Harper's Restaurant - Carolina Place
11059 Carolina Place Parkway
Pineville, NC 28134Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harper's Restaurant - Carolina Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harpersrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7045415255x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Sunday Brunch 10:30am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jason Swyt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harper's offers a full range of catering services for guests interested in hosting an event in the restaurant or offsite. We create customized menus to meet our guests' needs while also providing a professional sales and service staff to attend to every detail of the event. For more information please contact Courtney Tatum at 704-541-5255 or 704-900-9300 or via email at email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Our stunning private dining room can accommodate parties and special events up to 48 people.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Tatum, firstname.lastname@example.org 704-900-9300x
A word from Harper's Restaurant - Carolina Place
There’s a great place in Pineville to enjoy casual dining and the best of American-style cuisine – Harper’s Restaurant. Located in Carolina Place Mall, Harper’s menu is loaded with hickory grilled steaks, fresh seafood, Carolina BBQ, burgers, gourmet pizzas, huge salads and specialty sandwiches. Rendezvous with friends in the lounge where you can enjoy sports events on HD televisions while enjoying an array of beers on tap, a great glass of wine or a freshly shaken martini. Come on over…try Harper’s and get a taste of our heartfelt hospitality and great food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Harper's Restaurant - Carolina Place - Best Restaurants in Pineville ›
Harper's Restaurant - Carolina Place reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Off NightOutofstatevisitorsDined on 8/29/2014Typically, this is a reliable choice for my family and me since we live nearby. The service is good and is kid-friendly. This night, however, was off. The server and manager were apologetic and friendly. They took my overly cooked steak and made me a new one. Unfortunately, by the time it was cooked, the rest of my family was almost done, so I had to take it to go. The manager did take my meal off the bill, which was appreciated. When I got home, I noticed they upgraded the steak, but forgot the topping that was supposed to accompany that dish. Again, I was disappointed this visit, but Harper's customer service was great. I consider this trip an "off night" at Harper's. My family and I will try again and hope for the best.Special Features:
- RecommendNatalieDined on 8/3/2014Service was great!!!! Food was OK prime rib overcooked but still good flavor. All the Draft beers were out so I was disappointed but that was the first time that's happen. Overall it was a good experience and I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchAimeeDined on 8/3/2014We dined for brunch. The menu is short and sweet and offers both breakfast and lunch items. Would like to see more traditional breakfast items though.Special Features:
- good service despite bad offerbethDined on 7/25/2014I am on their email list and got an email stating all the Harper's brands were participating in Queen's feast and invited me to make a reservation, which we did and upon coming, we were informed that only two of the restaurants were actually offering the prefix menu. I had printed out a free appetizer coupon from the email, and the manager apologized, accepted the appetizer coupon and comped us dessert, so we got the same deal. good job management, bad job sales dept. for sending a misleading email.Special Features:
- Not great.AfronczDined on 7/6/2014Food wasn't worth the price. Server was pretty good. Dessert was good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014This restaurant has a limited menu but the food and service is always good. I have always found it easy to get a reservation here for large groups.Special Features:
- good experienceBeecerDined on 6/27/2014We were able to get reservations for 5 on the same afternoon. The food is very good and our waitress was excellent...got everything right and food came out quickly.Special Features:
- Anniversarybo24joDined on 6/23/2014They did a great job on ensuring that our dining experience was very good. The manager, waitress and hostess were all very pleasant and accommodating. My wife and I enjoyed the food and service that we received and would recommend Harper's at Carolina Place to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Here!PoppyJ44Dined on 6/14/2014Have experienced Harper's at other locations in Charlotte but had never visited this one despite many trips to Carolina Mall. Location and décor go well with the diverse menu and wait staff. Was celebrating my BD and Father's Day together, with my wife, son and his expectant wife (due July 4). Hostesses checked to see if mom-to-be could get in a booth (which she did) or needed a table. Appetizer and entrees were scrumptious and plentiful. Pizza to Salmon was done correctly and all enjoyed the food. I will definitely be back SOON--as my wife and I celebrate 36th anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 120 reviews are from the Harper's Restaurant - Carolina Place reviews archive.
- Generally UnfriendlyWaynesvilleFoodieDined on 5/11/2014Generally unfriendly service. Started with hostess and ended with our server. Waitress served coffee that was "ice cold" - no apologies.
- Food not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/12/2014Were in the area from out of town and relied on reviews for selecting a dinner spot. Small menu which is fine. But the food was bad. Service was fine.Special Features:
- Food/service lacking for the priceMom2fourDined on 3/8/2014I had a problem with my fish tacos. First I asked the server if they were spicy and she suggested getting the sauce on the side. I told her I'm gluten free so I ordered corn tortillas. I was brought flour tortillas and had to send them back and wait while the rest of my family ate. FYI the fish tacos are very spicy. Every component is heavily seasoned: meat, sauce, the rice. Even the black beans on the side burned my mouth. Not good. For dessert I ordered the "Chocolate Praline Sundae" as it was the only thing that appeared gluten free. I didn't ask and I should have because it's really a brownie sundae with pretzels mixed in. Dang you'd think the server who just had to remake my dinner might have mentioned that?Special Features:
- Great regular spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2014Forget the Mall...Harper's stands alone and is outstanding for lunch. (haven't dined for dinner.,..so do not know) Meet friends there on a regular basis. .Mark our server...always excellent. Very accommodating...example: the salmon sandwich isn't always a special or on the menu but you can ask and it will be available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Showed up on time for reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/14/2014Showed up on time for reservation and left after 30 minutes because we had not been seated and told in a sarcastic manner that it would be at least another 20 minutes.
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014They had their normal menu plus a couple of extra's. I liked not having a limited menu. Harper's is consistently good. It is a restaurant that you can always get consistent good food at. Have been there many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ReliablescrumptiousDined on 2/14/2014We eat at Harper's often, and it is consistently good. Pizzas are great with a nice thin crust. Pulled pork BBQ is delicious, as are the fish tacos. Portions are big, we always have left overs, and prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Pleasant experienceEmmaDined on 2/2/2014Our waitress Elizabeth was quite pleasant and attentive to our needs.... these are elements that make dining out an experience to return for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a terrific family lunchJSF22VIPDined on 1/11/2014Not fancy but very solid. Good food at reasonable prices, and highly efficient service. Something for everyone. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love to come to Harper'sPattilouDined on 1/3/2014We had some friends from Florida coming to visit and we decided to meet them at the restaurant. Our family has come to Harper's for years. The food is always good and the wait staff are always right there when you need them and very thorough in getting our order just the way we want it. I always have the wait staff box up half of my meal, usually before I even start eating. That way I don't overeat. The coffee is the best I've had anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MWMMMMDined on 12/13/2013We enjoyed having our business group meeting in this location , the food is always great ! The service was very good .Special Features:
- During this time of year withHarperGuestVIPDined on 11/30/2013During this time of year with their gift card promotions, I would stay away from purchasing them. You cannot use a gift card to pay for your entire meal and the tip, regardless of how much is remaining on the gift card. This is one of the most ludicrous sales ploys to get you back in the restaurant balance remaining on the gift card. In order to leave a tip, assuming you don't have any cash on you and who does nowadays, you will need to get the server to put a penny on your credit card so you can add the tip. If you do purchase a gift card as a gift, please include some additional cash with it for the tip or better yet, just give cash and forget the gift cards altogether and skip the embarrassment of having staff explain this policy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fantastic asSandraDined on 9/26/2013The food was fantastic as well as the service Server was very knowledgable of the menue as well as helpful in menue selection. I will certainly be back again. A very cozy place with great atmosphere and very reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceacrhodesDined on 8/24/2013We went to Harpers for my dad's birthday dinner. He is not the easiest person to please and he loved it. His dinner was great and our server was great. Not too loud, we could hear each other across the table. We had a great time and we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2013Harper's is always the choice for our kids for any special occasion. We love the food and atmosphere. Kids love the burgers and flat bread pizza. Adults like the local beer choices.Special Features:
- 1st TimerAutumnDined on 5/19/2013I live in Greenville, SC and was in Charlotte for the weekend to celebrate my birthday. I came across the website for local area restaurants and read some of the reviews. I was impressed with what I had read and wanted to find out for myself what the fuss was all about. I was very pleased with my experience from the moment I walked into the door until the time I left. The hostess was very pleasant and the waitress was phenomenal. This is one of the best dining experiences I have engaged in and I would definitely re-visit this location and even check out the other restaurants in the chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit Or MissNiceGuyNotLastDined on 5/10/2013I've been here several times and the ambiance is always great. Unfortunately food can be hit or miss depending on what you order; never awful, but not 100% Grade A either. Probably best as a lunch spot, though dinner has been good more times than not. Asking the server for a suggestion may be the best bet depending on the day/time you go. After saying these things, I would still dine at Harper's myself, so hopefully that may mean more than anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is not bigOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013The restaurant is not big enough for the type of party we had.
