481 Cornwall Rd
Oakville, ON L6J 7S8Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://harperslanding.ca/
- Phone: 9053380707x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Marco D'Angelo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private room accommodates 24 seated. Partitions are drawn to separate this space from the main DR.
- Private Party Contact: Miako 9053380707x
- Entertainment: DJ Friday & Saturday nights
A word from Harpers Landing
Harpers Landing is an upbeat, casual North American bar & grill, serving market-fresh cuisine, made from scratch & borrowing from the myriad of global cuisines. We offer a satisfying & wide-ranging menu augmented by a deep wine list, 36 by the glass, 16 beers on tap & an extensive selection on liquors. Eight large video monitors broadcast sports, mood-enhancing DJs on weekends & a spectacular heated seasonal patio create an ambiance like no other in the Oakville area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Harpers Landing - Best Restaurants in Oakville ›
Harpers Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (54)good for groups (45)neighborhood gem (38)vibrant bar scene (34)hot spot (29)great for lunch (28)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (15)special occasion (14)late-night find (12)romantic (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Decent Brunch Option...CanadianGordoVIPDined on 10/19/2014Brunch seems to be "the thing" now in the Toronto area. Admittedly, our family has not been an active participant in that scene, but the opportunity to engage in a brunch outing this past Sunday presented itself, so we jumped in. We were a bit pressed for time, so couldn't afford to face long line ups. As a result, we needed to find a place that took reservations rather than first come first served. Harpers Landing had that option, which was great. Food was a surprise - very tasty options. My son and I had the chicken and waffles - not the traditional approach and very good. My wife had a lighter parfait which she enjoyed. And our son's girlfriend had one of the many eggs Benedict options. Very good food. Decent pricing. Lots of seating.Special Features:
- Lively Bar and GrillNikkiDined on 10/16/2014Large restaurant that caters to a more lively bar scene. There are some dining booths but mainly high top tables. Great for after work get together. Food was great but a little on the high end. Great outdoor patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbour gem!4usFoodieDined on 10/13/2014We have brought family and friends to the restaurant and we enjoyed the food and service each and every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurantMajorFoodieDined on 10/11/2014Harper's Landing is a staple for our family. On this particular occasion we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary with our children (7&5). The service was great and the food was impeccable as always. I would recommend the Landing Salad, Maple Chicken, Fish Tacos and you must leave room for the Toffee Pudding is to die for. The kids always love going, especially with the healthy menu options and the complimentary crackers, veggies and dip which are always a big hit.Special Features:
- I'm Glad I Landed @ Harpers LandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Great spot! Food was delicious with generous portions. Service was impeccable for my group of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodAlwaysdiningoutDined on 10/8/2014Great comfort food and really good service. Vibrant spot for little Olde Oakville. Have been many times for lunch and with groups in evening. Would like to see some more upscale dinner choices. Love the outdoor vibe there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for casual business lunchkaybeeDined on 10/7/2014The place is hopping - even at lunch. Great staff and excellent service. One of my guests had an uncommon food allergy and they went out of their way to ensure they were able to provide several foold options. We all had a great time and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnersilentsamDined on 10/2/2014High marks for the scallops, seafood, lamb and steak frites. Food was delicious and nicely portioned. Too bad that it is so loud in the restaurant that you have to yell to have a conversation. How about creating an area that is not so loud?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Needs ImprovingAnnaBDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I had brunch on Sunday and besides the slow and unattentative services...it was a good atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great night!ChocoCatDined on 9/23/2014I went there to celebrate my birthday with my parents and significant other. I had been to Harper's Landing before so I knew the food was good. Our server was very attentive and asked up-front if we were celebrating a special occasion. Because it was my birthday, she gave us complimentary dessert to share - the sticky toffee pudding, which is not something I would have thought to order but turned out to be very decadent and delicious. The food was great all-around but it was the server's pleasant attitude, efficiency and thoughtfulness that made the night special.Special Features:
- Everything we expected!StewieDined on 9/22/2014First time at Harper's as we had always waited too long to get a reservation in the past. Tried it on a Monday night and it was excellent. All four of us enjoyed all of the food and the restaurant has a really nice atmosphere. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Communications Spend ReviewUCShepDined on 9/19/2014This has been my 3rd visit. Great food, friendly staff, atmosphere outstanding. Reminds me of an evening out in the Caribbean. Well Done! Lookout Oakville Competition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pooksisoutDined on 9/15/2014Enjoyed the food, it was a monday night and it was loud ..imagine the weekend may get too loud.Special Features:
- Brutally loud with mediocre fareOakvilleFoodieWannabeVIPDined on 9/13/2014Was there for dinner after hearing about this new restaurant in Oakville. So loud that you won't be able to hear the person beside you due to open concept layout. Food was mediocre and typical of a roadside chsin like Casey's or Jack Astors. Expected more imagination from chefSpecial Features:
- Keep trying to like Harpers LandingblondedinerDined on 9/12/2014I have been to Harpers Landing on what is now my 6th visit and to say the restaurant is inconsistent in both food and service would be a gross understatement. This is my last visit. From making a reservation and being offered a cocktail table with stools (lunch reservation), to service bordering on being ignored, to mediocre food and the icing on top of this stale cake...being overcharged by approx. $80! it was the worst. When I tried to convince the server our bill was wrong (and it took some convincing) she and the manager, could not figure out what went wrong, how to fix it or what to do. In the end they reversed my food bill...but not the TIP and couldn't figure out how to do that. It actually felt like a scam. Consider yourself warned.Special Features:
- Good food TOO NOISYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014WELL WE WERE 4 SENIORS DINING HERE AT DINNER ON A FRIDAY NIGHT. THE SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD, THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS, BUT WE COULD BARELY HEAR EACH OTHER SPEAKING, THE NOISE LEVEL RIVALLED A JET PLANE NOISE!!! EVEN OUR SERVER COULD NOT HEAR US WHEN WE SPOKE TO HIM. THE MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND WAS SO LOUD THAT ALL THE PATRONS HAD TO SHOUT TO BE HEARD, THUS THE NOISE LEVEL WAS DEAFENING!! I REALIZE YOU ARE TRYING FOR AN ATMOSPHERE OF THE "HOT SPOT" BUT THESE YOUNG PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE DEAF AT AN EARLY AGE WITH ALL THIS NOISE WE WILL GO BACK FOR BRUCH OR LUNCH AND HOPE IT NOT AS NOISY THENSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor area has become a favouriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014The outdoor design has made this a good weather destination. The food has improved since opening as has service.Special Features:
- TrendyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Love the ambiance, has a vibrant feel, but the acoustics are terrible if you are eating indoors and that was in summer with all the sliding doors wide open. I now see why friends who had eaten there in the winter did not rate it highly, largely based on the noise levels. Does not make for romantic dining and even as a venue for family dining it was a struggle to carry on conversation. The menu promised while the kitchen under delivered. Meals were fine but nothing to rave about. We did have a brunch here a few weeks ago, out doors, with very few patrons and had a much nicer experience overall. Service was very good both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatmmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Very Nice addition to Oakville restaurant scene.. We will be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contemporary traditional foodJuliefromMichiganDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant seemed to have contemporary American food. I had the house salad with mixed greens, pears, cheese and vinaigrette dressing. My entree was maple chicken with vegetables. Everything tasted great. The waiter was very enthusiastic with knowledge of the entire menu and wine list. One side of the restaurant was open to the outside. Nice breeze on a mild day. I liked it a lot, but I thought it was pricey. So, I would recommend it unless the diner is on a budget.Special Features:
- great new spotEMcGDined on 8/5/2014great layout, friendly attentive service, food and drinks were very very good! we will definitely be visiting again!Special Features:
- WaitressLikemyserviceDined on 8/1/2014There are some people who are suited for their jobs, and then there was our waitress on Friday! ..friendly, knowledgeable, personable beyond compare (I feel terrible I can't remember her name:)! I usually arrive @ 9:15 (a peak time) - and am completely impressed by your team of hostesses who manage our needs - every time! The bar staff are friendly. The ambience, long overdue in the Oakville area - seriously, well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experienceIggyZDined on 7/31/2014Went here as a surprise for my boyfriend with his friends showing up later. The hostess and waitress almost ruined the surprise by saying things like "oh will the rest of the company be joining later" or "is this party of two or six". Luckily, my boyfriend didn't catch on. They almost ruined my evening and experience at the place. The food wasn't so great and it was really loud. It took a while to get our orders and the presentation was messy.Special Features:
- Could of been better.sunshineDined on 7/29/2014Not happy with the following. Caesar salad dressing blend tasted like it came from the bottle. Curry chicken lacking the chicken and flavoring. Caprese salad with tune was very good but it would of been better if bread was served with it. Service was terrible. Waitress did not come back after serving the plates to inquire if anything else was need or even if the food was acceptable. No offer of bread or even condiments for the hamburger. We sat by the bar where all the servers congregated for socializing. May not return in the future.Special Features:
- A great spot for dinnerjmcgetsoutDined on 7/24/2014Easily accommodated my food allergies to eggs and dairy. Our waitress was very good with both service and recommendations for the menu. Great atmosphere and a wonderful place to dine on a warm summer eveningSpecial Features:
- Harper's Landing Hit's the MarkOntheRoad59Dined on 7/22/2014Spent a great evening at Harper's Landing with friends just to celebrating being friends. The service by Sarah was excellent with a little extra attention from owner Tom who made everyone feel special and appreciated as if we were a guest in his home (a big home it is). The food is high quality and well executed there is something for everyone from the fish taco appetizer, pizza, pasta, outstanding burgers and curries. They do it all well. Start with a Harper's Signature Cesar you can't go wrong with smoked bacon infused vodka!! The decor is spectacular with the outside and inside all melted together as the walls open to create a large patio that just happens to have some areas covered with a great breeze. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014took my girlfriend to Harpers for our 1 year anniversary, my mussels were luke warm, spaghetti carbonara was terrible. Chicken was off, sauce was not good. Pork in dish was good. I did not finish my meal. We went somewhere else for dessert. My girlfriends dinner was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pecfection Diningdelm62Dined on 7/15/2014Harper's Landing "Ambience of Perfection" The quality of the Food & Service was way over the top. Best in the GTASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2014Interesting new place for family dinner. I liked the food selection and enjoyed my meal as most of our party did. It was expensive - particularly the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014nice place limited bar menu is really what you are dealing with.Special Features:
- LindaDined on 7/5/2014It was my third time here so I knew what to expect. Our server was great as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining experienceDeeva830Dined on 7/4/2014For a nice mature crowd, it was a nice place. Music was slightly too loud. Food was great, service very friendly, bathroom clean....love that I can reserve on line with a follow up call to confirm my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy spot in SE OakvilleWhiplashDined on 7/4/2014Glad we made reservations via OpenTable, as it was a nice summer Friday evening, and the patio was packed. Although the menu is a little limited, there aren't any bad choices on it. As a couple, ordering 2-3 appetizers to share (a la tapas) is often the best route.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodComeSailAwayDined on 7/1/2014Try the salmon. The yacht club drink was a bit watered down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, some improvement neededOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014Overall good experience, good food, very energetic place. However, food took forever to come and although I undertsand it was busy, this is not the first time that has happened here. Still, it's a great place with more good points than bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 35th Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/20143rd visit. Not a good place for a romantic dinner, high energy and noisy (World Cup was loud on TVs). I asked for a quite table inside as it was very humid out on the patio. We were seated by a window which was nice, but a young family got seated next to us. My wife had smoked salmon and beef tenderloin, I had wings and lamb 3 ways. The wings were a little dry the lamb was overcooked (I asked for medium, there was no pink at all). Entree sizes small for $34 but we did enjoy it and they do interesting sides & sauces. The Guinness is almost $10 a pint with tax $2 more than most bars in the area. Prices are high for what you get. Our 3 courses with 2 drinks each & coffee was nearly $200 with tip! I would still recommend trying it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fantastic - service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014We chose to sit in the dining area, which felt like the bar = too loud (World Cup). The whole restaurant was way too hot (we chose to sit inside to avoid the heat). Our server was just ok. Upon ordering cocktails (great quality/taste for the $), we weren't offered water to start with. We had to ask for water when we ordered our entrees. The water was forgotten until we asked again later on. An apology wasn't given, but it did come straight away. The server checked on our entrees more than halfway through the meal. Our apps and entrees came out very quickly and were splendid. I may come back for the food, not the lackadaisical service. It seems as though the kitchen really has it together, but Front of the House staff needs to step it up.
- Awesome first impressionTzpyDined on 6/28/2014Was very impressed by the design and vibe of the building. Felt like I was on vacation when breeze would blow through open concept restaraunt. Food was presented nicely and was very good! Service was great. Would recommend to anyone for a casual meal or a trendy date / semi formal outingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service and foodjoyofdiningDined on 6/25/2014If you love pasta then please try the lobster fettucini. amazing dish. the landing salad is our favourite as well. If you can sit in Christians section he is an amazing waiter with a wonderful personality. he is 5 star in customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 111 reviews are from the Harpers Landing reviews archive.
- Hidden Gem!roseatdanaDined on 6/23/2014This was indeed a hidden gem, food and service was outstanding, even though you are in an industrial type setting, once inside the ambience quickly lets you forget where you are. Signature Sangria's and mushroom pizza were both amazing. All three of us in our party work in Foodservice, so we are normally hard to please, but the food and service far exceeded our expectations. Everything was fresh and made from scratch (they grind their beef daily) which also goes along with the message we send to our internal chef managers each day.Special Features: