Harper House Restaurant
914 S Main St
Hopkinsville, KY 42240Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Harper House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harperhouseky.com/
- Phone: 2708742858
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet Facility seats 100....mezzanine seats 40
- Private Party Contact: Chris Daniels 6153000027
- Entertainment: Live Piano on Thursday and Friday nights
A word from Harper House Restaurant
Opened in Oct, 2009 by proprietors Chris and Nelson Daniels…Harper House is an independent small town dining establishment in Hopkinsville, Kentucky with a big attitude. We know you don’t have to travel to a metropolitan area to experience elevated cuisine. On the contrary … get off the beaten path and come visit us. Our Historic building and charming community is a welcome respite from the fast paced lifestyle. Harper House is a simple and kind place….full of the joyfulness of friends and family gathered around the dinner table making lasting memories. We look forward to having you to our house …. Harper House.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harper House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Hopkinsville ›
Harper House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (25)romantic (20)notable wine list (10)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Decent Local SpotAndyDined on 9/6/2014The Harper House is a decent local spot for a drink and something at the bar. My wife and I ate there for dinner and it was good but nothibg particularly special or creative. The Fish Tacos were tasty but would have been better enjoyed on the bar side rather than a dark, secluded dinning area. The price is fair for what you are served. The service is friendly and timely. Overall, it is a great lunch spot or game day hideaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSkeeterDined on 8/30/2014We loved the shrimp and grits that carried a little heat and included juicy shrimp. The homemade coconut bread pudding was sensational. Service was exemplary throughout the meal. If you need a good meal in Hoptown, this is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceenjoylocalDined on 8/29/2014Always great food and great service. Cooked to perfection. I end up trying new things I normally wouldn't have just because of their specials. Hometown dining where they know you by name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingfoodiefranDined on 8/27/2014The maple bacon brussels sprouts lived up to their reputation. I ordered the Low Country shrimp and grits which were quite spicy and soupy as described by our waiter but nonetheless delicious. My daughter chose the fried pickles and lettuce wraps. Both earned high marks from her. We will definitely go back. Service was attentive but not overbearing. We sat at a table that butted to the bar so the bartender was our waiter. Very nice.Special Features:
- Good food and servicevolsfanDined on 8/23/20142nd time to eat here. The food was very good and I like the ambiance there. Prices were also reasonable considering the drinks and food we got. I would recommend this restaurant to couple on a date or a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsFoodlover330Dined on 8/16/2014From the cocktails to the service, Harper House is the best. The servers are always quick with a recommendation and they are spot on. I have been here several times and have tried many items on the menu--nothing has disappointed. Well done!Special Features:
- greatloveddinneratharperhouseDined on 8/8/2014We love dining at Harper House We try to go weeklySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky HopkinsvilleProudmommaDined on 8/8/2014Harper House is like going to a bigger city. They change their menu twice a year, serving all fresh entrees. You are allowed to enter change any side dish with any entrée any time you choose. If you have any kind of gluten or food allergies they are very happy to accommodate you in anyway. Their flat breads are delicious and have different toppings each week. They have a fish special each week with wonderful sides, so be sure and ask about it, if fish is one of your favorites, as it is brought in fresh each week. The help are all friendly and very much on the ball. And you don't have to spend a lot on gas to get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceRu5tyDined on 8/7/2014Nice and cozy little booth next to the bar and a very friendly bartender makes for a good 16 year anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harper House is GreatLove2eatDined on 8/6/2014We have eaten at this restaurant many times. It was my husband's birthday and this is where he wanted to go. They serve their Ribeye and Filet steaks with a demi-glaze that is very delicious. My brother-in-law always gets the shrimp and grits and says it is so good he can't try anything new. Never had a bad meal or service here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemDaniBDined on 7/30/2014My husban and I have been there twice now, the first time being an event upstairs with appetizers. We went downstairs to eat afterwards. When we left, my husband couldn't quit talking about how great his steak was and he is picky about that! We both loved the atmosphere and all of the food was great! We went back for our anniversary and had just as great an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In loveSugarfixDined on 7/29/2014Harper House is the best in the area. For people who truly appreciate unique and delicious food with superb ambiance. The drinks are perfect, the food is comparable to what you'd find at a nice Nashville restaurant. This place is better than anything in Clarksville and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIRODined on 7/29/2014It's bit pity that there was a limitation of menu availability on Tuesday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Harper house is one of our very favorite restaurant. It's something you'd expect in a big city. What a gem!Special Features:
- Awesome!!crazy4foodDined on 7/11/2014Everything was awesome, from service to food. Could not have asked for any better! The atmospher great, drinks were wonderful, food was delishious with a surprise, on the house dessert for the birthday boy!! Loved that the owner stop by the table and talked with us. Overall expricence was truely amazing, definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014My husband and I were visiting from out of town and thought we would check it out. The whole experience was awesome! The tenderloin appetizers were so delicious we had trouble sharing :). The Salmon was cooked perfectly. The atmosphere was comfortable and the staff were ready to help with any request. The owner was happy to fill us in on the history of the unique building. We will definately go out of our way to return when we are in that part of the state again !Special Features:
- Excellent food and diningLovetodineDined on 6/21/2014I highly recommend Harper house. It was the best meal we have had in a long time. A little more expensive than your normal restraint but worth it. Our steak, asparagus and potatoe casserole were superb! Staff was very friendly and on top of our needs. I give it a 100% a+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite eating experienceclark5Dined on 6/20/2014We arrived and were able to be seated at a nice table that was great for our group of five. The service was great and all the food from the cheese curds to the ribs and Key Lime pie was excellent. The owner Chris came by the table and spent some time with us. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2014We drive 30 miles to go to this restaurant. We have been here several times and are never disappointed. The food is creative and the service is attentive. Definitely a place to put on your list.Special Features:
- A Great Place.Yummy1Dined on 6/18/2014This was a fantastic place! The bartenders really know their stuff! The food..oh my the food! You must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!WellFedDined on 6/12/2014We love the Harper House. Before having a child we went almost every week. Now it's our special getaway. Always great food and service. The staff knows your preferences and does everything to meet your needs. Would recommend to anyone who wants to get away from the chain dining places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014Always a favorite! Make sure you order the Mac and Cheese...it's not your ordinary mac and cheese!! And the Brussels sprouts will make you surprised you love brussel sprouts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the Harper House Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Has been a favorite of mine for quite soom time, loveit....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazinguk4lifeDined on 5/10/2014This was my 1st time @ the Harper House and it was great.. Everyone told me the cheese curds and Mac & Cheese were amazing.. They were right, so good. :) The "Doc Holiday" was good ;) Amazing staff. Will definitely be going back. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outFoodlover330Dined on 5/10/2014This was my second time dining at Harper House and it was just as great as the first time. Our waitress was very attentive and kept water glasses filled but also respected that it looked like our group was busy catching up. I ordered the filet and it was cooked to a perfect medium rare, with the asparagus and maple bacon brussel sprouts for sides. I wish I had gotten a double order of the brussel sprouts-SO GOOD. Another friend ordered the pork belly and the other the crab stuffed tilapia. It was the only time the table was quiet-when we were eating. St. Elmo's punch was a fave cocktail and the creme brulee cheesecake was perfect to share. Girls night, date night, any night, this is a great place!Special Features:
- Best Resturant iRyderFamDined on 5/10/2014This is the best resturant in the Hopkinsville /Clarksville area. Great food and atmosphere. Owners are superb at customer service. Nice date night or special family meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2014The food was delicious and the atmosphere has a great vibe. It is a bit noisy, but overall a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014We were celebrating my mom's birthday and had a party of 22. Harper House took excellent care of us . We were in a private dining are and the wait staff did an outstanding job. The food was excellent as well but I've come to expect that from the Harper House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014I knew this place many years ago under a different name. I didn't know what to expect but it is a fabulous restaurant. The service was impeccable!!! Our server was a nice man and honest when we asked about specific entres. We will definitely be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.