- A Great Place for Dinner and DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We've been to Harper's many times on dates and special occasions. Even though we can afford to go to more expensive places, this particular Harper's is usually a great way to just enjoy each other's company without too much hassle involved. We know when we go there that we'll love the food, the service will be attentive without being overly so and there won't be a lot of noise or traffic. We both highly recommend Harper's for dates and family dinners. The only single complaint we have is that the beverage glasses are slightly small. We tend to drink a lot during dinner and our glasses were often empty - which isn't a mark against the service. They are as attentive as possible, we just drink a lot. :)Special Features:
- Food was good, but the specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Food was good, but the special for this day was misleading. It stated "dinner for two, $25.00" and desert included. It was actually $25 each and desert extra. Should have just ordered our regular favorites.Special Features:
- Overall, a very nice restaurant.HarperGuestVIPDined on 2/9/2013Overall, a very nice restaurant. Staff are always excellent. Should you have a gift card, don't expect to include the gratuity... not allowed. Staff will need for you to pay the tip in cash or ring up a penny separately on a credit or debit card, so the tip can be piad for... ridiculous! You think they would think more of their staff.Special Features:
- Carolina Place ReviewMrsMDined on 2/2/2013I was disappointed in the food. My previous dining experiences at the now closed restaurant near Southpark were always on point.
- The food is consistently prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2013The food is consistently pretty good (not great, but definitely good), and the service staff (with one or two exceptions) are top notch and take great care of you. The primary drawback to Harpers is the hosting station. The hosting staff definitely do not fire on all cylinders, and on more than one occasion have failed to look for OpenTable reservations in their system causing us to have to wait for quite some time although we booked an appointment well in advance. Once you're actually seated, things improve considerably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Timing, Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2012Even for a busy holiday weekend, we were able to get in quickly for a fast bite before heading to a movie. Great drinks, really good caesar salad and wonderful appetizers.Special Features:
- Nothing really special abouthhcgatorVIPDined on 11/16/2012Nothing really special about this place, food or otherwise. Food was ok, ambiance was ok. good place if you are taking the kids out with you.
- Harpers is a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2012Harpers is a great place to bring a family for dining. The food is consistently good and has lots of parking due to it being attached to Carolina Place Mall.Special Features:
- Great service. Warm atmosphere.Sandpiper22Dined on 10/13/2012Great service. Warm atmosphere. Consistantly good food. All at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Above and beyond ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012We were very pleasantly surprised with the food quality, for a restaurant connected to a mall. However, it was our server that really made a difference in our dining experience. I have recently been diagnosed with food allergies (wheat and potatoes) and our server, Tess, was so helpful, especially considering it was a busy Saturday night.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2012Have loved Harpers in the past but this was not a good experience. There were 6 of us and 3 of the orders were messed up. The food was at best mediocure. The wait staff was good and helpful but the food was so bad that I doubt I will be back.
- Nice place for a variety ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2012Nice place for a variety of food. We had fish tacos and loved them. Be sure to make reservations on crowded nights.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2012Excellent dining experience. We will return to Harpers.Special Features: