Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant
34555 Golden Lantern
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.windandsearestaurants.com/harpoonhenrys/home.htm
- Phone: 9494932933
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Guadalupe Silva
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Full private party and banquet facilities which accommodates up to 100 with a sweeping view of the harbor.
- Private Party Contact: Bob Conrad 9494932933
- Entertainment: Weekend Entertainment
A word from Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant
Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant is located on the water in the Dana Point Harbor. Our magnificent view and delicious cuisine has delighted our guests for over 30 years. We offer a wide variety of fresh seafood as well as Prime Steaks, with a large selection of appetizers. We have an extensive wine list featuring over 100 selections, with most being highly rated by the Wine Spectator. We are open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week and offer a popular Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-7 in our lounge. Our waterfront patio offers our full menu for both lunch and dinner. The full menu is also available in our comfortable fireplace lounge, with entertainment provided Friday and Saturday evenings. Our friendly staff, excellent food, and Harbor setting will make your visit a memorable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Dana Point ›
Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (33)special occasion (17)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (13)good for groups (12)romantic (10)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- TheresaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014The food and service was Fantastic!!!! Next time I'm in California I will be back! Ask for Jason to be your server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUNCH TIMEFLORAFUNADined on 9/15/2014FOOD WAS OVER THE TOOP, GREAT TASTE, & PROPERLY PREPARED. LOVED OUR WAITER, EXCELLENT SERVICE. LOVED THE DECOR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic Harbor ViewSuzanneVIPDined on 8/18/2014It appeared to be a bus stop for groups of seniors. Food is outdated with most items breaded, with a lack of healthy items. Our server said if we ordered without the breading, the fish piece would be too small. The happy hour bar area was full...all seniors...perhaps locals. We sat by the window overlooking the boats, so the view was lovely. We were able to get the swordfish blackened and not breaded and it was good. They offered potatoes only one way and only one vegetable. Definitely would not go back.Special Features:
- daricDined on 8/11/2014Great venue overlooking the harbor. Good service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harpoon Henry'sGrouchoBDined on 8/5/2014I hadn't been to the restaurant for about a year, and generally find my way there one or two times each year. Everything was up to my expectations, both food and service were excellent (the lady I was with and I both had the Atlantic salmon and it was well worth the trip). Very nice place for a terrific meal and a nice walk by the boats afterward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Harbor ViewSometimedinerDined on 8/5/2014We had an early-ish dinner. The view and ambiance we outstanding. We loved our meals. That said, the service both bar and food, left a bit to be desired. Still lived our meal and would recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View of HarborTracyDined on 8/3/2014We had lunch on a Sunday. It was not very busy. The service was excellent and the food was surprisingly good. We had no complaints about anything. Overlooks the Dana Point Harbor.Special Features:
- Don't miss this!JackVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had a great experience with great food and service, plus a nice view. Marc, our waiter was the best. He was very attentive and extremely friendly. We enjoyed the food for their taste and variety. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a casual mealPBlocalDined on 7/18/2014This is a good place for a casual meal. The food is standard seafood fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2014The calamari is great and so is the tartar sauce. All of their food is delicious and the service is great too.Special Features:
- Great ViewChrisLDined on 6/15/2014Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant may not be the best place you will ever eat but you will love the boardwalk scene and great view of the harbor. I have been there at least 10 times in the last 3 years because my dad likes it and i love the view. We went there for fathers day 2014 and I was very impresses that the OpenTable app worked so well that there was less than a 1 minute wait on a really busy daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- squonkDined on 6/14/2014The meals are always perfect and service excellentSpecial Features:
- The following 241 reviews are from the Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant reviews archive.
- HHSTEVEDined on 5/16/2014Great find in Dana Point Harbor. Absolutely fantastic. Most touristy places are mediocre at best, Harpoon Henry's breaks the mold. Everything was outstanding, the food, the service, the ambiance and most of all the view. Take a date, go with friends you wont be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening on the Harbor!LOVETODINEDined on 5/10/2014Compliments to everyone there! Greeted with smiling and courteous people who accomodated our party immediately! We asked for a window seat, as is instructed on Open Table, and was escorted to a lovely table overlooking the rows and rows of sailboats. Perfect! The waitstaff (especially our server) was "spot on" from the moment we arrived. Food delicious, as always, from drinks to dessert. My family and I eat there quite often, so this is just one review....but every time we go to the bar, the outside seating area and the restaurant upstairs five stars is always our review. Great Job!Special Features:
- A great time in Dana PointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014A good Harbor view with excellent food. The high point was the service from our waiter Marc - he was fantastic. The bar was a lot of fun with entertainment - Scott Robertson (OC Elvis) was very entertaining. I definitely will return.Special Features:
- Dana Point and thousands of boatsgoodchoice99Dined on 5/2/2014A very pleasant location, good food, and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Views were gorgeous, food was okayLeighBDined on 4/30/2014I ate here while visiting the area for a meeting, and I was blown away by the scenery but unimpressed by the food. I sat right by the window so had a breathtaking view of the harbor and the ocean at sunset. The food, however, was not particularly good – the clam chowder was kind of mealy, and the blackened shrimp that I had added to my salad weren't actually blackened but were "cajuned". I know this may seem like a subtle distinction, but the fact that the chefs either don't know the difference or tried to make that substitution without any mention to me was disappointing. Also, the Caesar dressing wasn't really good. Generally, I think there are just too many other good restaurants right in the immediate vicinity to eat at this one again.Special Features:
- happy serverssmileDined on 4/24/2014The calamari steak is buttery, tender, & delicious. It's a deal at happy hour. The servers are happy and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Easter was, as expected, busy and our food came lukewarm instead of hot, but it was still good. The house champagne was excellent and the service was quite good until the end when our server got so busy that another server had to bring us our check and then I had to go find the manager to pay it as everyone was too busy to come back and pick it up. I still left a good tip though. These people work hard. I would come again as I really like the restaurant, it was just an unusually busy day due to Easter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot appetizer but OK.GmanDined on 4/20/2014Service was slow due to Easter. They forgot our appetizer, not a huge issue. Server was friendly and outgoing. Food is OK for a chain, you're there more for the view and chance to relax a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Menue has notpickyVIPDined on 4/4/2014Food was good. Menue has not changed in a long time. So more specials would be appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/4/2014We had a nice dinner and the food was good. It's not an outstanding restaurant but the view of the harbor is nice and the service very good. We have been to their Happy Hour before and that's a great deal and very popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great surprisedonnaDined on 4/3/2014Usually leary of restaurants in tourist area but this was a great surprise. Service and food were excellent. Views are lovely and cost was reasonable. Will be back next time we are in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickypickyVIPDined on 4/2/2014We were quite late. 9 ish. & were going to eat in the bar. Hostess welcomed us to a waterside table. I said we were not having a full dinner & they gave us bar menue & dinner. Ended up with a seafood salad. & 1 dinner. Very good. Had a triple decker tuna crab rice with 3 great sauces 1 spicy. I recommend for late dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great FoodJoyceDined on 3/29/2014The mac and cheese with truffle was outstanding. The champagne was extra cold. Yummy.Special Features:
- Great view at a good price!BreakofdayDined on 3/26/2014Dana Harbor offers several choices of restaurants however, Harpoon Henry's is my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Up to ParPleasantVIPDined on 3/21/2014We have patronized Harpoon Henry's for over 30 years and the experience was well below acceptable. Our food was extremely late and nothing was offered for the inconvenience. The restaurant was not that busy based on the number of vacant tables. We should have been offered a reasonable explanation and maybe a drink or appetizer for the delay. After our meal we were never offered a desert menu. We had to flag the waiter down to receive our bill. As a long time customer who still misses the stuffed mushrooms this is unacceptable especially with more competition in the area.Special Features:
