Harper's Restaurant - SouthPark
6518 Fairview Rd
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harper's Restaurant - SouthPark
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://harpersgroup.com/
- Phone: 7043666688x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:15pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:15pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:15pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brandon Newby
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a wide range of menu items including breakfast, lunch and dinner selections. All items are prepared on site and can be delivered. For more information contact Courtney Tatum at 704-900-9300 or at 704-370-0107 email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We have seating available for large groups up to 40 and our chef can prepare a customized menu for any event.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Tatum, firstname.lastname@example.org 704-900-9300x
A word from Harper's Restaurant - SouthPark
There’s a great place in Southpark to enjoy casual dining and the best of American-style cuisine – Harper’s Restaurant. Located adjacent to Southpark Mall, Harper’s menu is loaded with hickory grilled steaks, fresh seafood, Carolina BBQ, burgers, gourmet pizzas, huge salads and specialty sandwiches. Rendezvous with friends in the lounge or on the expansive patio where you can enjoy sports events on HD televisions while enjoying an array of beers on tap, a great glass of wine or a freshly shaken martini. Come on over…try Harper’s and get a taste of our heartfelt hospitality and great food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Harper's Restaurant - SouthPark - Best Restaurants in SouthPark ›
Harper's Restaurant - SouthPark reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (20)great for outdoor dining (14)good for groups (13)great for brunch (10)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (7)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Service was excellent… food was terrible… too much basil in the pasta… chicken supremes were thin and too few in number… fries were cold...
- Excellent food and serverloriseaDined on 10/12/2014Clark was our server. He was very knowledgeable and sincere about providing excellent service. Food was great. Husband had the prime rib and salads were awesome. Good portion sizes. Cookie baked in the cast iron skillet with ice cream for dessert was wonderful! Will definitely visit againSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Little too much service - - checking back a couple of times is okay but four is way too much. Also, the Bloody Mary mix was the worse I ever have had.Special Features:
- All-round goodRyandinningDined on 9/26/2014I really like this restaurant.I've been going for years and the consistentcie never skips a beat. I recommend sitting in the bar so you continue to glance at the large painting on the back wall,it is quite the study. I wish it were mine!Special Features:
- food great but lacking servicedissapointeddinersDined on 9/16/2014This is the second time in recent months that we have dined at Harpers. On both occasions the service simply disappeared after the food was served. At the recent visit empty plates sat on our table for over 30 min. No offers to refill beverages unless we fkagged down our server. It took at least 15 min to pay the bill. It was a quiet Tuesday night as well. One time of poor service we can ignore but two bad service visits in a row and we will not return.Special Features:
- Eating Lifestyle Change Friendlytmgbuf8056Dined on 9/7/2014On business trip it is important to find restaurants which provide options for those who are trying to eat healthy. This restaurant had many options and the portions were about right to stay on course for one's goals of lifestyle change in eating. There were choices which did not include carbs and not deep fried. I chose the salmon with vegies and even could choose how to have the salmon grilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a casual night outPerfectangel2224Dined on 9/6/2014Went hear on a double date with the hubby and some friends. The wine list was pretty good and be food was also. This is one of those places I would describe as perfectly consistent! Nothing to write home about in terms of food but everything tasted good. The atmosphere was nice also. Perfect place for a casual night out!I would recommend this to a friend.
- best burger!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I just moved right across the street from Harper's. The smells wafting from the restaurant are enticing so we couldn't resist. I had the pimento cheese burger and my husband had the steak. Both were flavorful and hard to put down.. Our server Amy was an incredible ambassador for Harper's and their sister restaurants, not to mention she is one of the finest servers we have ever met! We will be back again and again and are considering patronizing Upstream for brunch based on her recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wedding day brunchCharlotteEMFDined on 8/31/2014Thanks Harpers for being the spot I had brunch with my three bridesmaids the morning of my wedding. I can't recall our waiter's name but he is getting married too soon. He knew we were going across the street to get our hair done and provided us with the largest to-go drinks. This bride was hydrated all day. :) I enjoyed the grilled chicken sandwich but others enjoyed the breakfast items you offered on the Sunday menu.Special Features:
- Our first visit & our anniversary!OccasionalQueenForADayDined on 8/19/2014Yesterday was our anniversary and Tuesday evening I had bought tickets for my husband and I to see the basement show of Three Doors Down at the Fillmore. I had a gift certificate for Harpers, and being on a very strict buget with a 15 month old, we wanted to give it a shot. We were treated like royalty! I ordered two glasses of their house Merlot and their hummus & pita appetizer. That hummus is some of the best I've EVER had, and I'm hummus-junkie. My husband wanted a huge, thick burger, and made a special request for extra bacon. I was a bit more complicated. I've had a gastic bypass and can only eat small amounts of food, so I ordered the salmon salad, but with rare ahi tuna. They gave phenomenal service and the good was fantastic.Special Features:
- Billyi1VIPDined on 8/10/2014Great Service,wonderful bistro menu,barbeque is always good. Steaks,chili, club sandwich,lettce wraps,perfectly prepared grilled salmon,they have it all.Special Features:
- Good as alwaysATCSCSDined on 8/2/2014I always enjoy going to Harpers when I'm in town. The food is good, with a variety of items on the menu to choose from. The servers are very attentive and it has a nice atmosphere. Looking forward to going back soon!Special Features:
- Acceptable lunch choiceParisDined on 7/31/2014Service was a bit slow. We were seated in bar area, but it was quiet as it was lunch time. Salmon on the salmon salad did not seem completely fresh.Special Features:
- Always goodbaileygirl228Dined on 7/4/2014Each time we dine at Harper's we are pleased with their food. With that being said, on our last visit, the service was not up to their standards. We had a hard time being waited on and an even harder time getting our granddaughter's dessert. This would have been slightly ok if they were busy, but they were not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great serviceChitownUNCgirlDined on 6/28/2014The food was really good and the service was more than supporting of making edits to the menu to make it Paleo. Paleo or not the menu is great and the food was awesome!Special Features:
- The following 198 reviews are from the Harper's Restaurant - SouthPark reviews archive.
- Harper-Still The OnePaulsPicksDined on 6/22/2014Harper has been a neighborhood reliable for many years and still is. A very good meal at a fair priceSpecial Features:
- nice lunchPearlzDined on 6/17/2014I had artisan pizza...arugula and prosciutto...fabulous. staff warm and friendly.bSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but better close byLeedDined on 5/30/2014The food and service was good, but I thought overpriced. For a hamburger/fries and prime rib with potato and two house salads was approx. $56.00 with tax (included two non alcohol beverages). In a neighborhood with several other restaurants with similar price points and menus that have remolded or newly opened and I would choose one of those over this one. It was a Friday night with several open tables which in Southpark is not a good sign when wait times are normal. This is a reliable good food restaurant, but for the price point you would expect a more updated or newer space. No manager ever came by to ask about the food or service which is an expectation I have.Special Features:
- good place to eat outluv2eatDined on 5/26/2014the food are fantastic, the waiter are very friendly and the desert are outstandingSpecial Features:
- Friendly Place, But...WishYouWereHereDined on 5/11/2014Came mid-afternoon on Sunday for Mother's Day/Birthday. Service was excellent and staff friendly. The sweet tea was excellent. The food was prepared as ordered, but was ordinary. I expected better for the price.Special Features:
- Always a Hit!LittleBirdieDined on 5/11/2014My family and I always enjoy visiting Harper's-SouthPark. The food is outstanding, always fresh and flavorful. The staff is always friendly and courteous. I look forward to my next Harper's visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodcolleenmacDined on 5/11/2014I have been to Harper's often since moving to Charlotte. It has great food, great service and is reasonably priced. You never have a bad time or a bad dish at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food, disinterested servicearsenaljDined on 5/11/2014We went to Harper's for brunch on Mother's Day. My wife and I have been on a few occasions with generally positive experiences. On Sunday, while the food was pretty good, our server seemed as though she would rather have been anywhere else. In addition, our two year received both his apple juice an his meal well after the rest of us. All in all, it was an okay experience. We will probably give Harper's another chance, but not for a few months.Special Features:
- Wonderful Saturday LunchKDFat28277Dined on 5/10/2014Celebrating an early Mom's Day. Bloody Mary's were awesome. Sicilian Pizza was great. French Dip was great. Salmon burger was great. Cheeseburger was great. French fries were awesome. Service was pleasant, accurate, timely, and unobtrusive. Great staff.Special Features:
- Consistently a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We've been dining at Harper's for years, both for special occasions and just for a night out. The food is fresh and delicious, the staff friendly, and just an all around nice place to have on our dining out list!Special Features:
- Great service but food just okOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/17/2014Great service, our waiter was very attentive. But the food was just ok……………..Special Features:
- Awesome Sunday Brunch!SVRRDined on 4/13/2014Went for Sunday Brunch. The brunch menu has just the right amound of selections. The food was delicious and our server Ryker was awesome! Can't wait to go again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great staffccniteoutDined on 4/11/2014Last minute open table reservation....though not really needed. There were plenty of tables. Good food, good portions. Waiter was friendly and on the spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We frequent this restaurantoutalotDined on 4/8/2014We frequent this restaurant often and love that their is always the perfect entree for everyone. Great service and fabulous outdoor patio experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good variety / great servicehermosaVIPDined on 4/4/2014There is very good variety in this restaurant with an open kitchen where you see the cooks doing what they do. Our server, Clark, was especially attentive and made the occasion that much more enjoyable. You can pick from southern fare all the way to a great veggie burger which is based on beats as opposed to the typical bean burger. Pizzas are great and they make a cookie which comes in a cast iron pan. Easy place to take picky guests and great for kids...
- Disappointedluv2brunchDined on 3/30/2014The waiter was extremely rude as soon as we sat down. He never introduced himself or said hello. He just walk over to table and said "What are you drinking". When he refilled the drinks he slid the glasses across the table. He constantly reached across the guests in an abrupt manner. There were 10 guests at our table and they all agreed that it was a terrible experience. To add insult to injury, we complained to the manager twice before the git a new waiter/waitress. We waited over an hour for our food because the original waiter either never put the ticket in or held it on his pocket while he waited in other tables. No compensation or apologies were ever made to our groupm I was very disappointed in Harpers.
- Excellent date night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014The food was delicious, and I appreciate the efforts to provide a Gluten Free menu. Service was great, food and drinks were served promptly. My husband's steak was done perfectly and the brisket tacos were great. We will definitely be going back and can't believe we hadn't been before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAnaMDined on 3/2/2014Food is always great and servers are very attentive and politeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was very helpfulLisaDined on 2/27/2014Our server was very helpful . Unfortunately, they were trying to fix a door to the outside right as lunchtime started and we had to move to another booth but was still cold so it took away from our dining experience. The food was delicious and the seating allows for more privacySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold meat!!!!LakeguyDined on 2/15/2014We had reservations for over a week in advance and was seated at the worse table in the restaurant. Bar table, in the corner at the server check out computer . Was non- stop traffic jam in front on out table. Also a server had place a serving tray on the brick wall that was separating out booth and the computer. It was hanging over so far, that my wife could not sit back in her seat without knocking it off or had to crouch in the corner to allow room. It stayed there the whole meal When the food arrived the potatoes where piping hot, while both of our meats were cold( room temp at best)
- Bring your A GameJohnDined on 2/15/2014We have always gotten the chicken supremes platter. We use to get a big plate full of chicken, now we only get 6-7 fingers. It use to come with any two sides, now it only comes with slaw and one side. The slaw use to be in a larger bowl with big hefty pieces of slaw. Now it comes in a small little cup and the slaw is finely chopped up. We use to get a big helping of freshly cooked and hot fries. I was disappointed in the fries on Saturday night. The chicken fingers themselves are still fantastic; we just barely get enough to fill us now. I am not sure what has happened; was it a change in management or cooks? With all the competition, especially Cheesecake Factory with their Large portions, you might want to revisit some of these issues.Special Features:
- selectionnickDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's day special we were sold on didn't meet our standards. I believe if you are presenting a special then it should be emaculant, to where you would want to return and try more item's. But no, I usually have a steak and potato and it really satisfies my taste, now your 2 dishes we tried has me hesitant to try anything new. And then the sparkling Champaign was not presented as part of our meal and the table next to us it was. I was highly dissatisfied with my service and choice for such a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great place for Valentines DaymakeitworthwhileDined on 2/14/2014Aaron was very attentive and rolled with our sense of humor and needs. He really helped make a good dining experience great. We split the Ahi dinner as an appetizer. It was perfect for that. The Asian pasta salad that came with the Ahi was really quite good. My wife got the rotisserie half chicken and enjoyed it thoroughly. I got the tilapia fish tacos, opting for the lettuce wrap instead of tortillas. Excellent. The Tuxedo Cake was delicious, though we did have to take it, and half our dinner, home because we couldn't finish it all. Definitely use Open Table to make reservations at this restaurant, especially on special occasions, or you'll be waiting at the door forever. We came in on time and were seated immediately. We'll e back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate at bar and Kevin was great,UpdateVIPDined on 2/6/2014Ate at bar and Kevin was great, however good was slow and cold when arrived.Special Features:
- Food was very good, as wellFirstTimerDined on 2/1/2014Food was very good, as well as the service. Recommend making reservations. Simple menu also made making an entrée selection much simpler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.