a big disappointment.Corned beef on Reuben sandwich was too thick. Told waiter who checked with kitchen, returned and explained that the thick meat was due to a new chef who had sliced the meat too thick. Once it was cut it had to be used. Waiter did more than was required, but he couldn't off set the lack of help. party of four- one was happy with salad, another thought the chicken pie was good, a third found the pot pie unsatisfactory, and I was more than displeased with the reuben. We won't return until and unless Harrington's reputation improves considerably.
- Harrington's had a very casualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Harrington's had a very casual and comfortable feel. The layout made it comfortable for those wanting to grab a drink with friend, dinner with family, or for being out on a date. I had the steak and the house salad which were excellent. In regards to the service, our server was very attentive. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- We were very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012We were very impressed with Harrington's Pub and Kitchen in National Harbor. We went for dinner prior to seeing a show. The food was delicious with portions that were generous without being over-the-top. Our server was attentive and very professional. Everyone in our party enjoyed the restaurant and agreed that, on future trips to National Harbor, we will definitely be back.
- Good food and Irish musicJimboDined on 8/18/2012Good food and Irish music much of the night. Restaurant decor rather bland for an "Irish pub." Waiter seemed a bit overwhelmed but did an OK job.Special Features:
- When we arrived at 10:45 forGMechVIPDined on 8/12/2012When we arrived at 10:45 for brunch the place was deserted. We almost thought that the untouched buffet brunch was meant for a private party that was yet to arrive. Omelette station was great. The rest of the offerings seemed a but reconstituted. Service was excellent, as were the mimosas.
- Great atmosphereDespinaVIPDined on 7/29/2012They're brunch menu was interesting and worth the money but the food wasn't exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food!catgrrl24Dined on 7/28/2012We were impressed with our dinner at Harrington's. I had the special which was cod topped with crabcake, and my friends had shepherd's pie and corned beef & cabbage. My potatoes were a little oily but they tasted great. The fish & crabmeat were delicious. Even our buffalo wing appetizer was good. The only thing we weren't crazy about was the Irish Soda Bread, but we wanted to try it. The drinks were pricy ($12 per cocktail) but they were good. We will go back again!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2012We really enjoyed our first visit to Harrington's. The fish 'n chips rocked! Rare to find a place where BOTH the fish AND the chips were good. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Not the best experience.TOPPDAWGDined on 7/20/2012The place was not busy at all. I ordered a turkey burger it came out pink throughout. I sent It back and told them e are not in a hurry do please have them remake the burger. The server returned to the table a short time later with my "New" turkey burger only to find that the took the same burger and cooked it some more and re topped the same burger. The Burger was still not cooked and they sent it out with the half eaten side which was cold at that time as well. Our server was totally embarrassed and apologetic. Then the manager came out and was also very concerned and offered me another one . At this time I had lost my appetite but figured I should have them try a third time. The new burger comes out and was cooked but tasted bad.
- Highly recommend.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2012I've eaten at Irish places all over the U.S. and this, by FAR exceeded anything I've experienced. I had the lamb which was ... oh, WOW! I sat in the restaurant to eat and then went into the bar to listen to the live Irish music. The musician was funny, as well as, talented. I cannot handle cigarette smoke and was pleasantly surprised to find that the only difference between the restaurant and the bar was the "bar" and the musician. Lovely clean and charming place. Lots of dark wood which appealed to me. The next day a group of us went for lunch and had the same exceptional experience. I read a review that said the prices were not on the menu. That might have been true at one time but all prices were there when I went. Treat yourselSpecial Features:
- Stay awayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012Harrington's is located near busy hotels and is clearly not worried about building repeat business among the locals. The food was terrible, everything was overpriced and it was a terribly disappointing experience. We started with the sausage rolls. It turned out to be a common frankfurter, sliced and wrapped in pastry, covered in yellow mustard -- pigs in a blanket for $12. Then, I had the Reuben sandwich and my companion ordered corned beef and cabbage. We got lots of corned beef and not much else. She had a tiny portion of cabbage, my sandwich had a small smear of sauerkraut that I couldn't taste. The beers we ordered cost more than expected (the prices are not on the menu.) We probably will not be going back.
- Disappointing Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012We went to Harrington's for Mother's Day expecting Irish food and a promise of a rose. No rose was provided. A sign at the entry advertised free Mimosas and Bloody Marys, but didn't indicate that that was only until 1 pm. When we asked for another Mimosa at 1:03 pm, we were told they were no longer available. The Sunday/Mother's Day Brunch (not advertised, but only available food until 1 pm) had no Irish food other than bangers. The made-to-order omelets were essentially scrambled eggs mixed with ingredients, even though the Executive Chef was making them. All in all, a disappointing Mother's Day meal.Special Features:
- Went for Sunday Brunch. TheValerieDined on 5/13/2012Went for Sunday Brunch. The eggs and French toast were a little dry, but other than that, the staff was great and the restaurant had a great atmosphere. Certainly won't keep me away. Their bar area looks great, my next trip there would have to be in the evening.Special Features:
- LOUD live music we had toDragonflyVIPDined on 5/11/2012LOUD live music we had to sit outside to escape. Server mixed up wine order. TWICE. Food was mediocre. I wouldn't go back.
- Great Food and service atOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/14/2012Great Food and service at the national harbor. If your in the mood for Irish food and atmosphere. Harrington's Pub is the place for youSpecial Features:
- First time dining. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/8/2012First time dining. Great food, atmosphere and location.
- Just average. Salad a littleGFResDined on 3/3/2012Just average. Salad a little skimpy. Bun on burger just fair and detracted from the sandwich. Fries were nothing special.Special Features:
- Ordered an appetizer withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012Ordered an appetizer with our meals. The appetizer never came out, had to ask for it. It came out after our meals. When food arrived it looked great. Asked for lamb chops to be cooked medium. They came out rare (very rare). I sent them back and the second time got the lamb chops cooked perfectly. Lamb chops seasoned well. Pub fry appetizer kind of bland. Bill came out and manager came to table and took lamb chops off of bill because of the mistake. The restaurant did the correct their issue by taking it off the bill and were very apologetic for the mistake. Manager was very nice and knowledgeable.
- Harrington's Pub is a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/1/2012Harrington's Pub is a great place to get a quick lunch during the weekday for those who work at National Harbor. They even offer discounts to National Harbor employees. Shantell and Jimmy are efficient, friendly, and do an outstanding job behind the bar.Special Features:
- The fish and chips was good,GoodFoodDined on 2/23/2012The fish and chips was good, but the Shepherds pie was awesome! Better than what I had in Ireland. Will go back.Special Features:
- There is a new Irish pub atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012There is a new Irish pub at the National Harbor. The food and service were very good when we visited. We will be back.Special Features:
- No one was there but us- timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/26/2012No one was there but us- time of day. We celebrate a birthday lunch and our waitress was terrific. Food was tasty - great chefSpecial Features:
- My guest and I enjoyed buffaloOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2012My guest and I enjoyed buffalo wings, a rather large burger with all the toppings & curly fries & Fish and chips that consisted of a flaky, done just right large fillet of fish & steak fries! We bought food home. Our server Mark was very hospitable, had some conversation with us & made sure we had what we needed. Way to go Harringtons...we will be back.
- So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2012Nice turkey burger for a sports bar. I did not really see any truly Irish fare, though. The ambiance is great on the sports bar side, while very quiet and reserved on the restaurant seating side. The service was only so-so. Enjoyed it, but I would not recommend it for a night out. This place would perhaps be a great happy hour spot.Special Features:
- Had to send Chicken pot pieJANandRonDined on 1/12/2012Had to send Chicken pot pie back. Only 2 peices of chicken and was undercooked. Host was very rude, and would not accomodate our table request, even thought we were (literally) the only party in the restaurant at noon for lunch. Server was excellent though.
- food was great, atomsphereannthony98Dined on 12/31/2011food was great, atomsphere was good and staff was on pointSpecial Features:
- Solid.KingstowneGuyDined on 12/29/2011After an event at Nationl Harbor, our family of five, including kids 2, 7 and 9 went for dinner. Stick to Irish traditional fare and you will be in good shape. Well done black and tan Excellent service!Special Features:
- Nice place to have ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011Nice place to have Christmas Dinner. The restaurant did not take advantage of the day and charge a ridiculous amount for dinner.
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2011Great food and great service. Especially appreciate the staff's assistance in allowing us to add additional people to our reservation when the on-line site wouldn't.Special Features:
- When in National Harbor, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2011When in National Harbor, especially for a convention, you are stuck with the restaurants in the area, because otherwise it is isolated. While they accomodated two more in my initial reservation when I called the same day, it took over an hour to receive our meals. In addition, the server spilled a tray of beer on two people in my party, and the manager never even came over to check on us or offer to pay for the dry cleaning of their coats. And the food was really average. Fish and chips are hand-dipped which is good; everything is pretty greasy.
- I got sick from the turkeyAlexandraDined on 12/10/2011I got sick from the turkey burger I decided upon, but it was still delicious and I'd go back to try it again.Special Features:
- We were a few minutes earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/9/2011We were a few minutes early for our reservation and had to wait, understandably. However, they then proceeded to seat a group of 10 with no reservation. Then they put us in a small empty room, behind a curtain and where the kitchen door was. Didnt really experience the real restaurant so can't give it a good review for what we experienced. Friend had the lamb sandwich, she liked the meat but the bread was too hard and she could not eat.