- Calamari HeavenLarryDined on 3/1/2014Eaten in the bar for years but last week we ate in the restaurant and we're not disappointed. The food was great as always. I had my usual calamari steak and it was as usual Fabulous. Service could have been better but the food, view and ambiance overshadowed the service issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Our valentines dinner was wonderful. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dayBk42Dined on 2/14/2014Food and service were good...not great. Paying for location on the water. Asked for empty table by window, but placed in booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting OpenTable pointstosuDined on 2/5/2014The hostess didn't know what to do so we would get our OpenTable points. When I asked to speak to the Manager, he said she'd only been working three days. So when we left I mentioned that to her and she said "I've been here for several months." Now I know why there have been four or five times we didn't get the points we earned. This needs to be addressed by OpenTable and the restaurant managementSpecial Features:
- Good find, good food, good locationtravelerDined on 1/27/2014Stopped on a slow night in Dana Point. Didn't need a reservation. Walked in and our group of 4 had a window booth. The waiter, Dave (?) was great. Personable and knowledgable. The menu is good...lots of seafood options. I wouldn't say it's the best seafood I've ever had, but I would certainly go back...would skip the scallops and the Ono, but the macadamia mahi mahi was killer and the coconut shrimp was perfect. The ambiance has something to be desired. It feels very much like an old supper club. I can't imagine you'd see a younger crowd in here (my group was the youngest...but we were one of about 3 tables with diners). It's very dark and "older" with a good view of the harbor. Overall a good experience and wouldn't hesitate to come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was ok. The breedingpickyVIPDined on 1/20/2014Everything was ok. The breeding or crumbs on maimai were very soggy. Why not just sauté The sUse for the seafood combo was very very sweet & sticky. Could do better.
- Had lunch there last SaturdayBobTVIPDined on 1/11/2014Had lunch there last Saturday and got a table by the window overlooking the water. The restaurant was quiet, the service was very good. Everyone in our party of four was pleased with the food - from the fish tacos to the daily special. With the view, food and service, it's a great place to have lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a quiet weeknight andjlazDined on 1/2/2014It was a quiet weeknight and we ate early so there were very few other guests. Our server was very personable and we all enjoyed our dinners. There were five of us and we each ordered something different. We are planning to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine ListBobbDined on 12/31/2013Bait and switch wine list. Older vintages of wines with correct pricing are listed but newer vintages worth less are delivered at the same price. I tried 4 wines with the same results. How hard is it to print an accurate wine list with today's computers and printers?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dana Pt View Restaurant!LakersFanDined on 12/28/2013This was our first time at Harpoon Henry's and we found it to be delightful in all categories. We ambience of the inside restaurant was wonderful - we had a horseshoe shaped booth that faced the view, and it couldn't have been more perfect!! My husbands mahi mahi fish and chips were over the top wonderful, and my friend and I had the filet of sole, and it was fine, very good. Cadillac Margaritas are good - and basically, we had a very nice experience at Harpoon Henry's and would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- My experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013My family and I (5 guests) went to harpoon Henry's for dinner. We had a reservation made but we still waited a little bit. Since they sat us in a 4 person booth, our daughter had a separate seat in the middle of the isle. It wad very annoying when the waiter came over. The service was annoyingly slow, but we understood bc it was the day after Christmas. All though the service was poor, the food was great. My daughter had the filet mignon and my husband had Ono. Although those are just a couple of examples, everybody loved their food. Overall, it was great! We had plenty of things to talk about which made the poor service not bad.Special Features:
- We have never had an off experienceRustyDined on 12/25/2013We have never had an off experience with Harpoon Henry's and often take guests there for the whole harbor scene.Special Features:
- NEVER GO ON CHRISTMAS OR A HOLIDAYOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013The server was so slow, never came by to ask if we wanted anything, never offered to check on our water or anything... we had to hunt down other people to get to him. He disappeared in the kitchen and other parts unavailable. Why have a special menu when it does not offer appropriate complete meal??? I wouldn't do that again... Not enough help or service, food was not great and took forever. The restaurant is a lovely setting, but thats it.... Maybe next year you should stay closed......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.