Harper's Restaurant - SouthPark
6518 Fairview Rd
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harper's Restaurant - SouthPark
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://harpersgroup.com/
- Phone: 7043666688x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:15pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:15pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:15pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brandon Newby
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a wide range of menu items including breakfast, lunch and dinner selections. All items are prepared on site and can be delivered. For more information contact Courtney Tatum at 704-900-9300 or at 704-370-0107 email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We have seating available for large groups up to 40 and our chef can prepare a customized menu for any event.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Tatum, firstname.lastname@example.org 704-900-9300x
A word from Harper's Restaurant - SouthPark
There’s a great place in Southpark to enjoy casual dining and the best of American-style cuisine – Harper’s Restaurant. Located adjacent to Southpark Mall, Harper’s menu is loaded with hickory grilled steaks, fresh seafood, Carolina BBQ, burgers, gourmet pizzas, huge salads and specialty sandwiches. Rendezvous with friends in the lounge or on the expansive patio where you can enjoy sports events on HD televisions while enjoying an array of beers on tap, a great glass of wine or a freshly shaken martini. Come on over…try Harper’s and get a taste of our heartfelt hospitality and great food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Harper's Restaurant - SouthPark - Best Restaurants in SouthPark ›
Harper's Restaurant - SouthPark reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (15)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Our first visit & our anniversary!OccasionalQueenForADayDined on 8/19/2014Yesterday was our anniversary and Tuesday evening I had bought tickets for my husband and I to see the basement show of Three Doors Down at the Fillmore. I had a gift certificate for Harpers, and being on a very strict buget with a 15 month old, we wanted to give it a shot. We were treated like royalty! I ordered two glasses of their house Merlot and their hummus & pita appetizer. That hummus is some of the best I've EVER had, and I'm hummus-junkie. My husband wanted a huge, thick burger, and made a special request for extra bacon. I was a bit more complicated. I've had a gastic bypass and can only eat small amounts of food, so I ordered the salmon salad, but with rare ahi tuna. They gave phenomenal service and the good was fantastic.Special Features:
- Billyi1VIPDined on 8/10/2014Great Service,wonderful bistro menu,barbeque is always good. Steaks,chili, club sandwich,lettce wraps,perfectly prepared grilled salmon,they have it all.Special Features:
- Good as alwaysATCSCSDined on 8/2/2014I always enjoy going to Harpers when I'm in town. The food is good, with a variety of items on the menu to choose from. The servers are very attentive and it has a nice atmosphere. Looking forward to going back soon!Special Features:
- Acceptable lunch choiceParisDined on 7/31/2014Service was a bit slow. We were seated in bar area, but it was quiet as it was lunch time. Salmon on the salmon salad did not seem completely fresh.Special Features:
- Always goodbaileygirl228Dined on 7/4/2014Each time we dine at Harper's we are pleased with their food. With that being said, on our last visit, the service was not up to their standards. We had a hard time being waited on and an even harder time getting our granddaughter's dessert. This would have been slightly ok if they were busy, but they were not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great serviceChitownUNCgirlDined on 6/28/2014The food was really good and the service was more than supporting of making edits to the menu to make it Paleo. Paleo or not the menu is great and the food was awesome!Special Features:
- Harper-Still The OnePaulsPicksDined on 6/22/2014Harper has been a neighborhood reliable for many years and still is. A very good meal at a fair priceSpecial Features:
- nice lunchPearlzDined on 6/17/2014I had artisan pizza...arugula and prosciutto...fabulous. staff warm and friendly.bSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but better close byLeedDined on 5/30/2014The food and service was good, but I thought overpriced. For a hamburger/fries and prime rib with potato and two house salads was approx. $56.00 with tax (included two non alcohol beverages). In a neighborhood with several other restaurants with similar price points and menus that have remolded or newly opened and I would choose one of those over this one. It was a Friday night with several open tables which in Southpark is not a good sign when wait times are normal. This is a reliable good food restaurant, but for the price point you would expect a more updated or newer space. No manager ever came by to ask about the food or service which is an expectation I have.Special Features:
- good place to eat outluv2eatDined on 5/26/2014the food are fantastic, the waiter are very friendly and the desert are outstandingSpecial Features:
- Friendly Place, But...WishYouWereHereDined on 5/11/2014Came mid-afternoon on Sunday for Mother's Day/Birthday. Service was excellent and staff friendly. The sweet tea was excellent. The food was prepared as ordered, but was ordinary. I expected better for the price.Special Features:
- Always a Hit!LittleBirdieDined on 5/11/2014My family and I always enjoy visiting Harper's-SouthPark. The food is outstanding, always fresh and flavorful. The staff is always friendly and courteous. I look forward to my next Harper's visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodcolleenmacDined on 5/11/2014I have been to Harper's often since moving to Charlotte. It has great food, great service and is reasonably priced. You never have a bad time or a bad dish at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food, disinterested servicearsenaljDined on 5/11/2014We went to Harper's for brunch on Mother's Day. My wife and I have been on a few occasions with generally positive experiences. On Sunday, while the food was pretty good, our server seemed as though she would rather have been anywhere else. In addition, our two year received both his apple juice an his meal well after the rest of us. All in all, it was an okay experience. We will probably give Harper's another chance, but not for a few months.Special Features:
- Wonderful Saturday LunchKDFat28277Dined on 5/10/2014Celebrating an early Mom's Day. Bloody Mary's were awesome. Sicilian Pizza was great. French Dip was great. Salmon burger was great. Cheeseburger was great. French fries were awesome. Service was pleasant, accurate, timely, and unobtrusive. Great staff.Special Features:
- The following 189 reviews are from the Harper's Restaurant - SouthPark reviews archive.
- Consistently a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We've been dining at Harper's for years, both for special occasions and just for a night out. The food is fresh and delicious, the staff friendly, and just an all around nice place to have on our dining out list!Special Features:
- Great service but food just okOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/17/2014Great service, our waiter was very attentive. But the food was just ok……………..Special Features:
- Awesome Sunday Brunch!SVRRDined on 4/13/2014Went for Sunday Brunch. The brunch menu has just the right amound of selections. The food was delicious and our server Ryker was awesome! Can't wait to go again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great staffccniteoutDined on 4/11/2014Last minute open table reservation....though not really needed. There were plenty of tables. Good food, good portions. Waiter was friendly and on the spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We frequent this restaurantoutalotDined on 4/8/2014We frequent this restaurant often and love that their is always the perfect entree for everyone. Great service and fabulous outdoor patio experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good variety / great servicehermosaVIPDined on 4/4/2014There is very good variety in this restaurant with an open kitchen where you see the cooks doing what they do. Our server, Clark, was especially attentive and made the occasion that much more enjoyable. You can pick from southern fare all the way to a great veggie burger which is based on beats as opposed to the typical bean burger. Pizzas are great and they make a cookie which comes in a cast iron pan. Easy place to take picky guests and great for kids...
- Disappointedluv2brunchDined on 3/30/2014The waiter was extremely rude as soon as we sat down. He never introduced himself or said hello. He just walk over to table and said "What are you drinking". When he refilled the drinks he slid the glasses across the table. He constantly reached across the guests in an abrupt manner. There were 10 guests at our table and they all agreed that it was a terrible experience. To add insult to injury, we complained to the manager twice before the git a new waiter/waitress. We waited over an hour for our food because the original waiter either never put the ticket in or held it on his pocket while he waited in other tables. No compensation or apologies were ever made to our groupm I was very disappointed in Harpers.
- Excellent date night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014The food was delicious, and I appreciate the efforts to provide a Gluten Free menu. Service was great, food and drinks were served promptly. My husband's steak was done perfectly and the brisket tacos were great. We will definitely be going back and can't believe we hadn't been before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAnaMDined on 3/2/2014Food is always great and servers are very attentive and politeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was very helpfulLisaDined on 2/27/2014Our server was very helpful . Unfortunately, they were trying to fix a door to the outside right as lunchtime started and we had to move to another booth but was still cold so it took away from our dining experience. The food was delicious and the seating allows for more privacySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold meat!!!!LakeguyDined on 2/15/2014We had reservations for over a week in advance and was seated at the worse table in the restaurant. Bar table, in the corner at the server check out computer . Was non- stop traffic jam in front on out table. Also a server had place a serving tray on the brick wall that was separating out booth and the computer. It was hanging over so far, that my wife could not sit back in her seat without knocking it off or had to crouch in the corner to allow room. It stayed there the whole meal When the food arrived the potatoes where piping hot, while both of our meats were cold( room temp at best)
- Bring your A GameJohnDined on 2/15/2014We have always gotten the chicken supremes platter. We use to get a big plate full of chicken, now we only get 6-7 fingers. It use to come with any two sides, now it only comes with slaw and one side. The slaw use to be in a larger bowl with big hefty pieces of slaw. Now it comes in a small little cup and the slaw is finely chopped up. We use to get a big helping of freshly cooked and hot fries. I was disappointed in the fries on Saturday night. The chicken fingers themselves are still fantastic; we just barely get enough to fill us now. I am not sure what has happened; was it a change in management or cooks? With all the competition, especially Cheesecake Factory with their Large portions, you might want to revisit some of these issues.Special Features:
- selectionnickDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's day special we were sold on didn't meet our standards. I believe if you are presenting a special then it should be emaculant, to where you would want to return and try more item's. But no, I usually have a steak and potato and it really satisfies my taste, now your 2 dishes we tried has me hesitant to try anything new. And then the sparkling Champaign was not presented as part of our meal and the table next to us it was. I was highly dissatisfied with my service and choice for such a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great place for Valentines DaymakeitworthwhileDined on 2/14/2014Aaron was very attentive and rolled with our sense of humor and needs. He really helped make a good dining experience great. We split the Ahi dinner as an appetizer. It was perfect for that. The Asian pasta salad that came with the Ahi was really quite good. My wife got the rotisserie half chicken and enjoyed it thoroughly. I got the tilapia fish tacos, opting for the lettuce wrap instead of tortillas. Excellent. The Tuxedo Cake was delicious, though we did have to take it, and half our dinner, home because we couldn't finish it all. Definitely use Open Table to make reservations at this restaurant, especially on special occasions, or you'll be waiting at the door forever. We came in on time and were seated immediately. We'll e back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate at bar and Kevin was great,UpdateVIPDined on 2/6/2014Ate at bar and Kevin was great, however good was slow and cold when arrived.Special Features:
- Food was very good, as wellFirstTimerDined on 2/1/2014Food was very good, as well as the service. Recommend making reservations. Simple menu also made making an entrée selection much simpler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu was not very diverse.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2014The menu was not very diverse. I couldn't find anything from their limited selection and ended up choosing a salad. There isn't much to choose from if you're wanting something lighter (pasta, chicken, seafood, etc) or that isn't red meat. They had to "special" prepare a salad for me to substitute grilled chicken (which I thought was a staple at most restaurants) instead of their standard Angus flank. The chicken was overcooked and laying atop a bowl of shredded, wilted iceberg lettuce. Considering the surrounding competition. In the South Park area, they should consider a menu overhaul. I likely will not go back.
- We live close by and alwaysSandyDined on 1/31/2014We live close by and always enjoy spending time at Harper's. Consistently good food and service!!Special Features:
- ALWAYS GREATJBR1VIPDined on 1/25/2014You can always count on a great dining experience @ SP Harpers Had great service from RykerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow service. The waitressncsumotherVIPDined on 1/18/2014Very slow service. The waitress nice but very rushed, clearly overworked..
- Good food, good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Enjoyed our meal very much. Server was ver efficient and friendly. Very enjoyable. I personally enjoy sitting in a booth I the bar area.Special Features:
- You know you'll have a gooddwillDined on 1/9/2014You know you'll have a good meal and good overall experience at Harper's so you keep going. Been eating there for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place...wlkrbee717Dined on 1/4/2014Met some friends here for Dinner; it's a great half way spot. The menu is a little vague - but the choices are good. Our server (his name I did not get --- male, blond, glasses -- I think that describes a couple of serveres there) was friendly but felt the need to pre-bus just about everything off our table while we were still visiting with friends - I mean right down to the napkins. There were only our beverage glasses on the table when we left... it was almost like he was trying to get us to leave.. Kind of annoying. So that was the only negative thing about the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food. HaveCharlottefoodieVIPDined on 1/2/2014Consistently good food. Have tried several lunch items and enjoyed them all. Love the coleslaw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Our reservation proved invaluable as we were seated upon arrival, though people were waiting. The Chef's Special for the evening was awesome. If you have not been, GO, you will appreciate the experience and GREAT FOOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.